How would he fare if he was randomly sent to the Star Wars Universe...

How would he fare if he was randomly sent to the Star Wars Universe? Lets just say he is on Naboo at the start of the PM, and can speak their language. How do you guys see it going?

I suppose he would spend quite some time smashing droids before he get the slightest idea what's going on.
And then:
> Do I side with alien loving wizards or alien built abominable intelligences?

A spaces marine need small armies of support in order to fight effectively. He'll have to abandon his weapons and armor as they become too damaged to be of use. A space marine is set apart as much by his physique and training as he is the gear he carries and the logistical support afforded to his chapter. He won't affect the setting in any meaningful way.

This isn't about changing the setting more of how he would react and adapt. As in could he survive?

I imagine he would be able to survive without difficulty, but you're probably going to have to be more specific on where he's going to be dropped and when at the start of PM.

Like, does he run into Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan and Jar Jar? Is he in the main city? Was it a warp-rift that carried him there?

Falls into the main city when the Jedi are on the Federation ship. Random Warprift spits him out a a few dozen feet from the ground.

> "Jedi aren't allowed to do that!"

How would he do in star wars?

That's autistic but I can have fun with the concept.
He'd probably become a bounty hunter or a merc.

I think it would be more fun if he popped out during clone wars.

To honourable to do that.

He'd muck around, probobly get in trouble with the law over trying to kill a xeno and eventually become a fervent supported of the human supremacist policies of the empire when that happens.

I could definately see him joining the empire as soon as that happens, but he'll probably just bum around for a while without a real cause to fight, he'll probably have a lot of the more seedy types gunning for him for one reason or another. Most likely killing somebody important who crossed him.

>Be captain Titus of the Ultrasmurfs
>Crash land on sandy planet
>ThisisntwhereIleftmylandraider
>Walk for a while in the sand
>Hate sand, its coarse and it gets everywhere
>Find large round structure on top of rock formation
>Walk up to door, xenos scum guarding it
>Orks.holorecord
>Crush its head with gauntlet
>feelsgoodman
>proceed into structure
>can hear strange, repetitive music playing from one of the rooms
>enter, room is full of more xenos scum
>fat slug like creature sits in corner with what looks like a captive sororitas is a metal bikini
>"HERESY"
>go to town on xenos scum, they feel the full FUREH of the emprah as I dismember them with my chainsword
>slaughter the xenos jazz band mid song ramming the strange golden instrument up ones behind as I do so
>little annoying one jumps on my pauldron spreading its taint over my glorious chapter symbol, I crush its smug little face between my thumb and forefinger
>only the fat one and filthy golden man of iron remains
>hooded guy wanders in
>"I must be allowed to speak"
>Feel taint of chaos of an unsanctioned psyker in his words
>*BLAM*
>I place my bolt pistol against his head before he can react, it explodes coating the walls in blood.
>Sororitas screams
>Suddenly fat xenos pulls lever and I fall through. Land flat on face in dark cave
>Out of shadow comes beast
>Looks like meganob
>Idea forms
>Massive ork nob comes at me, I barrel roll and get behind, jumping on its back.
>Hear Leandros snivelling voice in back of head "the codex astartes does not support this action"
>Fuck off Leandros
>I climb up onto its head and grab onto its massive nostrils, my enhanced strength allowing me to hold on
>Kick Ork nob into a run straight at the nearest wall and we go crashing back through into room where slug monster is now licking Soritas earlobes
>"HERESYYY"
>I charge the mega nob at the slug thing, crushing it
"Oh dear" the man of iron says\
>*BLAM* unsanctioned ai
>Grab sororitas babe and canter into sunset on meganob

>accidentally crash into odd sculpture of a man half-embedded in stone
>breaks into pieces
>nothing of value was lost

Actually, how do Space Marines fair underwater? I'd love to see bolter tipped harpoon guns.

Or just play TFTD again

I think I heard a story about a space marine legion that was dropped into the ocean and proceeded to march unto the beach to surprise an enemy.

They can breath underwater I think.

Pretty sure that's wrong. The armor recycles oxygen for up to 3 weeks or something crazy like that though so they'd have time to seek out a source of air.

