If you don't use one of these there is no way of knowing with 100% certainty that the people you play with are not...

If you don't use one of these there is no way of knowing with 100% certainty that the people you play with are not cheating.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2jwYAoZJyUA
youtube.com/watch?v=4nzKUIRaltI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like that d4 would just slide right down without tumbling

We play with cards instead of dice.

We do have pic related though.

I trust my group.

Why do you have players that would cheat? Why is your group so dysfunctional? What did you do to make them do this? Why are you a horrible GM? It's your fault this family is falling apart. She should still be alive and you should be dead.

I wouldn't run a game for players who I couldn't trust to roll their own fucking dice without cheating.

Either way, we use dice rollers anyways, so if need be I can check the logs to see whether they're legit or not.

Those shitty Chessex dice aren't balanced in the first place. Your tower is irrelevant.

I hope you're not talking about the Formula D dice. I use those in every campaign for lucky rolls!

You're slipping, Wayne. That wasn't funny, or even cancerous. Just bland. Get your shit together, you shitposting turbofag, and troll us like we deserve.

I know that they aren't cheating as they are my close friends who have dignity.

Dice Towers are alright, though plinko style is better, but they can't beat dice poppers.

I am confident that nobody at my table has either the knowledge or ability to cheat with a typical toss of a die.

nice meme.
Chessex dice are the better ones out there.
Although, I think electronic/application dice will rule the future, due to a much faster action and result-oriented focus.

Good thing I don't play with assholes.
Also, towers are annoyingly loud, fuck this shit.

Chessex are squashed, air-pocketed, round-edged trash.

Maybe what you really deserve is mediocrity? Disappointment in the average, just like your life...

Eh, no, I'm not that edgy. Sorry man, I'm having an off-day.

>cheating in RPGs
>Caring about cheating in RPGs
>Not cheating in board games
>Not having fun trying to outcheat people in board games

It's like everything retarded had a baby and it was you

You could also, ya know, use a cup.

Sadly most GM's cheat anyway and call it 'fudging'.

Wayne why are you intentionally shitposting? You've sprung into existence at least under that moniker over what seems recently. Why? For the memes? The gags and giggles you get?

There's no way you're putting my deck in that thing.

Because Veeky Forums is so fucking stupid that their inability to ignore me will propagate the meme itself... just like every other shitpost, forced meme, and Baitpost that is posted on this board. The problem with the board isn't me, or the shitposters, it's the posters and replies that give them life that ruin them.

Even pointing that out, replying with Baitfish repeatedly, is failing to realize the whole Fucking point, because, again, Veeky Forums is Fucking Stupid.

I don't get why everyone shits on dice towers. It's fun to build your own custom ones.

I built one a long ass time ago that's still in storage somewhere. Used to play Heroclix all the time before the scene around here died. I built a tower that looked like a skyscraper with a city park for the tray. Then I put some cheap little dollar store DC superhero figures around it to look like Superman fighting Lex Luthor and some other stuff going on. Turned out pretty good

I quit my last group because one of the players was cheating, but he was such a sad sack that I didn't want to call him out on it.

Dice towers are not a problem. Dice towers are cool.

As a player who both sometimes cheats (in one specific game where cheating was...encouraged) and plays perfectly fair even when my characters die, I don't mind being told to roll in a dice tower.

Its just that...watch this video. Tell me if you would play in this guy's game if you had other options
youtube.com/watch?v=2jwYAoZJyUA

>4 minute video about how to properly roll dice

holy shit what a sperglord. I guess I've never really encountered this shit because the guys I play with aren't big fags about their rolls, or at the very least we aren't going to get this butthurt about wasting "precious seconds" rolling die

If my group was cheating they wouldn't fuck up half as many rolls as they do.

>misread that as dick
>realise how immature that is
>not disappointed

>not swapping out loaded dice before tossing into the tower

It's like you don't even want to win.

Because Veeky Forums is so fucking stupid that their inability to ignore me will propagate the meme itself... just like every other shitpost, forced meme, and Baitpost that is posted on this board. The problem with the board isn't me, or the shitposters, it's the posters and replies that give them life that ruin them.

Even pointing that out, replying with Baitfish repeatedly, is failing to realize the whole Fucking point, because, again, Veeky Forums is Fucking Stupid.

Someone know where to buy a good dice tower?

Fuck off StarToad.

I wonder why self loading towers aren't a thing.

I use salt water to check the balance of my dice. I'd use that and you'd never know that I am cheating.

