KND'ish Games?

Hey my wonderful fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls, are there any games that have a KND'ish aura about it? Kids doing things, potentially serious things, behind the backs of their parents and other adults?

I'd love to hear about any if you know bout em! Peas and Tanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34962764/#34962764
youtube.com/watch?v=2qvsbHlgNjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A few months ago (maybe even over a year at this point) there was a few threads about a concept called Kid Punk (like cyber/steam punk, except the aesthetic was makeshift junk cobbled together with childlike ingenuity) which was partly inspired by KND. Don't know if anything every actually came out of it.

>Kid Punk
That... sounds amazing. Maybe I'll name the thread Kid Punk if the opportunity comes that allows me to make another one.

Can you remember anything from then? Any idea's that were made?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34962764/#34962764

You are the best! I'm gonna be doodling while I'm looking at this, give me some idea's if you'd like.

Woah, the resolution on the pic was shit!

Monsters and Other Childish Things is kinda like juvenile JoJo. It's great for playing kids, but really needs the pet monster for 100%.

I've heard of it, but it just doesnt' fit the bill. It needs to be just kids or young teens.

Im interested in this game.

I dont have much experiance, but ive alwayse wanted to play a game as a kid in a grimdark and sometimes grim derp scenario.

I suppose ive played Equestria Tails once... but you cant really craft anything with that.

A great game for crafting is genius the transgression. Where you have to pick a theme that all your crafting looks like. So 1970s computer is one, another is steam punk. But i ended up creating my own called black pearl and tennifer.

>play a game as a kid in a grimdark and sometimes grim derp scenario.

I had this idea once where some magical event caused every adult to either die or be incapacitated and it was up to the kids to figure out what happened and to try and fix it or just straight up survive without any adults.

And do clarify since I did say magic, it was in a fantasy world with kids basically decked out in ill fitting hodge podge armor, over sized weapons and apprentice mages barely able to throw a fireball or light up the dark.

>Numbah 2 is a twig

LoL

If you grew up in Britain in the 90s you would be familiar with Australian TV show "The Tribe".

Basically the story was during (the cold war?) a bio weapon was created that killed all the adults in the world. The story follows kids meeting up to become "the tribe" after being abandoned by fleeing parents and taking refuge in a local mall and trying to avoid the ever present danger of the fascistic tribe lead by the oldest kid to still be alive.

There were babies being had and food scarcity. Trouble makers rolling in from other towns. I remember that subsequent series had such enemies as a sort of artificially intelligent armoured car that would hunt down and kill anyone in the town.

Hehe, 90s you so crazy.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qvsbHlgNjM

I didn't draw it, I just saved it cause Abigail looks damn fine in those shorts, apparently its them in their teens and to be honest Hoagie needed to lose that weight.

Dude, what!? Fucking hell I'mma see if this is online somewhere!

It's pretty garbage stuff in my opinion.

But that's expected from Veeky Forums

That is canon.

He got aged up on an episode and he looked like that.

>I don't like stuff
Ok.

I kind of agree actually, we can do better. Kids making junk forts innawoods, tree houses, junk boats to get to that neat little island in the lake. We can do better. The little rascals had those kick ass go carts, so why can their be junk carts.

World of darkness has a book called innocence if you want a modern potential dark game as being a child.

Well I wouldn't say a twig, but he did grow into his weight.

There's a lot that could have been better.

But Veeky Forums tends to build a setting to a barely acceptable point and then gets afraid to add or change anything. Instead they just masturbate themselves to it then forget out it.

Pfft fuck that. If anyone is willing to do this with me, I'll hammer out a decent amount of shit today.

Are we gutting or building off what currently exists?

Well... I think we'll need to cherry pick and repurpose whats there. Like the whole 16 classes thing at the beginning here, some of these would probably be better as traits that give you bonus points to skills or perks.

That being said, how about we pick an environment and start coming up with skills and traits that a kid from those kinds of places would have.

Like say from a rural area? Like hard footed from walking around barefoot on rocks and shit from an early age, giving a boost to endurance or something. You think that would be a good place to start off with or would you rather try something easier?

So Broquest?

I'd say we exchange contact info first. Openly designing something on Veeky Forums is how you get a lot of crap tossed in "for the lulz."

Too many cooks and all that.

And then, usually about a year later, when its brought up again someone will bitch about it and say they should make a new one, but it ends up being just as shit and much more forgettable than the original concept.

Just like Bugworld, Miasmapunk, and a million other ideas

I knew Bugworld wasn't going to take off when it started, which is why I didn't pitch in. And what the heck is Miasmapunk?

Whoops that was supposed to go to you. And sure why not? I've got a disposable here for Veeky Forums [email protected]

IT was originally one of those "lets build a setting by post" threads, that eventually took off on its own. Even had some art for it.

About 6 months later or so people tried to remake and "improve" it, but that went nowhere fast and was forgotten and scrapped quickly. This happens over and over again, whether it be a scifi or fantasy idea, as soon as people try to "improve" or "remake" an idea, it gets less steam and tends to not actually be an improvement, and only serves to drive the idea further into the grave.

It happened before, it will happen again, and it will happen to this. The ONLY exception that I've known about is Towergirls, and that shit wasn't even our original IP, we just sort of stole it from /v/ and have been keeping it on life-support.

Sometimes, its best to let ideas fade away naturally. Even if the wheel isn't perfect, if you try to reinvent it sometimes you'll just give it a new coat of paint that everyone will think is ugly and abandon it.

Well it seems that the issue here is that there are too many people putting in their piece, like a moot, instead of a dedicated amount of like minded people forming a tight group.

The issue is that once the moot is over not everyone who was in it the first time shows up again. You'll have some of the old crowd and a bunch of the new crowd trying to say their piece into something already established. Compromises are then made to get the ball rolling and sadly, it also compromises the integrity of the original work. You build on something, not chip away at the foundations.

Anyway that's besides the point. I'm gonna salvage what I can, scrap the rest and start over with something new and better in my opinion.

Towergirls has been in it's grave for a while.

It's just Veeky Forums likes to dig something up so they can fuck it.

user, if you need a third set of hands, I'd be willing to help with the mechanics too. Should I shoot you an email?

Sure! Go for it, a few extra hands and a mind to bounce ideas off of will be great!