"A century on from his rebirth, Guilliman had not yet grasped all the events of the ten millennia since he fell...

>"A century on from his rebirth, Guilliman had not yet grasped all the events of the ten millennia since he fell. Belisarius Cawl had provided the primarch with painful but necessary machine-moderated engrammatic updates, but Cawl was a secretive creature, detached from the wider galaxy while he pursued his quest to create the Primaris Space Marines. His records were incomplete, sometimes highly fragmentary, and all of them were short on detail.
Once again, Guilliman had found his own efforts were required to make up for the shortcomings of others.
The discipline of history, like so much else based on reason, had fallen foul of superstition, fanaticism and the High Lords of Terra’s need for iron control. Comparative and corroborative analytical techniques had given way to the recording of gossip, hearsay and folklore. All was liberally mixed with works of complete fabrication. Imperial interference in redacting chronicles, misguidedly or not, had further destroyed much of the past. War had eradicated the histories of entire worlds. Much knowledge had been burned by zealous inquisitors, often in order to suppress a single uncomfortable truth. If anything, the state of man’s knowledge was worse than it was back after the Unification Wars, when the Emperor had unified Terra before the Great Crusade. Much of Terra’s ancient history, painstakingly pieced together by the remembrancers of Guilliman’s own era, had been lost again."

cont.

"Knowledge of the warp’s true nature had been suppressed, but patchily so. The great deception the Emperor had practised had become impossible to sustain, though that had not stopped the Inquisition from trying. Knowledge of daemons or the Dark Gods was forbidden. Many innocents had paid the ultimate price for accidentally learning the truth.
Even Guilliman, the Imperial Regent himself, faced opposition from the Inquisition in his quest for knowledge. To oppose their puritanical redactionism, he had trained his own corps of historitors. Between campaigns, he sought out inquisitive minds, exactly the sort that had long been frowned upon, rescuing them from penal servitude and impending brain wipe. The first handful he had tutored himself, when time allowed. They in turn taught more, and more still. Each one was assessed by the primarch personally. Those that passed were given the rank of historitor-investigatus. Those that failed to meet his exacting standards were given less taxing roles within the new organisation, as librarians, servants and assistants. From his reading, Guilliman had learnt that the brutal machinery of Imperial government was unkind to failures, yet another thing that saddened him about the present age. The primarch had enough blood upon his conscience, and a much finer grasp of how to get the most out of his subjects. No life was wasted."

Noble Dark here we go!

Noble Dark is the best setting.

I liked how the Primaris Marines were portrayed as a kind of throwback to the Marines during the Great Crusade. They joke around with one another and act like regular guys, instead of as martial warriors who are serious all the time.
>That one Primaris Marine who takes pictures while he's falling from the skies so that he can paint the scenes later on
>The Blood Angel Primaris Marine who keeps talking about not wanting to be separated from his friends after he's assigned to a chapter

>No life was wasted.
That alone makes Girlyman the best thing that could've happened to the Imperium.
It sure is good that the Primarch they wake up is the one that is in charge of building empires just as one is collapsing.

Don't worry, they'll have all fun beaten out of them soon enough.

I can't wait for Guilliman to go to some of his brother's "graves". Unless that already happened, but I want to see some Ultra-grief.

Fuck's this pussy shit?

All his brothers who are confirmed dead died before he did. The only thing he'd have to visit is Dorn's Hand. Otherwise he'll just get, "Your Brother will be back™"

I do wonder how many of those people came from the Sisters Dialogus. Considering that sort of thing is their duty, making sure that information is not lost and doing research into the forbidden (Without being dumb enough to use that forbidden knowledge)

You seem to be under the impression that GW remembers the Sisters-anything other than silence exist.

Did He visit Sang's tomb when he went to Baal, at least?

Point taken.

It's just interesting to see a group that basically overlaps with them perfectly (Save that Dialogus also act as translators and diplomats to new worlds)

Maybe, but like I said, Sanguinus' death would not be news to him. He's had a full century to get over Hawk Boy's death before Fulgrim went /r9k/ LAPDOGS GET OUT on him.

Vulcan survived him, and is probably still alive though missing after that whole awful Beast saga.

