Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1556: Banchó Is Beautiful Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pguMUFyJ3_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This user isn't.

I think I just threw up in my mouth at OP

>COO/COG
>?
Coordination/Cognition, from Eclipse Phase's stat array.

Friendly reminder that Glenn Garth has great rates.

How often do you power-up? Not including gaining new perks and powers just by jumping

How strong are demons in charmes, how strong are witches?

Would I be better off killing demons for their powers or witches?

Trust me I gave him the benifit of the doubt and got a comission from him, he is shit. He cannot NOT draw fat ugly fetish shit. I wanted a normal picture and he cannot do normal.

Any interesting stories where you did pull up eldritch gods or galactic polities?

Every jump I do the Disgaea reincarnation thing, this mixes well with Gamer perks so its always a grind.

When I do these things I often sunbathe with the kryptonian perks

If you want some pretty good comissions, nothing nsfw and no furry art, check out this page. The rates are reasonable and they do good work.

non-fatmilk.tumblr.com

Demons are generally stronger in terms of raw power, but Witches tend to be more versatile. Demons tend to be Evil, as well, though a lot of "good" beings are plenty dickish. Also, it shouldn't really matter which you kill because absorbed Powers should benefit/weaken based on your magical power, not who you got it from.

Also forgot to mention that if you steal Powers form a Witch, you probably won't get what makes them versatile (unless they were really lucky and ended up with a Power way better than spellcasting).

To the guy in the last thread who wanted to remake Fairy Tail: Just do it. /jc/ will shit itself the moment anything or anyone changes status quo, this is nothing new. And even if the thread doesn't accept the jump, I'll use it instead of the heap of shit we have right now. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Besides, even if you think that the current jump is good, there have been tons of new developments in the series that haven't been accounted for.

Did you just not sleep yet or did you take a three hour nap to wake up and shitpost immediately?

As much as you would like anyone with an opinion other than your own to be the shitposter, I have to disappoint you. I simply want more and better content.

Thanks, I got the power mimic ability, the heartless power devouring, and a blood stained athame to get more out of it.

It's too early for lies.

It's 1 o' clock here mate. Not everyone lives in the same timezone.

>I'm sure I'm not the only one

I'm just saying, guaging this comment chain you look pretty lonely there

1 oclock is either too early or you have no job or life.

>1 o' clock
>mate
But it's 11:40 in England...
Regardless, I agree with you. The fairy tale Jump is pretty shit but /jc/ is gonna /jc/

As if everyone who reads this thread posts here. Besides, agreeing with me would just invite more shitposting from you guys.

You mean you don't have a job where you can browse the internet at all times? I pity you.

A question about the Eclipse Phase jump: When it says that we can make additional hab cylinders, do they have to be connected to the others or can we have multiple habitats floating around? I'd assume they'd have to be connected, but I just want to make sure.

A Generic Ghost Story Jump sounds cool to me, user. You have my blessing if you needed it.

>Fairy Tail

I mean, it's not the best jump, but there are much worse jumps that need a replacement first. Medaka Box or Code Geass are some of them.

I, uh.

I don't think I can answer that question adequately out of character, because I'd need an understanding of logarithmic equations and quantum computing we haven't reached yet. It would be more accurate to say I'm in a constant state of powerup between-

>Cthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast/Elders of the Pact+Angel of Death+Cast Aside This Vessel+A Monster's Strength+Domains: Perfection, Growth, Artifice etc. (Skyfather-empowered subsouls)+Majin Soul
>Border of Impossibility+Mu+Page of Void+Legacy of the Great War: Big Red+The Science of Evolution
>Pulling Powers Out Of Her Ass+Go Further Beyond+Skyfather+Greatest Magician of the Age+Sorcerer Semi-Supreme+Abyss of Magic+A Rare Genius+The Unlosing Jumper/Main Character
>Spiral Energy+The Power Cosmic+Outside Help+Karmatron Dynamics+Data Overmind

For a while now there's a vast part of me that's basically a quasi-real cyclone of constant, brute force escalation through process of elimination by mortal kombat.

It's just one that I take great pains to not let affect my judgement, so I don't really look like I'm powering up at all very often. I just wear an inscrubtable facade of lightyears of formless holy plasma and hope nobody notices.

I mean, given that in a sense the very concept of powerups has been internalised as a natural process into myself, you could just as well say I don't powerup at all. Because I have become the powerup.

