The wizarding school has a special house for students with an Evil alignment

>the wizarding school has a special house for students with an Evil alignment

>the students are mostly chaotic evil, and tend to argue that normative morality is oppressive and prevents social progress
>they now dominate the humanities and social sciences

what's their take on same-sex marriage?

>The biggest magical sporting event is not televised
>School curriculum ignores world history, political studies, geography, mathematics and any other sciences
>>Multi-Species society has segregated school system with only humans allowed

You too would turn evil if you were forced to exist one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>How to be an insufferable faggot
>A Veeky Forums guide

if that pic is an example of your taste in books, then you clearly have no taste whatsoever.

Fucking philistine!

>It's a "special" house for evil students.

I opened the thread hoping to see this.

As long as the partner is a pureblood, and they have a baby maker then it's fine.

>Atlas Shrugged
>god tier

>Ulysses
>anything but shit tier

No

Good job biting down on that metal hook as hard as you can

I can't help it, I hate Ulysses so much

>Atlas Shrugged
>God-tier

user, my sides don't deserve this

>Great Gatsby
>God tier
Have fun with your anti american garbage

This fails as both an actual tier list and as a joke tier list.

Which is why it's perfect bait.

>Evil

The green colour made me associate it with islam

I like the color green, I hate that it wound up being representative of envy/poison/other bullshit

makes me think of trees and nature and shit desu

The way Slytherin was handled was really one of the low points of the story. You have a house that is all about ambition, cunning, and basically 'getting the job done no matter the cost', and then you turn them all into 2 dimensional, evil assholes. There could have been some really great slytherin heroes/anti-heroes in the story. A group of Slytherin spies working against Voldemort from within; A formerly Slytherin Auror willing to break any rule to bring his target to justice; a Slytherin herbalist/saboteur using their knowledge to slow the tyrannical grasp of Voldemort's forces over Hogwarts; but instead we get a house full of toadies and one dude who couldn't get over his boner for a dead chick.

Snakes and Birds really got the shaft in the Potter series. I was hoping the new movies would change that, but considering the next Potter movie is a Griffindor hunting down Voldemort, I doubt we'll get any change in the status quo.

Not as bad as black as a colour gets shafted.
Red too, a fair bit of the time, though that's more a mixed bag

>Atlas Shrugged
>not god tier
commies get out

>Doesn't immediately refer to Dragonlance's handling of mages with the Wizard Trials

Disgusting casual detected, fucking remove yourself.

Well, we'll always have Slughorn.