I need some urban fantasy plot hooks involving Greek mythology

I need some urban fantasy plot hooks involving Greek mythology.

Like a gorgon using her petrifying gaze to "sculpt" life-like statues and selling them to the rich.

Or Greek gods meddling with modern people in truly Greek god way.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/P5HcBM5.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Minotaur trapping people in a maze like dimension, then eating them

Read Azzarello's run of Wonder Woman for ideas. Another good one is having to protect a mother with another illegitimate child of Zeus from killing rhen

Also trawl through Percy Jackson for ideas.

Watch/read american gods

Escalate the crimeacrisis to troy 2.0

Demi Gods can die of old age, but the Gods keep making babies with mortals. Now there really aren't conventional things to be patron god of anymore and you have guys like Steve, God of Baseball

Hobo Diogenes-alike turns out to be a prophet and local academia doesn't like him, looking for someone to off the dog

People go mad around town. Turns out they were all at the same wine-tasting event and Diyonisus is being a dick, reverting people to their animalistic selves

The mayor turns out to be in an Oedipus Rex situation and being savvy, he tries to fuck with fate and escape shame and divine punishment for bolting his own mom unknowingly. As a bonus point, have the players track down and talk with the Moiras only to find they're overworked and disillusioned, kinda hoping for a purge so they can have the same amount of work as they had around 4000BC

Someone just found Golden Fleece and MAN do some corporations are willing to pay high bux for it under the table. As the party embarks on a sea-faring adventure to retrieve it, they realise that Poseidon doesn't really like them and puts them through an odyssey 2.0

Ares-worshipping jihadist knockoffs

Oh yeah, when the situation turns stale make a scarrified, pissed-off Prometheus break free from his captivity and either make him angry at how he was forgotten by people or make him steal the flame again and straight up cyberpunk the campaign with a sudden technology jump

Cyclops sues 3D movie theater

10/10

The Sirens strike a deal with Poseidon for land walking capabilities.

Two weeks later, a lot of brothel patrons disappear, because they got eaten.

Zeus runs against Poseidon for the city's mayoral election

Hades is the only responsible choice but he keeps getting shunned in popularity polls due to his affiliation with the death biz

The minatours maze is just the bullshit customer service you have to negotiate a refund or to unsubscribe from

Weapons of extremely good quality are going to gangs in the citys slums. City guards talk about the difficulty dealing with them. Priests of Hephaestus get involved and claim they are too good to have been made by mortals.

After serious investigation a ring of underground Telkhine weapon dealers are selling weapons in various cities to sow chaos in preparation for their army of automatons to overthrow the city.

Children are going missing throughout the city. Snatched from their cradles. The Lamia has taken up residence within the walls.

A mysterious figure sets up a beauty pageant, with a large, magnificent, golden apple figurine as the first-place and only prize. Strangely, entrants are even more cutthroat than usual, and have begun employing increasingly drastic methods of sabotage against their top rivals.
For funsies, make the mysterious figure,
once revealed, look like i.imgur.com/P5HcBM5.jpg

Plus he's third-party.

>Prometheus steals fire back from man in vengeance

Adorable dragon unrelated

A couple dated a few times before a child sprung, fully grown and armored, from the dude's head.

His date is now suing for child support payments.

>spoiler
What's that Eris from? Googling "eris chimera" doesn't do much of anything.
At least, I assume that's Eris, given the golden apple beauty contest thing.

it's from the colorful talking ungulate cartoon that gets you banned if you mention it outside its containment board

Oh. That's a shame, she looks cute. And it means I won't be able to see more of her without running into that cancer.

It's r63, and isn't named Eris anyways.

Is the r63 named Eris at least, or did the first guy just post it to shove it everywhere with no relevance?

I have no idea. I only know anything about said things because of a young relative I sometimes babysit, and recognized that it's a female version of one of the male villains.
So I'm guessing the latter.

Atlantis is discovered by finding the point where somebody spliced an undersea internet cable. The natives are adept mages and shitposters.

degen drinking club... oh shit! it's those goat people. The women dancing on the floor are dryads. rooted in place

Multiple NPCs in positions of power relevant to the PCs are fighting over an apple of discord. The PCs must act as peacekeepers while trying to find Eris and get her to stop being a bitch.

Related: the Apple of Discord is a macbook belonging to a web chat platform developer.

So like except she promised it to the most effective leader rather than the prettiest.

A creature constructed from humanity's collectives dreams and nightmares of serial killers has escaped from the land of dreams and is now roaming the countryside, honing his craft and constructing a small army of well-hidden disciples.

Cancer here: The original version is basically Q (Even voiced by John de Lancie) in chimera form and while I don't know who first came up with the R63 form she's always been called Eris.

Using the same frame of reference, one of the muses has gone missing and no artist has inspiraton to create music/sculptures/paintings or whatnot...except for one guy

Atlantis is off the coast of Australia, so when they get their IP scanned, it tags them there. All the shitposting Australians are actually Atlanteans knowing they can get away with it.

The real fantasy here is a world where Aussies aren't the biggest shitposters on Earth.

>implying Aussies won't step up their game to defend their reputation as the greatest shitposters of all time

Hades sees the state of the Greek economy and loses his shit.

And thus began the first Shitposting War