/pgg/ - Paizo Games General

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also known as /pfg/, Pathfinder and Starfinder welcome)

Outsiders Edition
Talk about cool, wierd, scary, and otherwise interesting expereinces and interactions you have with Outsiders. How do you like your Outsiders? And how do you implement them into homebrew settings?

Link repository, could really use an update: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53605120/#53606442
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do you like your Outsiders?

Physical manifestations of virtue, prayer, fear and terror. If an Angel is made out of Good, I want them to *literally* be made out of the Virtue of the world, their form and functioning altered depending on what that Virtue is.

inb4 cuck-user starts bitching about page 8

Reminder to bully nerds who want to play gun-wielding shrine maiden awoos

I want to use the Outer and Esoteric dragons more often. They're WAY cooler than the normal chromatics and metallic dragons. I guess Metallic dragons would also be cool if they were ACTUALLY made of metals, and went up to like, Mithril, Adamantium, and Oricalchum dragons and shit.

Why are all of you so thirsty for big confident bara men? Is it because no one will touch your female characters?

No!

Gun-wielding shine maiden awoos must be protected by voluptuous provincial yokai fox-women with fantastic magical talent!

>big confidenet bara men

Rory ruined that meta. He was the last, most infamous bara.

Gun maidens don't make any sense though, dude.

I was always thirsty for big confident bara men.
Because I can't find one IRL. ;_;

Guns make more sense than a sword. A lot less muscle mass needed to shoot a gun than sword/hammer someone

Okay fine- I still want Fox Tits to use her witchy fox magic on me!

Humanoid, but with a mentality that is definitely not.

Okay, I'm at a crossroads with my concept, being that of the redheaded Vigilante who seeks to restore her family's name. Either I play it straight, with her Vigilante identity being a 'loyal retainer' of her once-noble family, or I can make her a Consumed Vigilante. In the latter case, she would claim to be that 'loyal retainer', carrying out the last wishes of 'his' mistress. Both options are ways to represent redemption and the restoration of prestige, but I'm fine with either one. What should I choose?

Still doesn't feel as thematic as bows or something. Guns are for nobunaga types

Realistically you probably want to go for a Trait that hasn't been taken yet, since Argent is probably going to want only one member of each trait on the team.

Because it's a passing fantasy. Confident golden-boy types are nice, but they don't usually get picked for games by good GMs because they've got no place to go for development unless you go out of your way to break them down.

By contrast, almost every big muscular male character that got accepted to a game had some kind of mild edge to him, or a shameful secret, or some sort of significant character flaw. Not as sexy, to be sure, but you can do a lot more with that character that isn't just "And then the world just decided to shit on you. Again."

Well, if we have a little ambition...

They're plenty of spaces for them to occupy. They can be a mentor to one of the other player characters or even a Han Solo type.

Which haven't been taken yet?

Literally who?

Where is a good place to look for players?

It's not that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you. Can I get a link on that?

Bows need literally more strength than swords. Real life archers were BUFF as fuck. Moreover, breasts get in the way of archery.
Hence, gun maidens is the most sensible female archetype.

Maybe not thematic in low fantasy, but 'lady gunslinger' is a pretty common thing.
Not here.
What are you looking for in players?

>He doesn't know who Rory is

look at this fucking newbie

Mentoring is for NPC relationships. And Han Solo types aren't "golden-boy" types.

Big confident bara guys, unless they turn out to be shitheads like Rory, are pretty much going to be static characters. Your "Han Solo type" would be more likely to be occupied by the team's Dexfag Rogue or resident edgelord.

there are fifty fucking outsider subtypes, and only the same few keep getting support
fuck it

Entire worlds that were made into bio-mechanical machines left after completing some purpose to their own devices.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53605120/#53606442

Follow the post chain.

Just give me a fucking shonen anime protagonist for fucks sake

>Shitheads like Rory

How's he doing anyhow? I heard he missed the last session of DG2.

So were we just bullying the "Child of a wolf-god" user last thread?

It doesn't matter where you look there are always going to be bad submissions and people who can't get along with groups. My advice is to make a survey test 2 gauge which kind of personalities would best fit your play style and what you're looking for in a group then start using that to weed out people you woulsn't want to play with.

I've had as many bad players as I have good players from; tg, suptg, pfg, gitp, rpg.net, we forums and enworld, among other places.

If I had to pick one that I felt was arguably the worst though it's probably Veeky Forums. The anonymity has food a lot of them into thinking they can just flake out and drop out of games whenever they want and I'll find more later without any sort of repercussions to shity behavior and being unreliable building up a reputation around them.

