Abadabadoo in charge of blowing up planets

>Abadabadoo in charge of blowing up planets
lmfao

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september/cadia-stands-ebook.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is this?

Weak bait that relies on its "victims" not to do any research or an OP that didn't bother to read the synopsis and leapt at the title. The novel is about the Fall of Cadia.
blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september/cadia-stands-ebook.html
Though according to the 8e previews, Cadia is still around and the Imperium wants it back.

Poor Chaosfags.....how will they ever recover?
13 Black crusades, and in the end the Imperium btfo's them anyway.
Serves you right for betraying the Emperor

Wasn't it more or less split into 2 larger fragment with other smaller bits flying off?

What's that 2 Cadian Shock Troops Factions and infinite little split offs? And here's me thinking another guard army would have to become the poster boys by necessity.

Yes... the guard are still on it though, in the trenches, fighting the hordes of deamons with their lasguns and beyonets. Dying by the thousands.

But it's been a century

The Cadians are undoubtedly the best Imperial Gaurdsmen ever. Yes, really! Thanks to the heritage of Cadia and their myriad heroic deeds, the Cadians are the exemplars of the Imperial Guard. With a few fringe exceptions who originate from worthless deathworlds or possess stolid stubbornness, all Imperial Gaurd Regiments want to be like the Cadians and recognize Ursarkar Creed as their spiritual liege

I kinda like the idea that the stand of Cadia made such a tremor in the warp that guardsmen continually reappear, forever preventing the daemonic hordes from making any real gains, forever sending in the next wave....
Of course, this would mean they are all daemons too.

Remember lads. The Emperor protects. Good job.

Yeah, this is cool. Like the guardsmen were so valiant in their efforts that Khorne keeps resurrecting them to fight his own troops.

>caiphus kaineis khorne's ahriman

Probably in spirit not in reality. But i dont care about any novel written post guilliman scandal. You can shell out your money on new toys but dont support teh new direction the fluff is taking by giving them your money on fluff related material.

>My name is Tobias. Trooper, first class.
>I'm one hundred and twenty five...I think.
>I've been fighting for about four-fifths of that.
>My planet is broken. My people are broken.
>But I am not.
>Every morning I wake up with a lasrifle in my hands.
>I remember every death. Every bolt to the chest, head, belly. Every knife, every sword, every maw filled with teeth.
>Every day I die in a new way. I'm a bit proud of that.
>The Emperor's out there, somewhere.
>The way I figure it, if the daemons are fighting, there's something they're fighting against.
>That's where I am. That's WHAT I am.
>And as long as I'm alive, I'll fight.

Stop giving gw shitty ideas.
They have enough of them already.

black library thread?

just finished this one, wondering what other's hot take on it is

>besides Veeky Forums typical cynical bitching

I enjoyed it but others will probably say it's trash

>Big end to end galactic stain
>fails to hit even a single relevant system

tip jej

Careful, you may summon some namefag that can't help but bitch about how this book removes every faction but chaos and mankind

>more like master of the mancuck by A.D.B attention disorder bitch.

>Imperial Guardsmen
>Guardsmen
I believe you meant Astra Militarum-men. What a shitty new name.

So?

The Emperor has been dead for 10,000 years, never stopped him burning that psychic torch to enable Mankind to travel FTL, did it?

>Astra Militamen
>Astra Militarumen
>Astra Militia
>A.M.men
>Amen

I was always considering a Guard army themed around that one Space Marine chapter that pops up, reks nerds, and dissappears again themed around that. I think it was Legion of the Damned or something?

Basically thrn I could just say all the tabletop battles would be "canon", including deaths and losses.

Always relevant to post in any BL thread

And? Cadians export one thing, cadians. They dont just die for the emperor, they breed for the emperor.

>Know No Fear
At first I didn't really like the fact that it was written in present tense, but now I actually really like how it created tension and made everything seem immediate.

where's baneblade?

i'd put it at good-tier, it was one of the better ones but the middle section dragged it down despite its great characters and good prose

The Imperium wants its chunks back.

Because fuck Chaos fucking shits.

>A Space Marine Battles Novel

>implying Death of Integrity isn't the fucking bomb

Failbaddon can't even destroy a single fucking planet.

Why do they keep pretending his Black Crusades are worth anything? GW should've killed him off after 13th Black Crusade and had another known Chaos Marine lead the 14th.

