Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1547: You're a Sith Guy Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGt_KbjQa_g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, he orchestrated two rituals of note in the first book. The first had him, and several other Sith, create an enormous force storm to wipe away a forest the Jedi forces were hiding in. For the second, he tricked the Brotherhood into winning a Cadmean victory with the 'thought bomb' technique. The weapon killed all the Sith leadership and a hundred Jedi, trapping their souls in a nexus of force energy.

The Sith you may be thinking of is the Sith Emperor, Vitiate, or Darth Nihilus

0-point drawback for SAO Abridged for SAO jump when?

How far along are you on the Bane Trilogy? You said you were going to finish it, so I assume you've already been working on it.

Are there any perks that let me learn magic fast or at least copy spells ?

A couple of days, most likely. I kind of got swept up in my excitement :3c

Never. Full SAO abridged jump or nothing.

Theyre making a movie about Voldemort.
Link: youtube.com/watch?v=uGt_KbjQa_g

Why

Mind showing off what you have so far?

There is one in shadow realms that is pretty good.

Probably muh feminists with ´strong-independient Transslesbo protagonist´

Wut?

It's a little too bare bones right now, I'll flesh things up a bit before posting anything.

Here's the capstone booster, which has been fleshed out:
>Sith’ari 500 CP - Despite the implications of this name, this perk doesn’t necessarily make you the prophesied Sith that would be granted this title. It instead serves to draw you towards widely influential events, places and people. Stalemated battles that could use your input, buried paths to knowledge esoteric or profane, and public figures that could be felled or upholstered if a guiding hand was applied. This perk also serves as a Capstone booster for both Origin and Ideological Backgrounds, details of which will be provided in the Notes

How bad, as a setting, is City of Heroes? Like, the jumps makes it seem like its always at the brink of a dozen apocalypses, and the wiki is less than useless.

Considering the fact that Voldemort ends up gathering an army and waging war against the Wizarding World, causing a lot of havoc and destruction before he dies trying to kill Harry, this movie is probably going to end with her failing and probably dying.

There's stuff for copying in a Zelda jump, stuff for learning in Neopets.

Thats what I thought, but remember that feminist dont care about Canon or logic.

That's pretty cool. Looking forward to this.

Thanks

Why did they think anyone cared about young voldemort though

>I, Grecia McLaggin, Heir of Gryffindor
Nope. Nah. I'm out. I read this fanfic already.

An appropriate description would be a state of 'Quantum Fucked'. It is eternally in a state of being on the brink of destruction, so much that it paradoxically ensures the world's safety because there's always someone fighting against it. While there are multiple alternate realities where one of the world's myriad apocalypses come to pass, something always seems to stop them in canon. In game this is often the player, in canon it is often one of the literally hundreds of heroes or villains with agendas stepping up to the plate.

Any unknown factor could push it over the edge, but so long as people fight the world will never be 100% ravaged, the death knell held back in some way, shape, or form.

Probably the same reason they made the new Ghostbusters

>Anonimix
Why tho

Jump 141 Mass Effect
Race: Human
Starting location: Eden Prime
Background: Drop In (0)
Class Engineer
Perks
*Exemplar (400)
*Teammates (500) (You know I get from the cost and description he really wasn’t wanting you to pick this)
*Tongue of the Shepard (500)
Equipment
*Loadout
Drawbacks
*Bounty (+200) It’s nice to be wanted
*Shepard’s Flock (+ 100) well it won’t be boring
*Red Tape (+100) now it feels like mass effect

So this one started out interesting We were enjoying ourselves on a nice planet then things went downhill shape fast. The Geth attacked and as we were taking down the bots, we encountered Shepard. Well we offered to help since she seemed to be having a harder time than us so she agreed and that’s how I came to join the crew.

Anyways we found the beacon… which was active, to save one of the members of the group she threw them out of the way and became the chosen one.

