Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Friendly reminder that Starfinder Envoy A SHIT

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Last Session:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljvk?Starfinder-Character-Themes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm led to believe Paizo makes their gays already in relationships because then they aren't a romantic threat to the PCs. They're conniving filthy good for nothing bastards, but they know their audience and a significant portion want to play straight men and sometimes straight women.

Still doesn't excuse the number of dead husbands and dead wives you find strewn about their campaigns. That just feels vindictive.

Aren't Envoys supposed to be a cleric-type class anyway?

It's objectively inferior to Mystic in every way possible.
Mystic has more damage on cantrips than Envoy has on attacks.
Mystic has spellcasting.
Mystic's healing is better in literally every way possible.
Envoy doesn't have jack shit and can't even buff.

STOP APPLYING YOUR SHITLORD RULES TO A STRONG BRAVE CHAOTIC GOOD WOMYN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trips confirm.

Envoys are supposed to be the Face class, like a Bard only more refined towards the talky talky.

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

looks like a warlord without fighting
or a bard without magic

I will continue waiting patiently for something good to come along

I'm not. It's shaping up to be another shitty weekend for me.

Might grab some toxic junk food to ""enjoy"" whilst watching E3 this year.

We are going to kill Karzoug with an army of summoned minions!

Well, the casters are. I am just going to growl at low wis enemies and poke them a few times to get some sneak damage in while the casters bend the laws of the universe itself to our advantage.

Stamana restoration=/=Healing, user. Kesk can heal HP. The Envoy can restore Stamina points, which can be then used by other people to do other things.

We also have no idea what Critical Burn means, which i suspect is extra damage that cannot be simply healed easily rather than a critical hit type modifier to damage, meaning the pistol most likely does 2d4 damage..

Got a couple games coming up. gonna try and enjoy them, but I've been pretty sick lately.

Even THE ONE talent they decided to showcase for Envoy was horribly bad:
>Clever Feint (EX) [sense-dependent]
>As a standard action, you can fake out an enemy within 60 feet, making that enemy open to your attacks. Attempt a Bluff check with the same DC as a check to feint against that enemy (though this isn't a standard check to feint, so Improved Feint and Greater Feint don't apply). Even if you fail, that enemy is flat-footed against your attacks until the end of your next turn. If you succeed, the enemy is also flat-footed against your allies' attacks until the end of your next turn. You can't use clever feint against a creature that lacks an Intelligence score.
>At 6th level, you can spend 1 Resolve Point to treat a failed Bluff check for clever feint as if it were a success.
According to the First Contact leak, "Critical Burn" is "when you score a Critical Hit, the enemy gets set on fire for the stated amount of damage per round for 1d4 rounds".

That's actually pretty solid, though?

Reminder that only celeb apps will get into Ensoulment.

>remove dex to AC even if you fail
That wouldn't be bad if you could actually make an attack.

Running a game today, then gonna sleep and jack off all weekend.

Reminder that in Starfinder, Flat-Footed is a flat -2 AC, no relation to DEX. Moreover, Flat-Footed doesn't make a target eligible for a sneak attack - the Space Rogue needs to roll skill checks every time it tries to sneak attack.
A standard action for a +2 to hit on your next turn is TRASH.

Depends on if you don't need a standard action to attack.

I'm excited to keep exploring Thistletop on Saturday. How's your weekend looking, FennecAnon?

I work all weekend, but I have a fun game today.

>screeching insults not enough, I also have to samefag

Don't you realize I left the discussion because you're fucking pathetic?

Considering AC's are likely lower across the board, you can't actually say that until we have more info, user. -2 to AC for all your allies AND yourself on your next turn IS potentially deadly.

Is JTTW still safe from the prying hands of celebrity?

It's definitely not worth a standard action, user.
Especially not when you get cucked like this:
> (though this isn't a standard check to feint, so Improved Feint and Greater Feint don't apply)

I wouldn't count on it if I were you. You'll want to look at the B-list games like that Ironfang Invasion that was recruiting a little while ago.

It's looking well, thank you. We've successfully rescued the little sister of one of our party members, and will likely figure out what to do next. Also, my brother's coming to town for a couple days, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with him.

You sound pretty butthurt.

Better to kill them faster and in the combat then prolong it and risk taking more damage or potentially getting someone killed.

