/cyoag/ - CYOA General [Shameless Self Promotion Edition]

Resources n' Shit: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Last Thread:

>Last Thread:
oops

Hmm... Hadn't considered that just yet. I mean Scarlatina mentions having plastered your face all over her walls and Suri's been watching you for a couple weeks.
I think it's fair to say that the ones who don't know what you look like will at least be able to sense you and tell who you are when they see you.
Because Zodiac Magic.
I like it!
Hope it all works out for you, user!

Left Door

Right Door

I just noticed the typo.
>. . . accepting the alchemist's off will . . .
That "off" there should be "offer".

Fuck.
This bitch is filled with typos.
I'll probably go through again after I finish the thing I'm making with Celt.

Having a strange feeling today...

The first time I saw Scarlatina, I felt she was a typical boring yandere, so I ignored her.

The second time I saw her, I honestly thought that, of all the brides, she alone needed to die in order for me to have a happy life with my waifu afterward.

Today, however, I think again. I ask myself if I have treated her unjustly, that her fearful passion is simply her writing too strongly, that in truth she could be the kind of person I can live with, even the one who would be the best waifu for me.

But do I risk it? If I choose her now despite my earlier convictions, I know that one day the truth will come out and she will know that I once thought she ought to die. Would she forgive such a sin? Is it right to reconsider my choice of waifu?

Mm. Noticed some more on other pages, but mang. Such a hassle to list them all out.

>No mom cyoa

Only time will, user.
Scorpios are intense and all about emotions, romance, and sex. I should know, I am one.
I'm sure she wouldn't hold it against you.
Your hers now and that's all that matters. If enough time has passed, she may even laugh it off and say she doesn't blame you.
She can actually be fairly chill when she's content and has gotten what she wants.
I know, I'm sorry.
Like I said, I'll try to go through it thoroughly once I finish what I'm working on now and attempt to fix all I see.
I'll also try to fix that bit about B-03 increasing your lifespan since it doesn't help when it's just a temporary thing until you get your full powerset.

Obviously the only reasonable choice is to catch them all.
If any of them have any problems, you should just dick them hard enough for them to reconsider.

>Leona
ironic

ZBG, is there anything (other than the fact that the Brides are all more powerful than you starting out) preventing you from killing all twelve and ascending to the throne without a Bride?
The Mystery Boxes don't count, given that they just provide you with additional options.

I just want to dissolve the Houses and end this needless division, uniting Zodiac under the absolute rule of the King.

I've honestly spent way too much time thinking about this:

>take B-02, M-06, and S-09
>learn illusion magic as fast as I can before the war.
>create a massive illusion in front of the moon so that it's never full.
>war is stalled
>keep learning magic
>eventually the jig is up
>everyone is mad at me
>don't pick any brides to ally with
>everyone is mad at me
>before war starts, go out to the open plains where no one is around
>As soon as war starts, point a big illusion arrow above my head, visible from all directions for miles
>wait
>wait
>one by one, they'll show up.
>as soon as I see them, place a gun to my head.
>tell them I'll explain once they're all here. If someone kills anyone before then, I'll shoot myself in the fucking head.
>They're all like "Oh, fuck, if this guy dies, Zodiac will probably crash into the old earth and destroy everything.
>Everyone is mad at me
>Hopefully they all agree to that shit, because I'll fucking do it. I'm not in a good enough mental place where people can kill each other over me.
>Hopefully they're all sitting there, alive.
>I explain how upset I am that they took me out of my old life on earth to make me play favorites while they murder each other. This whole tradition is fucking insane.
>Here's how it's gonna be: Any of them can marry me if they want; I don't care. I don't know any of them, one page of writing and a picture isn't enough to make that decision. And you can all share me.
>And we're all gonna be grown-ups and no one is going to kill each other to marry me because if you think that's a good idea, you can't be in charge of anything.
>I don't know what they do next
>possibly everyone is mad at me

>I think it's fair to say that the ones who don't know what you look like will at least be able to sense you and tell who you are when they see you.
well, that's stealth out of the window
probably just demand that my neighborhood or at least house be exempt from the whole war thing, in that case

1/3

>I don't know what they do next
Sex

2/3

"Nothing turns us on more than a crazy guy with a gun to his head."

