What weapons have the most utility and usefulness? Be it medieval or modern, post them compared to the crowbar

What weapons have the most utility and usefulness? Be it medieval or modern, post them compared to the crowbar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o
knifecenter.com/item/CS88CSB/cold-steel-88csb-chinese-sword-breaker-carbon-steel-blade-rosewood-handle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrying_dagger#Swordbreaker
coldsteel.com/steven-seagal-sword-breaker.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA
youtube.com/watch?v=CWcHBx0ux0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The stick
>Need to stab something
Pointy stick
>Need to bash something
Blunt stick
>Need to travel long distances
Walking stick
>Need to jump long distances
Pogo stick
>Need to defend yourself
Parrying stick
>Need to hit something a long distance away
Tie a string to a large, bendy stick and use it to shoot a short, pointy stick
>Need to eat warm food
[Food] on a stick
>Forgot cutlery
Chopsticks
>Need to barricade a door with something
Why not a stick?
>Need to point something out
Why not a stick?
>Need something to draw in the sand with
Why not a stick?
>Need something to force open a chest with
Why not a stick?
>Inb4 "b-but what if someone breaks it?!"
Now you have two sticks. Dualwield sticks! Attack one guy twice! Attack two guys at once!

A zweihander is built in all aspects to hurt your opponent. From the blade to slice, to the crossguard to spike, to the pommel to bash

i wanna stick that elf

It's like a cross between a crowbar and a warhammer.

Axes. Work as decent weapons against chainmail, can be used to chop wood, hammer down nails, use the edge in some ways you would use a knife, to name a few uses.
In case anyone cries out that battleaxes are not woodcutting axes and vice versa, there are many samples of axes that can do both, although they tend not to be as effective in the field as their specialized counterparts, but they were more versatile. And generally not very big, so no walking stick axes - carry one on your belt.

Wrench, you degenerate

>only 2 uses
>bashing
>twisting things
>Ooh boy! There sure are alot of nuts I need to bust!

Get that gay shit outta here.

But what's the stick made our of? Certain woods and metals makes the difference in this stance.

The Knoife

They still issue them today to every soldier everywhere in the world, even when nobody is really expected to actually use one as a weapon.

What kind of knoife is it? Is it a knife or a dagger? Do they mainly use them for throwing practice or opening boxes?

A crowbar is just a specialized metal stick

A proper military knoif should be large and sturdy enough to pry at shit and dig with. It should be of fixed blade design, with a single edged blade that comes to a point.

Mostly it will open boxes and cut straps and shit.

It should probably be designed to affix to a rifle as a bayonet in case you need your gun to be a spear.

I'm having a hard time disagreeing with this logic. Let's say we make it a magic stick that can become any number of sticks of any size and weight for maximum utility

Shovel.
Proof of superiority: shovel knight
Dig, saw, chop, hit things, open bottles and cans.

ur just a specialized metal stick lmao

You want some kind of utility faggot?

Is a shovel just a fat stick?

A hatchet?

>blunt end can be used as a crude hammer, may even actually have a hammer end
>sharp end can be used for chopping things, scraping things (sharpening sticks, scraping skins clean, etc), also makes for a horrible entrenching tool (but better than a crowbar or random stick, since the blade is wide enough to be used like a trowel)
>could be thrown, especially if weighted correctly
>easy to carry, easy to find just about everywhere, blade can be salvaged if haft breaks - if blade breaks, could get a replacement blade or use a hammer head instead
>can start every combat with wanting to axe them a question

All weather/All terrain faggot.

Slavaboo here has a point. Nonfolding sharpened ww2-era russian infantry shovel is pretty much the apotheosis of utility melee weapons.

For combat & utility you gotta go with the entrenching tool

fpbp

stick win everytime

A shovel?

My dick

Calm down, Plastic Man.

Stick with a knife on the end. Now you can cut, stab, AND slash.

The spear is simply the greatest weapon ever devised. Checkmate swordaboos.

Now that is fantastic. Things are FUBAR'd? Get a FuBar!

This might work, it's a sword breaker, a dagger-shortsword intended to catch and potentially snap the blade of your opponent, wielded in your offhand. Not exactly sure how practical it is against real sharpened swords and such though.

the really good sword breakers were cruciform in shape, with a thick spine and 4 tapered edges, heavy as fuck and just over 3 feet long. that one was designed to match rapiers and the like and would often snap due to the notching along the spine of the blade.

I've never seen or heard of sword breakers that are over 3 feet long, even in most researches they show up as slightly longer daggers, do you mind providing me with a picture? Btw I am aware that they're cruciform, the image I provided is just some fancy game equipment that suits my own taste.

You forgot the vid
youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

knifecenter.com/item/CS88CSB/cold-steel-88csb-chinese-sword-breaker-carbon-steel-blade-rosewood-handle
here you go bud. I have one myself and i have used it to fuck up several blades for good measure.
30 inch blade, 38 overall.

also, your pic reference is a parrying dagger variant.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrying_dagger#Swordbreaker

also, cant verify the quality of this one cause i cant afford it, but it looks good. to bad its shillgal.
coldsteel.com/steven-seagal-sword-breaker.html

I thought you were referring to the European sword breakers lol. Chinese sb are absolutely terrifying, they're essence dense sticks you use to beat other people to death.