(to be continued)

Anyways we learned about the reapers and the protheons. I managed to Keep Shepard from dying in a random attack. We spent the next few years gathering proof for the council that always needed more. We were contacted by the illusive man who offered us help in that regard but Shepard’s family had been killed by Cerberus so she told him to go to hell. It later turned out he was indoctrinated.

The council had their collective thumbs up their asses as we dealt with the collectors. We killed the Reaper they were building despite the illusive man pleading with us not to (I really don’t know why he was bothering at that point)

Eventually the reapers attacked killing the council we rallied the rest of the universe… finally some of our hard work and good will paying off as old friends pulled influence so that we actually had a united front and we managed to make it to Crucible to the star child and I managed to hack the star child AI to kill the reapers and got it to understand life often has no perfect solution so it’s cycle was pointless and it was best to let life sort itself out.

Do you think Rowling is getting all of her ideas for Potterverse movies and spinoffs from reading fanfiction now? She already included an Enoby expy after all.

When blade finishes it.

I'd be happier with a general fanfic drawback, as jumps like Ranma or Naruto have.
I'd also like there to be an option for canon companions beyond Klein (seriously, WTF).

In general the jump could be better.

Copycat Technique from Ranma 1/2, Dark Wisdom from Overlord, Greatest Witch Ever from Vampire Diaries.

Actually, she didn't. It was worse. See, Cursed Child is, quite literally, sanctioned fabrication that someone else wrote and Rowling just went "oh, yeah, nah, that's canon".

So what spells would need to be imbued into an item to recreate mauis fish hook?

Polymorph self is obvious but anything else?

The Capstone for the Drop-In, if you're interested:
>G*********n 600 CP- The Bounty Hunter Guild has, for millennia, provided morally ambiguous services to both legal and private entities. There have been organisations that offer more…. definite solutions to the problems of concerned customers customers. One such group was G*********n, originally a tool for the political stability of the Republic. Some claim they were destroyed millennia ago, others that they were merely subverted by an ambitious killer. Regardless, you seem to have the skills of one of their members. An elite assassin almost without peer in this galaxy, there are very few you couldn’t kill. Whether through the use of obscure Sith born poisons or from hundred of kilometers away with a scoped rifle, you deliver death with an nigh absolute certainty to your targets. You’d become incredibly infamous on the galactic scene if you ever deigned to leave proof of your actions.

The Boost makes you particularly skilled in directing global, or in this case Galactic, politics through manipulation, blackmail, bribes and your assassination skills.

Are you going to include a continuity option for the KotOR jump? I'd be more than happy to add one to Clone Wars.

That sounds awesome!

...shit. Fuck. Can't believe I'm going to say this, but maybe Injustice is the safest choice then. Less chance of accidentally-ing the world as long as I stay away from Batman and Supers.

Damnit dice, its #4! Too early for this kinda shit!

Yay! Tacit approval from Senpai :3c
Of course I will.

I was wondering if you minded me having force sensitive origins, and how do you want me to implement them?

actually on tht note, what other SW eras arent covered by jumps at the moment?

I know we are getting SWTOR at some point but what else is there?

I myself am somewhat familiar with the post EP6 SWEU stuff like legacy of the force but of course the EU is huge

I'd personally put off Injustice until you've gotten something like Greed from God of High School that lets you steal powers from those you kill. Because there are a lot of strong people in Injustice and most of them deserve painful deaths.

Reposting for more feedback.

Well, there's also the Hundred Year Darkness, which was the original war between the Jedi and the Dark Jedi that would later become the original Sith Lords. Speaking of, there was the era where the Sith Empire and Republic were completely separate, where the Sith spent most of their time ruling and fighting amongst themselves before they were eventually discovered, which led to the first war between the Sith Empire and the Republic.

Why wouldn't you have that as an option? Maybe just make Force Sensitivity a perk you can buy and if you have a Force Sensitive origin, they get it for free along with training?

1. Binding to attach it to things.
2. Durability to make it last. You can use the unbreakable cahrm from Harry Potter.
3. Energy release to enhance strikes.
4. Runes for magic.

And some people who aren't so strong but deserve painful deaths anyway.