Checkmate, atheists.

Yo..you..you're fucking stupid

You can still cheat with dice towers you scrub.

They get enjoyment out of it, you get enjoyment out of it. It's a beneficial arrangement.

Yeah, and guess what? I Fucking own up to it. What's the first thing I always say in a Wayne-post? That I'm an idiot, I'm a retard, I'm a monumental dumbass. Guess how much that has an impact on me? None. We're all idiots here, and it's high time we start admitting our own small-mindedness. It'll be the first step to fixing it.

The "smart" ones do. They see it as a joke, rightly so, and laugh right along with me. That's how we're supposed to handle bait. Turn into it and laugh about it all, take it light-heartedly.

Hilariously, idiots will argue that when they do that, it just "encourages people to make shitty forced memes." No, getting angry at it creates shitty forced memes, see my previous post.

Everyone is doing it for their own amusement. A lot of people enjoy name calling and rage.

Right. We call that sociopathy, and it's always been considered an unhealthy frame of mind for any society. Though I suppose when the wretched majority exhibits or condones this behavior there's not a lot we can do about it... except always complain about why this board is shit and trying to pin it on something that doesn't require personal responsibility and accountability.

Oh wait, that's what Wayne is for, right? Right?

Your posts make me unreasonably angry every time I see them. I just thought that would be something you'd like to know. Your schtick is pretty effective.

Thanks. Nice to see that you cover your ass by deleting your own post after seeing that you misspelled Your as You're.

You caught me. Would you believe me if I blamed autocorrect?

So's your mother.

Nice reference.

>It'll be the first step to fixing it.
The first step would be you killing yourself.

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. Doesn't change the fact that you care enough about what other board users think to try and cover your mistake.

Sure, after you learn to ignore me. Idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=4nzKUIRaltI

The trouble with flat dice is that they require a large space to roll them. They are meant to bounce off of a knurled rubber wall, otherwise they are easy to cheat with. Clear round edged dice are fine for a table.

>unironically using a tower
>not just using a leather cup

Its pretty hard to 'cheat' at rolling dice. If you do cheat, its incredibly obvious to everyone.

Dice towers are dumb. OP has some serious trust issues or a really terrible group

If you don't use one of these there is no way of knowing with 100% certainty that the one you married is not cheating.

>narratives should not trump rng

are you trying to take the only skill aspect entirely out of the game?

you need to learn how to throw dice.

Bump for the trashOP
Trust is powerfuller than a plexiglass structure.
Also if you don't trust your friend, why keeping them ?

>25 cents is too expensive to machine shuffle

I'm sorry you're broke user.

Then you're not playing a game you're just running your helpless players through your novel.

People here have decks worth thousands of dollars user.

nigga why are you using your legacy magic the gathering cards to produce random numbers?
Are you dumb?

Even if you had to use magic cards you could just drop in 54 Squires with different numbers written on the front so you could successfully use the deck as dice.

It's a thread about dice and dice accessories not tournament procedures you dense fuck.

Follow the trail back to the beginning. The original comment said nothing about producing random numbers.

>He says, ignoring the fact that is a thread about dice, a form of random number generation.

So?

>people never post off-topic things in threads
>people are never smart asses in threads and say "none of the above"

Good thing we're not talking about magic or yugioh or chepokemon cards user.

We're talking about normal playing cards, as shown in the picture here You'll also notice I said "We play with [cards] instead of [dice]."

Meaning we substitute dice with cards for the purpose of RNG, so your assumption here: is false.

Try and be less of a cock next time.

>Good thing we're not talking about magic or yugioh or chepokemon cards user
Not stated.
>We're talking about normal playing cards
Not specified.
>You'll also notice I said "We play with [cards] instead of [dice]."
>Meaning we substitute dice with cards for the purpose of RNG,
That does not necessarily follow. If you play Magic or Yugioh or chepokemon, you are playing with cards instead of dice, and not for the purpose of RNG.
>Try and be less of a cock next time.
Why?

Joke's on you, I've rigged the dice tower.

>Not stated.
Correct, it was instead demonstrated with a picture.

>Not specified.
Wrong, it was specified by the picture I posted. If I was talking about using a card shuffler to shuffle mtg cards with I would have posted pic related instead.

>That does not necessarily follow.
It does if you have grade school level reading comprehension.

>Why?
Because it makes you a better person user. You want to be a better person right?

If you need a specific event to occur or rolling dice would genuinely be anticlimactic and retarded; don't roll for it. Pretty basic.

