Is there a more simple form of DnD to play with normie-esque friends?

Is there a more simple form of DnD to play with normie-esque friends?

Basic D&D.

You don't get to bring friends.

Well, excluding 5e, how about you play some Fucking D&D?

Don't play dnd.

Into The Odd.

Play a board game like talisman instead?
The only way to make dnd a game for normies is to remove the roleplaying aspect. There's an article of "beer and pretzel" RPGs about GURPS that's worth reading.

>Normal friends
>Posting on 4chins

Hmmm

Not really.

You could try playing something better, though.

Like what?

If you mean P&P RPGs, you could run FATE. It's rules light and narrative driven. If you want D&D, then go 5e

>Need a simpler DnD for normie friends
They are not normies, they are retards

Don't know...mine are about to get thrown off the deep end with Kingdom Death whenever that comes in.

FAE is the light one, FATE itself is medium.

It's also not really a good normie game imo.
Check OSR games (Barbarians of Lemuria?), Dungeon World,if you like the combat Strike!

Pathfinder card game.

>If you mean P&P RPGs, you could run FATE. It's rules light and narrative driven.
FATE is objectively the worst system to run with people who are not dedicated writers OR just want to have fun.

It's also not rules fucking light. It's narrative-driven but there are lots of rules.

Run the Tomb of Horrors and play with whatever remains

I second fucking D&D, our group loves it when we're missing people and wanna improv

I'm actually building something like a DnD but a more "robust".

I try to remove all the "logistics" and pendaticism from DnD, essentially creating DnD without the bureaucracy.

Small char sheet, simple battles, mainly focused in storytelling and the core of the game is the random generation of the world, encounters, creatures etc.
The randomness comes from huge wide lists of categories, rolling dice species the category of an encounter and the creature and you choose between a small range of actions.

Just play 5e

they just need to know, how a skill check, saving throw, attack roll, initiative and magic works.

The rest is on you, when something new comes up, you can explain it to them, but to be ready to play, you basically just need about half a hour with premade characters

Dungeon World. Yeah everyone on here hates it but it's a workable system that is very newbie friendly.

So you're not actually looking for something simpler at all.

4u

doing all that shit just makes it more complicated.
play 5e, use a campaign book. the only rule your players need to know at the start is "The player decides what to do on their turn and describes it, and the DM describes the result". If they aren't a waste of skin they'll pick up the rules. "Normie" is something grogs and mouthbreathers on the internet use to make themselves feel superior.

I am, I'm continuing my minimalist version of a DnD-esque game until I find a really simple and fun mode of DnD.

You could start with one-page systems and then move on to 5e.

where can I find more one-page systems?
What are the best campaigns?
There's so many books, themes, stories, I'm lost.

Look up Microlite20. They've beaten you to the punch about 300 times over for the last 10 years consecutively.

redpill = DnD 5e is shit