Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Friendly reminder that Starfinder martials are still objectively inferior to casters and that Paizo doesn't give a shit about C/MD.

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Last Session:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1WdtrZCESRmVfljXY196wMrMLTnS8Uzk4DEk3oQdVZok/edit?hl=en_US
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
discord.gg/3vsVM
discord.gg/n4e2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Paizo is literally the worst. More 3pp stuff!

So for my character in JttW I've nearly settled on a Prophet (Perform (Tea Ceremony) instead of Perform (Dance)) Covetous cursed Intrigue mystery Oracle | Geisha Demagogue Bard.

I'm thinking of switching out Demagogue for Celebrity, but my overall ability to support falls because I no longer have Inspire Courage, but then again I'm a celebrity.

What do you guys think? Demagogue or Celebrity?

>Friendly reminder that Starfinder martials are still objectively inferior to casters and that Paizo doesn't give a shit about C/MD.
We literally don't know that, though. Until we get the damn game in hand, we literally have no idea.

>Prophet (Perform (Tea Ceremony) instead of Perform (Dance)) Covetous cursed Intrigue mystery Oracle | Geisha Demagogue Bard

The fug. How many books did it take to stitch this chimera together.

Reminder that only celeb apps will get into Ensoulment.

l
o
l

>implying that Starfinder isn't a bottle of shit.

So I'm finally gonna be able to use my favorite barbarian character again for side stuff my GM agreed to because I unfortunately had to leave very early on in the campaign and couldn't rejoin

What kinda zany stuff could a fighter girl get up to if she's a level 3 in Shattered Star, and left the main party to pursue her own interests? Assuming she's still in Magnimar and such? Any ideas I could take to my GM, anons?

But the real question is which celebs.

There's many with schedules that don't fit together. Like Broodie and fucking... Everybody.

Prophet comes from Inner Sea Intrigue (I asked the GM if I could switch out the normal Perform Dance for Perform Tea Ceremony). Covetous came out of Legacy of Dragons. Intrigue came out of ultimate intrigue. Demagogue and Geisha both come from Ultimate Magic.

>Intrigue
This kills the Isao.

Reminder that nobody cares

Fucking Startoad man

I doubt there'll even be enough compatible celebs even if that were true.

Speaking of JttW, have there been any big changes to characters that swayed any opinions? Enough for a new summary shitpost yet? Any new standouts, good or bad?

Someone explain this to me, what about it exactly is so shit?

Has DHB's final edit of Jericho gotten a review? Can someone give me a summary of his final version? I don't want to read the text wall.

Flat-Footed in Starfinder is just a -2 penalty to AC which doesn't even enable sneak attacks.

Spending a standard action for a chance at -2 to AC for a round is horrid.

Cute guy that needs a hug

It boils down to "+2 to hit for one round", it has its uses but there are better ways to improve accuracy

>cute
y tho?

Who likes jorts and BBQ here?

Is a melee oracle viable?
What's a good spread for them at 25PB?

Anyone able to summarise the Golden Chalice apps?

Cause he's a snek and can show emotions.

I like BBQ and Jorts if they're on a cute girl, why do you ask?

I don't get this bullshit, why is showing emotions a good trait?

docs.google.com/document/d/1WdtrZCESRmVfljXY196wMrMLTnS8Uzk4DEk3oQdVZok/edit?hl=en_US

How do I get my initiative as low as possible?

>why is a character who is able to show emotions a good thing

:thinking:

quickest way I know of is to be nonproficient with full plate and a tower shield and just wear those. Should be like a -20 to your initiative

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs

What if it's a gnoll

I really want you to kill yourself, holy shit.

For fucks sake Rory, just give it a rest.

True, that in addition I would say.
Thats why its "debate". Intelligent people can have disagreements and still work together.
CCC, Niccolo, Ortzi, Varius, Sibyl, Spidget.

Rotate one or two out with one of the better generic heroes like Derrin or Matheo.

There. Every situation will be approached with contemplative discussion leading into carefully considered action, fully appreciating whatever complex, roleplay heavy obstacles Protag has laid out.

You don't think Aurelia will get in? I think if she gets finished she actually has excellent 'meme' potential if you will

Niccolo's getting outright scrapped.

No, I actually find that disgusting.

Not him but I think Aurelia is dead just due to schedule. Even if she turns out to be the strongest single app by the end of things, I imagine there'll be some combination of great apps incompatible with her.

>thinking Jericho won't get in
shit taste desu

Also Jericho, at least in his last edit, both has a vision and is analyzing that vision. He's perfect for debate club.

Possible. Like I said I could be underestimating the (real)meme potential.

Fair point.

Did Paizo fire everyone and hire entirely new people? If not then yeah, we already know martials will suck.

If only we hadn't driven the devs away

Oh, havent reread it in a while.

I was just throwing out a rough idea to give an idea of what I think the team will look like, not trying to pass judgment.

Show's he's a real human (snek)!

>that in addition
No. That's the main thing. It's not going to be a "debate" in the sense you're thinking of.
Ortzi has no philosophy to speak of. I'm not sure I can trust you.

This gnoll poster is too eloquent for it to be Rory

>spidget
Wow.

Why not just switch out CCC for Pepe while we're at it?

>That realization that PFG became PGG to avoid threads dying
>And they still die

Glad I got out when I did.
I was foolish, following the trends when I had picked it up.
I knew well of the 3.5 boogieman, and sought to avoid it.
Little did I know that pathfinder was the boogieman I feared in a suit, and that suit slowly came off until I realized what it hid.

