The mist appears on some agri-world in the imperium, what happens?

The mist appears on some agri-world in the imperium, what happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/images/9/97/Brundlepenis.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Half a subsector starves, that's what.

The Imperial Guard shows up, destroys the creatures and a couple of days later everything is back to normal. I mean, that's what happened in the movie.

1d4chan.org/images/9/97/Brundlepenis.jpg

the what?

The old woman is killed for heresy immediately.

A few guard regiments have odd tasting food for a few days.

>what is google?

>The Imperial Guard shows up, destroys the creatures and a couple of days later everything is back to normal. I mean, that's what happened in the movie.
I know King liked the movie version better, but I preferred the book's ending.

I bet you could render that tentacle thing into a lot of starch and protein rations.

>I bet you could render that tentacle thing into a lot of starch and protein rations.
I bet that would be a really, really bad idea.

>we must cook it to denature the poisons /catachans

Kriegers think it tastes like chicken. There are no chickens left on Krieg though, so I wouldn't take their word for it.

Aren't these things extradimensional horrors from the space between universes in the original fiction?

Sounds like Xenos from the Warp to me, if not an outright Daemonic invasion. The Imperial Governor would have little choice but to Execute Request Order ADEPTUS ASTARTES ULTRA.

After a million tons of artillery, terawatts of orbital bombardment and some deatwatchers figuring out to make the thing in OP's pic swallow a melta charge, a lonely inquisitor goes on sending astropathic messages to all his coleagues:

>Told ya tyranids could be possessed. Who's the dunce now, Victor?

The answer:

>Shut up Klunner, not all monstruous xenos in the galaxy are chaos-tainted tyranids. In fact, none of them are. It is a perfectly normal warp surge bringing fauna from a death world, happens once very century.

The mist. It transports people to Barovia.

How was the book's ending different?

The Mist goes to Todash space though. While the creatures in it aren't overly threatening, the actual Mist itself has the danger of unleashing a force akin to the Chaos Gods.

Instead of shooting them they drive off and then main dude hears "Hartford" on the radio.

It ends unexplained. They get in the car after escaping the market and simply drive off into the mist.

They stop at the protag's house too, I think, and the acid rope spiders got there first.

From the synopsis it appears to be a Tyranid splinter fleet.

Everyone gets pulled into Todash Space and dies horrible deaths?

>They stop at the protag's house too, I think, and the acid rope spiders got there first.
That happens in the movie, too.

In the book, the Mist never lifts.

Catachans if it's not Chaos-related. Small Grey Knight expedition if it is. RIP all those farmers in the latter case.

I dunno, but I know what happens if it appears on a Forge World.

>People in charge assume it might be Chaos fuckery or a Warp Storm
>Call the big I
>They send some major overkill in, easily mop up, realize the creatures are just mundane (though dangerous) animals
>Some Ordo Xeno nigs get some guinea pigs to poke, planet returns to business as usual except for some Inquisition guys left around in case shit pops up again
>Local government is glad to hear it was just critters and not Chaos so they don't have to blow up an agri-world supplying them

Hmm...what is the difference between Todash and the Warp for the purposes of this discussion?

Todash space is the black emptiness between realities, but if the nothingness breaches reality in enough points, all of reality will collapse into the primordial chaos.

Mordentshire best domain btw

I mean, the mist is basically your bog standard Tyrannid and/or chaos incursion innit?

It's serious of course. But it's not like, the most fucked up thing to happen in the Imperium.

No, that would be the return of Emperor Gullibleman

Just another day for the Imperial Guard and a nice field trip for some Inquisitor.

I think both are good for their own reasons, but it's not hard to see why King liked the movie.

After all, while the movie had a bunch of strange monsters and the like, the big focus was on the humans and how they began to deteriorate in the face of the mist. So cementing the concept with finality really carries well.

Praise the Emperor and pass the prothemium!

It can't possibly be worse than a very minor warp portal and nowhere near a tyranid attack, so most possibly nothing to really give a fuck about in the imperium.

>tfw no more bullets

No, that's explicitly the mists, not the mist.

movie ending was nigger-tier compared to the book

That angle would leave you without a face, and very much alive.

book ending was nigger-tier compared to the movie
t. Stephen King

At that point he's not very coherent.

Wouldn't the bullet damage the frontal lobe though? Isn't that important?

I'm not good at brains.

Important for emotions, but not vital to the body.