Just fine. The suit handles oxygen no problem and there's actually no need to build harpoon bolters since a bolter actually fires mini-rockets rather than bullets (and was intended to work without oxygen) so it should work out underwater.

Do Astartes drown if they are locked underwater without armor?

No, Space Marines are too autistic to get a job.

This is the setting where a nobody smuggler changed the fate of the entire galaxy. A god damn space marine captain is going to make a huge difference, especially if he sides with the Rebellion.

No they don't. The Space Marine third lung is able to act like gills.

Yes they do.

One of the Chapters has an unofficial rite where their initiates swim deep and plant an icon on a famous outcropping.

Officially it's banned, because while it's possible for a marine to make it there and back, any delays or mistakes can see them drown.

Nope. Third lung can extract oxygen from water. However, they can still get oxygen narcosis if they dive too deep. Bear in mind, that's much deeper than a regular human can possibly dive. But still, bubbles in the blood vessels can cause the third lung to lock up, failing to function, and then the Marine will drown. But this is a function of water pressure, not being denied oxygen.

>especially if he sides with the Rebellion
>a space marine

Actually, I take that back. He'd totally side with the Rebellion - to kill Sheev for being a fucking sorcerer. He might side with Vader. Or just establish an Interregnum with Tarkin Depends.

Huh, I wonder if Titus' shielding from Warp Fuckery applies to Force Fuckery.

He'd probably be in for a very, VERY rude awakening. Trying to purge a xeno with no imperial backing or sheev plots would get him into deep shit. He'd be isolated enough from the jedi that they couldn't immediatley stop him but a space marine is one of the most helpless beings in the galaxy outside combat. He sticks out like a sore thumb, he has no idea how to get into hyperspace or even fly a ship, and without any kind of fuel or ammo all his shit would become useless within a couple of days.

That's to say nothing of the fact that there's no way he could win a fight with even just Padawan Obi-Wan if it came to blows. Jedi reflexes are flat better and the only thing that'd save him is maybe an iron halo from one or two hits if he gets lucky.

They can breath with their third lung, but it would not work deep underwater, because:
1) Deep water is notoriously poorly oxidized
2) Third lung alone cannot support marine at 100% for a long time leaving him wided and quckly tiring even if used in normal atmosphere
3) Water pressure deep underwater would crush his other two lungs

I see your point, but I don't think you're giving old Titus there enough credit. After all, he's not just a Space Marine, he's a Captain in the Ultramarines. He had more education and combat training by the time he was picked to be a Neophyte then Luke Skywalker had by the time he was a Commander on Hoth. While it's true that it varies from man to man, as a rule, Space Marines are fucking smart. Also, looking at his forehead there, Titus has about 200 years of Space Marining under his belt. Furthermore, there have been shown to be two main ideologies in the Ultramarines:
1. Do exactly as the Codex says.
2. The Codex says to ADAPT.
Titus ascribes to the second. This is established in the first five minutes of the game.
He may not be as good a pilot as Han Solo, but he has probably learned how to fly a Thunderhawk somewhere in his time. He may run out of bolter ammo, but he can wipe out a squad of troops by himself and figure out their gear pretty easily. And then he'd probably eat their brains and learn all about what in Guilliman's name is going on around here. Once he knows that, he can come up with a plan to get off this rock...and then see where destiny takes him.

If he was a Salamander he would do fine with working among the common folk. But a Ultrasmurf as based as Titus could overcome the Astartes dumbness and just deal with the situation. He could find some hard to do job to do while he figured out what he would do.

>PunnyFactoryWorker: Hey, big guy! Never seen you around here, you're not from Naboo, are you?
>Titus: No. I was born in Tarentus
>PunnyFactoryWorker: Cool, never heard the name though. Must be real far from here.
>Titus:Yeah.
>PunnyFactoryWorker: So, the other guys are kinda scared to ask, but, what is the deal with those ... bionic plug things all over your arms and back?
>Titus: ... I used to be a ... enhanced warrior, of sorts.
>PunnyFactoryWorker: Neat. Explains why you are doing better than everyone else at our own jobs. Say, how can one get those upgrades?
>Titus: Haha, by your stature you would most likely not survive the process.
>PunnyFactoryWorker: Hey, not fair. I don't like the idea of not being able to do my job as well as a rookie.
>Titus: Don't resent the capacity of your labor. It has value. Your best is all that is expected from you, nothing more.
>PunnyFactoryWorker: Great, so you're a philosopher too. I am so losing my job.

