Do you guys consider Roleplaying immature or cringy?

Do you guys consider Roleplaying immature or cringy?

*slams dick into ur mouth* BACK THE FUCK OFF!!?!?!?!?

nu-Veeky Forums probably thinks so.

I think calling something immature as though it's a negative is pretty immature

what is nu-Veeky Forums?
Telling someone that wearing diapers is immature, immature?

>Not having a diaper fetish

Not inherently , thats just what the players make it.

How would a mature group act? or what kinds of things they would NOT do?

I tjink the point that user was getting at is that judging others based on how similar things they do are to children is child like

People think roleplaying is good because they say it's fun

Cocaine smoking is fun, does that mean you should do it? In the middle of an RPG I thought it would be fun to get up and pull down my trousers and take a fat fucking shit all over the gaming table, burying my friend's miniatures under a torrent of fecal matter. That would have been amazingly fun! But did I do it? No. because "fun" is the reasoning of a fucking child. If you base whether or not you do something off of whether or not it is "fun" then you are a mental infant who is not fit to live in adult society.

Similarly, when you do things in an RPG because they are "fun" you are being a fucking asshole. "Well I'm going to destroy the believably of this campaign by letting Jonathan fly to the goddamn moon on his Jump check because he got a NATuRAL TWENTY and if anything else happens, well, that would be against the spirit of the game, which is to have FUN, right guys? Even if we are fucking over the entire story and destroying the point of playing an RPG, it's okay, because as long as we are having FUN with it, that makes it a good thing, right?"

That is what they sound like.

Of course its not. For christ sake theyre RPGs its what your supposed to do. I wouldnt be playing if all i was doing was rolling dice and declaring targets. I love getting into a character and thinking about how he would act when he has to make grave choices or when his will is tested

No to immature.

Sometimes to cringy.

Bad thread is bad, man, I gotta say

pic unrelated

I'd guess the part of Veeky Forums that is glad to see the questfags, ERPfags, and smutfags get their comeuppances. You can just feel the asspain coming off of

Spend real money on a fictional stock market

Nah it depends on the person doing it. Anything done with confidence is okay according to society so if you act like a sperglord you and your hobbies will be treated as such.

Are you retarded?

I can't even understand why people like you like this hobby or are even here.
>hur hur hur, people who like quests and roleplaying are all ERPfags and erotic writers

ERPfags are a plague though.

Sure, altough they should just be contained because what they are doing is not morally wrong, just not pleasant to most other people.
It's like furries honestly, I have nothing against them but they have a tendency to post about their fetish everywhere if you don't force them to hide it outside their furries websites.

Containment wasn't working. They spread their "Fetish; Wat do?" bullshit all over the board.

>immature people are actually fun!
No, fun people are fun. Immaturity just means you're a manchild niggerfaggot.

When I was a teen/early twenties I was always interested in warhammer and roleplay; but I didn't have the courage to do it.

Now as an adult (I'm 28 but don't feel like I matured until 27) and after a few acid trips which made me face my insecurities I realized how insecure I was. I stopped worrying about being judged and started to be myself; I got into 40k table top after years of reading lore but never collecting miniatures; I started being open about reading comics and I stopped trying to fit in.

If you wanna roleplay; do it, it's probably fun and I wish I knew people who were down for that shit too.

Actors get paid to do what we do for fun. I don't see how I can make that comparison and still call it "cringey."

But not everything "fun" is toxic though altough fun =/= good.
There is nothing with roleplaying because it's not inherently toxic or bad like the things you describe, and some groups enjoy it.

Who gives a fuck what people enjoy? It still happened. That's what happened in the game. Your character died being stabbed by goblins. That's it. Not everything has to be a fucking Polaroid moment. Stop thinking that the second that something stops being exciting and oh-so-interesting that you need to inject some shit to spice it up. Because god forbid there's a slow moment in your roller-coaster of a game. For fucks sake, man, it's an RPG, not a Die Hard action thriller. If your memorable game events are all manufactured bullshit they aren't going to have much worth. It's one thing to have your character drive a burning tank through a wall using the smoke pouring from it to give his soldiers cover to cross the road and march to victory, in a fucking freeform game where nothing has any grounding. It's quite another when you actually pull it off within the rules, instead of ignoring them for something more "memorable" that isn't actually memorable, it's just hollow bullshit that you made up.

