How much would you pay for a 3d printed WarHound Titan?

How much would you pay for a 3d printed WarHound Titan?

I'm currently part way through printing a Lucious Pattern WarHound Titan for a new client.
I'm not a Veeky Forums fan and have absolutely no idea how to price this project.
So far i'm at around 118 hours into printing time because i;m printing this extremely slow at the best quality settings on my printer.

I also intend to tip the original designer around 25% of whatever profit i earn from this and any future prints of this design.

so yeah, if you wanted a WarHound kit 3d printed, how much would you be willing to pay?

bump

Pricing of any retail product needs to take into account development and manufacture costs.
However much you're compensating your designer, your take needs to at least cover the cost of the time and material expended on your print, and still provide you with a profit.

The Warhound Titan currently retails for £280, plus £42 per weapon system. So, your price can't exceed £364 unless you're offering a significantly better product than the real thing - greater detail, lighter weight, easier assembly, whatever. Based on the photos you've posted, you aren't there, yet.

Try posting this thread again when you have more to show than the basic geometry of the torso.

Wait, so you started working on this without settling on a price?

Because what you deserve and what someone would be willing to pay for that (significantly less than ForgeWorld prices) are hugely different sums.

As it stands right now, I wouldn't pay more than I'd pay for foam blocks of the same size, and foam has the benefit of being more versatile than a huge, undetailed chunk of plastic.

client specified no detail because he intends to kit bash the hell out of it.thanks for the pricing, now i feel £150 is fair to both myself and the client, there'll be various weapon options included in the model, around 8 in total

i'd agreed a price, which i think is fair for both myself and client of £150, really just wanted it confirmed i'm not allowing either of us to be ripped off.

yeah i get that, not a lot going on in these pics right now.
i intentionally started with the most time consuming pieces, the main hull itself was a 32 hour print and is basically just a box

£150 sounds fair to him if he already agreed to it (no offense, but I wouldn't)

It definitely doesn't sound fair to you, though. Nearing a pound an hour at this point with your planned tip to the designer, which is basically slave wages.

yeah the hourly rate kinda sucks, but at the end of the day i'm only hitting the print button and getting on with other things. just trying to find an outlet or niche market for printing and the whole table top gaming seems ideal. this is more of a hobby than anything else, don't intend to become rich doing it

How well does the 3d printing come out? Because in my experience with 3d printers, the end product usually isn't smooth, and it wouldn't lend itself to painting for wargaming

Depending on the level of detail, probably £90 - £150

all depends on how much time you're willing to invest in each piece.
i'm printing each part in this model at 0.06mm layer hieght and going very slow at 12mm/second for the outer shells with 20% infill to add a bit more weight and strength.

for comparasson if i were to print the main hull section at 0.2mm layer and at 50mm/second and 10% infill it would have taken around 6 hours to print as opposed to the 32 hours at the finer setting.
it's not completely smooth but a quick layer of high build primer is often more than enough to smooth out the almost silky texture of the completed item.

there's a shit ton of detail to be printed yet. riveted panels,door panels, mushroom vents, louvered vents, extra weapons, cockpit interior. it'll be as comprehensive as a legit kit. if not more so.

heres an example that shows the level of finish the printer is capable of.

>would you pay money for this styrafoam block?

no, I wouldn't

once you can 3d scan and print miniatures at a high level of detail in minutes then you'll have something to sell. until then just stick to printing terrain.

this should give you a better idea of the model.
none of the detailing is added to this, they're all seperate individual items

Why is the head an ice cream truck

no idea, ask the designer.

5€ if you pay the shipping

although i am including in this kit a Robin Reliant replacement head because why the fuck not?

seems legit, whats your paypal, credit card number, expiry date and 3 digit code on the back and i'll ship it right away

An hug and a banana.

hugs are so under rated, my favourite offer so far.

Please tell me you didn't make that a solid hunk of plastic

no, its almost hollow inside, the walls are all 1.2mm thick and theres 10% infill in the interior.

He can't put that on the table! People will laugh at him!

Imperial Minecraft Titan.

the next one he wants done is a Phantom Titan , which i've already printed the head as a sample.
looks far better IMHO, but hey i'm not a fan