3/3

Now with reduced file size.

First of all, there is nothing stopping you from building your harem and being absolute ruler forever/changing the system after becoming king.

If you don't have any interest in waifus, I don't even get why you would bother with a waifu cyoa. Just seems kind of pointless.

Are you the creator? I posted some more corrections here

Adding to what he said, the powers section is rather minimal, so... The main draw really is the waifu section of the CYOA. I mean, go ahead and fantasize about being king after killing all your would-be wives, but since you'll be getting all the powers listed and at an even more powerful level, there really aren't many customization possibilities.

Powered Hull Plates, does the last sentence end half way thro?

There's nothing wrong, is there? It's just saying that the maximum amount of damage it can absorb is equal to how much of it you bought. So if you only bought it once, it can only take 1 toughness point worth of damage, with its maximum bonus being equal to the ship's own natural durability.

Lunar Cruiser is so expensive that after filling the weapon slots, you can barely afford anything else.

For me, that part takes away from the whole thing, since it doesn't matter "who wins" because you end up ascending to god-hood anyway.

Also, if you're immortal from being king, why are there other previous kings? What happened there?

All that said, Zodiac Guy, I love this shit, it's the best CYOA I've seen in a while.

"Split damage 1-1 between power-plates and hull until the bonus from the plates."

bonus from the plates what

Some of them just will themselves to die. The ones who didn't just decided to step away from it all and do their own thing.

Are there any CYOAs that AREN'T complete shit?

The bonus.
>Increase Hull Toughness by 1
Buy it multiple times to increase the bonus even more to a maximum of what your ship's base toughness is, essentially doubling it in the end.

Go outside?

Excellent question. Unfortunately none have dared to find the answer lying deep within the depths of evil known as The Archives, for there is much shit to be found there. Perhaps you will be the first to recover a good CYOA from that wretched place, if you so dare.

>killing all twelve and ascending to the throne without a Bride
I mean... not technically, but Jesus user...
Way to take the most drastic course of action imaginable...
>pic related
Daaaaaamn user. You seriously ain't having none of this shit, huh?
Also, they'll know what phase the moon is in regardless of how convincing your illusion is.
Really like the idea though, so I'll let you have it.
You could probably still stealth about.
They'll have an idea you're nearby, but they won't be able to know exactly where until they have eyes on you.
Only Scarlatina.
This guy knows what's up.
The Elixirs are mainly there to add a bit more to the CYOA.
I was considering making a sequel/DLC where you customize how you rule and what you do with the power.
>why are there other previous kings? What happened there?
I addressed this a while ago, but since of them are multiple thousands of years old, they either chose to die or stepped down from the Throne and decided to just live out in the middle of nowhere to have a sort of quiet retirement.
Also, I love you too, user! I hope you like my future projects just as much.

Please put on a tripcode so I can filter you.

>and what you do with the power.
What do you mean? That'd be nice.

Have this, you big babies

Please put on your own.

Hey, so you've probably been asked this before, but what would YOU do in your CYOA?

space cop = best cop

Lance batteries are pretty accurate on long ranges. That is the advantage they have over macro batteries.

I might be forced to murder an elf who has seen too much.

None of the Brides seem capable of taking you out if you have Vitality. Of course, they could drop a building on you but other than that.

I guess Vitality, Beauty, Skill could work? Spend the time leading to war training up your charisma and arguments. Then during war wrestle the girls until you get a solid hold, only the elf seems like she could be immune to arm lock. Then just let full body contact, pheromones and sweet talking to convince them to come with you.