I'll wait for you to respond with "lmao rpgs are all hollow made-up bullshit so it doesn't matter" just to prove you don't care about these games, only about getting your way so you can post your epic story on /r/rpg for upvotes.

Fuck off retard.

WTF is even roleplaying for you? why are you even sperging out about people ignoring the rules or freeform games?

>Literal Autism: the post

Just remember that Quests existed to keep this shit out people

Oops. Meant to reply toSorry about that.

How is that he fault of the Quests? heck I'm almost sure he hates them too.

If all you care about is fun then you are not playing Dungeons and Dragons anymore. Full stop. You are no longer playing D&D or even really an RPG.

If you can't even follow the rules the majority of the time, then what the fuck are you doing? Go play goddamn Cards Against Humanity or some shit. That's a game better befitting the kind of ADHD edgelord garbage that you need to sustain yourself. What kind of fucking player are you, that the only way you can justify what you are doing, is that it is "fun"??

Where did that post say that all questfags are ERPfags? It just says that the so called nu-Veeky Forums is anti-quest, anti-ERP, and anti-smut.

You are either baiting or projecting so much that you just look at some words and sprouts out some barely related autism.
What you are talking about it is not even roleplaying.

He's the one talking about quets, erps and smuts in a thread about roleplaying.

That depends on the context and the performance.

Where are you getting that these guys aren't playing the games by the rules?

>what is nu-Veeky Forums?
"newfags ruining the board"
Usage of "nu-" is a good sign of someone who's capable only of bitching and shitposting

oh look, Virt is back

Anyone that makes big deal about being mature is someone that is immature.

virt never left. He's just been forced to post as user. Just go and look at his tumblr.

>Cocaine smoking

>what is nu-Veeky Forums?
The people who have been on Veeky Forums since 2007 and dislike all the newfag /pol/tards that have shown up in the past two years.

I watched a real play on youtube and when the players were introducing their characters one guy decided to spend 5 minutes narrating a scene like it was from a book with multiple people interacting and shit. That was fucking gay.

Tell me how you really feel.

Where the hell are you getting that people don't "follow the rules" when they play RPGS you fucking sperglord? Guess what autismo, the biggest rule about RPGS is that you fucking HAVE FUN! Hell, it's even in the goddamn name! Role Playing Game. You are playing a role in a fantasy setting your own design! it's not meant to be "realistic", or nitty gritty number crunching, with a bunch of dudes sitting at table doing fuck-all. It's about having fun, and playing a role different from your real-life self, and if you can't accept that then just go play fucking FATAL. Maybe that'll suit the little no-fun, rule-mongering boner you have going on

Let me guess, you're a Gygax fanboy.

Gygax was a fucking cocksucker who didn't know shit. If he lived today he'd probably run FATE where everyone died in one hit. Killing off characters to make his erect peener feel big, was the only reason he DMed. You can tell this if you read his books, he got off on being all big and powerful because it was the only way he could feel good in his dead-end fucking job and life. He was a fucking awful Dungeon Master, the Tomb of Horrors should be enough evidence of that. I don't know why anyone uses "Gygax did it" as an argument for anything. That's like "lol well Mussolini did it so it can't be that bad" while unironically slobbering at his grave. Just stop. Just fucking stop. Nothing Gygax did is special, he was just in the right place at the right time. He invented D&D which is now unequivocally one of the shittiest RPGs out there, yet still survives due to brand recognition and hordes of normies and roasties who don't know any better because D&D is the only RPG they know of.

Do not ever use Gygax in an argument again. Not only is it ethos-based bullshit which is not an argument because this is not a goddamn debate about a higher field of learning, but also he was a fucking terrible RPG player, a control-freak of a DM who pretty much singlehandedly created the meme of adversarial Dungeon Master, and sounds like a huge douchebag to boot. He did not know shit about DMing or storytelling and if you use that as a justification to cheat at your own game, retcon shit, and fudge rolls, just because YOU, a shitty dungeon master just like your worthless hero, cannot structure a game or adventure properly, then you are the lowest fucking form of human scum and I feel sorry for anyone who gets invested in any campaign you run.