My codex specifically says that the multi-lung can process water, so I'm calling bullshit considering what's written by Games Workshop > Black Library bullshit.

Titus can learn how to fly any ship by eating the pilot's arm.

Titus isn't your average space marine. He actually has some people skills, and his first reaction to everything isn't just SMASH IT IN THE FACE.

Dude you are flat out retarded if you think padawan obi wan can take on Captain Titus. He and qui gon ran from fucking droidakas. Titus can fight fucking necrons.

Not to mention his pistol alone will prove an insurmountable threat to all Jedi. High-Supersonic bolts with enough explosives in them to send a 1 ton object flying back ten feet will one-shot any Jedi.

Fukken saved,

So will a blaster, if it hits.

He'd probably eventually see Jedi as sanctioned psychers or someshit. Or at least tolerate their presence.

As long as the interaction stayed positive, anyway.

Do you think ceramite armor can stop a lightsabre?

Excepting that Jedi didn't just run from Droideka. They moved several times faster than the human body can comprehend. Just like Luke moved faster. That's the thing that's explicitly spelled out, Jedi have reflexes and movements faster than any human can ordinarily hope for even at extremes, and they get it even without training.

If a blind guy who isn't even force sensitive can dodge a squad of troopers a guy who actually is with a better weapon has zero difficulty with a bolt pistol.

Captain Titus is a space marine not a normal fucking human dumbass. Also that force speed feat might as well not be canon because that scene was its only appearance and hasn't been shown or brought up ever since.

>Do you think ceramite armor can stop a lightsabre?

Probably not. People forget that every armor except maybe bottom of the barrel mass produced Imp Trooper stuff is made of it's own durasteel alloy greater than anything that exists on earth, and even that has no resistance to a lightsaber, or the materials a tier above it. Even the materials above that that were meant to be resistant to sabers had since been reconnected into not doing such long before Disney took over. Even the shit that blocks a saber IN THE MOVIES doesn't block it anymore.

ceramite can stop lasgun shots just fine. and lasguns as far as we currently know are more powerful than the strongest laser on earth in the 21st century. It could probably handle a lightsaber.

>Qui-Gon has his clone army made out of Titus' DNA instead of Jango Fett
>Titus founds a whole new chapter of Space Marines to fight to threat of unsanctioned AI

Steel walls still work at stopping light sabers pretty well in episode 1. Not wholly, mind, but it takes some time to melt through them.

Remember that Space Marine armor is made out of heat resistant material suited for the setting's starships. While I wouldn't say the Power Armor could block a lightsaber, it'd be at least somewhat resistant to it. Kind of like a low-grade power sword.

Force speed shows up in several novels and periphery material and it's clearly the same thing with the same effect in TPM and ESB. It's not a one off, it's just a thing Jedi can do.

Obi-Wan is faster, has better close range, and is a precog. A jedi, even a Padawan, is just flat better at those things going by raw feats.

Padawans get wrecked by a cyborg that has none of those things with trackable movement.

Obi-Wan, one of the setting's best Jedi Knights, had a massive problem defeating Grevious due to how fast and relentless he was.

Space Marines, on the other hand, can go just as quick, and be just as relentless, if not faster, depending on if you want to interpret Horus Heresy book shlock as canon or not.

I think you mis remember. Even the blast resistant doors stop it for about a tenth of a second. It was never a problem of 'this blocks the blade' it's an issue of 'this slows the blade to a point where it's slightly inconvenient'.

That blast door WAS starship material. It's that at about four to six inches thick.

Post YFW General Titus' clone army comes to liberate your world from clanker oppression.

even so didn't grievous' men have vibroblades in episode 3? titus could just acquire one of those.