>galactic politics

I stopped Jar Jar Binks from being elected as Naboo's representative by running myself, does that count?

Yeah, they have to be connected to each other.

Anyone doing a Wolfenstein: The New Order jump?

Piggy-backing on that, Jumpers, tell me about your favorite STAT system and explain why.

Yeah, I thought so. Well, it was a stupid plan, anyway. I was going to run them through the standard Biggus Dickus formula for enlarging ships, then use them as full space colonies. I've recently become obsessed with the thought of making the Cosmic Era setting of Gundam a bit less stupid by having my own space nation up there so it's not just ZAFT and a few Earth Alliance military bases. But I just can't get a population that matches theirs, even the lowest conservative estimate has ZAFT at twenty-eight million and the best I can get with my current plan for colonies that follow me (four Orbis stations from Elite Dangerous) is three and a half million. And I can't just run them through the Biggus Dickus, they're Stanford Toruses and making them any larger will start tearing them apart. Really, what I need is more stations, ZAFT has 119 of the damn things. Even with my design being so much more space-efficient than their terrible colonies, I'm still losing out on scale.

Yeah I have no problem with it either but reckon it might be a tricky one to make. Maybe I have not heard enough ghost stories.

>Majin Soul
What's that from?

Disgaea

Anons, have you ever considering commissioning a jump

who did you think Dirge was

I just make a jump if I want it. It's not that hard.

Not that I know of. Are you going to do it?

I would in a heartbeat.

Already started.

>"It's not that hard"
>Looks a the six unfinished WIPs sitting without any virtual progress in the last three months

Rolled 54 (1d816)

Fine, then I'LL roll for a topic jump.

What ones?

>Barkley’s Shut & Jam Gaiden
Is this a joke jump?

Almost never. I don't really do the whole DBZ screaming saiyan powerpump thing, rather, I do Freeza's thing, where I gradually "reveal more of my true power", and/or take the fight more seriously.
And if that doesn't work, I'll run away.
If I "power up", it's usually via outside sources, like converting all my warehouse power systems to mana generation and then jacking my body into some wiring through a warehouse portal I put on a frisbee, and then getting a massive surge of magical power until the left half of my body fucking explodes. Protip: Grab the Key Crest from Tales of Symphonia before you do that.

More in terms of , though, I'm constantly getting a negligible but constant powerup after Nadia and I swapped pinky fingers. Because we both have life gems, right? So we both produce infinite amounts of blood. And I get powerups from taking in extra blood, and Nadia gets powerups because my blood in particular is stupid ridiculous, so that's pretty neat. Actually, I'm pretty sure she gets more out of it than I do.

Like, favorite form of statistics? That's a weird question, but I guess I like Fallout's SPECIAL system just because it's very unique.
In terms of building for, though, I had the most fun in BESM's pointbuy system. I like pointbuys. Mutants & Masterminds has an identical and even maybe slightly superior system, but I haven't ever really gotten to play that.

It's a real jump of a joke game.

It's not. It's interesting, actually.

>until the left half of my body fucking explodes
I choose to believe that you have done that for the sake of doing that in order to throw a fight but still look serious.

We don't even have a standard Wolfenstein jump.

Didn't the sequel just get announced? Will you be around to update?

Oh yes, I'll be around for sure. The sequel is what made me want to do this.

How strong is the spin /jc/?
Assuming the user in question bought all spin options from the Jojo jump.

Great, looking forward to it!

Nope, and the game's actually pretty damn cool.

Strong enough to break through one of the most powerful Stand's abilities in the series. Guy could open gateways to parallel universes, then got protected by Jesus' corpse creating an absolute probability field that redirected misfortune at threats to him. But a cowboy who literally only got his Stand mid battle with this guy was able to land a decisive blow or two. And he was finished off another guy whose Stand evolved to use the Spin better and better.

Oh, and that guy (Johnny) could use the Spin to move through timestops. This is a big freaking deal because all things being equal, in JoJo time powers are normally only beaten head on by even stronger time powers.

So could I kill gods with the spin?
What is it's highest limit?

Depends on the god, I imagine, but if it doesn't kill them it'll make them wish it could. First guy I was talking about-Funny Valentine? When he went up against Johnny Joestar the Spin warped space and time such that he kept being, er, spun back underground and got buried alive even though he tried escaping into OTHER UNIVERSES. And Stand aside, he was just a president.

