You guys remember that Lord of the Rings game?

You guys remember that Lord of the Rings game?

I remember posters on Veeky Forums getting unreasonably upset over the state of their lives because there's an attractive female holding a Tolkien book in your OP image.

Oh, wait, that's still ten minutes from now.

No, I don't.

I'm mostly irritated on how badly that one image is spliced in

Which one?

That one made by the Warhammer folks.
Was it any good?

Which one because there have been a bunch

>That one made by the Warhammer folks.
Drawing blanks, sorry. Games Workshop had LotR miniature game, not a card game.

The first mention of "Card" in this thread was in your post

What's this? All male strip lotr risk?

Here you see it folk, never rely on your cognitive capabilities after pulling all-nighter.

So yeah, in that case, I do. Bar brawl of sorts, lot of pushing and shoving, very little model elimination. Minis overpriced even by GW's standards.

The hilarious thing is that I TOO, HAVE PULLED AN ALL NIGHTER
Cue dramatic music/sound effect.

Which one?

TOR RPG?
AiME?
MERP?
That other LotR RPG nobody cared about ever?
GW's miniature wargame?
FFG's card game
That older TCG?
One of countless boardgames?
I knew much hotter chicks digging tolkien tho'.

Not that I ever was anywhere close achieving anything with those.

Oh my, what a coincidence.

Chicks love Tolkien.
Even back when "the movie" referred to a Bakshi or Rankin-Bass cartoon.

Well, if you speak friend in language of elves, she might let you enter.

Call out her name and she'll sing for you.

>the one time in your life where talking about nerd shit will help you user
>don't fuck it up
>don't fuck it up

WHY DIDN'T THE EAGLES JUST FLY THE RING INTO MORDOR

fug

She's really not that attractive. She's alright, but not nearly hot enough to trigger a sperg-fit. Also not wearing revealing clothes or anything.

To trigger full REEEEEEEEEE mode you need to show a whore holding Tolkien, not some wholesome, fairly average-looking, girl-next-door type.

Somthing like pic related.

Protip: Even in a circumstance like this, talking about nerd shit still won't help.

what if I say "hey babe wanna see my anduril" in perfect elvish?

It won't help.
See, she's a girl, so she's allowed to like whatever she wants and it's cute, she'll be seen as unique and quirky.
As a man, if you're publicly into geeky stuff, it automatically makes you seem like an autistic manchild turbovirgin creep.
I'm surprised that people here don't know this.

What if I say
>ayooo what up gurl, noice tatoo, is that from them like master of tha rings or somthin' thats cool, wan som fuk?

>ITT dudes who rarely talk to nerd subculture women explaining how women think

I never talked to girls before
will she be impressed by my large collection of lotr miniatures?

>doesn't deny that the described public perception of geeky men is accurate

depends how painted they are, doesn't need to be Golden Demon level, but anything below mean score of 8 by CMoN rating is not worth showing off

t. harassed a girl all night about a book she mentioned reading and is now mad she called him a retarded virgin

>no argument
No need to be so mad about it. I know it's not fair, but that doesn't make it less true.

>t. harassed a girl all night about a book she mentioned reading
Anybody recalls that one time Veeky Forums took liking of a girl they found online and essentially freaked her out to the point of erasing her online existence - purging youtube channel, facebook, and everything?

It makes no sense to be into something and then make fun of someone for being into that same thing.

>Inb4 "Of course it make no sense, women are simple creatures of irrationality!"

Sperging out over something in general is frowned on, regardless.

Bragging about your mini collection for example, depending on how you say it is the same as either "Sup bitch, check my car, got the new rims, subwoofer, liquid injection, bet you've never seen anything like it, get on your knees and beg and I might let you give me a handy in it." or "Hey, wanna come back to my van and see my knife collection?"

Literally the way to think about women is this; act the same as you would adult dudes. I only specifically say adult because some guys are so socially inept that they still act like they are in gradeschool.
Remember that a girlfriend is just an upgrade to friend when sex gets added and that "soul mates" is a nice way of saying "best friends who fuck". A "good relationship" is people who fuck but are still actual friends instead of realizing they are merely regular acquaintances who fuck and otherwise don't care to hamg out outside of fucking and the lead-in to the fucking.

So basically she likes being called Dark Hole.

Well. I dunno, I'd choose something else.

