sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
Dwarf martials or half-orc martials. Which do you prefer? Which are superior? Why do you feel that way?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDJNE93
amazon.com/gp/product/B00UNNRFOI
amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IFIM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=TTXr9RzXE_U
youtube.com/watch?v=rYmsjocHajI
youtube.com/watch?v=oCEI0-Yrp1c
youtube.com/watch?v=m5UX38J1UoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck you phil

Best Paladin oath, what does /5eg/ prefer.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDJNE93
amazon.com/gp/product/B00UNNRFOI
amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IFIM

Rate my order that's coming in tomorrow.

>Dwarf martials or half-orc martials. Which do you prefer? Which are superior? Why do you feel that way?
Half Orc for sure the racials are so cool and fun

ive actually been dming for 4 years straight, never played a character during that time
used to only play half orcs
idk if I will again though, sort of a relic of the past...

Why are Beholders so fucking cool? Volo's really made me love those flying eyeball bastards.

Also how cool would a Beholder patron be for a Warlock?

Depends on the character really.

Ancients is best mechanics but shittiest fluff
Devotion is best fluff but shittiest mechanics

Oath of Ancients is the best in the PHB. Vengeance is pretty good too. Devotion is the classic paladin and while it isn't BAD it also isn't great in comparison to the other two.

That said, taking literally any Paladin archtype is fine. They're all pretty decent, even the worst one.

This tbhfam.

what the fuck is with this white guy in the OP? haven't you had enough of that for as long as the internet has existed?

Personally I like Oath of Ancients for fluff and crunch. Although Devotion is high up there and haven't had much experience with the UA ones so don't have too much of an opinion on them.

tfw finally have a player willing to DM so I can run an OoA styled after the three musketeers, rapier and all.

>Dwarf martials or half-orc martials. Which do you prefer? Which are superior? Why do you feel that way?
Half-orc because it's easier to sound dumb than attempt a scottish accent.

Pretty sure my GM will force me to use the latest UA, and he keeps himself up to date on those. Is the latest College of Swords not good?

Not familiar with Satire or Whisper.

I am a GOOlock, if it matters.

How do you handle towns, /5eg/?
Do you just hand your players a list of what's buyable, a few locations, and tell them to go at it? Do you go for a more realistic approach, with them actually exploring it?

I know this feeling all too well....

because there is beauty within them.

check out the options on 5etools in the OP. College of swords went from having a neat effect once per turn, to limiting its use to your bardic inspiration die.

They have to explore the town. Sometimes I have them roll for finding a specific item, seller, or trader if they're looking for something rare.

With merchants I roll a 1d20 to determine their personality. The higher I roll towards a 20 the nicer and more forgiving/deal-friendly they are, and the closer they roll to a 1 the less friendly and more standoffish they are. Hitting a nat 20 might make me play them as a total scrub of a merchant who gives the players something nice for free or sells a really rare item for peanuts, whereas a nat 1 will be a scumlord merchant selling bread for 10 gp and ripping off his customers (but he always has at least 1 fair item that the party could use, if they manage to barter proper for it).

>accents
plz stop

>Half-orc because it's easier to sound dumb than attempt a scottish accent.

>not doing the superior Mexican accent for dwarves
Orale vatos! We need to get to el fiesta before el Rey is assasseenated!

Beholder patron would be fabulous

Okay

fantasy grounds or roll20

>Also how cool would a Beholder patron be for a Warlock?
completely retarded seeing as how not just anything can bestow power or would be willing to do so
fucking hell can we stop deconstructing everything?

I always assumed chugging a potion was an object interaction, but so was taking one out of your bag. So if you wanted to pull out a potion and drink it it costs a turn, but if you had a free hand you could pull it out of your pouch for free and one turn, and drink it for free on the next

The potion homebrew just fixes the action economy being a complete slog that actively hurts players than helps. There is a large reason why healing word is waaaaaaaay better than cure wounds in combat. If a rogue happens to be in the party give them a buff elsewhere.

Going to be playing revised ranger level 3 I already picked the panther as pet option. My only issue is what weapon do I use for myself? We already have 2 range options in our party and I am not sure what Martial options would be the best.

>fixes the action economy being a complete slog
I don't see how. Telling a player they can do X for their bonus action, Y for their main action, and Z for their "free action along with movement" is what bogs shit down. If you keep drinking a potion as an action they know what they have to do for their turn, and not "ok, I drank it as a bonus and now I'm going to waste 5 minutes thinking about my regular action." If you chug, your turn's over. Boom, that took all of ten seconds to decide.