I think switching Vitality for Grace would be more effective since it would allow you to get to the girls faster and you could probably put them in hold before they could react but it's risker tactic since single ricochet could take you out.

Are you planning on doing other 40k cyoas?

You spelled Time cop wrong.

>None of the Brides seem capable of taking you out if you have Vitality. Of course, they could drop a building on you but other than that.
I believe they win if they take out all the other Brides. So taking you out isn't really as important as being the last one standing.

Then don't do that ya dummy.

Yes but, "Until the bonus from the hull plates" is an incomplete sentence. Until the bonus does what. It should probably just say something like, "Split damage 1:1 between power-plates and the hull."

Also it might be nice to be able to buy a power-source upgrade since almost nobody is ever going to be able to actually double their hull strength with power-plates.

user, if a girl has seen all the sick shit you're into and not only is fine with it, but still thinks you're a sexy beast and her dream husbando, then she's a fucker keeper.

Change the phrase to "until the hull plates bonus" or "up to the hull plates bonus". Does it make sense to you if it's like that?

FYI, I'm not the author.

>she's a fucker keeper

There's a joke about trapper keepers somewhere in there, I'm sure of it.

I think it's fairly reasonable to expect people to be able to figure out that the power-plates can't prevent more damage than the number of times they've been bought. It might need to be phrased like that.

Thanks. Hopefully that's most of them. Now I have to wonder if my grammar has always been that bad or it's just because I'm rushing to get something out after getting sick of looking at it.

I've edited that. It should be a bit more clear now.

It's supposed to be expensive. It represents the highest end option you can reasonably afford.

It's been a while since I've looked at BFG. I was remembering it as 'use cannons to wear down shields, then hit them with the lances'. I'll change it if it's a problem.

Not at the moment, no.

Mystery Box: You are the mom.

>Left Door
>Spend a month adjusting to Elixirs and fucking Oriadne's brains out
>Go into battle completely overpowered
>Defeat every other girl
>Declare that each one who falls before me shall become my wife
>Focus on taking out each of the other girls in the following order:
1. Lucianna (To have her as soon as possible to power up the other girls)
2. Vignette (To make sure she's safe and she can build us some hardcore vegetable fortifications)
3. Talisa (Because she'll be easiest to convince now that we have Vignette on our side)
4-6. Abirathi/Lizette/Gwendolyn & Gracia (These three will be fairly middle of the road in terms difficulty to convince)
7. Angelica (With these numbers we can finally take on her Holy Berserker mode)
8. Suri (Could honestly be recruited at any point because of her personality and general flexibility when it comes to her goals)
9. Catherine (Because we can now reliably take her and spirits)
10. Persephone (Again, probably could have grabbed her earlier, better safe than sorry when dealing with robots)
11. Catherine (Finally have enough people to overwhelm her)
12. Scarlatina (Because she's the most dangerous and will be hardest to convince)
>Declare that each one who falls before me shall become my wife
>Harem End+Trap=Total Victory

>Feminine Penis Lover
You're a dirty boy, ZBG.

>I was considering making a sequel/DLC where you customize how you rule and what you do with the power.
I want this.

Why do you think I love working with him?

>harem
Into the McTrash he goes !

Because he does your work for you??

Fuck, you figured it out.
He's genuinely fun to work with. Plus he makes great waifus and I wanted quality.

>It's been a while since I've looked at BFG. I was remembering it as 'use cannons to wear down shields, then hit them with the lances'. I'll change it if it's a problem.
Rogue Trader gives Macrocannons and Lance Batteries about equal ranges.

Ship combat in it is complete ass tho, so who knows.

I see you have such concerns about Catherine that you need to deal with her twice. Big breasted, motherly mature girls are your weakness?

>The Elixirs are mainly there to add a bit more to the CYOA.

Even in harem exist a first wife, so it's possible to get a benefit based on which of the twelve is chosen. The simplest thing would be making the king capable of using a fourth elixir whose effect match the hereditary skill of his wife. If he already posses such skill then gets an updgrade. B-04 Beauty, for example, could allow minor shapeshifting so is possible match any aesthetic standar.