OP is trolling you all with the title of the book.

Word Bearers omnibus was the shit
>invade world
>there are so many guardsmen that they start running out of bolter rounds
>guardsmen PoV is basically "well like three of us might survive and actually injure a spiky marine"
i thought it was good. get fucked imperials

that book was great

>entire planet is held by a handful of White Consuls holding together the moral of more guard than you can count

that shit was fucking legendary

Legion of the Damned yes. There's also a similarly themed Ork warband under Tuska the Demon Killer. They fight demons eternally in the Eye of Terror.

>Abadon cracks the planet in half
>guardsmen put it back together with fucking 100-mph tape and chew

>ITT: We trigger Veeky Forums

Gaunt's Ghosts should be broken into two headings: Prior to approximately Sabbat Martyr, and anywhere thereafter. That was about where the kid gloves went on and then turned into big ol' slapstick huge oven mitts. Dabnett shows his roots as a comic book writer in that he just can't kill named characters. I'm sorry, but when three armed and ambushing CSMs happen to anything this side of a Guard company, the result is, "And then the victorious servants of Chaos cavorted in the entrails of their dead uncounted. The End."

It's the sense that you're watching a pictor reel of these events as they happened. It gives you a more tangible connection to the information as you're discovering it, makes it feel more concrete when contrasted with, "Once upon a time..."

>he just can't kill named characters
I thought the ghosts novels whole thing was it killed named characters

The Primarchs had a hard life

As someone who greatly prefers old fluff, I don't see how that's triggering. That, and the line about the Emperor loving nothing but mankind as a whole seems pretty inline with the M41 Emperor in Inquisition Wars

>Legion of the Damned: Guardsman Division.
I've been playing with this idea since Cadia fell but fuck this has reignited my love for the idea.

They used to be, yeah.

The last big named character that died was the fucking Medic. Of cancer.

Did Girly Man actually just fucking pseudo-communicate with the Emperor?

DID HE? I AM KIND OF OKAY WITH THIS BUT NOT I DON'T KNOW

While I think a lot of cries that 40k isn't grimdark anymore is highly over exaggerated, it's pretty undeniable that BL no longer kills its main characters like it used to. And certainly doesn't help that a higher percentage of current BL's characters are canon characters they couldn't kill off if they wanted to, making the only tension in a story the question of what aspect of the event or character is going to be retconned

He did have a convo with emps yes

Anyone happen to have pdfs of Legion, Beneath the Serpent, Betrayer or any of your favorites? Archive isn't working for me

>Chaos fucks itself over once agian

I absolutely love it

It's a little painful to see. Fuck, find me one person who didn't get teary over Bragg or Colm. The casual loss of Gaunts Ghosts was poignant and humanised the setting.

That's why there's two headings. Early novels, Dabnett drove home the constant struggle of spending these very few precious lives when engaged in titanic warfare beyond the scope of individual men. Then he softened a little and would introduce new characters to act as chaff and die in the next novel or so. Then he fully jumped the Wartrukk over the Drops by having a select handful get hot-dropped into a world already conquered by Chaos, assassinate a high ranking traitor, critically aid the resistance, fight off CSMs, and secret themselves off-planet to be debriefed and hopefully not blammed for any of 100 reasons. Total casualty count?
A B S O L U T E L Y
N O N E

okay so here's my question - why does GW have the Emperor denouncing the primarchs as his sons and being a dick in general?

it can't be that he's simply some tyrannical asshole, there's too many factors working against that. so why simply state he sees them as nothing but tools? seems odd

Know no fear was so fucking good.

It's a daemonworld now. Why does Imprium want it back?

He's not the only one who has done it either. An Inquisitor talked to the guy in an old as fuck BL book

They want the gate back. Its still a strategic location.

Why is there still a gate?
The gate was caused by the pylon network. The now-destroyed pylon network.
Also chaos fleets now can enter realspace anywhere accross Cycatrix, so the Gate have zero strategic value.

you make these posts as if they beat grappled them to death in hand-to-hand combat one at a time.

CONTEXT NIGGA

Nevermind me. I thought it was closer to the Belis Corona passage through the storm meaning Cadia and the other cadian gate worlds would be important for controlling it but I'm an idiot. I have no fucking idea why they want it.

>Cadia Stands

Like what, 「Distant Early Warning」or 「The Trooper」?

