Describe a comfy room you'd find in a megadungeon

Describe a comfy room you'd find in a megadungeon.

The kind that the party would say, "Yeah, we should definitely rest here."

The orgy room. Assuming the pseudo-Renaissance level of tech in most D&D settings, the orgy room is guaranteed to have plush upholstery.

>The kind that the party would say, "Yeah, we should definitely rest here."
Really depends on the party, any of my two groups would go: JESUS FUCK NO IT'S A MINDFUCK TRAP AND WE WILL ALL BE RAPED.

so the comfiest you can get is basically a big emptied out dining hall covered in spider webs and dust.

Yeah, no, if we find a room like that it would such an obvious trap.

A small chapel or shrine dedicated to a forgotten but benevolent deity, covered in dust and spiderwebs but otherwise free of the sorts of decay or corruption found elsewhere in the dungeon. The PCs feel a sense of peace upon entering.

A secret room with a holy ward.

One non-essential wall has been tipped over, a light stream rolls over it and harmlessly into a pool of clean water.

A lofted area. Being high up always gives people sense of security, even underground.

>The PCs feel a sense of peace upon entering.
shit like that always makes me immediately suspecious and insist on not staying in the area.
The only exception is if the evil character is repulsed or feel sick when entering.

"You come into another chamber of the castle, a storehouse, seemingly. The wide, high-cielinged space would be lit with the first sunlight you've seen in days, but night has fallen, and steady rain patters on the windows. The floor is stone, bare, and untouched by filth but covered with a sparse layer of dust. Empty barrels, heavy linen and canvas drop cloths, lengths of chain, and other domestic debris are scattered about. There is a mostly-emptied crate of stout wooden dowels with a bag of linen rags and a couple flasks of oil for making torches in the corner, and brackets on the wall."

Does it work?

Honestly? Throw in a campfire or something like that, and it would be pretty damn comfy.

>The party, overcome with fatigue, could not push itself any further. A simple dining hall, gray and long-since looted of everything but its creaky table and benches, would be the spot of their respite. Barricades went up, miscellaneous constructs of furniture and spit that propped the rotted doors against forgotten horrors. A cauldron was found, cobwebs were brushed aside, and rations pulled from packs. Small comfort, perhaps, but a welcome one. The ragtag group sat 'round the low flames and swapped stories, amidst the sound of armor being removed and sizzling meat. Yet shadows still danced in the corners of the room, the corners of their eyes, and the peace could not last forever.

9/10 would cook food and make camp

A room where a previous party rested. Removed the webs and dust, drew a few protection spells, stacked some old blankets, made a little campfire place, gathered some dried meat and fresh water, candles and arrows.
Their bodies lie a few room after just before the boss lair.

>a few room after just before the boss lair.
>resting that close to the boss
no thanks

Have an untouched skeleton in the corner curled up in a blanket with a diary saying "Day 23, am sure the roving monsters will not enter this room. Alas, that I feel my internal bleeding will kill me before I heal, but at least I know I will die comfy. If an adventurer finds my gear please make good use of it but also tell my wife I have perished. "

>psyke he cursed all his gear out of spite

>but at least I know I will die comfy.

What are NEETs doing out adventuring.

Long rest without the rogue? Count me in.

I dm'ed a trip through a megadungeon once, the two rest spots were a tattoo parlor and a gigantic bar big enough for Titans to have a cozy atmosphere to drink. We ended up seeing our friends baby dragon but it had been 50 years and she was getting drunk there

a pit filled entirely with out colored plastic balls

>no edgelords allowed
what more could a party ask for?

The monster's break room. There's a couch to nap on, a pool table, water, etc.

You don't even want to know what kind of diseases you can pick up in one of those.

Like suggests, a room with a nondescript "benevolent goddess" statue standing in an alcove on the far wall, with a few benches and a fountain in the center, a sense that this is a true sanctuary in the dungeon.

Kehehehe
Bonus points if the monster in question is present and friendly.

>nondescript
>priest/cleric gets suspecious because he should know what goddess it is with his knowledge skill.

>aren't you going to attack us?
Nope. It's my lunch break. Union laws and all that.
>When does your lunch break end?
When do you leave?