>New noble dark setting
>At the head of the Imperium will be Guilliman, Russ, The Khan, Vulkan, Corax, and possibly Dorne.

The future is bright brothers.

>can't wait for Guilliman to go to some of his brother's "graves".
>All his brothers who are CONFIRMED DEAD died before he did.
And then you in all of your divine reading comprehension come along with the epitome of "Herpa derpa derp" the post.

Technically not true though. Remember, when told in response to a rumor that Sanguinus was dead, Lady Atia, one of the most reliable rumor mongers in 40k history, reminded us that BL intends to retcon "everything we know" about the final fight.
Seriously, fuck BL's current HH writers with a giant bag of rusty forks though.

Tell me this is a joke.

Jesus Christ...

>Selfies Marines are a thing.
Dose humies are crazy.

>Justinian plummeted. The long, slender shape of the Rudense vanished overhead, becoming a blade of light in the sky surrounded by the starbursts of orbital combat. The ship drew away, trailing a wake of false lightning through the world’s magnetosphere and chased by the stabbing beams of enemy lances. Enemy fighters sped after it, drawing their own lines in the sky. Naval interceptors approached obliquely. They made marvellous patterns about the cruiser.
Justinian fixed the sight in his memory, and ordered his armour to capture a series of images at fifty millisecond intervals. Maybe if he survived this, he would paint the war in space. Justinian liked to paint.

Well they were wasting the grimdarkness anyway. I'm willing to give this a shot.

>Justinian liked to paint.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

JUSTINIAN LIKE PAINT

JUSTINIAN PAINT GOOD

I hate BL prose so much.

Justinian's gaze across the blazing void filled him with thoughts as he contemplated his solemn duty to the Imperium and the returned Primarch. Would he use Russ Grey(tm) to capture the approaching sky, while Naggaroth Night(tm) and Abbadon Black(tm) captured space? The approaching land was a hue of Tallarn Sand(tm) blended with Agrax Earthshade(tm). Soon he would know, and the Caliban Green(tm) grass would be soaked in Blood for the Blood Good(tm)

Hopefully it goes in cycles until the end, staying just GRIMDARK or NOBLEDARK could make it a stale setting with a predictable outcome at the end.

Chaos victory is inevitable, no matter what kind of dark it is.

Sounds about right. I read in the Love can Bloom thread that that story got popular just because the setting was getting really stale. Before my time though, so I don't know for sure.

GrimDark to NobleDark to NobleBright to GrimBright on loop.

Except it comes back to bite them in the ass hard later when 7 wounded soldiers unwillingly end up as sacrifice to summon the 7 best Nurgle legions to Iax, one of the, if not THE, biggest food producer of Ultramar used as a reiage and recovery center, with 7 GUO and Ku'Gath himself leading them.

Because of that "nof life wasted" they'll end up losing a tremendous amount of lives with that, something that wouldn't have happened with the old policy of blamming everyone.

Tyranid victory/necron white peace inevitable you mean. Necron null fields and tyranids beating everyone else.

Calling it now, sanguinius doesn't die, he just ascends or his soul splits in 2. One part manifests as the black rage, the other manifests as the sanguinor

>Before smashing the traitor's skull in with a brick, Justinian remembered to always paint in layers.

>Justinian noted how viscous the globs of brain matter spewing from the Chaos Space Marine's fractured cranium were as they splattered through the air to land on his power armor in flecks.
>"Ah, yes," Justinian mused to himself. "Two thin coats." He brought the brick down for a second time.

>modern journalists are now bloggers
>modern writers are now edgy teens writing their first essay

why is the world becoming such a joke? i feel the left is to blame for this somehow

I dunno if the left is to blame per se, but there's no doubt human civilization has become a train wreck, and pretty much at this point the comedic kind of train wreck.

Isn't there some saying about how everyone feels this way about their respective era?

yeah all those old people from destroyed civilizations talking about how the young people are destroying their civilization right before their civilization is destroyed by the young people

fucking idiot old peopleLOL

How would you anons write it then?