>The people who have been on Veeky Forums since 2007 and dislike all the newfag /pol/tards that have shown up in the past two years.

No, nu/tg/ are the Reddit fags who have infested this board for some months now, killing every form of discussion with their own childish inanity.

Only if random people were watching, I'd probably get a bit self-conscious. But the only time I felt cringey among friends was when I had to roleplay a romantic dinner as a female NPC with one of my players who took her out for politicking. But we laughed it off.

fucking sperg

incorrect

correct

nu is a prefix stolen from the phrase "nu-male" used to describe dysfunctional sissies and male feminist agenda pushers, who while doing so think that it will get them pussy.

Its the polar opposite of /pol/ and oldfags.

the reason his characters were powerful were because they were fucking heroes. they were inherently meant to be special. that's what he liked in fantasy, and if that's what a person likes, then so be it! there's nothing wrong with it. sperging as hard as you are over something like that is actual autism, even if you're baiting, because you'd be retarded either way.

where the fuck did you even come up with the Mussolini comparison? i'm at a loss of words to describe my reaction to that statement. are you really that angry at a Veeky Forums post that you can't even think about whatever shit you're writing, and pull whatever out of your ass?

>pepe reaction with tumblr filename
you kind of don't have any right to talk about Reddit, infestation or childish inanity

I'm not a fan of acting out voices or speaking in first person. I like developing a story or describing the basics of what happens and leaving everything else to the imagination of the interviews at the table.

"My alchemist guy is fine with giving your guy the potion, if the price is right. No way is he handing it out for free."

VS

"Teehee, well mighty warrior I guess you'll just have to make it worth my while!" *giggle/snort/fart*

Describing what exactly what your character and says verbatim isn't cringe. Trying to actually act it out is, in my opinion.

>/pol/ revisionism

Nah it's the first one

Nah dude roleplaying's lit

If you really care what other people think of what you do for fun, so long as you aren't hurting anyone, then the problem lies with you. It's okay to like things and to enjoy things.

This. Treat it like a novel, not a play. Even movies don't show every scene of a character doing something. "I go to the general store and negotiate for a good deal on a laser pistol." Done.

It's true.

Nu-males are fucking shit.

>nu is a prefix stolen from the phrase "nu-male" used to describe dysfunctional sissies and male feminist agenda pushers, who while doing so think that it will get them pussy.
>Its the polar opposite of /pol/ and oldfags.
/pol/acks are not somehow alphas and/or oldfags just because they like to say that anyone they dislike is a nu-male cuck.

Acting out characters with accents and shit can be fun though. I mean, don't stand up and start making movements and doing a dance routine, but speaking with flair and as a character isn't bad, for both players and DMs.

>Holy shit such autism

I didn't think the situation had gotten this bad. You literally typed up this ridiculously long rant about me being a "Gygax fanboy" in response your own retardation, and autism. You might want to calm down there my friend , you might give yourself a heart attack, or wait don't. I don't particularly care.

I consider it fun.

What are we even arguing about ITT?

>t. nu-male

It's not used for just anyone they dislike.

Male feminist vaginas who peddle the same kill-all-men ideology that bitches on Tumblr do just so they feel like they have a chance at getting laid are indeed nu-males.

Calling a beta-orbiting cuck a beta-orbiting cuck doesn't mean you yourself are somehow an alpha or oldfag, it just means you're calling that beta-orbiting cuck a beta-orbiting cuck.

Yeah but /pol/acks are certainly not the opposite of it.
I think you fell for some basic rhetoric. (X group is bad so if we hate it as the Y group then we are good and the opposite of X while everyone we don't like is X)

Unfortunately the only other options for an image to convey my annoyance would not be suitable for this board, and would result in an instant-ban and thread death or they would be 40k faggotry.

Nothing really, these folks are just trying to fun police each other for some reason

Why are /pol/acks bad then? Instead of people always saying lol /pol/ or /pol/tard it'd be cool if they explained why exactly they say such things, what they mean, and what's so bad about it.

>t. retard

Many /pol/acks are certainly stretching the definition of nu-males though.

>Everything is /pol/'s fault WAHHHHHHHH

Kindly consume liquid nitrogen and die a horrible screaming death, you worthless drain on resources.

because they constantly shitpost in different boards about redpilling people to fight their imaginary fights. I don't give a shit about le latest hollywood brainwashing menace to destroy the western world or how videogames having bad writing means that the future is ashes and dust.

