What are some cool things for a summoner to summon that aren't angels and demons and crap

What are some cool things for a summoner to summon that aren't angels and demons and crap

Ordinary convenient objects.

Spectres, wights, some sort of nature spirits. I.e. something roughly of the same level as mortals (not linked to some omnipresent powers), just not material.

Bears

Mechs

GOBLIN HERO.

Perfectly generic objects
They have so many uses!

I had an idea for a sentai summoner/monk a while back. Unfortunately the ability to join forms with your summon was way too late game.

Spiders
Skeleton spiders
Robot spiders
Other arachnids. Imagine how terrified would foe be after he finds out he has a swarm of ticks hidden ih his hair.

People who are employed to be summoned.
Imagine a corporation that sells spells to summon workers, warriors, scholars, freaks, humorists, medics, all of them paid a nice salary to serve as summons, always ready to be transported to any asshole of this world.

What game would be perfect for a summoner based game?

Dickass Djinni.
Building the walls of Prague and speaking with Solomon is an added bonus

Beings of unfathomable power by accident that have lasting repercussions. Possibly giving the party a reason to send them back from whence they came before reality falls apart.

>Hastur go home
> NO WAY BRO

Dickweasels

Several small, extremely weak spirits that are capable of performing only a single rudimentary task or action.

Intermediate Ballistic Missiles.

I always liked the idea of a summoner that summons weapons, armour, etc.
Maybe he moves it telekinetically like that one dude from that shitty anime

Ancestral spirits
Kami of nearby wildlife/fixtures/objects

By the way is this anime any good?

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Favourite 'summoner' I've ever encountered was in a pulpy powers game in the 30s.
Old rich English gentleman actually master thief who could teleport objects to and from himself and any areas that he knew extremely well, IE his country estate.
I recall summoning a gatling gun into a bar as some countries spec forces were coming after us. Also summoning a deusenburg in a flimsy Asian building and the party using it to escape a plane trying to strafe us.
Also summoning sandwiches prepared by his Butler and placed in a specific spot.
Great game, player, and character.

Oozes
Insects
Aberrations

a willing woman

succubus (male)

You could always just ditch the monk part and play the synthesist summoner variant.

maybe he keeps them in his pocket
and throws them
and calls it summoning

It's amusing. I remember enjoying the first season, think I got tired of the second.

>succubus (shemale)

One of my players is a cleric of Kek.
he once accidently summoned a Slaad and it almost killed the party, but then it decided it wanted to disembowl some hobgoblins

-the spirit of the angry mother of the opponent telling him to clean his room
-sentient patch of slippery oil that can move (but is very vulnerable to fire damage)
-animated former weapons of the opponent who while attacking tell how they were mistreated
-animated automatons designed to clean (robo-butler/robo-maid) they can also attack with brooms
-animate common items. Including the shoes of the opponent who try to walk on their own.
-rain made of fruits/vegetables. Cause blunt damage and turn the ground slippery. Also tasty.

This.

My man

Any spellcaster that does stuff is a chump.
Summoners are basically the smartest wizards.

Lower level adventurers

more summoners

golums

Your OC

Black Sperm

>Align yourself with the Far Realm as an Alienst
>Proceed to summon the Far Realm equivalent of Upper and Lower Planar Creatures or animals, and fuck with any given ritual of summoning with your fucked up alignment
>Visit that fucking Layer of the abyss you can get in a quest that was also part of the Upper planes once upon a time that grants you a template that let's you be cosmically morally ambigious, in that you can use Good/Evil spells without penalty
>Steal the Wand of Orcus
>Go back to your layer
>Become a Demon lord, but not really, because this template is that fucking awesome, and the Wand of Orcus literally turns you into a Demon lord over a seven week period of overexposure
>The fucking template that let's you break the fucking alignment system stacks with your demon lord template
>Proceed to become a Great old one, Bloodborne style.
>Fuck off outaa D&D until the Alignment system is dead andYog-sothoth returns
This is all fucking published material too.

BEES

Lemons

indeed

Surely it would be an incubus then. potentially though succubi shift between genders to steal semen from males then impregnate females, as I understand them to operate classically, but that might be a bit too "real"
Personally I love any sort of intelligent thing that you bring in as a proxy for battle. Say, an elemental that is actually aware of themselves and that you have to convince to serve you, or a demon that does so only begrudgingly. It gets stranger (and more interesting) when you bring in entities from the rest of Planescape and have to interact with them long-term

Surely it would be an incubus THEN

Preposterously large animals (wolf the size of a horse, horse the size of a siege engine, crab the size of a giant, etc.)
Naturally large animals (elephants, T. Rexes, whales if you're doing a nautical campaign)
Elementals
Fey
Warlocks (I give him power, in exchange he tolerates being summoned every so often).
Modrons
Inanimate Objects, which you then use during battle (summon a boulder above an enemy's head, summon a literal wall to put between yourself and enemies, summon a ladder to get out of a pit)
Modrons
The Spirits of Your Honored Ancestors
Swarms
Slimes

Friends.

that feel