Dueling.
That flat +2 to onehanded damage is great.

The DMG has a table on page 282 of various racial modifiers and such.

The NPCs in the back of the MM and Volo's book are pretty much designed to be used with that, so they can represent members of any race. Kobold pirates? Just take the bandit/pirate statblock and add the kobold features and stat mods.

>Venomous Words
Fuck, this sounds perfect for my GOOlock. And a mini-smite with poison damage isn't bad either.

Yeah I am probably going with Whispers.

Satire looks troll as fuck, tumbling around going at Sanic levels of speed. Whispers sounds more appropriate though.

What would happen if I gave a rogue a magic item that gives him TWO bonus actions?

Oath of Vengeance pallies not played like scarlet crusaders/batmen are my fetish.

So use a rapier yeah seems fair. I guess a shield for off hand not much you can do with a free hand in this system.

More in the sense that you are making combat take longer than it needs to and it puts players in scenarios where rather than dealing with the threat they are wasting turns healing for meager amounts that are going to get burned anyway. If you are having issues with people remembering what they can do it's on them. Relegating potions only to bonus actions isn't difficult, time consuming or complicated.

Half-Orc racials actually complement martial classes while Dwarven racials are mostly redundant.

Are you allowed to multiclass?
Cause if you are after lvl 4 switch over to Monk and pick up Kensai.

Keep using Dueling with a Whip as a Monk weapon.

Could be a specific and powerful Beholder, like Gzemnid.

He's occasionally been deified, he's prepared to bargain and parley, and he'd probably be willing to give some powers in exchange for the Warlock to pass on powerful magical items to him.

And he'd probably grant a Gazer as a familiar for chainlocks.

Unless you have at least two others in melee, or maybe just one since you have an animal companion, it's probably be better to stay at range rather than to be the one guy who sticks their neck out in melee.

How closely are magic and science related in your setting / dnd in general? Like even if there are schools for wizards, do they study physics and chemistry and are those actually related to the magic they use?

If magic is real then it's a science.

Is it just me, or is Paladin of Redemption kinda stupid?

Take a Finesse weapon. Bump Dex to 20.

Take the Mariner fighting style.

Enjoy 22 AC, no armour, no shield.

Oh, and you have access to shield.

This hardly seems balanced.

>Bladesigner

>Boost Int and Dex to 20

>Mage armor

Enjoy 23 AC no armor

Oh, and they have access to shield and absorb elements and every other fucking spell in the world.

Booming Blade worth it on a Hexblade?

We rolled stats and I got an 18 for my CHA, and since I wanted to play a Yuan-Ti pureblood, I've got 20 CHA at level 1.

I like vengeance if they're played well. On the note of paladins I'm thinking of making a paladin/ warlock OoA/ Archfey character. How many levels of each should I take and which pact for warlock?

>Enjoy 23 AC no armorOh, and they have access to shield and absorb elements and every other fucking spell in the world.
Also only useable for a limited period of time, twice a day. And needs to be activated.

Compared to an always on 22AC. Even while asleep.

So I've been thinking that neither a Pact Boon nor a Patron make sense for a melee warlock (boon because those are mostly utility, patron because that means you can't have melee warlocks with interesting patrons). So I made this thing based on some discussions from Veeky Forums a few days back.
Thoughts?

Hello friends. I like using ambient background music for my sessions and I need one for a very Latin villain. I prefer video game or movie osts. Any ideas?

Cry more, autist. It's a fantasy pnp game.

A couple people from the last thread said that the smite and improved weapon invocations are trash. I asked my DM if he's allow the UA and he said the ghost sight and ice tomb are OP.

What are your thoughts and how would you fix them?

>Even while asleep.
AC is a combat abstraction, and proper use of armor (especially shields) requires conscious action. When targeting sleeping targets, nothing prevents an attacker from taking their time finding the best place to stab.

Different user: "but muh fantasy" is not a good enough response. Not everything can be a warlock patron, not everything can be a cleric deity, etc.

Don't you need to use a Simple bludgeoning weapon for the other features to work?
And also I believe they lose their armored bonus if they use a shield.