Just like nu-males /pol/fags identify some asinine trash as a glorious cause that they have to fight for on the internet, mostly by shilling their macros on everyone being in on the jewish agenda

No one but /pol/ is pretending there has been some Reddit invasion recently.
It's just part of some outright lie about oldfags all agreeing with /pol/ and anyone disliking /pol/ being literally from Reddit and Tumblr.

>Hahaha yeah those retarded /pol/ kids. /pol/acks are as bad as SJWS man, they're a bunch of problematic sexist transphobes! Hahahha, so cool. I bet they're all virgins, but that's okay because only women should decide if men have sex. In fact, women should run everything, except for black men. I hate being white, but I'm glad I'm not a /pol/ack, those cis scums are just as bad as SJWS xD Glad I won this fight online and proved SJWS and anti-SJWS are equally bad, especially when the latter are sexist Trump-voting homophobes.

best threads on any board are the ones that reveal what utter garbage the board subject is about

fighto

>stupid frog poster
>unironic greentext
I bet you post on Veeky Forums too

The darkside of tabletop rpg

I'll get some mileage out of this one.

How to summon a greater fart elemental.

>biggest rule about RPGS is that you fucking HAVE FUN! Hell, it's even in the goddamn name! Role Playing Game
Ah, now I get it. You and those like you are simply illiterate buffoons. Poor summer child, go learn to read.

Roleplaying is quite literally in the name of the genre. If I just wanted to roll dice and do math I'd play craps or do a worksheet or smth.

Modern Veeky Forums does.
Hell, they actively work to kick out roleplaying from Veeky Forums because it was too cringy.

>shitpost frog
You can tell a post is a shitpost if they use the shitpost frog.
It is an invention of the shitpost boards, and used exclusively by shitposters.

No, but I have heard that argument on the mouth of some more harpy like girlfriends.

An adult earns the right to enjoy his hobbies, for they are his release from adulthood. The endless drudgery and toil of responsibility and duty. Of being a wage slave cog in a machine so vast and complicated no one knows where it begins or ends.

I earned the right to enjoy my "childish" hobbies when I sacrificed my innocence in the name of survival and a wage.

I'll be damned if a self-entitled sociopath throws shade at me for enjoying my life when and where I can, when her version of high entertainment is watching the kardashians be fucking muppets on camera.

I'll only reply to you, but whenever a post autism charts that high, just google it.
Shit is burnt pasta.

Rectally Ravaged Questfag detected.

Way to instantly prove his point.

"Is only on Veeky Forums for the That Guy threads and complains about OC and worldbuilding"fag detected.

>saying im an asshole makes you an asshole, too!

Naw, get that shit out of here you little baby.

I don't think it's any more immature than playing video games or being a cinephile. It only becomes immature if it takes priority over other responsibilities, self care and basic decency to others.
>Playing Halo, liking Halo, being happy when you win matches and curseing when you lose, that in itself is fine
>Throwing a tantrum when you lose that upsets the lives of your roommate/parents/partner, that's immature
>Not paying rent or picking your kids up from school because you are too busy gaming is immature.
>Playing Halo with your friend's nephew and talking about how what great guy Halo is is totally cool
>Calling your friend's nephew a 'casual cuck' for liking Metroid is probably not

You can be the biggest weeb in the world so long as you can have civil interactions with normal people and provide for yourself and your family (if you have one)
You can like blue stake, fine cigars and the works of Tolstoy but if those interests get in the way of the needs of yourself and others then you're just as immature as any basement dweller.

Anything can be mature as long as it's incorporated into a properly balanced life. Same deal for table-top games.

>it's another "/pol/ vs everyone else" thread
Get out of the fucking basement for 10 fucking minutes you all.

I must be the only one tjat on some level agrees with the autistic rant.

Sure fun is important, but not at the expense of the integrity of gameplay.

Just my two cents. The candor of posts is over the top sure, but if every moment is epic than no moment is.

astronauts and nascar drivers wear diapers

We roleplay all the time irl, we just don't know that

Which is insane, seeing as /pol/ is infested with /r/theDonald posters.