That isn't why the soldiers were spared. They were sent to a hospital world because there simply weren't enough of them to waste leaving to die. Moreover, Guidoman returns and beats Morty the fuck out anyway

me? i would rip off starship troopers and dune mostly like 40k used to do when it wasnt shit

this is a case of young talentless hack faggot "writers" trying to write their own story/style to make a "mark". unfortunately for us they suck dick

as for making fun of the painting shit. its just totally unnecessary/doesnt fit and comes through as way too tryhard

just off the top of my head, do androids dream of electric sheep did a great job of having the badass mc be a badass all the time but have his mind constantly wonder to thoughts of buying a new pet and wondering how much every pet he sees throughout his adventure costs. so i would pretty much copy that word for word, just changing enough for it to be some Black Library Writing™

also start lore threads on 4chinz and steal ideas like pic related

The brevity of the prose in the line you quoted is meant to highlight a purity and simplicity in the Marines mentality. He doesn't paint because he's tortured, vain and obsessed, or wants to be lauded as an artist. He just likes to paint. You never heard of a gentle giant nigga?

I'm not interested in your preferences. I asked how would you write it. Try it. If it is so shitty, it shouldn't be hard to do better.

"Show, don't tell" is literally the first thing you learn about writing fiction. If he had been painting in the Fortress-Monastery or whatever when he was introduced, that would be believable, even well-done. "Justinian liek teh paint" is trash, even for children.

im not getting paid to vomit up try hard shit. pay me as much as a BL writer and i will though

i think my method would work just fine too

>Originality is undetected plagiarism

Guys

Space marines are recruited when they're late teens/young adults

What about Primaris? Were they all cloned and educated from birth? If not; were they recruited in secret and then made into primaris before the indomitus crusade?

>two thin coats

It's the same process, just with more organs. The protag from the new Primaris novel was a young boy who wanted to join the Ultramarines legion before getting Primaris'd and put on ice.

They were on ice for 10,000?

Apparently. Guilliman was on ice for over 9000 so why is that surprising.

Main Primaris character is no shit thousands of years old. They would apparently in freeze them throughout the years for lols

>NobleBright
>In the grimdarkness of the far future, there is only HIGH ADVENTURE
And don't forget the constant elf-fucking.

Because they made a super army

and then froze it for 10k years

Why not use the army in the first place?

Have you not read or paid attention to any of the lore at all? The whole point of Cawl resurrecting Guilliman was to get permission to release them.

If you're going to not pay attention this hard, don't ask questions.

I like this. Blood angels are known to be artists and Gorillamon wanted his marines to be more than warriors. And plenty of people can be awed at pictures from orbit or an orbital insertion.

Horus isn't dead technically. Abbaddon was pregnant at the time of Horus' death, carrying HIS BABY. AND HORUS DIDN'T STRIKE DOWN THE EMPEROR, HE SWITCHED BODIES AND KILLED THE EMPEROR! MFW HORUS IS CORPSE GOD

40K was basically the last refuge and now we don't even have that anymore.

Tigurius was mentioned painting shit but he is high officer not chump marine.

>Only reads news from blogs.
>MODERN JOURNALISTS ARE ALL BLOGGERS REEEEEEEEE
>Only reads books about 40k.
>MODERN WRITERS ARE ALL SHIT REEEEEEEE

Put your handbag away Deidre

That's fair. I don't know much about the military. (Can't join because of busted hearing) :( but it seems like enlisted soldiers get some time to themselves when on base or in transit. Or is that only for elite guys like navy seals or officers?

>but it seems like enlisted soldiers get some time to themselves when on base

Hohoho, let me enlighten you my dear civilian, you have tons of free time in the military, but rarely will you be doing something enjoyable during that time.

honey, i think you missed the point sweety

YALL NIGGAS IS GAY

Maybe if they stopped crying wolf about every generation people would have taken them seriously.

You're oversimplifying it.
I can't find it, but it's basically a compilation of old people saying exactly the same shit throughout 2k years, starting with the old greeks, blaming thr youngsters for being lazy twats and such.

Old people and young people will always be opposed, no matter what. It's not a vase of the EVUL LEFTISTS or whatever.

IDK, I sort of like the slightly more hopeful angle for the world they're going for. The writing hasn't gotten any better, by any means, but it was never that good to begin with. The HURRR-DURRR EVERYONE DOOOOOOMED BLAM BLAM BLAM worked for me when I was a kid, but, despite the still BL-tier writing, feels a little more.... adult (as opposed to what an angsty 14 year old THINKS is adult.)