Is Vult's homebrew even allowed I'm Ensoulment? He's listed as a Tome Smiter but I don't see an allowance for it.

What about Chloromancer?

So far most of the celeb apps are jokes since they don't have the time slot available. Sappy seems to be the only real celeb actually trying to get in.

Isn't Kawase applying?

Go ahead. Throw just more "cunts" or "autist" or "subhumans" and other vomit for god knows what reason.

Waste everyone's time.

The very first app for Ensoulment was a PoW-fuckface (ichabod) by one of the slightly lesser celebs. Do you think they really care about the rules like the WHITELIST of allowed material?

He's a celeb, he can get away with that.

>implying you're not the one wasting time

>[words]

Kawase doesn't get promoted to Real Celeb until he gets into Ensoulment. Right now his only claim to fame is being a discord shitter.

I can now see why everyone throws their guns at Superman, with a decent str you do more damage by chucking the gun at someone than shooting it.

>kawase
>celeb
More like people are trying to force him as a celeb fucking lmao he's applied to I think, 4 games? and not gotten into any.

>kawase
Just because people know his name doesn't make you a celeb, user

I get that you're super triggered right now user, but there's no need to shit up a new thread with it. Go vent on your blog or something and come back when you're ready to talk about waifus and weeb shit like /pgg/ is meant for.

>EAC consistently lower than KAC
>Telekinetic Projectile also damages the object, meaning you break things with the power
I think you're being disingenuous.

DHB was a celeb long before he actually got into a game.

>EAC consistently lower than KAC
KAC for all leaked material including the dozen or so monsters in First Contact is either EAC+1 or EAC+2.
Given a loss of 5-10% accuracy, 1d6 is better than 1d4 (3.5 average vs 2.5 average is 40% more damage). You can throw literal fucking pebbles you pick up off the ground and deal more damage than a laser pistol.

Considering someone else proved BOTH of you were idiots, I think you should both walk away from your computers and take a smoke break.

Protag has outright said Vult's character isn't getting in for more than a potential guest appearance like everyone else, so he probably just doesn't care enough to argue with him about it.

>Protag has outright said Vult's character isn't getting in for more than a potential guest appearance like everyone else,
screencap?

Within 30'. You forgot that part.

I'm behind on the leaked material, mind elaborating?

Didn't happen in the thread, according to Vult it happened in pm between him and Protag.

Most combats are within that range.

>14th level ki power
>Spends 2 ki points
I'm not seeing how that outperforms zen archer, for starters you wont ever use it because most games end before 14th level

Also where's that chart that says Umonk with Dragon Style is the martial that deals most damage? I'm actually playing one (umonk with dragon style) and the barb still outdamages me hard

Vult has said that Vult's character wouldn't be able to do more than a guest appearance,

That's such an awful connotation you gave that since Vult was literally trying to be an npc, trying to contrast with the intended party

Actually, it's mostly proving me right. Flying into someone's area like an untrained autist means you get stabbed (as it should). Having higher ground giving you a +2 is silly but I already said that I don't care about the actual mechanic itself and only felt like pointing out the sillyness.

But let us carry on.

Not if people realize there's a telekinetic involved, it's not. Unless everyone is an idiot.

I'm just lookign at what was presented. Telekinetic projectile is good....but pebbles everywhere in a space station? Breaking things around you to damage the enemy? That's not smart, or likely to be the case all the time. also, the user is saying Envoy has a healing power, when it clearly has powers entirely different than healing - stamina points are for using abilities. He's complaining about a variety of things while comparing an apple to a cauliflower.

90% of combat is going to be at that range.

I had to go digging through the archives, and I have no idea if this is the newest one but here's the one I found

Source?

Why would people want to be within easy throwing distance of grenades?

Also, the thread this is from seemed to imply that this math is done assuming 12th level

Could we actually pit Ranged Lizard Soldier against Melee Lizard Soldier and see who wins most of the time? She's equal parts strength and Dexterity, she even has Deadly Aim!

Because combat is on spaceships, which tend to be crammed.

The source is my ass, because we both know combat's going to be confined to the limitations of a battlemap, and the conventions of story which means most combat will be in rooms or corridors.

When it gets posted or when I get the book, either one.

The answer is obvious though - ranged is going to get more attacks in before melee gets there, and higher level=more powerful guns as I understand it.

