What space marine chapter/legion battle cries do you like the most?

What space marine chapter/legion battle cries do you like the most?

My favourites:
1.Lamenters "For those we cherish, we die in Glory!"

2.Night Lords "We have come for you!" or "Ave Dominus Nox!"

3.Salamanders "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"

Other urls found in this thread:

mymemory.translated.net/en/Latin/English/ave-ave-dominus-noctis
youtube.com/watch?v=9dqkmPI2JlM
youtube.com/watch?v=l7ghs6p8inY
youtube.com/watch?v=Oz-dbPYUba4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iron within, iron without

Take the knot

>2.Night Lords "We have come for you!" or "Ave Dominus Nox!"

The big problem is that is fucked Latin. If only they used the real latin, I would already have dropped thousands of night lords, but im too autistic to let it pass.

It should be
>Ave Dominus Noctis

But it would not mean the same thing mymemory.translated.net/en/Latin/English/ave-ave-dominus-noctis

Nox and noctis are the same word, different casae.

"For the Emperor!"
Alpha Legion

kek
Veeky Forums at its purest form....

I really like the Salamanders "Into the fires of battle, unto the Anvil of War".

This one.

Cool I agree but to bad they are way to evil to root for.
At least The Night Lords are a reflection of trench coat kids listening to pumped up kicks, which you can understand and feel for if you are deep enough.

Why do you like them? 2. and 3. are my second and third favorites too, but I'm curious.

> 1. Word Bearers - "All I ever wanted was the truth" (probably may well be their battlecry, because their "cry" is them reciting passages from the Book of Lorgar, and that's the first words of it, and a legion of space marines reciting their justification for giving up everything they ever fought for is awesome.)
> Why
I love the idea of a pious legion, a legion who was not self-centered like the Emperor's Children, wrathful like the World Eaters, or disdainful like the Death Guard, who were the first to fall precisely because they wanted to elevate humanity and really know what was out there.

>Psssh nothing personal kid

1000 Space bucks to whoever guesses this chapter

This is what grimnar said to the grey knight before he decapitated him.

1. Because it invokes such feels and hopes in a grim dark setting, hell if a battle commander shouted that shit irl I would run straight towards the enemy with out caring for my life.

2. Its straight forward and strikes fear in your enemies. I just started reading the Night Lords Omnibus and the way the author is using the battle cry throughout the story gives chills down my spine.

3. Also like number 1.

>Battle Cry:transmit a tirade of expletives and threats across all vox-caster frequencies as they ambush enemy ships and settlements
Like a boss

Black Templars

Iron Warriors
not because it sounds cool (it does), but because they use it right: one dude (usually a leader) chants the first part, and the rest of the squad chants the second in perfect unison. In teh middel of a heated fight. They don't yell it, they don't whisper it either, and when few dozens of marines just say something simultaneously it comes out quite loud. Serves as both unit bonding adn hell of an intimidating move, not to mention it looks fucking badass.

>woe betide
Its cheesy but I like the Doom Eagles' battle cry. They're morbidly aware of the grim darkness and their place within it.

>using baddass unironically
Get out Randy

Blood For The Blood God

the most iconic

All Is not yet dust.

>Not being able to relate to the most /r9k/ primarch
Lel what is you doin here chad.

1. Word Bearers
> Hear my warnings, unbelievers. Carried to your minds by the power of the Prince of Excess himself. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. Veterans of ten millennia of unholy war wait to grind you beneath the treads of their mighty boots. The chosen of Khorne hunger to add you to their bloody tally. The Blood God himself has marked this land, and will claim your skulls for his throne. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos Undivided.
I like them for being a true Chaos Legion. They were the First Heretics and are true disciples of Chaos Undivided.
2. Iron Warriors
>Iron Within, Iron Without!
youtube.com/watch?v=9dqkmPI2JlM
I always envisioned them being like Darkseid/Apokopolis in W40K. They offer the worst of mankind in an industrial scale.
3. Soul Drinkers
>Cold and fast, Soul Drinkers!
Fallen warriors losing the war for a good cause.

Children of the Emperor! Death to his Foes! At 300 decibels, straight into the front line of guardsmen.

>Iron warriors
youtube.com/watch?v=l7ghs6p8inY

youtube.com/watch?v=Oz-dbPYUba4
Nothing is better then machines full of spite.
Speaking of machines full of spite
>Iron hands
Basically loyalist iron warriors, and they can just fucking sock a dude down even without power armour on thanks to IRON HAND
that and "the flesh is weak!"

AHHHHH CHAO! PLZ HELP!

honestly this
it's memorable, although for the wrong reasons, and when you take your mind out of the gutter it sounds kind of cool

Imagine if he'd just gone with 'tighten the noose.'

Both "Hydra Dominatus" and "I am Alpharius" are great.

Coolio, see, I adore the Night Lords more for how little humanity they have. A whole legion of murderous psychopaths given superhuman abilities who have cultivated the art of atrocity for centuries, and Chaos Space Marines who worship not gods but nihilism - I think it is a perfect way to round out all the different ways evil can manifest.

The Sally's are pretty much like what you said that plus the draconic motifs are fantastic.

This. The Ahriman trailer for Burning of Prospero was excellent.

>I love the idea of a pious legion, a legion who was not self-centered like the Emperor's Children, wrathful like the World Eaters, or disdainful like the Death Guard, who were the first to fall precisely because they wanted to elevate humanity and really know what was out there.

You mean the Thousand Sons?

What did they mean by this?

>AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

>AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Or failing that, the Jaws theme

Imagine a whole chapter of Space shark/men slowly creeping up to your encampment whispering
Dun Dun
Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun
Dunlydoo!!!!
As they butcher your men while your Captain fires his las gun say 'SMILE YOU SON OF A-"

Aiming for a grenade one of them is chewing on

IRON WITHIN IRON WITHOUT
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE, UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR
COURAGE AND HONOR
are the GOATs

Iron warriors. But fuck Pert. He was an asshole.

I like the Marines Malevolent warcry
>Hate is the surest weapon!

Fuck war cries. Charcharadons know what's up.

I like Iron Fists:

"Prepare to be fisted!"

>all I ever wanted was the Truth

My nigga

PEACE THROUGH SLAUGHTER

>*teleports to your command bridge*
>nothing personal ye milkdrinker

Word Bearers in The First Heretic:
"By your Word."
Blud Rehvens:
"None shall find us wanting."

THE LIES THE LIES THE LIES

Your mother.

We wouldn't be discussing them here.
And didn't he want the battlecry to be memorable?
He got his wish, didn't he?

Word Bearers chanting from the Book of Lorgar. I love the idea of satanic marines chanting satanic verses from their satanic book while doing satanic things for space super satan.

I love the Lamenter's "For those we cherish, we die in glory!" very much, but it's more like a motto. Would sound pretty stupid used as a battle cry, during a charge or something. Still, love it.

The classic "FOR THE EMPEROR!" is always cool.

And of course, "take the knot!", has a very special place in my black, heretical heart.

Babies first Night Lord