I am going to be a part of a ocean/sailor (or pirate) campaign, but I do not know what race and class to play as...

I am going to be a part of a ocean/sailor (or pirate) campaign, but I do not know what race and class to play as. Do you guys have any cool ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_5F1zYQF5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's d&d5e by the way.

Race: Pirate
Background: Pirate
Class: Fucking Pirate

You make a good point user

Boring answer: variant human (take the feat that gives you battlemaster maneuvers for Riposte) rogue/swashbuckler

Better answer: Circle of the moon druid. Race doesn't matter. Become a shark

Play a LE human female cleric of Umberlee, kept on board the ship to ensure the crew escapes the wrath of The Bitch Queen.

Consider a LE female drow arcane trickster, a magical inclined scoundrel focusing on fire magic. Your familiar is a black parrot.

Finally, male Triton battlemaster with a noble background. Focus around using the trident, see if your DM will let you use the UA spear feat with it. Become aquaman.

Also druid that can turn into a shark.

Half-orc Tempest cleric fluffed as a sea shaman that worships spirits of the storms. Take some inspiration from Pacific Islander cultures and Queequeg.

Both good answers.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_5F1zYQF5M

Classic Errol Flynn style swashbuckling rogue/fighter for maximum swinging from ship to ship and cutting sails. Fence the shit out of everything

It seems like the idea of cutting the enemies sails is a bit dumb when some twat can just lob fire at them.

Storm Barbarian of the Sea, be an angry viking man. pick up GWM, PAM and use the halberd like a Dane axe.

Not calling your idea dumb, just seems that wizards ruin all the fun for martials.

>but I do not know what race and class to play as.

Lvl1 commoner.

Have fun dying to a stiff breeze.

I have chosen to go with the ranger class. But I cannot decide on what companion to take, I feel like wanting a giant crab, because it is a fucking
giant crab or a giant lizard

>he fell for the beastmaster meme
Good luck with that.

user, are you at least playing the UA ranger/beastmaster?
Something amphibious would be the best choice. But I shark as a pet would be way cooler.

> Not picking the obvious giant squid.

>giant squid
Say goodbye to your petsince Moby's hungry

Do you think Moby Dick's full name was Moby Richard?

Tabaxi Bard that knows all the best Sea Shanties

Hmmmm, never thought of that. Usually when I see good old Moby I start screaming about blood and thunder, and how I'm going to harpoon that asshole who TOOK MY LEG!!!!!!!

I went with the Giant crab. Cuz crabs are cool

Hida Kisada approved

What is the size of a Giant Crab?
If it is large you should take the mounted combat feat, or play a small race and ride it into battle if it is medium.

My DM only allowed me to take a medium crab, and I have chosen to be a Dragonborn from a not!Lizardmen island

>having a crab on your side
>instead of fighting a giant enemy crab, and attacking its weak point for massive damage