I still do have issues with someone who literally is old enough to remember The Emperor's original vision, and educated/smart/not-drug-enduced-dreadnaught-brain enough to understand how the Imperium has become twisted into its literal opposite is AOK with getting on board with the twisted parody. The vision of RG as desperately trying to change it from the inside, but running into problems both from Chaos and the internal bureaucracy of the Imperium makes it a little more believable.

Enlighten me.

>Guilliman is one of the top 2 super duper smartest primarchs
>spends 100 years trying to understand the 40k setting
>still fails
This is actually GW saying
>guys stop taking the setting seriously

Must be surreal for them to wake up 10k years later.
>Felix’s face set as gravely as a memorial stone. Bjarni’s face froze.
‘Brother?’
‘I…’ He held out a script of parchment with Bjarni’s name and number upon it. This was hard, but a leader could not shy away from the most difficult of tasks. ‘I am sorry, Bjarni. I know how much returning to Fenris meant to you.’
Bjarni’s skin had gone white. His faded tattoos stood out clearly on his cheek bones as he reached for the order scrip with shaking hands.
‘Very few of you will be going to your home worlds,’ said Felix. ‘I am sorry. I remember how we all spoke of serving with the founding Chapters.’
‘It is easy for you to say,’ said Bjarni. ‘Who by the ice jotun are the Wolfspear?’
‘They are a new Chapter, brother,’ said Felix. ‘The remainder of the sons of Russ are to remain here, at Raukos. You are to guard the Pit.’

BITTER, LEFT BEHIND, BJARNI FELL-HANDED INCOMING

Cont'd. Skipped some of the other primarines. Kinda feeling it for Bjarni.
>‘This is troubling, Brother Felix,’ Bjarni said thoughtfully. He was quick to rage and quick to laugh, but Bjarni had a deeper side that he hid most of the time. ‘I yearned to return to Fenris and fight alongside the Rout. Can I ever truly call myself a son of Russ if I do not?’
The last of the Primaris Space Marines were filtering into the room, exchanging quick whispers to update the newcomers. Felix handed the remainder of the scrips to Sarkis, who handed them out.
‘There are many Primaris Space Marines wearing the livery of the Vlka Fenryka, brother,’ said Felix. ‘You will be welcomed by them, even if Russ’ warrior-sons of the older breed remain aloof. And you will always be welcomed by me.’
‘How will the lords of ice take it, though? Will I be forever lost without a home, brotherless, unable to return to Fenris?’

>Kinda feeling it for Bjarni.

His name is literally "Barney". What a dumb name.

I didn't get why he was so disappointed until I realized he must have been a Fenrisian before being recruited. It's like a Cadian recruit finding out about Cadia.

>Tyranid victory/necron white peace inevitable you mean. Necron null fields and tyranids beating everyone else.
>Ork victory inevitable you mean.
FTFY.
Seriously nid players, come back and talk shit about how you're the 'inevitable outcome' of the setting AFTER your faction finds a way to eat your vegetables.

Chaos dragging the galaxy into the Warp is more likely than nids devouring it first.

>but running into problems both from Chaos
Uhm, about that... there's a rumor I've seen floating around that Guilliman might be making a pact with a certain Dark God obsessed with skulls and blood in order to drive a particular green-skinned xenos menace from a major Imperial world.

I think running into problems with the Imperium's internal bureaucracy will be the LEAST of his problems if that rumor turns out to be true.

>three decades of fox news turning all conservative media into a glorified fat pipe of shit

The AP, Reuters, and BBC are still ok. I recommend getting the fuck off infowars. Also, killing yourself.

But what do you actually do during all the "hurry up and wait"? Are people allowed to carry a book?

yeah because fuck it if the world really is getting screwed up. whats important is that you get to sit the fence and declare yourself superior to everyone else. consider the other side of the coin, the world is a fucked up place and everyone is just trying to keep it running. i pointed out in the first post but maybe you didnt get the joke, all those civilizations with complaining old people did actually end up getting fucked.

also consider that people for the most part have universal wants and desires (food/safety/ability to purchase shit/shelter/etc). its not like grumpy old men are thinking up new crazy shit to be angry about

The vast majority of increased household value in the US since the financial crisis went to households over age 45, which is unprecedented in history (since you are supposed to accrue the majority of your wealth while working).