How would one go about making an armored archer who wields a greatbow, a-la silver knights or alonne knights?
STR based martial is preferred, but it can get wacky like refluffed aether pulse memes or something similar

And even when not, game mats only extend so far. The vast majority of our encounters are going to be in urban/spaceborne environments.

Well, the barb in my group is a boar skinwalker with bite and two claw attacks from barb powers, so he actually has 6 attacks before even reaching 6th level, that might be a reason why he outdamages me hard.

Because if it's not close quarters, than melee is at a disadvantage. You're invalidating melee by making Ranged the norm.

What, like a Fighter (Archer) with 16-18 str/dex?

That would do it.

You're invalidating ranged weaponry by assuming all combat is within 30' in grungy and dirty places with lots of free objects to throw at people that aren't important enough not to damage for the sake of Telekinetic Projectile being better than a gun, user.

Check out that new Gray Maiden PrC. It has a class feature for Str-based archery. I'd say that'd be your best bet.

It's not really that easy, right?
I was looking towards taking vital strike for sure on whatever people suggested, for the very damaging single shot feel, but coming from 5e, I didn't actually expect it to be so simple

Now that sounds pretty cool, and I'll be sure to check that out. Thanks user

You want STR, martial, and bows? Done. This is what you want. Read 'Furious Huntress'.

>with lots of free objects
You can literally carry pebbles with you.

Does Demoralize count as a fear effect?

You can't play a Gray Maiden without being a woman, it's part of the PrC. Just warning you if you wanted to be a man.

user this is Starfinder, it's going to be as cluttered as a Wayne Reynolds piece.

>wanting to be a man
>ever
Oh man I'm thinking.

That's alright, I play waifubait trash anyhow.
And the delicate yet defined back muscluature on a female archer is pure sex

Yes.

Aren't vanilla Fighters better at being archers than the Archer archetype?

That really pulsates my pistachios

Unless you can't hit them, in which case making them easier to hit is the best option. Hard to kill them faster if you're whiffing half your attacks.

And that's regardless of whether AC is lower or higher: 10% is 10%.

>All those feats
Basically requires you to play a fighter, huh?

I bet most GMs would waive that requirement if you told them you wanted the PrC but not the fluff that goes with it.

I think the fact that it's energy damage might help, beyond targeting EAC: do we know how prevalent DR will be? Have there been any signs in any previews of armor that provides DR at all?

Barbarian is meant to out damage. Its designed as the highest damaging martial in the game with next to no modification. So you can try adding other stuff to your roster. Specifically buffs and a magic item or two.

Then what's the point in the PrC if people don't follow the requirements? Why do you want to play a man when women are just as good?

Ranger/Slayer also works. Go 6 levels, get Shield Master, never need to worry about penalties with your shield.

>That spoiler

Like you would know, I've never played with a female archer in all my years and all my campaigns.

Women are better though, or do you think anyone actually uses the -4 Str as a houserule?

We just got a new Starfinder Blog post. This time, it's in regards to themes! I know a lot of you are interested in those.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljvk?Starfinder-Character-Themes

Same user asking another potentially stupid question.
If I wanted to add as many damage dice to a single greatbow shot as possible, what would I take?(aside from vital strike)
I'm envisioning somethin similar to 5e's divine smite where you can burn slots for extra damage dice, or something of the sort

Not really. It's 3 feats, and most PrCs require you to be 5th level to join anyways.

So I am building a human fighter, level 10. It looks like I'll have 12 feats to my name. I'm planning on building for archery.

Feats I'm Thinking Of:
>Point Blank Shot
>Deadly Aim
>Precise Shot
>Rapid Shot
>Many Shot
>Weapon Focus (Longbow)
>Weapon Specialization (Longbow)
>Point Blank Master
>Ranged Trip
>Ace Trip
>Ranged Disarm
>Ace Disarm

Am I missing anything? Should I switch anything out?

Always wear your demonic smith gloves for free fire on all attacks ever

The problem is the content of the feats, rather than the number of them. Particularly if you want to be some kind of archer.

I'd recommend looking up some in your free time. They look similar to the backs of MMA females, but there's a certain toning to it that you just can't achieve with anything other than archery

>Undercut Android woman with masculine face

What did Paizo mean by this?

I guess you're right, the constant hate spewed forth from this General towards anything with a penis taught me that.