>Music
This appeals to my American sensibilities.

Hi Luke

why the fuck are people posting swords here

Just shittier sticks

>It should probably be designed to affix to a rifle as a bayonet in case you need your gun to be a spear.
Agreed. this is very important.

Shotgun

Yes, but the question was about utility, aka other things it can do aside killing people.

Mind or your hands

Warbar? crowmer?

>Be it medieval or modern, post them compared to the crowbar.

A crowbar's a crowbar, it only becomes a weapon if you're a superscientist in powered armour.

Warbar sounds sexy as hell.

If you can extend the shaft, I'll call it a kung-fu bar.

Almost anything can be a weapon if it's some combination sharp, solid, or heavy.

The problem is that capacity of inflicting injury is not the only criteria to judge a weapon by.

A person with a crow bar is going to be shit out of luck against someone with something that's a dedicated weapon.

Even something retarded like a sword, or something less retarded like a long-handled tomahawk, or something actually sensible, like a spear/walking adds enough value to justify it's weight.

It's hard to be smug about bag space and weight saving when you're dead.

Besides, they put prying bars on anything these days.

Meant to write
>Spear/walking stick*

Trips confirm for walking stick GOAT

What am I looking at?

>What am I looking at?
Well, when a Mommy Mallet and a Daddy Crowbar love each other very much, and also love threeways with screwdrivers, a miracle can sometimes happen...

Mr. Screwdriver?

Leave it to the commie gooks to overbuild the only thing they can actually make.

The imagination

Actually, its just a lever. For pulling things apart. that is.

You wedge the point into a gap, and then place the knob on the ground. Then you push down on the handle.

Mister screws the maid, the driver, the putter, and any-damn-body he pleases to.

the "Rescue" line of the FUBAR (made for firefighters and such) is significantly longer and can count as a proper warhammer.

>Actually, its just a lever. For pulling things apart. that is.
Got it.
It's a hubcap removal tool. Rubber mallet won't scuff your tire.

>6:30
I might actually have to get one of these for camping now.

Stick is love, Stick is life.

When I was a little boy we used to play stickball.

marcille is absolutely for lew

>cold steel
>steven seagull

fat heh

Far too short to ever be useful, even in its intended role.

I wanna play a warrior using a Fubar now, a sort of themed milita man.
1 handed version
1d8/1d8, x3, P or B, disarm, can replace the crowbar

2 handed version
1d10/1d10, x3, P or B, disarm, reach, can replace the crowbar

>"I, with my pointy stick, shall mildly annoy you!"

This guy gets it.

Halligan bar is better pic related
also good

Not as sexy as the Fubar desu

This nigga has clearly never been jabbed with a properly sharpened and fired piece of hardwood.
Mildly annoy? Try right through your ribcage and out of your back. Even through your 8-24 inches of fat.

As a professional demolishionist: I can say firsthand that thing would fuck some shit up and very fast.
10/10, would swing 'n' pry.

Faggoty option.
*ding*
NEXT.

Usually the point is tapered or in the case of some militaries, they have a clipped-style point--similar to a buck knoife.
This can be helpful for gutting the enemy :D and more realistically cutting through clothing to get to injuries quickly to do field dressings.

Hatchets are pretty sweet. Patrician taste.

What is a hatchet, really, except two oddly shaped sticks stuck together?

>What is a hatchet, but a miserable pile of sticks stuck together.

My favorite Pokemon.

>using a pipe wrench on a nut

Jesus, it's like you want to strip your nuts completely and make them almost impossible to get off.

A crowbar is not a good weapon, life is not video games.

Anything could be a good weapon, especially if it's sturdy and effective at causing damage to a person or thing. I've never played Half-Life but Gordon Freeman has the right idea.

Though I did read The Boys and got a hard on for crowbars there.

Crossbows. Only issue is the long reloading times.

>utility
>just shoots things

Fireaxe

Which reminds me...
youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA

ive been redpill'd on sticks, from now on all of my characters will have one, thanks user.

What about a stick that can shoot?

Shooting game animals to provide food counts as utility.

The nugget is an awful lot of bang for your buck, but it's not exactly versatile. Heavy, long, and not very accurate without putting a lot of work into it.

that is one utilization, crossbows can't do anything other than shoot bolts, and maybe serve as a shitty delicate club in close quarters

more like a sharp oar

youtube.com/watch?v=CWcHBx0ux0g

What has the most utility? A tool or a workshop that makes all tools?
The human body and mind are the only tools a real man needs.

Monk calm down.

I believe in you.

There's no way one stick can do all of this at once.

When it's military you want your tool to do as many things as possible.
I kind of want one.

>Not the kraut Sarge taking names in the trench All Quiet on the Western Front

Bruh...

You both got it wrong.
It's a 180 degrees-bladed axe.