Worst things to discover about your background memories?

Reminder for when we eventually get ToR that Vitiate is basically Aizen.

>A Rather Nice Apartment [200
should probably be "apartment building"

>Mikuru BEAM!
should probably be defined better because the canon beams get kind of weird.

>A Rusty Blade [200]
include a translation of the kanji for those who cant easily select and google them

Just use the monstergirl genetic engineering perk from SS13

Wear armour made of lightsaberproof shortstack tick monstergirls into battle. They'll probably hurt less when they're nibbling at your flesh.

Uh...d'you just mean what it did in the movies, or the full on mythological fish hook? If you just want what's in the movies-I think there's a soulbound weapon import in Kingdom Hearts (or you could try tinkering with the Lifestream in FF7, since Sephiroth made himself a soul weapon out of it), the glowing and the tale-etching are part of the MCU 2 artifact imports (or you could use the lyrium enchantment perks from either of the Dragon Ages) and as for the shapeshifting thing I THINK that's something you could eventually learn if you go Thousand Master in Negima, since Rakan's weapon can shapeshift itself pretty well.

If you want to be able to beat up the sun and rip islands out of the sea with it, I'd suggest Forgemaster, the Starforge AND Artifact Savant from Marvel Magic, so it's incredibly buff as well as retaining it's enchantments

Bane Trilogy?.

WHERE'S THE SUSPENSE

SHE FAILS BY CANON

Oh ye gods, and I thought Grindlewald being beaten by having a parakeet thrown at his face was bad. Is hollywood just producing their own harry potter fanfics now. Is that what this world has come to.

Reminder that no one knows what ToR is.The hell are you talking about?

My Origins are as follows:
Drop-In (Of course)
Soldiery
Student (of the Force)
Master (of the Force)

The first two don't have access to the Force, whereas the latter two do by necessity. I just don't know how those two fit in with the Force supplement guide. A Sith Lord would begin beyond the level of Ahsoka from the Clone Wars, after all.

The Star Wars Bane trilogy of books. Follows the rise and fall of Darth Bane, Sith'ari and founder of the Rule of Two we see in the films.

It's fan-made, not official. It's literally fanfiction, although that hasn't stopped Rowling from making those canon has it?

Star wars the old republic. its an mmorpg

the Bane trilogy is about the sith lord who came up with the "rule of two" stuff. Somewhat special because it is from the sith perspective and makes little to no apologies about silly things like morality

Darkness from Lyrical Nanoha.

Sorcerer Savant from Young Justice.

Of course. Why bother making a Darth Bane era jump if you can't have fun as a sith, or become a jedi and try to save the order from their own incompetence (Again).

As for how, do whatever you feel is best. Though personally I would make it so that you're either an apprentice or a newly discovered force sensitive. However I'm not to familiar with the Bane Trilogy/era since I never got around to reading those books.

Legacy which takes place 100 years after the OT.

Thrawn trilogy, Jedi Academy, Yuuzhan Vong War, and some other stuff I'm forgetting.

There's also Tales of the Jedi which takes place before KotOR.

And of course the new Disney trilogy.

Someone was going to make an Empire at War jump but they disappeared forever ago. Star Wars Galaxies could probably be it's own jump as well. I'm may claim Battlefront sometime down the line but only if I can make it good enough.

Also since we already have a precedent for it, there are countless fan-fics and parodies to make jumps out of.

Bubsy jump when?

>Star wars the old republic. its an mmorpg
Why was the O not capitalized, then?

Who in their right mind would make that?

The old Republic, obviously

The Bane Trilogy is essentially the origin story of Darth Bane, the founder of the Rule of Two, as well as the story of how he destroyed the old Sith and started his new order. It comes from an era in the Star Wars universe where the Republic basically didn't exist, where Sith kingdoms were spread throughout the Galaxy. Opposing these were kingdoms ruled by Jedi Lords, who did a pretty good job at defending and ruling their subjects. Eventually, it reached a point where the Sith were united into the Brotherhood of Darkness by a fallen Jedi, where as the Jedi were united into the Army of Light by a Jedi Lord named Hoth. They fought many battles, but it ultimately culminated in Bane tricking the Brotherhood into blowing themselves and the Jedi up, trapping their souls on the planet of Ruusan.

