/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - Everyone's a Snowflake Edition

Rolled 1, 3 = 4 (2d6)

Celebrity Deathmatch: Independent Characters Sub-Edition

Previous Bread: Summary: Custards got even bigger shoulders, several anons asked for conversion advice, and we wondered what would happen if specific primarchs got in fights with one another.

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

john-french.com/2017/05/alan-bligh-remembered.html
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for being an autistic doesn't excuse dickery (here's to you, Lion).

I am the only HH player in my lgs, and 8º edition is killing me. I´m gonna have to sit my AL for probably more than a year. This is a sad time, guys.

STOP BULLYING SPACE WOLVES.

First for stupid first posts.

Also who here uses attack bikes?

Do they work at all using SM or CSM rules + the FW index? They're marines, after all.

Bring Bligh back from the dead and he'll write you 8th ed. rules. We'll all be grateful, too.

NEVER
For my codex marines I tend to go for Land Speeders or a regular bike squad and while I've considered it for a 30k army between outriders, jetbikes and speeders its a bit of a hurdle for them to overcome the appeal.

I like the idea of them, but especially for me (EC) my Fast Attack slots are pretty much full at all times, and support bikes just don't have the power to merit swapping things out for them.

>Bringing Bligh back from the dead
If only. But he wasn't killed by a daemon's poisoned blade :I
Checked
What do you usually bring as Fast attack?

I'm considering them because I'm running a Chogorian Brotherhood army so outriders and fast attack jetbikes are troops - I'll have enough fast attack slots and need to fill them up to get heavy support slots. I'll take javelins too, but not with multimeltas because they seem best at long range. The attack bikes will get the multimeltas. They're only 3+ to save, but 2W.

It costs a lot of money to make them look like outrider bikes and give them new crew members, so... might need chinaman's help with these guys.

>What do you usually bring as Fast attack?
Sky Hunter jetbikes are great for anti-infantry shooting. Outriders kitted for assault are okay, but they only really shine if multi-bombing is allowed. Javelins and normal Land Speeders are great because they're stupidly cheap.

I don't know why Tarantulas exist...

Storm Eagle, Lightning Primaris, and a squad of Outriders. I'm also trying to get the bits to make a nice squad of Landspeeders, or find a chinese Javelin or three

Silly user you don't "run" Chogorian Brotherhood.
You turboboost them :^)

As far as the army composition goes it looks like a golden opportunity, but model wise you don't need to be as exacting as you seem to be thinking even if you do take steps to make it era-appropriate (i.e. helmet and torso swaps).
>I don't know why Tarantulas exist
For the Iron Warriors and Death Guard to have something to use their FA slots for.

Jesus Christ did Typhus lay a smacked down on Morty.

And I thought Abaddon hated Horus. This takes the cake. Why does Typhon/Typhus hates his gene-father so much?

>ut model wise you don't need to be as exacting as you seem to be thinking
I'm trying to get a lot of Mk II in this army. If people aren't picky though, I'll mix in some occasional Mk III plastic because it's cheaper, and keep the Mk IV arms since there's only one source of Mk II biker arms (40k DA Command set) and they might all be holding swords rather than handlebars. I like Kromlech's Mk II-ish biker legs.

I just want 30k to go 8th now.
This whole 7.5 thing has killed HH for me. I've only ever played the one 30k game (though it was against a (cunt with a) full tank army but still...) and have only used my 30k force for fighting all else.
I don't even a good reaction image for saying >tfw my whole army is obsoleted before 8th starts.

>why does a character in a BL book hate his dad so much?
Are you really asking?

Posting BEST Primarchs.

Primarchs are not for sexual.

Don't talk to me or my grandfather's son ever again.

What the hell is Sanquinius or Fulgrim for then?

Because Morty got to be a Daemon Prince for basically nothing and despite 10k years of devoted service Typhus is still a mortal pleb?

Sacrificing.

One is a fag, the other is for murdering heretics and xenos in all their forms, from phantom titans to non-compliant babies.

1. Killing the entire WE legion single handedly.
2. Saving us from the faggotry that is the Adeptus Restartes for 10k years.

Objectively False.

Is there a better OTP than Curgrim?
rhetorical question, the answer is obviously no

R63 MagRuss.

Alan Bligh was planning on moving HH to 8th ed. as quickly as possible. Then he died. (I assume you've heard.)

I don't know when he was diagnosed, but if it was months ago then it would've been a significant disruption to the relatively small 30k team. It might even explain why Inferno was delayed and still a little sloppy. One of the UK-based 30k podcasts got the impression from Tony Cottrell that the 7th ed. rulebook would be close to a direct copy, far from the 7.5 book we're all hoping for - it's a stopgap measure, a desperate act to buy time.

Be patient.

RIP Punished Bligh

Dantilux is good too.

>Then he died.