If one of the twelve wins this benefit is not obtained and the harem option vanish.Or, at most, the king will be able to marry a "representative" of the other three regions... if his queen allows it.

Standard Warrant (90)
2 sword Frigates (70)
civilian voidmen (68)
twin torpedo tubes (60)
light lances (56)
heavy void shields (46)
warp shields (36)
Fitted crew quarters (32)
guard regiments (30)
high power auger (25)
Manufactorums (9)
juvenat gland (4)
cogitation implant (1)
gene sculpting (0)
Adeptus Ministorum, Sainthood

Based on my "what I'd do if I were a rogue trader" build
>I regard the strange creature before me
>:"Inquisitor, your concern is understandable. You are of course welcom to invite a black ship to this colony. But they would be going far out of their way, and I intend to bring any dangerous descendents of these ones with me when I return to imperial space. So it would be best for humanity if we did not duplicate our efforts"
>He hesitates. "The Eldar..."
>"Is here as an ambassador of her people. You are aware I speak for the emperor here?"
>he nods and his eyes widen as the words replay in his mind
>"Then I would suggest you turn your gaze to matters of more importance than the eccentricities of a minor saint. There is heresy in the imperium more troubling than a few witch-children on a remote world, and the emperor needs you where it is strongest."
>I watch him bow and scuttle off, more purposeful than cowed. Every inquisitor knows where heresy is strongest. they're easier to motivate than my own troops.
>I spare a glance at my ship, glad I have a spare and that I didn't arrive on it. the cargo there would have been decidedly harder to explain than what it's paying for...

>Manipulative as fuck
>Very eager to kill or torture people
>Rigged everything for their own desires
Good thing I didn't pick this, I'm not smart enough to come up with a convincing accident.

The King gets all twelve elixirs at a much higher potential.

B-02: To combine with:
M-07: The Flash has taught me how useful these two are together.
S-10: I like Jojo's and Persona.
>Cassandra
Came on a bit strong, and power doesn't seem to mesh well. Rockin' tits, though. Pass.
>Talisa
I love animals, and despite my last comment, don't really care about breast size. Not wanting to hurt the others is a big plus, but I'm iffy on the personality. I'm much calmer, I wouldn't want us to annoy each other. Maybe, leaning towards yes.
>Vignette
Powers aren't great, and I'm not big on wallflowers. Sweet, though. I wouldn't let my partner hurt her. Maybe we could be friends. Pass.
>Lizette
Psycho, so many red flags. My IRL gf and best friend are Libras, which is basically all she has going for her. Pass.
>Abirathi
Great powers, nice girl, my monster girl fetish, and an excuse to ditch court when it gets too boring. Strong maybe.
>Gwendolyn and Gracia
Holy shit. Gamers, A+. Awesome magic, A+. Twins, willing to share, A+. The only thing I'm worried about is not being able to keep up with them. As I said, I'm a calm man. Strong maybe here, too.
>Angelica
"I always get what I want" and "We can't trust anyone to actually fix problems" make her feel like a younger, less incestuous Cersei Lannister. Pass.
>Lucianna
Fucking amazing power. Great personality. We'd get on like Bonnie and Clyde if she can put up with me acting out of character for a King. She'd be a great Queen. Strong maybe.
>Suri
Enigmatic. I'm not sure I can trust her. Deceptive appearance and deliberately moving behind my Right Hand isn't a great first impression, but if she's being honest in her letter, then we'd be great. The question is, is she telling the truth? Unlike all my other maybe's (who are compared to each other), this one I'm just unsure about on her own.
>Catherine
The nonviolent approach is a plus. I get the impression that she's a bit manipulative. Don't trust her, pass.

>why bother with a waifu cyoa if you don't care for waifus

I'm willing to wade through shit to find some golden nuggets.