Most of the Jedi Order died there, and the remains on Coruscant immediately took back control of the order and denounced the Jedi Lords. Note, the Fallen Jedi that led the Brotherhood was their champion, so in actuality it was all their fault, not that they would admit to this of course. Bane and his apprentice survived, and went on to create their new order, with the Jedi believing that all the Sith were dead.

I feel like there should be some more perks that're not just powers.

Like, basing more on Kyon than just the 100cp perk for Drop-In/Slider, or a cuteness/cosplay perk based on Asahina for timetravelers, something to deal with time shenanigans like the Endless Eight thing for Aliens (what with Yuki being aware of the loops the whole time) or something to feign emotionlessness... Maybe even perks based on Haruhi herself, aside from (Not That) Great Will? Not sure about ESPer, Koizumi was kinda forgettable to me...

>Hoth

The ice moon is named after a guy?

Not really. All you have to do is just join one of the super groups and not be stupid.

That's effectively all you have to do. Don't join Longbow, don't join the Freedom Corps. Just spend your time fighting the Fifth Column, because punching nazis doesn't really have a way to backfire. There's also tons of street gangs that you can fight off and keep your head down, because for some retarded reasons there is a LOT of street gangs and ruffians. Enough that you could run into heroes who spend the majority of their career just keeping the streets clean so the higher heroes can focus on the big stuff.

That's not obvious at all. O is captialized in the full name, why would you have it be lowercase in the acronym?

I need a character with red or pink hair, and who can sword really good.

Not Shirou.

I think it's the other way around, actually, which is weird since he was from one of the bigger Jedi dynasties. Why would his parents name him after Hoth?

Erza Scarlet.

Because Os are the work of jawa insurrectionists.

Maybe he was a cool guy

For my student origin, thoughts?

>Form and fitness 400 CP - The lightsaber is easily one of the most distinctive weapons in the Galaxy. It identifies one as a user of the Force, belonging to a world that the vast majority of beings here will forever remain ignorant. It’d be a waste of such an icon then, if you were unskilled in its use. As your now diminished fortune would have it that, you are one of the best lightsaber combatants to ever grace a battlefield. A grand master of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, and quite competent in more niche ones as well. In a battle between a thousand strong supposedly equal forces, you may help bring about a rout in your foes (after felling two dozen or so).

I can't see her leaving fairy tail, even if it was frozen in time. Actually, that might bring back bad memories.

Maybe her edolas counterpart?

What could possibly go wrong?

Maybe. Consider Ikaruga from the same series.

Would people rather have a Moana movie jump, or a straight up Polynesian myth jump? On the one hand, the first makes more sense and people are generally more likeable. On the other, the second makes less sense and there are a lot of cunts.

Perhaps a boost to general Melee fight?

Sucks, DCAU Harley is a cutie butt who dindu nuffin.

How illegal is killing villains in this setting?

>you are one of the best lightsaber combatants to ever grace a battlefield
Yes, but can you do the Sheev Spin?

Could have been that he was just a nIce guy.

Looks good, though shouldn't this go with Masters?

Personally, I'd rather have a Moana jump if it's a binary choice.

But, you know, pick related?

Are you sure?

Gay orgies.

My master perks provide esoteric knowledge of the Force, the charisma of Lord Kaan and General Hoth and things of that nature. A lot of Bane's early story revolves around him losing and re-establishing himself in the dueling ring. I thought it appropriate.

Fair enough.

Moana, maui in polynesian myth is a left handed asshole.

Not a joke he was able to kill so many people because he was a lefty.

Pick up one of Adorjan's splintered gales in Infernals. She's an absurdly talented master swordwoman (well, she's an absurdly talented master everything, but swording is included in that), though she generally seems to prefer daggers according to Games of Divinity. Probably juuust a little yandere though.