We did what we always do: Shitpost about nothing and make nonsense assertions!

>he thinks Rory is relevant
look at this fucking loser

I was gonna make Loke a wild hermit because he p much was, but then he spent 60 years becoming village grandpa and casting from his ki pool so i couldnt justify it anymore.
Also + carry weight on a 30 str giant lel.

I don't pay attention to other people's games as I'm usually busy playing in my own.

Mostly managing to keep his head down, but still managing to fuck up massively here and there (bamboozling with a popular meme game for instance).

Affected by something that gives you a boner =/= In a relationship

I want to protect that user from your shitposting!

> you aren't allowed to have relationships among player characters where one relies on the other or takes advice from them

You have such a narrow concept of what you can and cannot play it's really laughable.

You want to look up Sleep then, that's pretty much his schtick. Matter of fact, he's already playing one in RotJR.

Mandate of Heaven - 3 [Yamaguchi Yuudai, Yīn Sūn Báisòng, Yin Xue Hua]
Shrine Maiden of Paradise - 1 [Língmèng Qīng]
Seeker of the Grass Cutter - 2 [Tsubaki Higashiyama, Koji]
Celestial Dragon's Disciple - 1 [Mira "Mia" Covinus]
Wild Hermit of the Mountains - 1 [Shosouga no Kazuki]
Wisdom of the Sake Jar - 2 [Huan Shuang, Loke Laufey]

So Bureaucrat of the High Court is completely untaken, while Wild Hermit's app is basically not there and you might be able to get it in anyway. Shrine Maiden and Celestial Dragon are probably a lot harder even though they only have one person because everyone seems to like foxtits and Argentum seems to personally like the knockoff Reimu, but you can obviously risk either if you think you've got a solid app.
I mean it's not like you can have a shit app and get in anyway since there's not enough players for every slot, but it might help a little.

What's the difference between a god and an outsider?

There's two hermits actually

I ignored Maximum and the Monkey King because they can't play.

It's just that "mentor" implies a lot more baggage than relying on each other and taking advice. The latter is something I'd expect of any PC-to-PC relationship that isn't explicitly a rivalry.

The former is more like a relationship that's defining one party as superior and the other as inferior, whether strictly or mildly so. That's a lot harder to pull off between PCs, since they're supposed to be equals and peers in terms of power level (unless the GM is being a shit and favoring one of them).

A statblock

Gods are exceptionally powerful Outsiders with a spark of divinity within them, divinity being a substance or state.

Your sempai basically. Kamina and Simon, Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, Jon Snow and Fatty.

I'd also imagine trait mechanics kinda help things along. If you're a class with a Ki pool, then Wisdom of the Sake Jar becomes invaluable, and if you're going to ever touch a Katana then Seeker of the Grass Cutter is a no-brainer. This probably hurts a bit when some characters look like they'd make more sense with a different trait, but took the other for mechanical reasons.

Aside from Mira, what characters do people even like?
Ensoulment posting feels like it's drowned out JttW. It's kinda nice, but at the same time it's hard to get a good picture of it.

Well at least he's not a constant shitter

Are we ready to give Aurelia a guaranteed spot for Ensoulment yet?

Nah Sleep adds a bit too much edge

I'm looking for a Semi, ya know

You're looking at it wrong.

In a 10th level gestalt, a gunmage isn't the issue. the issue is that you're trying to put a western spin on it when you don't need to. Chinese wuxia is about perfecting yourself and your skills. Using a gun and magic with that gun isn't an issue. We're talkign about a culture where women were seen as equals not because they were women and equal, but because their efforts matched the efforts of the culture they lived in. It didn't matter that a woman wasn't capable of being as strong as a man or have as much stamina. The very effort they put into increasing their skills, their stamina, and there strength are what earned them this respect. They were equals because they worked hard to perfect their abilities to the point they could achieve, and the pushed past that.

Your gunmage isn't a person trying to make guns better than swords, or trying to obsolete swords. Your character is perfecting his personal skills using a weapon he prefers, in a method he finds challenging and exciting. The magical aspect is his chi, or qi, and his ability to use his gun to eliminate opponents and defend his capability of fighting is what really matters. that it is a bizzare or unusual weapon isn't an issue - they had people who used sharpened coins as weapon, and made things like the flying guillotine! A gun will get odd looks, but if your warrior is an expert and is striving for improvement, THAT is what matters in wuxia.

>JttW has traits

O-Oh, I didn't know this... Well, looks like none of those work for my concept! Wooooooo.