Fucking WHAT?!
*reads ADB's post*
Jesus, I was totally looking to weep over little plastic mans today.
F

>Fulgrim prides himself on being the ultimate duelist
>can't even duel a titan

>WS 8

So, once we know how big this thing is, I was planning on converting one to use as a LR Proteus. Now, depending on how big it is, does anyone think the turret could make a for a good Predator turret (without all the missiles and an autocannon barrel of course)?

Because he seems to still not realize the herald of Nurgle is Typhon, not himself. For all chaos-cuckoldry, Calas is right: Mortarion is not a champion, but a trophy.
I like Ku'Gath. He's basically the equivalent of an Archmagos Genetor or Illuminor Szeras, always travelling, looking for the perfect disease.
>Mortarion the Traveler
>Typhus the Traveler
>Ku'Gath the Traveler
I like this "Pilgrim of Ruin" theme

NEEDS MORE DAKKA

New tau unit?

We're discussing fictional couples not canon ones.

Thatd' be Numarines plasma weapons, Cawl-pattern :^)

Is it sad I like it? If it's gonna be oversized and ridiculous might as well go all the way

Any good novels about the Iron Hands that I should read?

Like when Curze tells Fulgrim his secret and then he gossips it around and tells Dorn of all people, so he confronts Curze with all the subtlety of a wall and gets shanked?
Is that your OTP?
Dantioch&Polux, Kalkator&Magneric. Best OTPs.
Do we know of other IW&IF pairings?

Besides the two little nozzles at the bottom I don't see any resemblance. The Imperium had that slitted muzzle first.

Depends on how strict your GW is.They might not allow you to field a lego kit.

Damnation of Pythos is great for understanding the mindset of the Xth post-Isstvan but it's a filler side plot. The novel adds literally nothing to the grander Horus Heresy story.

If you want to see Ferrus the only place is Fulgrim.

>Besides the resemblance I don't see any resemblance
Yes, that is a sentence, user. You know, there's nothing wrong in studying the enemy's work and using it against them. Just don't try and fool me saying you suddenly found a STC of it.

So how out-of-scale are the chads versus the HH boxed sets?

I wouldn't ever really start a 40k Marine army but I'd do a 30k if it wasn't, you know, weedy.

The real problem is that 40k non-chad marines look so damned stupid next to Cadians (let's leave the problematic nature of the Cadian sculpts to the side since they are the primary-existing example of non-augmented humans on the Warhammer field-of-play).

Entire LegionXEntire Legion

Meduson has a scene where an Iron Father actually handles the spiritual guidance side of his job with his captain, which I found pretty cool given that not that many people seem to remember that the role of Iron Father is meant to combine the roles of chaplain and techmarine as opposed to just being a super-techmarine.

Pff of course not. Iron Father means "FnP + Battlesmith + servoarm" upgrade for the Praetor :^)

They're considerably taller and more accurately proportioned to 'real life'. They make normal marines look stupid.

The chads or the MkII/MkIII from the Horus Heresy boxes are considerably taller and more accurately proportioned?

GW HH are exactly the same proportions as normie 40k Marines. FW are ever so slightly taller, and a bit slimmer.

Spehss yiff are for bully

The Chadmarines.
'Normal' marines ie GW plastics and FW resin look squat and weird when placed next to them. The plastics come off the worst as FW tend to have ever so slightly better proportions. But then still look dumb.

New Plaguemarines are taller than normal marines and quite bulky. They are shorter than Chads and honestly look okay.
I haven't seen the newish TS sets next to the Chads or Plagues yet, but they are slightly taller and better proportioned than normal marines to begin with. They will probably look not so bad.

But your traditional plastics look dumpy and dumb. I don't think mixed forces will look good at all.
Which is after all the point. Better replace all your toys kids, gib monies pls.

MkIII marines are still the best looking models IMO. Theres enough comparison photos out if yuo want to see for yourself.

Whats interesting is how large the latest Rubric marines are. I dont remember their being much fuss about that yet they're quite a bit larger then their old models. Funny how much more people care when its turned into a meme.

>FW tend to have ever so slightly better proportions
FW marines also have completely fucked proportions just in the opposite way. They're all 90 pound twiglets.

The terrible Astartes sculpts are why I went mechanicum despite loving Iron Warriors.

Yeah, that's what I assumed you meant.

But, hope being the first step on the road to despair, I had to ask to make sure.

Looks like it's 5+/4+-saves only for me, then.

People commented on the Rubrics being taller than normal marines, but it was largely accepted as Rubrics tend to have straight leg sculpts, plus their crests. Plus, the sorcerers are all either floating or standing on something that raises them.

In hindsight we can see now that this was some cleverish future-proofing.

I must have missed it then but yeah
>In hindsight we can see now that this was some cleverish future-proofing.
This.

>Don't talk to me or my Thousand Sons ever again.