Highest limit? Not sure; it's said to pack infinite rotational energy, and when Johnny went up against another version of Dio he mainly defended himself by trying to throw the Spin-affected target at Johnny. If you assume Eyes of Heaven is a reliable source The World Over Heaven can apparently negate it by punching, but that's unhelpful and unreliable because 1. The World Over Heaven is already a poorly defined plot device of a Stand and 2. Eyes of Heaven isn't canon.

Kinda depends on your definition of a god there, doesn't it.

Though by the way-I'm talking about the most powerful Spin ability specifically-the Super Spin, buffed by something else. Again, Johnny's Stand was geared to maximise the Spin; nobody else pulled off his level of proficiency, not even the other Stand user and senior Spin user Gyro.

Spin tricks just using thrown steel balls "merely" include things like twisting arms to drop guns, causing brain hemmorhages, moving wounds on the body away from vital areas and harmlessly hitting a guy to hurt the guy behind him.

Alright.
Theoretically could a /co/co's bizarre adventure stand be used to maximize spin?

I remember there was some subtle difference between the two-JoJo Stands are fighting spirit, and /co/co/ Stands are...something I remember thinking was very much like fighting spirit?

Anyway IIRC the guidelines in the jump are pretty much identical to JoJo Stands so that one detail I don't quite remember aside I think so.

I like these suggestions for Companions a lot.
In hindsight I feel like the companion section is the weakest part of the jump, and I feel like these suggestions would help it.
Thanks user.

>This is really clever. Since you are paying CP for import slots I'd change it from holding 4 mantles/profiles to 12, to match the 12 Olympians, and note that if you have other methods of granting/transferring/awakening powers you can incorporate those into a mantle as well.
I like the idea of this. I hesitated on the matter and added an arbitrary cap because I had some concerns about how it would be received, but now I feel confident enough in it that this suggestion strikes me as a good idea.
Although I think 8 is more appropriate for jumpchain. But I'll add an ability to pay to increase the cap further.
And perhaps reduce its overall cost.

>A related issue, recently companion loyalty became a topic, and one of the issues raised was that they liked perfectly loyal companions because if a companion left 100 jumps in, a new companion would never catch up. How about letting a copy of a companion's powers gained over the many jumps be stored in the urn if the companion chooses to stay behind or return home? So a later companion could take up their mantle and powers?
I don't have a problem in principle with including this, although the implementation for jumpers may be a bit weird. With power sets that don't thematically fit the new companion. I'll add ability to crop elements out of the mantle, just in case.

That is what Twiceblessed can do using Hybrid Vigour; convert CP to PP at a one to one ratio.

I don't quite agree with all that you are saying here, but I'll keep it in mind as I look again at the Companion section.

contd.

>The Charmed ones as the world’s protagonists probably are worth 600 CP for the Set, but should fit in one companion slot. Them being strongest together united as one is basically their thing.
No problem. Although I think I should give the option to take a set of three out of the four that they like best, and maybe take all four for a small additional charge.

>This is to specific
I disagree, and make quite clear that it is guidance, not rules. A resource, not a restriction.

>D&D magic.
Avatar Link is not a telepathic hive mind perk. You cannot share knowledge with it. End of.
But you can share magical energy and powers. And the closest approximation under D&d is prepared spells and spell-like abilities. You could rule that one member of the Link can send a prepared spell to another Member of the Link, who can then treat it like having a copy of a scroll of the spell and can learn from it, or scribe a copy into a spellbook.
The knowledge cannot be transferred directly but with a bit of creativity there can be work-arounds.
Although given the costs of the perk I would rule that the inefficient of energy transfer would oblige the 'teacher' to send two copies of the spell to the 'student' with one being sacrificed as the cost.

>Powers that exist due to an outside force
Power that isn't in you can't be stolen from within you. That just seems like common sense to me, but I'm open minded enough to be open to a counter-argument.

>Is a packaged power made to be transferable from person to person, and since it being able to be stolen was a thing, even had structural DRM so if it was stolen, it could only be used by a someone with a proper Heroic Mortal Soul.
What exactly are you trying to say here? That they should be seen as Powers? That they shouldn't? That it doesn't matter because of the DRM'ing and the need for a heroic Mortal?
I'm a little unclear on exactly what you are saying here.

contd

CP – Tuatha Be Damned
Good point. I'll change that to you needing at least one power.
>If / is
Thanks for spotting that, user.