The vast majority of government expenditures are currently funded through social security, corporate or payroll taxes, all of which disproportionately reduce the income of those under 45 (people actively working with regular incomes).

So. The vast majority of increased income (as a by product of the recovery of the housing market and stock markets) have gone to those who already had wealth and who no longer need to work while the burden of maintaining the state rests on those who are being more and more squeezed by automation and the need to pay disproportionate amounts to prop up a ludicrous private health system that spends almost all of its money keeping that same over 45 population alive.

The US is fucked up because the Boomer generation in the US is a bunch of lazy, entitled, racist, pricks. The world at large is fucked up because that same generation fucked it over for decades during the cold war and is now reflexively terrified of everything because they're old and stupid so they keep spending the younger generations money bombing things on the other side of the planet.

Fuck the elderly in this country.

>Love can Bloom
Newfag question: Can a Inquisitor get away with telling a humillated Grey Knight that he failed the Emprah and get away with it?

>old people wreck economy
>"Why aren't you young'uns employed? Back when I was your age...."

>Old people fill government with people who think government doesn't work and are out to prove themselves right
>"You need to take loans to get through college? Back when I was your age I put myself through CalTech with a summer of construction work!"

>Old people ruin housing market
>"Why are you living with your family? You should buy a house, settle down, start a family!"

etc

he should become a grey knight so he can paint in Sister Red

>"Pardon me, Justinian, but who is that in the pict in your quarters?"
>L-lord Guilliman, it is merely the Saint Duncan. The sisters of the Adepta Sororitas tell me he is the patron saint of painting.
>"Of... painting?"
>I like to paint.

>Noble Dark is the best setting.
40k's been relentlessly atonally grimdark for what 30+ years now? Changing things up for a bit won't hurt.

>sweety

No amount of actual ad hominem is going to fix the fact that you're a pseudo-intellectual fuccboi who got told.

Well except that in this case the baby boomers actually destroyed everything.

>makes good points
>ruins argument by invoking "muh racism"
Fuck the boomers and fuck the niggers.

GET THIS SHIT OUT OF OUR THREAD REEEEEEEEEE!!!!! FUCK OLD PEOPLE FUCK YOUNG PEOPLE I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT PLASTIC MEN

Old people aren't a race

FUCK OLD MARINES ALL THEY DO IS WASTE WARGEAR AND LIVES THAT WE PRIMARIS HAVE TO CLEAN UP

THEN THEY HAVE THE GALL TO SAY US "NEW MARINES" ARE TOO YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED AND THAT WE'RE NOT THE SAME AS THEM

Consider that in my country, one third of the GDP goes directly to the elderly trough state pensions and public health expenditure, not even taking the housing market or other investments like that into account. The average state pension is higher than the minimum wage (1100€ a month). And they have the gait to ask for more of course.

Kill all old people

You do realize Chaos victory was echieved ten thousand years ago. Emperor himself said Chaos won. Chaos destroyed the dream of the prosperous empire of reason and brough to life anightmire of what Imperium had become. For ten thousand years gods fed traitor with exactly enough power to keep the Imperium on the edge of collapse so it would have no resources or time left to spare for fixing itself rather than fighting external threats.

The world has been ending since the day it began.

>MUH CHIVALRY
>MUH KNIGHTLY PLATE
>MUH LANCES
>FUCKIN DANDY FOPS

Little did they know, the rapier was the ultimate 1v1 anti-personnel weapon up to that point of history.

He fails because he don't have anything to understand - most of the history is redacted or lost. He could extrapolate to fill the gaps, but it reached the point when history is 80% gaps so it would not work. Guilliman is not good at psychology - he's an analytic, and he need some solid date as a solid ground for his analysis.

Actually that was a pistol.

I'm sure they were extolling the virtues represented (and contrasting the vices) rather than the specific armaments.

I don't see a problem with this, stop getting your panties in a bunch guys. Marines are not all about fighting, both art, songs and poems are part of being a great warrior.