Obi-wan is a mediocre jedi knight. He's explicitly mentioned as such by Lucas. That's why he fought Anakin and not Sideous despite his insistence. Yoda flat out said he was not good enough. If you wanted to talk flat skill in a fight or strength in the force he was middle of the road and not terribly experienced for his rank.

Than explain how all those Jedi Knights died at genosis to battle droids and pot shots from Jango Fett dumbass. An average Jedi is no match for an average space marine. Let alone padawan Obi-Wan or even Qui-gon being a match for Captain Titus. Next you will be telling me that a Jedi Master can match a librarian

They had batons that were retconned into working differently. They block worse and less reliably than they do in the film itself. They're also weak enough that a jedi can get tagged multiple times with one and still be fine.

I don't believe initiates have the multi-lung implant yet.

>jedi can get tagged multiple times with one and still be fine.
in the ultramarine novels the space marines can punch people so hard their skulls explode so i'm not sure that matters.

I think Titus would win but you are outright lying or retarded to think Obi-wan wasn't one of the best masters in the order. Of course he couldn't fight Sheev it was fucking Sheev! Obi-Wan was still easily in the top 5 most skilled knights in the order.

>Than explain how all those Jedi Knights died at genosis to battle droids and pot shots from Jango Fett dumbass.

Those specific knights were noncombat focused personnel who spec'd into styles explicitly designed for noncombat duty. The guy Jango killed was a glorified talking head.

Occam's razor dumbass. Average Jedi just is not all that impressive

>Obi-wan is a mediocre jedi knight. He's explicitly mentioned as such by Lucas.

The jedi had a large number of people better suited to fighting than Obi-Wan. Mace is obvious, Cin Drallig is an obvious second, Yoda kinda goes without saying, and there's a number of others.

It's more that the jedi that were on hand to actually fight Sheev were retarded. Mace brought along a pilot, a guy known for using the most basic moves, and Eeth Koth, a guy who's glorified filler at best.

Which is the problem. The jedi HAVE the people, it's just that they insist on sending people into missions they aren't suited for and that basically universally accounts for the losses in the films. Fucking of course you'll get your shit rekt when you send dedicated diplomats on combat missions and a guy who's only claim to fame is flying out on the ground.

Occam's razor is irrelevant in the fact of actual information. I could make the exact same claim and say the average SM is shit because they get their shit rekt in a bunch of sources.

>Best soresu user in the order
>defeated maul and savage at the same time
>killed grievous
>personally praised by Windu as one of the foremost duelist in the order
Dude you know shit about Star Wars and fyi Kit Fisto is also one of the preeminent Jedi in the order.

Yeah irrelevant non canon novels. AotC and even TCW and Rebels clearly show that average Jedi aren't that special. Not everbody is an Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin

Savage had like two weeks experience and Maul was explicitly insane from the moment he was bisected going by what everyone on the show has said.

And Captain Titus isn't exactly the greatest marine who ever lived.

Savage killed two Jedi Masters and a padawan. One of the masters was a council member dumbass. And Maul still was a skilled fighter when Filloni decides not to make him job

Never said he was but he is damn sure good enough to wrek obi wan and qui gon at the same time. If it was a truly strong marine like Draigo or Tiberius it wouldn't even be a contest.

But by that same logic, the average space marine isn't that special either because they die all the time.

You're just gonna go in circles with this.

Yeah but space marines die to this and worst. Not battle droids and clone troopers.

Got a nice warm and fuzzy feeling from that.

Why does GW hate Titus enough to force him into an alternate timeline just so Cato can have the spotlight?

They didn't move several times faster than the "human body can comprehend" what the fuck is this nonsense? We see them on screen moving at around automobile speeds, which is the basic space marine running speed. This also does jack shit against boltguns which travel at around Mach 4 to Mach 5 and are a high explosive round which means that the organs of anything within a meter of the blast are now mush from the pressure waves. They aren't anything like blasters, which are in fact incredibly slow, pistol-like.

Plus Space Marines are aim-bots who blast Eldar, who are capable of dodging lasers after they have been fired.