Anyone else too much self-respect to pick waifus?

Cont.
>Scarlatina
My own sign, and Alchemy is a great talent. She's way too quick to kill, but deferring to me on operating procedure is nice, so I guess it cancels out. I'm not fucking any of them until someone wins, though, so she'll have to grit her teeth for a bit longer. Strong maybe.
>Persephone
Automatons are great. Computer knowledge is cool, and I'm not really bothered by the invasion of privacy. I have no secrets. I do like the minigun, and her goals are nice and coincide with my own. A bit lacking in confidence, but if she's as bad as she thinks she is, it doesn't really matter. I'll pick up whatever slack there is.
No secret doors, thank you.

So, my candidates are: Talisa, Abirathi, the Twins, Lucianna, Scarletina, and Sephy.

It's hard to argue that between Sephy and Talisa, robots beat animals. The twins and Scarletina honestly intimidate me, and I'm worried that they won't stop if I tell them not to kill. Abirathi's magic doesn't top the twins, in my mind. So it's between Lucianna's army of men and Sephy's army of robots.

Which is kinda gross, because Leo is my dad's sign and Pisces is my sister's.

Anyway, I guess I have to go with Lucianna. I've always been a big proponent of "HFY," and it seems as though she's based around it. She'd make a great queen, and I think we could beat the rest of them without killing them, since our men will follow our orders.

Which did you pick?

>ideal waifu expects the player to shower once a week
>fuck off whore I have self-respect

I made a build for Zodiac that involved just watching the waifus fight each other and letting them pick me by winning without my help.

I ended up being passed around like a parcel and being glad I took the Vitality elixer to not die.

More like me having no interest in imaginary cringeworthy girls because I'm not a virgin NEET.

I like cyoas for the adventures but the waifus are just embarrassing.

>tfw all waifu cyoas are about how a waifu will do anything you want and lick your toes
>No waifu cyoas where You do things for your waifu out of love instead.

Picking Harbinger. Swapping out Humans for Demons sounds fun. Especially if no one knows everyone else is a Demon.

Did Quiet end up finishing Modern Fantasy or did he just get to page 30 and die?

Cause you're a cuck and we're not. A girl who doesn't worship the ground you walk on us just an expensive live-in whore. Do you think Chad does nice things? Nope, he beats up his gfs and they all love him for it. That's what a waifu should be. That's what you should be looking for in cyoas. A waifu who thanks you for cumming in her eyes.

Elixirs: All of them
"Bride": Oriadne

I'm not a waifu guy, but I am a power guy (in the personal sense, not political). Made choosing a bride rather simple. Though if the power were a given, or there were another option for it, I'd still probably pick the trap out of them all.

They all know they're demons. You just decide if they look humanish or not.
You also get two girls.

The plot section for this is a bit dated now that GW is finally allowing the fucking clock to move.

Yes, yes, very good...

More adventure, less waifu-shit incoming...

Women were made to serve men and continue their line.

I choose none

Nice try Mephisto

>They all know they're demons.
That is less fun. It would be fun to see each Demon pull a sweatinggirl.jpeg when they try to "act Human" and convince everyone that yes they are also Human and do Human things haha we are all Humans here.
>spoiler
Ah. I thought it was a waifu cyoa so I skipped to read the mystery box. I'll have to read the cyoa to know who else to pick.

>Elixirs
Magic because magic is the shit
Beauty because i am vain as fuck
And Analysis to help me in combat and persuasion
>Chosen one
Angelica
In the end it does not matter because i am going to get them all but she will be able to pummel the others in to submision while i cast stuff in the distance so i can end up convincing them to join me

This cyoa has always bothered me.

Going;
>Power
>Blood
>City
>Swarmx5

This build is pretty much insta-win. In a big city, no one is going to miss a bunch of sleeping hobos being devoured by swarms of rat-like monsters at night.

It kind of bothers me when cyoas punish creativity like this.