I hate it when players expect to have a genuine shot at certain rolls.

>Kill the son of one of BBEG's generals
>General later shows up in an ambush on the party, ready to kill guy who killed his son with a magical artifact
>Player wants to roll to convince him to let bygones be bygones.
For real? Look, say what you want to the man, but I'm not letting you roll out of that shit, goddamn. You can't lucky dice your way out of every scenario.

>Correct, it was instead demonstrated with a picture.
>Wrong, it was specified by the picture I posted.
False. Showing an image of a card shuffling with a normal playing card deck inserted in way implies that you were referring to using it for normal playing cards, merely that you were referring to the shuffler.
>It does if you have grade school level reading comprehension.
It doesn't if you understand basic logic.
>Because it makes you a better person user.
How?
>You want to be a better person right?
I am a better person.

Fuck I would just let them roll and kill them regardless of the result.

What if they hump on the kitchen's table?

That moment when 3/4 are trustworthy but one isn't... The reason our dnd group died...

>Showing an image of a card shuffling with a normal playing card deck inserted in way implies that you were referring to using it for normal playing cards, merely that you were referring to the shuffler.
Yikes, should read: "Showing an image of a card shuffler with a normal playing card deck inserted in no way implies that you were referring to using it for normal playing cards, merely that you were referring to the shuffler."

I was going to make a thread about it, but this seems moderately related.

I'm looking to get some new dice because I've literally been using a dice roller on my phone since I started. What kind should I get? I'm looking to spend like 30 bucks, should I get a set of fancy metal/wood dice and pass them around, or is that retarded? Should I instead just get a bulk order of fuckloads of dice and literally never worry about rolling the same dice over and over again?

I'm worried about only having 1 of each dice type for reasons including that I want to start running some Changeling: The Lost and that system is heavy as fuck on the d10's. If I only have 1 fucking d10, that means my players are going to need to reroll that fucker like 5+ goddamn times on average.

Visual mediums must be hell for you user.

Nope.

You can get packs of 10 d10s from chessex for about $10-$15. Get different colors for variety. If you're going to play White Wolf games you will want a lot of d10s.

Just go buy a $5 bag of cheap plastic dice that has enough of each type to meet your needs.

You should bumble into an art gallery one of these days, it'll be great for you.

I've been to multiple art museums, but thanks anyway.

Here's your (you).

Is driving also difficult for you? What with the colored lights and all.

No, I can't say that I've had any issues. It really is quite impressive how you just can't take the fact that you're wrong. Go ahead and try to insult me some more, I'll get some popcorn.

>you're wrong
But user, you've yet to prove that you're right.

Sure I did. I demonstrated how the post did not explicitly state what he claims it stated. That's all that is required for me to be right.

>I think electronic/application dice will rule the future
That will never happen. People enjoy the physical sensation of picking up and rolling dice too much. I can't begin to tell you how many people came to my table bragging about their dice rolling app and how clever they are for it, only to go to the store front and switch to physical dice come first break or the beginning of next session.

Physical dice will never, EVER go away. Not without a drastic change.

Except it was demonstrated that you made assumptions about the posts that are wrong.

The last group I played with openly cheated, only played DnD, and actively tried to make the most broken builds they could while the DM played favourites with his girlfriend. Group was cancerous as fuck, and I just tolerated them to finish out the campaign in the worst possible way.

Authorial intent is worthless. All that matters is what was actually posted.

Correct and what was actually posted demonstrates, very clearly, that you made assumptions that are wrong. Especially when you examine the content of the thread and it's original topic of discussion.

>table is cluttered with dozens of little bubbles so everyone can roll their dice

No, you simply showed us that your brain is too fundamentally broken to understand normal human communication and interaction.

>Correct and what was actually posted demonstrates, very clearly, that you made assumptions that are wrong.
Except it doesn't, as I've already demonstrated.
>Especially when you examine the content of the thread and it's original topic of discussion.
Already countered.

Got anything new to try?

>h-h-he uses logic and reasoning!
>better throw random insults at him!

You haven't demonstrated or countered anything user.

I know a blind guy who has an oversized electronic d6, programmed via remote; he throws it and it calls out whatever number (from d4 to d100) when it stops. I can see something like that being used in the future, with a die designed for aesthetic rolling that connects to an AR system that does the math. Would help with stuff like Shadowrun, Scion, and other games that have way too many dice.

I think you'll find that I have. Ignoring it does not make it go away.