I do not hate my time with pathfinder, however I do not wallow in the fields of filth it has become. Instead I have moved forward, looking for greener pastures.
The same fate may befall me again, I may pick up an RPG that ends up being the same boogieman I steer clear of. But I would rather take that chance than remain close to the object of my hatred, allowing others the freedom to stay in their filthy fields if they so wish.

I will not force nor berate those who stay with pathfinder, or any other similar games, I only ask that you keep your eyes to the horizon rather than where you stand, for you never know what you might see if you look.

Is about as retarded though.

Spidgets a good app with a dumb name.
Have you reread his app recently? Honestly its probably the weekest on that team though, probably one of the ones to get replaced by an obligatory generic hero.

I'm just trying to find my friend here who appreciates !Vegas

Then take it to the fucking discord Jesus christ

>Have you reread his app recently?
It's definitely a step up from his Drifters days, but it's still very incomplete philosophy-wise.

What do you think I'm trying to do ffs

Ortzi's explicitly notes his lack of a philosophy or goal. He's just a weaker Matheo, and Matheo ain't even ready for presentation.

He'll make a good NPC.

That's a refreshingly different list than I usually see.

I'll set up a Discord ID in about an hour. Just getting ready for my own game right now.

Wait so you don't have a Discord?

Magnimar? Very nice place to raise a proper ruckus, especially for such a strong young woman such as her. Personally? There aren't too many quests she could do, but the place is famous for being maximum comfy so maybe she could find a tavern and raise a little hell. She's Shoanti, and they're Varisians; you're the tough, frightening yet exotically alluring warrior-princess they hear horror stories about. Play that up!

Nope. One of the other GMs was encouraging us to do so, I will now.

discord.gg/3vsVM

Disregard this link. Screw you, Darn Tootin', I'm trying to network with my fellow gnollposters here.

discord.gg/n4e2Q

Quick, someone go into the gnollposter discord and post their IDs, so we can fucking exile them.

CCC, Niccolo, Derrin, Ceraphine, Jericho, and Sibyl would be my pick for team P H I L O S O P H Y.

The group generally boils down to:

Contemplative - CCC (Ambitious), Niccolo (Academic)

Dynamic - Derrin (Progressive), Jericho(Conservative)

Empathetic - Ceraphine (Stalwart), Sibyl (Flexible)

Each character has a foil with a similar base philosophy, but a vastly different approach to it. It not only gives rise to philosophical waxing between the those with vastly differing viewpoints, but also debate between those who only differ in a few ways. With this setup, the characters get to express both the broad strokes and the nuances of their beliefs; while still keeping the party from fragmenting.

see

I'm phone posting while taking care of stuff. I'll join you guys in about 20 minutes.

Well... I mean, what's that gonna accomplish? I'm not on the pgg Discord and don't wanna go there.

So...

Heh.

I like that idea! Especially since she happens to be a bloodrager with... Charisma, so to speak. Maybe I could find a quest in a tavern! Or something. The main party she split off from is currently level eleven so that might change some things up in terms of what quests she can go on

We can keep you out of games.

Why, and how do you know this, are you his writer?

Rory got in my Discord. He said he was angry you guys kept saying he's gnollposting when he's not. He wants you to stahp.

Just STAHP.

Poster of the previous list here. This list is much better, good job.

I saw him talking about it a little while ago after he finally realized the raw truth that SoM sucks.

Love you

Uhm... If you think so, okay, haha.

Rory is that you? (I still don't know who's 'Rory' honestly)

He can change the class without scrapping the character

You know what could stop that.

IF YOU DON'T FUCKING GNOLLPOST YOU ANNOYING TWAT.

He said he was interested in a different character.

That's rich coming from a guy posting about his cabal. We're just talking about a fantasy race here, gnolls ain't exactly private stuff.

Wait a minute... How did you even get the reputation for gnollposting, anyway?

That's disheartening, I quite liked him.

Then replace Niccolo with... Varius, I suppose? Maybe Giancarlo.

The contemplative and unambitious slot is hard to fill with the current crop of apps, but very important for this group to remain balanced.

I'M NOT RORY EITHER YOU GODDAMN RETARD

THOUGH I GUESS YOU HAVE THAT IN COMMON WITH RORY, YOU FUCKING MORON.

Not even Rory likes these fags lmao

>How did you even get the reputation for gnollposting
Asking the real questions here

>gnollposters are so bad even Rory hates them

Actual legends.

Varius is pretty good yeah. I think hed fill the slot fine.

Reaaaally

Reaaaaaaaaaaaally?

YES REALLY.

FUCKS SAKE I DON'T EVEN POST LIKE RORY

>he shifts blame of his reputation on people that talk about something related to the thread
What a thin skin this Rory guy's got.

Definitively not getting +2AC. Definitively not a gnollposter.

But that's exactly what Rory would say!

>he still thinks i'm Rory

Are you actually retarded? Does gnollposting immediately make you a fucking dumbass.

I'm Rorycus!

Yes. I'm retarded. I'm a gnollposter.

Heh.

NO I AM RORYCUS!

Rory-paranoia is my favorite meme

Gnolls were a mistake.

>he thinks so much revolves around him that we got to give a shit people attribute our posting to him.
Bruh.

Rory was the real mistake

Fuck it. I'm going to filter "Gnoll" too.