[Born to Lead] with it's power, [Tactical Genius]

Negative of this map looks so much better

Because symbolism you retard.

Is canon-Kitten still in the Warp?

Fuck symbolism channel all those guard regiments into securing one of the passages.

Will the tau get at least their asses pushed seeing chaos everywhere?

I just realized we never had Cain vs Eldar.

We never had actual Cain vs Tau either

It really does. So the cicatrix maledictum is just one galaxy spanning warp storm or something?

lets be real. It would probably involve Cain fucking an Autarch who Amberely then kills.

You do realize that all canon Autarchs outside of DoW are males?

the Astronomican is created by continuously burning through thousands of psykers in the Throne Chamber

>Fuck symbolism
You really know nothing at all about the Imperium do you?

It's in the Asctronomican chamber inside the Hollow Mountain (aka Everest). It's not even in the same complex as the Throne chamber.

And you know nothing about girlyman.

Why do people talk shit about OUtcast Dead?

While maybe not a ton happened, it added a lot of backstory and elements to the astro telepathica and the houses of nobles on terra. Could the book not have existed? Sure...but thats about half the HH series so far.

Mostly because it's a chronological clusterfuck.

Denounce? He doesn't ever directly denounce the Primarchs.
I mean his anger is understandable. They destroyed mankinds ONE true hope. Ultimately everyone who sees or speaks to the Emperor hears, more or less, what they want to hear, or at least in how he says it.

In Master of Mankind the Emperor is cold and mean because that's what the Custodes want from him. They do not ever think of him as a father, they see him as the Emperor. Custodes are not a "family" like the Primarchs and marines were built to be. Same as how he appears just a humble scientist to the Magos Land. He is cold and calculated because that's how a Magos thinks. Land is amazed by the Emperor and how perfect he is yet...so human still (well fleshy).

In modern 40k Girlyman was talked shit by the Emperor because that's what he needed to hear. He comes back at the end-times of Mankind, after failing to do his ultimate duty. He knows that the splitting of the chapters was, ultimately, a failure and everything he did post heresy was shit.

what's so surprising about this? The Emp always considered the Primarchs his createst creation in flesh and blood, but he didn't really trust them. Did anyone really think he considered the likes of Konrad and Angron as anything but useful tools? Guilliman knew the love of a father from Konor, and perhaps craved to fill the spot with the Emperor, but most other Primarchs probably didn't have those illusions.

This may be less him being a comic writer and more him having a 10+ novel series and the longer that shit goes on, the more you need to not kill characters for fear of losing the readers.

There's only so many core characters you can kill off before you have no protagonists.

So?

I only remember it being fuelled in the throne chamber during Master of Mankind

But muh grimdak

Abnett has literally stated he will keep writing these things until all the characters are dead or people stop reading them - whatever comes first.

You do realize corpsefuckers have TWO chambers designed for sacrificing psykers - one to fuel the Aastronomican, and another to keep the Big Man alive... well, non-quite-dead.

And moving on A will cause B faster than is... profitable.

I thought the one in the Throneroom was used to keep open the Webway portal

Can anyone recommend me some of the audiobooks and where to find them? I have no clue where to start

I can recomend you to stay away from the audiobooks.

People like this are the same folks who whine about Space Marines because "they never lose and there's no tension".

Guardfags everyone.

Am I alone in thinking the helmet-less guardsman looks vaguely like Mads Mikkelsen?

Dorden was a major character who's been around since the first fucking book, not to mention that two other characters who'd been around for the majority of the series died within the same few pages.

There's a lot of shit that you can criticize Abnett for, especially in Gaunt's Stus, but "he doesn't kill named characters" is fucktarded.

>but he didn't really trust them
him trusting the primarchs is why horus had time to organize himself on istvaan
him trusting them is why half of the primarchs he sent turned traitor and massacred the loyalists
him trusting horus is why he's on the fucking throne

some people within black library decided to change that with whatever tangled mess is going on now, but don't say that it's ALWAYS been this way

>He knows that the splitting of the chapters was, ultimately, a failure
Does this get said in the books or is it still just a Veeky Forums meme? It prevented Marines from pulling anything on the scale of the Heresy for 10k years.

It also meant that it was a lot harder to muster sufficient resistance against big threats, like black crusades, ork Waaaghs and hive-fleets, and bobby G now thinks that while he prevented a heresy, he doomed mankind to a slow decline into the insanity he wakes up to.