How can I run Call of Cthulhu, but instead of the occult being real...

How can I run Call of Cthulhu, but instead of the occult being real, all the stupid hill-billy conspiracies turn out to be real? I'm talking shit like chemtrails, fluoride in the drinking water, the moon being a hologram, and the earth being flat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo
youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PY_CmhnC4dA
youtube.com/watch?v=D10mHOqSfd8
fluoridealert.org/issues/health/brain/
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/02/24/172688806/ancient-chompers-were-healthier-than-ours
filtersfast.com/P-Sensafe-Exact-Photometer-Fluoride-Strips-Kit.asp?kpid=486643&fsrc=G1F5F&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp486643&sc_intid=486643&gclid=CN6LnaOat9QCFQUIaQodKWkGwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unknown Armies might be better for that.

Or Chronicles of Darkness.

UA is basically Hillbilly conspiracy theory: the game.

Neat! Any advice on how I should run it?

Watch Repo Man, it's all you need to get the feel for Street Level Unknown Armies:
youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

Brilliant choice. Fuck, downloading again.

THEY'RE TURNING THE FRICKIN FROGS GAY

Go read the Motherboard and New York Times articles on gang stalking, maybe watch the videos by mister metokur.
Now just make that shit real, and orchestrated by Nyarlahotep for shits and giggles

Holy shit, I'm the one who shopped that sign into that picture like... fuck, five years ago?

It's not a coincidence...I've been following your work via videomancy for 6 years now.

Start out the campaign by having your players watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=PY_CmhnC4dA

Does anyone know enough about Alex Jones (other than memes) and tell me what conspiracies he actually believes in (again, other than memes).

How about you watch his fucking channel?

Because following a new channel from scratch and going through all their old videos is a fucking nightmare.

I watch Info Wars for comedy and I'll tell you this.
He believes in a new world order, he believes in aliens and he believes in demons.
He however does not believe in most of the more crazier shit people say he does.
Watch episode #911 of the Joe Rogan podcast for a bite sized version of Alex.

>Joe Rogan episode
Is that the one where he goes on and on about higher dimensions and the nature of good and evil and shit like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=D10mHOqSfd8

> fluoride in the water
> conspiracy

fluoridealert.org/issues/health/brain/

"what are dosages" the post.

Keep shilling, I'm sure the New World Order cares about you personally.

Run it as a straight game. Have the players think it will be far more subdued then what it is. Give them a basic opening that they are investigating potential abuses by the government blah blah but as they start playing start injecting the wackness.

When a player goes to make a knowledge check ask him/her when her character last ate her veggies (a very subtle nod to GMOs). Then when a player tries to do an intimidation, charm or social test that can be impacted by masculinity, ask them when they last drank tap water. Consult a "chart" and either tell them nothing, or make a comment "well that seems to be right under the limit, proceed".

Keep peppering the first session with odd, halfheartedly subtle, but gameplay wise completely unimportant questions in comments (as in you actually deal no penalties for these questions, with the exception of 1 or 2) to make them actually by into the fact that it is Call of Cletus. But in reality, you are just running a very standard game, it's just the players who think it's hillbilly CoC.

Also if any players question you on the weird questions, seemingly random dice rolls and checks, just tell them " Well you just have to figure it out don't ya?"

By session 2 you players will be playing their characters very differently and it becomes very fun.

The next step is to re-meta the game.Keep doing the random dice rolls for things and the questions but play the npcs as straight.

Nothing beats having your players try to explain to the NPC deputy sheriff why a perfectly healthy young man (PC) is running around with a medical oxygen tank strapped to his back and being used by him, while he wears a shitty rain poncho in 98 degree weather.

>fluoride in the drinking water
this isn't even a conspiracy theory, the theory is that they're intentionally putting unhealthy amounts in the water, while in fact fluoride is necessary for keeping teeth healthy and the places that add fluoride add less than what's naturally contained in many water sources.

This magazine can't be real. There's no way.

This is a really good idea. I'll have the players' start out with 'believable' conspiracies, like bigfoot, and aliens. Then, once they're into the groove of hillbilly-lite CoC, I'll dump the crazy stuff on them.

I mean that's literally the Deus Ex setting. In Human Revolution there's an obvious Alex Jones spoof on the radio who just so happens to be entirely correct about everything that happens in the game, even before the player becomes aware of it.

How do you explain Hunter gatherer level societies having almost no cavities, world wide with zero flouride?

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/02/24/172688806/ancient-chompers-were-healthier-than-ours

Combine adding a neurotoxin with decades of consistent politician lack of interest in improving the school system (most recently betsy devos who openly talked about abolishing public schools) and you have a suspicious picture of a plan to keep the average citizen dumb.

Does it take large amounts of flouride to see active effects, yes. But who is checking the levels being put in, and how many studies have been done on 30-40 year low level exposure?

Wow, it's almost as if they didn't eat processed crap, simple sugars, and acidic foods that pretty much directly eat away at the teeth.

>How do you explain Hunter gatherer level societies having almost no cavities, world wide with zero flouride?
Hominids, even up to early homo sapiens, had fucking monster teeth. Big ol' chompers with thick layers of enamel, good for eating the tough food of a paleo diet

>Who is checking the levels being put it
Literally anyone with the right equipment, including you. You can get a fluoride tester for nine bucks.
filtersfast.com/P-Sensafe-Exact-Photometer-Fluoride-Strips-Kit.asp?kpid=486643&fsrc=G1F5F&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp486643&sc_intid=486643&gclid=CN6LnaOat9QCFQUIaQodKWkGwA

Duh, user. Those testers are pre-set to only show (((correct))) levels and it's literally impossible to set up your own independent verification. I know this because I failed 6th grade science and concepts such as the scientific theory and creating my own experiment are completely foreign to me.

Just play Deus Ex.

>Whose checking the levels

I was for a long time actually. I worked for a utilities company. Checked the well houses every single day for chemical level imbalances to make sure your water was safe. Private company, not government owned, though we did take a few contracts from the county. So I know at the very least that the water in my area isn't filled with shit tons of fluoride, just the amount I put in it.

Lack of sugar.

look at rome. Lots of bread, pasta, veggies fruits... veeeeery little sugar.
Very few roman skulls with cavities.

Seriously.
I don't even believe the theory, but I Distill my water.

you should too, Free drinking water.

Grapes had lots of sugar, but they weren't eating those grapes.

South Americans had shit teeth due to the amount of corn they ate.

>neurotoxin

I do not think this word means what you think it means.