What are good names for a not! anglo-french kingdom? "Pure" (?) french and english names do not really fit

What are good names for a not! anglo-french kingdom? "Pure" (?) french and english names do not really fit.

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Tactics_random_names
youtube.com/watch?v=dVXRYlAKI0A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Albibong

Santa teresita de la madre del corazon de jesus

might get away with it if it's "gaulbong," or maybe "bongael" or something.

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Tactics_random_names

Smuggia la smug

Just call it Anjou and be done with it.

Angljou?

The adjective from Anjou is Angevin, I'll let you figure out what it's linked to in history.

I vote for 'Crecain' myself.

Chalon, the adjective is Chalesian.

You could try something a bit ominous for a name. Some thing like "À Côté d'Inconnu" which is literally just "Beside the Unknown"

Start playing Battlebrothers, there are a fuckton off cool german names for kingsdoms, villages, citys and other stuff. Also a great game.

Ladyknights'Are'Not'Real

If the nation was founded by settlers from elsewhere, you could go with [...]land. Replace [...] with some feature of flora, fauna, geography or climate common to the area. "Firland" perhaps?

Gaulbion

I like this one.

Lorreland, Lorrish

>turboplate
>has a shield
[triggered]

Also

>What are good names for a not! anglo-french kingdom?
England.

I'm STILL mad that John Lackland couldn't even bother to stay alive long enough for Louis the Lion to consolidate his reign over England and unite both crowns. This is why we can't have nice things.

Use english for fast, informal, war stuff and French for slow, formal, courtly stuff.
first/catholic/christian name: France was catholic so use biblical and saint names.
"... is my middle name.": anglo-saxon short war-names (
Family name: main family name anglified version and formal french version
(english-war) French-formal extension to family name: location (du lac ...; their families estates military location data)

Jim John O'Houlihan's Trans-Siberian House of Ribs.

Phhh no such thing.

>Spareribs drenched in mint sauce
>Escargot-stuffed scones
>Shepherd's pie with sheepbrains
>Black pudding crème brûlée
>Baguette-toast sandwich
>Fermented grape tea
Absolutely disgusting

>Fermented grape tea
That sound delicious
Like warm, mulled wine

Frank/Francois wouldn't be called Frank unless it you were upset enough to think of dueling him or needed his attention for an emergency.
"Frank!"
"Yeah, what?"
"Duel." or "The mill is being attacked. Let's go."

How does Angleterre not fit?

You could try:
>Inglaterra
>Inghilterra
>Inlatirra
>Angliya
>Sasainn

>French is the only Latin language that has a name for England that sounds nice
France confirmed for true heir of Rome. Will Italy ever recover?

Albion.

Crell Monferaigne

Brettonia

How about Franglia. Nice mix without excluding either one. Yeah it's a bit simplistic but if you trace it back far enough most European countries just mean "the people" or "all us cool dudes" or something.

Ophiacre
Arcarone
Jouvence
Tulipe
Serephin
Himélion

This, Anjou or the Angevin empire, like the real life version

Just going to leave this here for further reference in case it gets brought up:
youtube.com/watch?v=dVXRYlAKI0A

I actually think Bongaul works. Sounds a bit too much like Bengal though.

Gaultic

Eternal Anglion

>How about Franglia
Frangleterre or bust.

I'd rather Frangermany.

Reminds me too much of Fraggles desu

Bojaul?

>Based Matt manages to remain based even when I disagree with him
That comparison to the indians is pretty flawed though. A more accurate comparison would be something like this:
>In the 1830s Texas joins the United States, but regains much internal autonomy (much like other states)
>Over a period of 200 years, they become influenced by American culture both through immersion and internal migration/intermarriage
>In 2030, the governor of Texas begins an illegal invasion of Mexico and gets himself crowned Emperor of Mexico
>He takes an entire class of Texans (and various other Americans) with him to become part of his administration and maintains English as the language of the administrative class
>By 2500 Mexico's culture has been thoroughly changed, with the majority of the population speaking some weird Anglo-Spanish patois

Was this an "American" invasion in the sense that it was sanctioned by the president? Of course not. Was this an invasion by "Americans"? Certainly.