He's in his grave now.

user you reminded me of Hibiki, Hibiki I miss you where ever you are

>Elixirs
Skill
Grace
Beauty

>Betrothed
Cassandra Capricorn

However, greedy as I am, I also desire Abirathi Aquarius, Gwendolyn and Gracia Gemini, Lucianna Leo, Suri Sagittarius, Catherine Cancer, and Sephy Pisces. And as King I see no reason why they shouldn't be mine. I will make it very clear to all the girls that any who submit will be rewarded and given an option as to their future. The other girls could convince me to take them as a wife but it doesn't seem particularly likely from their profiles. Maybe Vignette, though. She'll certainly be the first one I visit after the fighting starts and give her the option to submit.

Lizette and Scarlatina will be two of the biggest problems, and as much as I don't want to kill any of them I can't really see a way to leave Scarlatina alive. Frankly the two of them seem to take this whole thing a lot more seriously than some of the others and expect to take my hand in marriage by killing all the others. I will not allow that to happen. Among my chosen suitors I expect Lucianna will be the dissenter. It does not seem likely that I could convince her to take an equal place among my brides but I will try. To her I will grant the opportunity to fight for my hand. I don't imagine I could offer her any greater gift and if she somehow does defeat all the other women I deemed worthy then she certainly is the best of them all and I would be glad to marry her alone. Cassandra may also be a similar problem, but to a lesser degree I believe. She may not be exactly "submissive" in a sexual sense (which I can be very into as well) and she is certainly a very driven and aspirational woman but I get the feeling she can be made to understand the situation. Plus that's partially why I chose her as my betrothed, to hopefully mollify her somewhat.

I'm in the cyoa thread, genius.
What do you think?

The other girls I've chosen seem to be suitably submissive to their King, though the Gemini twins and perhaps to a lesser extent Suri do seem to be relishing the possibility of combat. I see no reason why they shouldn't take the chance to indulge themselves since they have the opportunity, as long as they understand and abide by my wishes. Either way I'll be getting the hell out of my city and finding a somewhat more wild and deserted area for these maniacs to unleash their carnage.

One thing I almost overlooked is the political implication of marrying members of some houses and not those of others. That is quite definitely more of an insult to those not chosen than if I just choose one wife. Unfortunately, that is simply the reality of the situation given the suitors those families provided. I hope to soften the blow somewhat by granting boons and positions of power to those not chosen but ultimately it's tough tits for them if they don't like it. We don't really get much of an indication of the political situation from the CYOA but hopefully I'll be able to smooth things over.

>pic related
I cannot lie, I would a fuck guy(female.)
Priority:
>CYOA Celt and I are making
>Go back and try to clean up the typos and errors in WotZB
>Guardian Spirit
>That One maybe
You're gonna have to speak up, Celt. I can't understand you with my dick so deep in your mouth.
Fuck. The second one was supposed to be Cassandra.
But also yes. I lick my ladies thicc and my titties and asses big enough smother me to death.
>Even in harem exist a first wife
Good point.
Also, you naturally begin to develope your wife/wives' hereditary skill as you grow closer and your love deepens.
She(male) would burn the world for you.
>I like Jojo's and Persona
Mah nig-
>Cersei Lannister
I am deeply offended by this comparison. I had no idea any of my waifus could be compared to any character that terrible...
That being said, I love seeing people reviewing each waifu! I'm glad you found them all interesting enough to write about!
>not fucking any of them until someone wins
>"Scarlatina rocks back and forth in the corner of the shelter and biting her knuckles. You feel her lustful stare burning into your back as it has been for the last 12 hours."
Before the end of this. She's just going to be hanging off you dry humping your arm as she struggles to hold onto her sanity.
I don't understand how that would prevent you from fantasizing about have an idealized animu girlfriend.
>I'd still probably pick the trap out of them all.
Mah nigga!
>Angelica
I'm always happy when anyone picks her. She seems to be the least popular.