>Why is this a thing?
Because Charmed is vague as all get out about the afterlife.
Some people who die can go to the Heavens and become Angels, but who knows what happens to everyone else. To complicate matters further, what afterlives do exist also seem to be selective basic on ethnic background, with one of the Yama Kings coming after an American-Asian ghost in season 1.
There are places where some Supernaturals go when banished, but calling that an 'afterlife' doesn't seem right from what little we see. There is also information in the Comic about the Demonic Wasteland that makes it even less likely to my mind that it is a true blue afterlife.
On top of that, it's a 100CP drawback; if it gave you substantial and wondrous insights into the nature of life and death and what comes after shouldn't it be a perk.

CP – To (Not) Serve in Hell
Fair point. I'll correct that oversight.

>Scenarios
Hmm. I like the idea. Leave it with me, please.

>Avatar note
>Should not be prohibited in setting. Change to "You may join the Avatar collective, but the Avatars cannot become companions, and the link to the collective cannot reach out of jump, and will be severed (separating you from those powers) when you leave."
That seems like a reasonable adjustment to me.
I'll add it to the jump.

How would the Spin affect Spiral Power?

Might make it more powerful since spirals spin?

I'm inclined to say no more than any other powerful concentration of kinetic energy, but I'm honestly not 100% sure. The Spin has some esoteric stuff to it (healing flesh somehow-or aging it rapidly, with Gyro's Stand) and the fact it CAN affect Stands implies some conceptual element.

If I had to guess though-I suspect it'd amplify and focus Spiral Energy a lot because Spiral Energy itself is all about transforming into a better state conceptually, and the Spin's based on the ideal ratios and angles at which it's energy is directed. A tiny core drill packing all the power behind one of the big robot finishing move ones, maybe.

Hey brother user, would it be possible to have a lower cp to pp conversion option? 600 is pretty expensive and the only power I want to buy is 100 pp, but I already used the 600 and am just 100 away from the drawback limit.

Could you detail your problem please and be clear whether you are talking in terms of CP or PP and I'll see if I can help.

>I disagree, and make quite clear that it is guidance, not rules. A resource, not a restriction.
I feel like you should make this a bit more clearer, because even though you used words like "guidance" in the description, it still felt like those definitions were absolute.

>Avatar Link is not a telepathic hive mind perk. You cannot share knowledge with it. End of.
I think he meant that the spells that dragon knows should be able to be shared because they it developed them naturally, like a Power would bud off into related Powers.

>Power that isn't in you can't be stolen from within you. That just seems like common sense to me, but I'm open minded enough to be open to a counter-argument.
Powers in charmed can be granted by one being to another, and there even exist Powers that have this specific function. People can still steal those Powers in-setting. This is basically what Charyeoks are, Powers granted to people by other beings. I think he explained quite well how they are similar: both can be taken back by the person who granted it, the power-granter dying does not make you lose the Power, and you power it, not they. So if Charyeoks don't count as Powers, those Powers in Charmed that can be granted to other beings also shouldn't (which would be quite stupid and non-canon).

>What exactly are you trying to say here? That they should be seen as Powers? That they shouldn't? That it doesn't matter because of the DRM'ing and the need for a heroic Mortal?
I think he means that they should be seen as a Power because they behave as a Power: can be transfered from one person to another, and it can be stolen in-setting (that's why it got DRM,. and a clause that only Heroic Mortals can use them). The same with Boosted Gears really, they are basically Powers as well.

I have been hoping for a Wolfenstein jump for ages, hope it goes well user I need more settings where I can kill Nazis.

>Not wanting to be the Nazis.

Well you have a cp to pp convert perk, but the perk is 600 cp to 600 pp. That is extremely high for a point conversion and usually they go 50 to 50 or 100 to 100. With it as it is now you can only convert cp to pp in 600 point slabs.

I really only need 100 pp to buy the power I want, as a demon I have no spare pp to do it with. So in order to buy a 100 pp power I HAVE to spend 600 cp on the point conversion, I was asking if it would be possible to get a lower increment point transfer option instead of 600 cp slabs.

Dies Irea might have that option, considering there is a Reinhard perk line.

Indiana jones can let you be nazis

It's basically my favorite RPG because it's more or less a 'sequel' to Space Jam and it actually has a really well done Mario RPG-like active battle system despite being turn-based. It helps that the game actively pokes fun at the usual shit, though in different ways.