So what you're saying is he was born in the darkness (side of the Force). Moulded by it, even

what about a sith alchemy perk? I always liked the more obscure force applications beyond "let me behead you" or "choke on this, bitch"
and bane learnt a lot of sith knowledge.

oh and can we get a sith holocron?(from revan for example)

Ah, so both the Jedi AND the Sith were cunts yet again, and the Jedi went on to be massive hypocrites about it. Again.

Just like they have been ever since the ancient Je'dai started reeeing about the Dark SIde because of Alchemy and split their order in two.

It is a legitimate fighting strategy. Everyone's drilled to expect attacks on their left from the opponent's right hand, not the opposite.

I think you mean,
What could PAWsibly go wrong?

You are more right than you know user, From his birth he had it bad when his mom died during labor and his dad hated him

But the Je'dai were right about the dark side user, They preached balance with the light and Dark

Sorcery and Alchemy will both be in the 'Rule of the Strong' or 'Brotherhood of Darkness' ideological backgrounds. Not sure which yet.

He does work in a mine for most of his youth...

well wasnt it a point that alot of the brotherhood didnt bother with that old knowledge and this is one of the reason bane managed to oneup his rival?
ofc this is all IIRC so correct me if I am wrong

>But the Je'dai were right about the dark side user, They preached balance with the light and Dark
Originally, yes. But then they didn't like what some of them were doing with (Sith) Alchemy, and started infighting dividing them into what would become the Jedi and Sith.

You're mistaken, Bobby. The original Je'dai, who believed in balance of Light and Dark, were correct. However, I'm speaking about the divide that created the modern Jedi and the ancient Dark Jedi that went on to become the Sith. Essentially, the ancestor of Sith Alchemy was discovered, which involves a lot of torture and misery, and the Je'dai were debating banning it because of it going too far. However, this galvanized a radical group within the Je'dai who wanted the Dark Side banned entirely, and they eventually managed to get a lot of support and not only banned the practice, but the Dark Side entirely. And on top of that, they decided the best way to handle anyone who objected to their rules was to slaughter them all. Thus we get what amounted to the first Jedi civil war.

So yeah, I was only referring to those radical Je'dai when I'm shit talking the Je'dai order.

Pretty much, yeah. The Jedi Lords were mostly okay, though naturally a few became corrupt, but the Council were absolute dicks. They always looked down on the Lords, talked shit about them and called them corrupt and fallen and all that. Kaan was supposed to be their champion, they one they'd use to rub the Lord's faces into the dirt. "Oh, see, Kaan does what WE say, and he's going to be the one to defeat the Sith!"

This did not work out. Kaan beat the Sith, then became their new master, then kicked the shit out of the Council and the Republic, so the Army of Light had to fight them. As for how that ended...well, I already told you that.

Oh I know, I have fought lefties, they legitimately are harder to beat.

This shit is why I always go Grey. The Jedi is never NOT made up of a bunch of sanctimonious cunts. Until Luke takes over, anyway. I'd join Luke's Jedi.

>The original Je'dai, who believed in balance of Light and Dark, were correct.
M8, the Dark Side is literally a metaphysical cancer/corruption in the force, it's not a natural or beneficial duality. Any talk of "balance" is just wishful thinking.

You are right, yes. The Brotherhood had access to that forbidden knowledge though, and some Lords were quite interested in the secrets of ancient Sith.

Also, last posted capstone perk of the night. For the Army of Light ideology:

>Lord of Light 600 CP - The ultimate weakness of the Dark Side of the Force has never, can never, be overcome. The Dark Side is inherently treacherous and, no matter one’s political dressings, it will always tear itself and it's wielders apart. You’ve learned that this extends to all enemies of the light that is your cause. Any organisation or collective you turn your will against, that you strive to defeat, will begin to tear itself apart beyond your own efforts. Government's grow ineffective and bloated, corporations tear themselves apart with poor financial decisions and ideologies grow more fractured and internally divided until they break entirely. For all their supposed power, your enemies are their own greatest weakness.