It's odd it isn't something like 11+dex+charisma. No one needs 20 AC at level 1

OoA hands down

How would you make WoT4E monk viable only using the PHB version and not any homebrew crap?

Shameless repost from last thread.

After spending countless days and hours working on a homebrew fix to various things I have decided to say fuck it and play completely vanilla.

How did realizing that it just isn't worth it improve your games, /5eg/?

Green Flame Blade on a Bladelock.

Is it a waste, or is it a good early game tool?

That's my thought as well. Considering they are the "let's talk about it" Paladin, charisma would make sense.

But instead they just made it 16+dex

Oathbreaker is most fun to play. I'm a faggot and convinced my DM to let me play a neutral oathbreakers that broke their oath to Tiamat. It was great.

/5eg/, which Paladin oath do you think is the closest to a lawful evil blackguard? Oath of Conquest seems closest, but focuses on war rather than acquiring power. Oath of Treachery and the Oathbreaker rub me wrong since they have nothing to do with being a lawful alignment.

Hard mode: Gimme a tenet of what you think a blackguard oath would have.

I think Oath of Vengeance is my favorite, although the Oath of Conquest is pretty awesome, at least fluff-wise.

We'd get along user.

>published content has had hundreds of hours of development from dedicated game design teams and thousands of hours of player testing
>being arrogant enough to think the crap you come up with in a couple of hours and don't playtest would be better

Sort of obvious really

anybody here play through Storm king's thunder? what's wrong with it and what can we do to fix it?

Drinking a potion once is a free action

There I fixed your precious niche of a niche

I want to play a calmly and level-headed berserker. Which is to say, someone who's found peace but can channel their emotional trance to unleash their rage - not necessarily a monk, but something along the lines of a monk. A berserker that doesn't constantly act like he's in anger management class, that is. I can roleplay that just fine, but I can't explain the bursts of rage without it sounding autistic.

Any suggestions?

Your issue is that you were trying to fix things that weren't all that broken.
Homebrew should be about interesting options, not changes to core mechanics that (Wot4E and Beastmaster aside) were pretty solid to being with.

I like it, but i feel it makes the warlock even more frontloaded and causes even more multiclassing issues.

>the DM doesn't make them doff and don their armour
>the DM doesn't give a circumstance bonus to attacking sleeping targets such as an autocrit and instant death on failed save

WEW

berserk rage = battle trance

>It's a fantasy pnp game.
cool story bro.
pnp games still have standards, come at me with your tactical nihilism, I dare you.

>Different user: "but muh fantasy" is not a good enough response. Not everything can be a warlock patron, not everything can be a cleric deity, etc.

considering none of this exists, yes it can
if i tell you that beholders are good aliens that help orphaned children and that vampires suck dick for power, then you're gonna accept that shit or you can get out of my table

I would take it.

>15:09:03
>come at me with your tactical nihilism
>15:09:15
>considering none of this exists, yes it can
wew
this user right here! predicting the future

>dedicated game design teams
Wizards doesn't dedicate enough resources to D&D to have "teams" of anything. The playtests weren't done by some elder race of all-knowing demigods, they were regular people. And coming up with something better than shit like Wot4E monk, original bladelock, PHB ranger or wild magic sorcerer is not a very high bar

I suppose I can see that; it can be used as a two-level dip to add charisma damage and shoves to melee attacks.
I hadn't actually considered that, because my group doesn't do much multiclassing; do you have any suggestions?
How about damage scaling on the weapon (a la Martial Arts)?

>white male protagonist

Patriarchal Heteronornative Cis scum detected

>Changing the meaning of words halfway through an argument
Nice logical fallacy, friend. When the original comment said "beholders as patrons," the only reasonable assumption was that it meant beholders as they are presented in the default setting.
If you want to change your beholders and make them powerful aliens, that's absolutely your prerogative. But you should specify that BEFORE saying they are now warlock patrons.

Scots aren't white

>Patriarchal

>how cool would it be that [thing] could do [stuff it can't do]
>>ya but [thing] can't do that

alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright

How would you balance a playtest-style fighter against the current one, which has multiattack?

I would change Eldritch Warrior to level 2 and Invocations to level 5, removing Agonizing Blast from the list and giving it for free at both the Marksman and Vanguard at 7 instead.
The Martial Arts thing could work too i guess.

