What's the best system to play as a spider (or other small animals)?

What's the best system to play as a spider (or other small animals)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UqOUxzxpR9Y
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45812664/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45844874/
docs.google.com/document/d/1pAduIU7TDaKHvvaUfzRbgYj44TX_hApLeNeVu2d5bbM/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you considered Mouseguard?

FATE?

Why do special snowflakes want to play obvious NPC's. Its bad enough with vampires and shit but how would you even roleplay a spider?

Check out the Anasasi book from oWoD

Even if you dont like the system, or want to play a shifter there's a fuckton of spider lore from all sorts of cultures. Would certainly give you some ideas

Mouse Guard, for mice that is

Could someone please tell me how you roleplay as mindless animals apart from making them into literal furries?

Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=UqOUxzxpR9Y

>not being creative

>arachnophobe
>find op picture cute

I think I'm cured

Its not about being creative, being an animal is trying to locate, food, a place to sleep and a female to fuck. Nothing else.

Happy to hear that. Spiders are cute.

It's possible, like here: if you have human characters moving the plot.

Also you don't need to turn them into furries, you can just 'humanize' them a little like pic related.

burning wheel has a race of sentient spider people with their own special web based abilities and different castes and societies.

Maybe a houseruled version of Bunnies and Burrows?

It's literally only jumping spiders that are cute. Every other spider is a horrifying abomination.

Where is the faggot frog?

Cricket of the Time Square

It's kind of sad that people like you are so terrified, so petrified of being accused of being a furry, that the idea of a Watership Down style campaign were a group of arachnids must save the local park from invading rats provokes scathing denials and refutations. You're denying yourself fun because you're scared someone might laugh at you, newsflash the normies are already laughing at us for playing tabletop games and have been for decades

Sounds like a standard adventure, or being a bard.

My elf/spider needs to
>secure food and survival needs
>kill all threatening enemies
>avoid weather and disease
>fuck and not get killed for it

>spider

not crab for amazing coast/ocean adventures

Crabs are evil.

Also too OP pls nerf.

>have no fear of spiders in real life
>have constantly spider dream
Wonder what Freud would have said in his anaysis about me.

>"Spiders weave a web -- a beautiful, intricate trap to catch it's prey," says Richmond. "As such, spiders are associated with manipulation. Depending on the rest of the dream, the spider may indicate that the dreamer is being manipulated or that the dreamer is the manipulator."

But it's more a nightmare for me, because for all I like spiders in real life, in my dream the fear is turned up to eleven.

GURPS

GURPS: Household bugs and GURPS: Arachnids

>GURPS: Arachnids
There's a 50% chance that this is an actual book.

Yeah, cause either there is one, or there isn't. (0+1)/2 equals 50%.

Oh GURPS players!

Here let me do a joke only GURPS players will get.
Non-gurps players

Go away, made HFY thread or something and stay there

Saved.

>Lycosidae
>A silent by the example leader, not afraid to get his hands dirty. Kids love him.

You need more detail than "spiders?" Because that's going to influence what system works best for the game you're going for.

Or just grab generic system of choice and reword things as needed.

Some tarantulas are pretty cool. Reading about them is how I managed to get my arachnophobia down to manageable levels.

Fuck wolf spiders and fast-moving ones that come near my bed though. I can tolerate web weavers that give me some room.

FATE is abstracted enough that you could play small animals without much if any modification of the system.

Would you not follow him?
Can't you see those eyes are looking for a better tomorrow?
Vote Wolf Lyco!

Wasn't there a bug world setting ages ago? I think it had a whole section on spiders.

Yeah:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45812664/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45844874/

d20 modern

This has everything more condensed
docs.google.com/document/d/1pAduIU7TDaKHvvaUfzRbgYj44TX_hApLeNeVu2d5bbM/edit?usp=sharing

IS that a fucking mudcrab?

Freud? probably that you wanted the tie your mother up and fuck her and that it's a nightmare would mean you're running away from these feelings.

This is great

Now if only I had a group to run a discount version of pic related with.

I've been wanting to play that ever since I got my hands on it. Discount Hollow Knight would be amazing.

I fucking hate this board. Why are you trying so hard to make spiders look cute? Why are you succeeding?

>"B-b-bbut....we're sorry..."

Because the whole "you should kill every spider with fire" is a stupid meme. There are things out there that are far, FAR, worse than spiders. Things that spiders will eat for you.

Spiders make great bards. They can restring their own instruments on the fly, they're really good dancers. And lets face it, if you can make camp with a giant spider, nothing in the dungeon is going to faze you.

I remember a thread with bardachnid using specially moulted skin as instruments.

Ah I knew I had copy it somewhere.
> They use the moulted skin as instruments. Music plays an important role in spider society.
> Their webs make for amazing harps and the moulted skin hardens and make for great drums.
> Some spiderfolk are chosen as bardachnid and sent out into the world to share their music with it. Some cities sent their bardachnids with stories of mysterious cities filled with treasure to lure people into their cities as a food source. Some spidercommunities aren't as malevolent however and befriend other kin. It's a great honor to receive a moultdrum and when a spiderbard dies it partially moults a final time and transforms itself into a living instrument. It's final spasms create a most sublime, yet disturbing melody that often haunts those witnessing this event for the rest of their lives. After the bard has died and the final note has played, the body is gifted to the closest friend. After a week of mourning, this friend is supposed to end this period by playing the harmonic husk, celebrating the deceased's life. Then a day and a night of feasting commences.

No way around it, this has to be posted now.

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

[Angry silent noise]

Here's best boy.

Last one I have.

Carrier has arrived

GURPS is best

Werewolf Apocalypse

But spiders are solitary predators, how are you going to interact with a group?
Unless... unless you're one of those social spiders. But then you will need more players!
Or maybe each player play a swarm?

> Your party and the rival party arrive at the macguffin holding room at the same time
> You must reach it first!
> But a titanic spider too strong for either of your group has made it's web there and is staying totally immobile above the room
> You have to walk past it without triggering its web, sentence is immediate

>Goblin spiders
Now I know what I'm using in my next rpg.

they literally just told you it's symbolic and not about literal spiders

>Mouseguard

Yeah, pretty much this, will need some finagling though, to make your own abilities and skills. It runs on a Burning Wheel Variant, btw, and the game itself is..low tech mouse jedi, basically.

Anyways, if you want more crunchy the guys who were talking about GURPS are right on, but that's going to take GM effort out the nose.

I planing to use a goblin spider as a Yoda personally.

Burning Wheel itself actually offers Giant Spiders as a fully playable race in the Monster Burner. They come in a variety of flavours from web-spinners straight outta Mirkwood to sea spiders hunting beneath the waves with and vary in size from dog to horse-sized monsters with iron hard chitin. There is a lot of flavour there and some really cool concepts.

Sadly they were cut from the Codex which updated a lot of old material for the current edition, but it's trivial to make them compatible with Gold.

I love posting this one.

There has been several.

This is fantastic. I love this.

> Dude! Let me out! I'm pest control!
> Don't you believe in pest control?

>play as a spider
>gm throws tarantula hawks at you

Find a nice home!

Not technically spider, but use your imagination

Have a gif.

>nope.jpg

Bugworld inspired me to start a system for playing DnD with bugs. D10 dicepools, weapons made of bone or crystal, magic performed by taking power from bigger things you don't fully understand (wolf fangs, frog tongues, elementals' cores). I need to finish spell rules.