>5' 11" vs. 6' 0"

God, I wish someone had told me going in that Pythos has fuck-all to do with the main meta-plot. I did a marathon catch-up run from (IIRC) somewhere around Unremembered Empire to Master of Mankind; I would've loved to put Damnation on the back burner for a later read.

John French's blog entry is a good read, in addition to ADB's:
john-french.com/2017/05/alan-bligh-remembered.html

That's a good thought. I think it's hideous, but I get that a lot of people don't like the Soviet-style Deimos dome. Size looks about right - not that I can really tell how the Repulsor is scaled.

There are Iron Hands in the Seventh Serpent - not the main stars, but featuring heavily.

Eldar starcannons have similar ammo thingies. I fully approve of making weapons with similar roles in different armies look similar for gaming purposes - I don't know a damned thing about Tau technology but it's nice to be able to assume that it's a plasma-like weapon.

>let's leave the problematic nature of the Cadian sculpts to the side since they are the primary-existing example of non-augmented humans on the Warhammer field-of-play
In 30k it's probably the Sisters of Silence models since everyone who bought BoP has a squad. Can't find a pic of a SoS next to a marine, but this kinda shows the scale creep that's happening...

I wish we had a better drawfag to do pictures of them all.

Okay, there's at least one neat thing about the Repulsor in the Dark Millennium novel - you get the sense that its grav technology isn't as clean and elegant as Eldar or M31 Custodes grav tanks. Or Land Speeders. Those skim, or flit, or gently glide on a cloud of gravitons. The Repulsor transfers its weight pretty directly to whatever's below, crushing everything in its path. It's still advanced, but it's a little crude. That makes me feel better - M31 is still resin master race.

Primarchs are ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY for sexual.

To be fair, the SoS look incredibly proportioned and not squat. I'm happy with some of the fluid design changes we're getting.

>grav technology isn't as clean and elegant as Eldar or M31 Custodes grav tanks. Or Land Speeders. Those skim, or flit, or gently glide on a cloud of gravitons. The Repulsor transfers its weight pretty directly to whatever's below, crushing everything in its path.
Blocky and mean. I like your description a lot, user.

I've created a new mega library that will be updated regularly

mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

please post in next thread

It says it's unavailable.

Does it crush anybody?

Did I guess right?

mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

what about now

Mostly, yeah.

How's this?

Works now.

As long as the Repulsor is actually LR sized I'll be picking one up for conversion work. I'm planning on using a pair of spare Razorback TL-Lascannons for the side sponsons to use the hull as a Proteus (I'm gonna see if I can remove the hull-mounted gun, or put a TL-Heavy Bolter in there). So at the end of the day I'll have the turret as a spare regardless. If it fits, I've got an option for Preds. If it doesn't, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to stick it.

>pic related, probs gonna stick the sponsons where the UM insignia is

If you want it in the next thread, tag it to the damn OP. Bread bakers aren't going to re-sift through the entire thread to find every potential new item.

Hey, question about the plastic Tartaros. Am I supposed to glue the shoulder flap to the body?

Everyone jokes about the NL symbol being batwings, but isn't it actually some scary monster from Nostromo? What was their symbol before Emps found Curze? Like, what did the Terran NL have?

Are you talking about the pad or the shoulder of the arm? Because I glued the pads to the shoulder of the arm after I glued the arm to the body

Nope. It's a fucking terran bat. Probably as extinct as the actual wolves.

Does anyone have a list/namegen for Custodes? What culture do they take names from?

x-posting this in the 40kgen thread.

Chubby/10

When you get to 150+ names, you end up taking stuff from everywhere. It's like those new pokemons.

>he doesn't appreciate THICCmarchs

So, since apparently marines can be upgraded to primaris marines AND a ton of the first batch of them are Heresy vets...... Who is GW gonna bring back into 40k?

I have a few ideas.

Maximum trolling by GW tier: Loken, Tarvitz, SIgismund (somehow escapes Abaddon and makes it to Terra, maybe as one of their dreads with a fuckhuge sword). Sharrowkyn(who of course now has a vendetta against Lucius)

Wouldn't bother me tier: guys like Raldoron or Corswain.

Who else?

Yeah, an Iron Warrior that tries to slip underneath to plant a meltabomb. Gets squished.

There's a difference between thicc and fat. And they are very much on the fat side.

>Terra

Whoops. Meant Mars.

>marines can be upgraded to primaris marines
Where does it say that?

Apparently some of the designers said it during a Q&A livestream but I've never seen any confirmation.

>So, since apparently marines can be upgraded to primaris marines AND a ton of the first batch of them are Heresy vets......
what the fuck are you talking about? What Heresy vets? I thought there weren't any left that haven't been DREADED.

My arms are magnetized, but the pads are also just weird. They look like the could just get glued to the body. If they actually get glued on the shoulder joint, then I'm going to need a lot more shoulders.

Really? Only ones I intended to draw as not-thicc-fat were Pert and Lorgar, and I think I meant for Lorgar to be more of a shortstack?