>at least she doesn't have panties with "Glittering Caves" on them

I'm not saying it makes sense or that it's women's fault or any of that shit, I'm saying it's true.
General public perception applies differently to men and women in regards to liking geek culture stuff.

well whatever, here is the arguement, it's not only about sex, yes a female gets away with it, but men do too, it'sabout your attitude. If you are likable, not pushy about it and confident about it you can get away with it. It's a common misconception of us social retards that when we get mocked about something we think everyone is mocked for that, in truth it's about charisma.
Sources:
i learnt to be confident enough about my hobbies that people not only stopeed mocking them, but showed interest or neutrality toward them.
I know a chad who has an infinite amount of the autist kind of nerd stuff and even tried to get his GFs int othem.
Many "cool people" agree with me and either play or know people who play and think nothing bad of it.
(protip this doesn't mean it's completely socially accepted, if somene's first thing he she heard about you is nerdy stuff it's going to set you back, but it isn't nearly as bad as many people think)

>General public perception applies differently to men and women.
This, though it should be obvious.

The problem is differing viewpoints.

Suppose user and Anonette like Star Wars and meet on X-Wing night at their FLGS. In a good meeting, user asks which is her favorite film and they discuss favorite scenes as well as make a few reference jokes. They remember each other's names and the next time they meet up a casual conversation naturally occurs.

Sperg user just asks what she thought of Rogue One, and after she says something like "It was okay" launches into a full thesis of all the problems with it then abruptly ends the speech and awkwardly waits for her to argue against him while she just wishes she'd have gotten into Attack Wing instead. She avoids him at all costs afterwards because he's irritating.

I'm married dude, you don't have to explain how to talk to women to me.
I'm merely pointing out the fairly obvious fact that being into "geek stuff" is a social impediment for men, but not for women.

I honestly never got this meme. It's like saying "dude, why didnt' they just fly to Berlin and kill Hitler when he was on the WC?".

A guy walking around in a Captain America shirt is treated the same as a woman doing so. A guy reading a comic book on a bench gets treated the same as a woman doing so.
A group of women having a loud and obnoxious conversation about Marvel VS DC peppered with swearing in a public restaraunt gets the same ugly looks as a guy doing so.

If you do something negative or positive in a situation where there is only one gender present and represented, its a false assumption to think the reason is that uncontrolled variable.

>A guy walking around in a Captain America shirt is treated the same as a woman doing so.
Wrong.
>A guy walking around in a Captain America shirt is treated the same as a woman doing so.
Wrong.
>A group of women having a loud and obnoxious conversation about Marvel VS DC peppered with swearing in a public restaraunt gets the same ugly looks as a guy doing so.
Less wrong, but still only half true.
>If you do something negative or positive in a situation where there is only one gender present and represented, its a false assumption to think the reason is that uncontrolled variable.
But both genders are represented, and they are treated differently.
I can't believe I have to explain this to you, I thought this would be obvious to anyone who's even 10% socially aware.

You think a hot guy wants a girl in a naruto shirt? Or that they'll stick around to watch Doctor Who?

Its the same. Its just as unattractive.
Its just that most women can still get laid even if they are a nerd despite the actual relationship being just as unattainable.

>anyone who's even 10% socially aware
Oh wait, I'm on Veeky Forums, the home base of autists in denial.
Abandoning thread, feel free to get last word if you makes you guys feel better.

/hwg/ is normal. The youngest people tend to be around 20 while most are adults with jobs and families.

Not to mention the explanations are myriad.

The most basic being the fact the eagles don't have to do shit unless the fuckmiser Eru tells them to, and the whole conflict means jack shit to them since Eru wouldn't allow harm to come to his holy eagles. If they do show up its fucking awesome, but nobody can just go up and ask for a ride without being dropped off a cliff.

So its like asking why god didn't just smite Hitler where he stood. Because no fucks given, he'll safe a few random pilots who bail out of their flaming plane at 300 feet instead.

I wish Veeky Forums wasn't so full of incels these days.

Not seeing counterarguments there.

Nobody shoots ordinary folks dirty looks for wearing t-shirts unless it says something like Furcon 2013 or is a newer Power Rangers.

Most people give 0 fucks unless someone acts or looks likea creeper.

>Anybody recalls that one time Veeky Forums took liking of a girl they found online and essentially freaked her out to the point of erasing her online existence - purging youtube channel, facebook, and everything?
The screencap gets posted on Veeky Forums about once a month.

whoaaaawu! who is she?!!! Sauce plez?

Yeah it's posted quite often. Doesn't make it any less sad though.

Did you try using the native GIS before posting

post it here

You're a bitch nigger.

yeah, with google and iqdb.
I know her tits are fake but she looks great anyway.

The eagles serve Manwe, not Iluvatar directly