Jedi in 40k are not impressive at all. They're an aspect warrior with a psychic power or two thrown in.

Lightsabers exist in warhammer. Power armor can resist a strike but repeated hits will fuck it up.

Fuck Titus was so based, he made the whole Ultramarines chapter look good.

Plus, don't they have literal aimbots in their helms?

Yeah, autosenses.

For example of how crazy accurate Space Marines are, one Iron Warrior (who had no chaos mutations to speak of) blasted a slave two and a half kilometers away at a flat trajectory, while she was jumping off a truck, and fired the shot so it hit the ground under the truck, deflected upwards, and smacked into her body just before she hit the ground.

fucking writers
>ricocheting a bolter round

no, the better question to ask is what would Inquisitor Theodore Roosevelt do

Completely possible so long as the trajectory is flat. If the warhead doesn't hit the ground it won't arm.

>100 space marines pops into arena in clone wars movie, just after Jedi appear but before clones appear.

Yes, it would, since they are effectvely the same thing.

Multiple Black Templars, a melee focused chapter, got punched to death by a Sister of Battle in Daemonfuge.

And yet they are just BS4.

What about high pressures? *Every* part of the armor/suit would need to be able to withstand potentially high pressures, at a rate of about +0.1g per meter of depth. So if you're at 20 meters, you're looking at 3g, 4g at 30meters, etc.

Because they're salty fucks who didn't think of him first.

>Just BS4
>When BS3 is an average trained guardsmen.

Pictured: an elegant weapon from a more civilized age.

Yes but veteran soldiers are BS4. Not this 'Shot 2.5km and bounced an explosive round to snipe a target'. That's Vinicare assassin style bullshit.

Top kek

The whole Star Wars vs Warhammer discussions might be amusing for a while but they will always fail as they are two completely different settings using different literary tricks to accomplish storytelling.

So as its usually tech oriented here Warhammer will win every time without any doubts as setting of Warhammer grounds itself on being so fucking over the top by default that there is no point in even considering any crossovers.

This guy gets it. Mythic Rancorn is just as threatening as a plain meganob.
Legendary Jedi is just an level 1 unsanctioned psyker. Badass galactic mobster is just a xeno scum.

Fuck this kinds of threads everyday...

>A spaces marine need small armies of support in order to fight effectively.
Really, because I seem to recall Space Marines fighting entire campaigns without resupply. Alessio Cortez went six weeks without even eating or sleeping while on campaign.

There's a specific codex incident involving the Space Wolves essentially walking across the sea floor in Tactical Dreadnought armour and murderizing some Tau in propeller suits

I would pay good money to se a space marine messily killing Jar-Jar.

>Lossa people gonna die?

>Yes, starting with you, xenos scum.

>Chainsword noises & screaming.

>Kind of like a low-grade power sword.
Lightsaber exist in 40k, they are the highest grade of power weapon beside force weapon. Inquisitor stuff (Eisenhorn had one for example).

Does Veeky Forums actually read 40k lore? Honestly? It's not hard to not out yourself as an idiot.

Astartes pattern Power Armour has an effectively infinite fusion/solar power source, if maintained, which every Marine is trained to do, for instance. Somehow this doesn't seem to be a well known fact.

For any knowledge a Marine doesn't possess, there's an Omophagea. Google it.

from rowboat girlyman and his chapter masters at the start of the heresy

"to take a town, send a marine
to take a city, send a squad
to take a planet, send a company
to take a secotor, send a chapter
to take a way of life, send a legion"

You never even read that comic, since you're claiming this.

Multiple Templars got punched to death by a Mary Sue super psyker who had an Eldar boyfriend and psykered a Culexus to death and blew up a Great Unclean One with her mind. She was as much a Battle Sister as you are Bruce fucking Lee.

>psykered a culexus to death
GW needs their own Disney styled EU purge

She was also somehow a repository of lore against Slaanesh or something. Oh, and all her fellow Sisters got corrupted by a Keeper of Secrets.

Alessio Cortez is a fucking freak of nature even by space marine standards.

Absolutely [Spoiler]excellent[/spoiler]