>chart on the wall tracking each monster's kills
>some monster named "Gill" has no kills
>fishman walks up to you, and asks if you'd be willing to head towards the underground lake after you're done resting

10/10 would use in a megadungeon.
>"Sure" replies the wizard
>Pic related

Cestree is such a pure cinnamon roll. I want to pat her on the head.

>"He's not coming out!"
>"LET'S HUMP THE SPHERE UNTIL HE GETS REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE."

>shit like that always makes me immediately suspecious and insist on not staying in the area.

That's the sort of thing that is so blatant that any DM that went so far as to say that would basically HAVE to make the place be untrapped, because otherwise the players will never trust him again whenever he's being so direct.

I've tried to invoke this for the players by making a crowded inn along the way. They insisted on staying in the stables out of paranoia for assassins, so I had the Avatar of their patron demigoddess pop in and cozy up with them. One of them left with the ability to see through the Avatar's eyes because I decided it would make for some good RP. They never used the ability, then got their arm chopped off by the BBEG a few days later..

Good times.

She's a cute.

Some mossy area with a small underground stream running through.Small slivers of sunlight filters through cracks in the ceiling, providing enough light for moss to grow.

I don't think most people appreciate just how soft and calming a carpet of thick moss is.

A room of odd dimensions with benches along one side with a clean stream of water and growing ferns along the other. Above is a series of skylights but with iron bars covering them - unusual features for this dungeon. At each end of the room is a heavy steel door. Both doors latch from the inside, allowing the room to be pretty secure.

On the wall behind the benches are a bunch of engravings on the wall describing important historical events. Interesting, but not necessarily important.

In the center of the room is a small pit just a foot or so deep with ashes and dirt in it, with some curved stone seats positioned around the pit. Neither the seats or the pit bear any markings, suggesting they were not used for anything of importance.

>A room of odd dimensions
I can't say I play characters who'd find every (2n+1)-space comforting, but to each their own I guess?

It's the sort of room that you could read a thread like this one in.

I was about to post this, sunshafts are comf.

>comfy

I hate this meme so much.

Don't worry, it'll die soon. Just like Loss, Baneposting, and Pepe and Wojak.

>You enter the room to your left, the door creeks on old hinges and opens slowly.
>As you look inside you see what appears to be a small table in the corner, three chairs, a sleeping cot, and small pot suspended over small fire pit.
>The table has a letter on it with the words "Please Read" written in common on the front along with two bottles of an amber liquid.
>The letter says "Dear folk, I hope that you have not had as hard a time as I reaching this point. I am the last of my party and invite you to stay here for a rest. I know it is not much, but if you are hurt, make a soup using one of the bottles on the table and share with each other, please, leave the rest. The room is protected from the beast that roam here through ancient magic that makes them blind to its existence. If you should find an undead or body of an elvish man near this room, please put me to rest. Thank you."
>The room feels inviting like the home of a friend.

You notice a sickly sweet waft upon entering the chamber. It carries a pepper freshness, somewhat out of place in this dank dungeon. On the distance, there seems to be a faint light and the cheerful song of distant birds. A small opening allows sunlight to enter the room, and a little stream runs along the cave floor transforming the room into a veritable grotto. Grass and the occasional flower dot the landscape.

>survival dc 5
You find a small clearing amidst the flowers, probably the markings of camp a previous group once had set. Surrounded by heavy foliage, you would be unlikely to be seen by anything approaching the room.
>save? y/n

Why? It seems harmless enough.

This is one of the last places I would want my party to rest in. I'd feel lucky if only their dreams were molested sleeping there. Plus, plush upholstery is ripe for poisonous arachnids sick of eating velvet and semen.

>Plus, plush upholstery is ripe for poisonous arachnids sick of eating velvet and semen.
The things this hobby makes you type.

Run run run runrunrunrurururururrr

A cold stone room with a pre-constructed hearth and solid doors.

>There's a whole tavern inside the room, complete with patrons and everything
>"What do you mean, "inside a dungeon"? Are you drunk already?"
>looking out through the windows, it seems like the tavern really is situated in a normal place
>any attempt to leave it just gets them back inside the dungeon though. Other patrons are unaffected by this.

Now watch your players start a barfight, steal a lot of alcohol/foood, then get to rest on the dungeon hallways while feasting