>that's absolutely not anywhere near canon
there are reasonable expectations of classes in the books, especially older books. These have been defined already and I really hope you understand why having a clear definition of a noun is an important thing.
I also hope you understand that straying too far away from the written material makes it no longer dungeons and dragons.

Fuck your standards.

If there's a homebrew Beholder patron at the table, you either shut up or get gone. If it's official, you don't use it or you fucking deal with it.

This isn't a safe space for your precious sensibilities faggot, this is D&D. A fantasy kitchen sink where things are added on a whim.

Treachery.
>muh nova
>muh muh advantage dpr
>muh stealth
>muh haste

Between a Bladesinger, a Bladelock and a Valor bard, which one makes the best Frontline damage dealer?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=TTXr9RzXE_U
youtube.com/watch?v=rYmsjocHajI
youtube.com/watch?v=oCEI0-Yrp1c
youtube.com/watch?v=m5UX38J1UoU

So instead of focusing on how 5e doesn't have any real splatbooks, can you guys name any good ones from earlier editions?

Stuff like the Tome of Magic, Draconomicon, etc. I started GMing with 5e and I'm looking for resources

>If there's a homebrew Beholder patron at the table, you either shut up or get gone
not if I'm dm'ing
and I always dm and Ill tell them what I tell everyone who brings retarded furry tier bullshit to my game

No.

I'm running a sandbox campaign that features a number of "main quest"-type stories that the players may or may not ever encounter, pursue, or care about. Depending on the party's inclinations, the villains (who are all bad dudes) might actually get along with them and rope them into fucking over everyone else, essentially bringing the party on board Team Evil.

There's a ... thing ... whose influence is spreading hundreds of miles away and creeping towards some critical mass, at which point it will suddenly begin to ruin everyone's day in earnest. Its existence and location is the biggest mystery of the setting (except perhaps its origin), but its awakening would be truly apocalyptic in scale.

There is also a thing related to the origin of the Main Thing, but it's alone and only a threat if disturbed. A relic of the past, something like an inert mine; it's harmless as long as no one steps on it, and then only that guy gets blown up.

Somewhat related to that first thing is a General who split off from the losing side of the civil war that has unknowingly coopted its psychic powers and is creating a second, separate collective with him at the head. He's carved out a little section of the continent way beyond the rest of civilization and is doing his own thing there with his loyal minions. They're the closest thing to main setting badguys, because they're real assholes to everyone. They get up to some really spooky shit using their psychic powers.

The losing faction of that civil war, aside from the General who split off and, wasn't absorbed in whole by the victorious nation. They made a big retreat as the armies of the world closed in on them and utilized a bunch of artifacts they'd been looting (which was why they thought they could win a civil war in the first place) to cover their asses. Now they're on an island biding their time, rebuilding, figuring out how to do more cool shit with the artifacts, and no one can really get near them.

Half-orcs in an oriental setting. How would you do it?

Literally the Samurai

Lesser Oni

>no thread title
>trying to brute force a nonsense meme
You know what is superior? A Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party

I can't speak for Bladelock because I haven't played one, but:
>Bladesinger is basically a wizard with the ability to use a sword competently
>Valor Bard is in a similar boat, although it has a smaller spell selection, can buff rolls with bardic inspiration, and gets multiattack, plus plenty of skill proficiency
Between the two, Bladesinger has more utility and potential tank, but Valor can melee attack more and support

Then there's the President of a break-away state that lost EL REVOLUCION with another nation, now hiding out in the jungle. They mostly just harass said nation and steal shit from everyone else, but they've also found something ancient and spooky in the jungle that they can't quite wrap their heads around, but it'll be real bad news once they do.

There's a cult of vampiric Satan worshippers who want to blot out the sun so they can have the run of the world, which is really just an excuse to ape From Dusk Til Dawn.

And a savage chieftan of some tribal collective that'd really like to take back all the land that these civilized colonists have stolen from his people. He'll be fucking around with ancient terrors and spirits in typical ungabunga fashion.

There's also just a really rich fucker who'll do anything for more money and power, but he's off living in golden penthouses and it's just his goons making life miserable for everyone standing in the way of profits.

Didn't lion's share of playtesters never reach lv. 10?

A dragon who hunt kobolds? A person who hunts kobolds who have polymorphed into dragons? A kobold that hunts dragons?

Can you jump past your speed?

Just like real players then.

Ainu, if Japan.
Or Mongolians if you're in China.
And we know you're not running a Korean campaign.