For example, it deliberately has trap options in the techniques for Barkley

The Holy Dunk and whatnot are actually WAY weaker than the basic double-teaming in pure damage output but are mana guzzlers and flashier. They're deliberately so much less efficient it feels like it's meant to be a gag on the usual logic of "more mana = better"

In general it feels like a JRPG plot, and intentionally so, but basically using every element of Space Jam and that entire weird part of the 90's to show how ridiculous the tropes are when you take something that seems reasonably cool (practitioners of a lost art persecuted by a secret police due to said art having caused the end of the world, with the chief leader being considered one of the greatest practitioners of said art before the apocalypse and only turning around due to losing his family) when that lost art isn't magic or martial arts, but basketball

The evil megacorp is Square-Enix-Goya

There was a shady laboratory studying the lost art...of basketball, before the apocalypse, and there's even a magicite gag too with Slamicite and Jamicite

Jojo Stands are Fighting Spirit, the will to survive and to win

/Co/Co/ stands are made of [Star] energy, the energy of dreams and wishes

After all

youtube.com/watch?v=pguMUFyJ3_U

When you wish upon a star~

this is still crazy how much it fits, because the Old Country where [Star] research is at its most advanced? It's the country where the Warner Bros+Warner Sister are royalty. Which means Wakko's Wish is canon in Coco's bizarre adventure. A story that involves a fallen [star] that grants wishes. I'm losing my mind.

What are the odds of the Metro jump being updated when Exodus comes out?

Depends. Does the Spiral Power create Fibonacci's spirals?

Charyeok do stop granting powers when they die. What are you talking about?

I'm mulling over some ideas for doing the civilization jump. The possibilities are expansive, at the very least.

>Alt-chain builder to combine with Minecraft
>Civilization of Villagers
>Gregtech Minecraft with Tech/Warmonger victory

>VtR jump, pick Daeva for Majesty
>embrace a bunch of people
>start a blood cult and grant immortality to the faithful
>Religion spreads when people readily fall under the spell of charismatic cult leaders and death can actually be defeated by vampires, conveniently sweeping all those exsanguinated corpses under the rug.

>Dota 2 jump
>Take eternal harvester
>slaughter enemy civs indiscriminately
>lay claim to millions of souls

Just a few off the top of my head.

...pretty sure you've misunderstood what that thing with alt chain builder combine option does.

I don't know man, I never even read that shit. I was just reiterating the points of that other user 'cause he didn't understand them. Although, don't get most of the gods killed in that series? How do the humans keep their Charyeoks then?

Dies Irae jump when

Charyeok don't need to be gods. They can be any kind of spirit, even the spirits of humans like Jack the Ripper. There are a couple who have physically died and still become Charyeok but apparently that's because their spirits are still around.

Don't think so. That was the case in older versions where it explicitly stated Jumps that take place in the same universe (All the Dragon Ball jumps, for example) could be jumped with a shared point pool. This version of alt-chain builder seems to indicate that I could if I wanted to.

You could make the argument either way, but I think it'll be good fun, particularly in the tech oriented chain I was planning.

Val said they were writing down ideas while they read the VN of it.

The Spiral Power isn't for ants user.

There will be at least one origin connected to the LDO, of course.

In time.

Have the two-iterations-later version.

You'll be able to be and/or beat up Nazis at your leisure in Wolfenstein.

At least one? You mean there might be more then one just for the LDO?

>be and/or beat Nazis
>you can be a Nazi that beats up other Nazis
I did Nazi that coming.

Huh. So, take the Charyeok Thor for example. If the god Thor dies, the guy who has that Charyeok is fucked?

Can't wait, mind if I ask which route you are on atm?

Pretty sure I'm on Marie's route.

Most likely. Already splitting Valeria, Rea and Lisa into a Priest origin.

The original DOOM and Wolfenstein were set in the same universe. Does that mean that the reboots are set in the same universe too?
Because I thought the DOOM Marine is the descendant of the guy from Wolfenstein?

Depends. The contracts can persist past at least physical death because the spirits remain around. That's why Heracles and the main character's clones can still act as Charyeok. Jack the Ripper is long dead yet his spirit is still around. The powers only last while the bond between them is active. If they get cut off from each other, all the powers the user might have are lost until they reconnect.

Ah Marie's route was my favorite out of the 4, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No idea, Wolfenstein is a different timeline. It makes some references to earlier games but not to all of them and it changes a bunch of things as well. So all we know is that alternate versions of some past games still took place but others may not have.

Oh, I'm loving the shit out of this game. It lives up to my expectations in every way. Might play some more now actually.