>his head just fucking disappears
wtf i love monks now.

You haven't seen the last two Bestiaries or something?

Deku* damned phone posting

If you're asking me personally
Foxtits > Totally Reimu > Koji and Loke > Yin Xue Hua > the rest

One Touch Ki Power and Ascetic Form Style, user.

Sleep seems to have added edge to later characters because Rubio didn't get memed enough until the Shayliss episode.

Rubio, by contrast, is about as classic shonen protagonist as you can get--bold, optimistic, kind of stupid, real himbo type of guy. Though if he's not doing it for you, try Drifter and Etan.

as someone that's watched this
extremely high level stalker with steel serpent and weapon ground adaptation improvised weapon

I fucking hate campaign traits.

She's cute but garunteed? Not with that schedule

I was not asking you in particular, but your thoughts are appreciated. If only you knew.

Still, the shrine maiden angle seems to have a little too much connotation to it. Maybe the awoo-god child could have been abandoned by her mother, and then found and raised by a hunter, who teaches gunfu and tells her to use her magic together or something.

What? That's not what I was saying at all. I love campaign traits and I think they're lovely for figuring out a character concept, but none of those fit my concept and I'm not too invested in joining that campaign to rejigger the character.

>Drifter and Etan

But Etan isn't a human bean!

Ask Argentum if he'll add a trait for you, he's been open about lots of shit also you get FREE LEGACY WEAPON

>FREE LEGACY WEAPON
What does that mean?

So we come to the real reason: Being a picky motherfucker is why you haven't found anyone yet.

Legacy Weapons are weapons that grow with the character, kind of like how Starfinder allows you to upgrade existing weapons to be on-par with end-game equipment.

And it's more than just enchantment, Legacy weapons turn into pseudo-artifacts.

BOSS WEAPONS

>Reading FotJR greentexts
Somebody on that team really has it in for Rubio. Do Sleep and the GM have history, by any chance?

Just my personal complaints with male chars

Where would this be found?

Can anyone give a rundown/TLDR of the current Chalice apps? I think the app process closes soon!

What do you want out of a male character then?

The assumption was Corwin wanted to take care of his boner by putting it in Valeriya.

>no shitpost summaries of JttW apps yet

It is entirely possible to have a shrine maiden dedicated to the gun.

She uses a gun because she was having serious issues with then local spirits that were tring to invade her temple grounds. Her arrows, for all the rituals and skillsshe had, were not harming the too-quick spirits. she would find bundles of arrows wrapped in vines outside the shrine gates. She was trying to hunt a particularly malicious one when there was a crack of thunder and a gout of flame and smoke, and the spirit was dropped to the ground and wailed until it vanished. The weapon the passign hunter had had caught the spirit and slain it....what kind of weapon had such power?

As she learned the way of the gun, she learned to channel her magic through it, and became an even stronger and more potent defender of her shrine with new magic and strange weapon in hand.

Innovation is not anathema to wuxia ideals.

It's a scaling Unique Item that eventually goes artifact tier at high levels.
Check Lingmeng's sheet for her Legacy Weapon.

R8 (Level 16): Lingmeng can use Magic Danmaku at will as a Swift action, using her character level as her caster level. Magic Danmaku is a Magic Missile that scales to 20. Magic Danmaku creates so many force missiles that even Shield and similar effects cannot stop them all, and any missiles in excess of the normal 5 slam through regardless.

You get a custom one for free unless you mean the stuff Argentum is basing it off, which is pdf related.

Well shit by that logic Etan and Rubio are already married.

Face it, we're not that bizzare for 10th level characters.

Homolove is the only true love

Just because their dicks were in the same person does not mean they're in love! The comment mentioned hooking up, and you don't need a relationship to hook up.

Apparently a shonen protagonist like the one from BnHA, except confident, tall, muscular, without character depth, with no flaws, and...

The user basically wants a dildo with a training dummy attached.

This explains nothing on how I'm supposed to make a Legacy weapon.

You don't make one, you make a character and talk with Argentum about it.

That happened a few days ago.

D I C K
D E L I V E R Y
S Y S T E M

This looks dumb and fun. Is it? If so, what it is?

Some chink cartoon

Thunderbolt Fantasy.

?????

Can't wait to see what kind of NPC Hecate is going to come up with for JttW.

Thunderbolt Fantasy. An entirely puppet 'animated' anime

Pretty much a perfect example to sell people on either PoW or Wuxia, or both

user you seem to have issues with buff attractive guys turning out to not be shotheads with a tortured past.

Perhaps you are projecting just a little?