>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Question time
why are elves the best at everything?

old thread >53724831

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/rBeOud3.jpg
mega.nz/#!u9l2XIgJ!SpyL_tHp6bL9rd5noYmeBAcQri5_Ff6ZhA9d3C__0Ic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this game is apparently as dead as the elves in the AOS setting.

Huh-uh.

So, you're going to repeat this every time to maintain your self-denial?

How active are the AoS generals usually? Three posts in 40min seems kinda dead, but it could just be the hour.

Not dead, just not getting any new stuff because of 40k new edition. As soon as that dies down and AoS is in focus again, then the threads will be active

These days the activity is fairly low. Until two or so weeks ago we made a thread every 23-26 hours. With the buzz of 8th we are doing a thread every 40-50 hours.

more like every thread for the last couple weeks has archived with between 200 and 300 posts due to inactivity after languishing for 3+ days on life support.

I wonder if that's why the /wfbg/ is a bit more active now too? A sort of feedback cycle - 8th edition is drawing attention away from AoS so it's generals slow down, slower general causes people to lose interest in posting until it picks up again?

300 posts is called saging, dude. After those no matter how much "activity" there is.

But well, I guess you'd think that tg/ is where 99% of tabletop games' fanbases reside so you're making an actually EXTREMELY well informed guess.

True, but under 300 posts and falling off from inactivity is called a dead game.

well what did you expect? GW blew up the setting and then did nothing but release bland ugly Samecast Boreternatls and super over the top Blood skull reaper blood crusher skull red things. It doesn't help that they also completely bombed on delivering any kind of decent fluff for the setting.

Then with the power suits and chain swords for the KO overlords I think it just turned a lot of people off from the game.

So,are you done with sameing? We really don't want you sperging it out all over the place.

nice try fag

Touche. Well, you both can go whine to your shitholes, desu. Not that I have much to do at this hour.

I still play it, discuss and engage with the game a lot, I just stopped posting here. Repeating the same shit was getting quite tiresome.

i.imgur.com/rBeOud3.jpg

Wut.

I don't know why anyone ever thought he "fused" with his dragon. It was a pretty stupid meme from the get go.

Oh, so it's a shitposting edition? Save your salt for bumping the thread if you are so bored with fantasy general

Also riddle me this. I'm thinking about starting an Ironjawz army. Is Weirdnob Warband a good box to complete the Start Collecting? Is pic related a good bundle for the Ironfist? I want to drop gore-gruntas of course and shamans. Even without using them two Warband boxes (130$) seem to be a better choice budget-wise than buying two boxes of brutes and box of 15 arboys (153$) - these 5 extra ardboys are actually useless. Is there any better way to brew up the Ironfist and save $?
>inb4 ebay
Only new stuff

Allegiance: Destruction

Heroes
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 8x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- 2x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 8x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- 2x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1000/1000

Worst part it was an accepted as truth meme, like stormcasts being spirits inside armors. Even though since mighty battles of age of sigmar and gates of azyr we knew this wasn't the case.

You've got a standard ironjaw list.

Also, what I did was get 3 SC! and 2 WW plus a megaboss. 2200pts under 300 euros before 15% discount.

With KO, I've seen a bunch of people consider, if not outright pick AoS up, when they wouldn't even look at it earlier. The skydwarves were the best move from GW in ages when it comes to warhammer.

Because people are stupid.

Link?

That looks like a fused dragon thing no?

>The horrors of unending warfare send once brave mortal troops fleeing for their lives (Huamans, Elves, Dwarf, Ogres)
>Once bolstered in courage by greater numbers, as their forces shrink in size, it is better flee and fight another day... (Skaven, Goblins, Orcs)
>Even the unliving begin to crumble, dissipate and flicker out of existence as Necrotic / Daemonic energies deplete (Undead, Daemons)
>The Forces of Azyr must pick their battles wisely, it is better to retreat than fight a losing conflict (Stormcast, Seraphon)

This explains battleshock good enough, right?

I like it

>Elves
don't exist in the new setting.
>looks like a fused dragon thing no?
who knows maybe its a "cthulhu" theme

What about daemons?

Seraphon are also daemons btw

>What about daemons?
I'm blind: The post

there are at least two elves in silver tower, duh

on an unrelated note, are skullreaper with demon weapons worth the risk ?

lies all lies... obviously GW is only interested in clearing their warehouses of old elf kits to make room for additional variants of the SC line of product.

Huh, I imagined he'd have used more dots.

What ever happened to GHB2, the nurgle battletome, and skeletons? I have a bad feeling that after all the 40k stuff quiets down, we'll get some shiny new SCE.

Nah mate, I bet we will see GHB2 in month
and at least rumours about death release

40k 8th edition is taking center stage for a while

Everything will be fine

Oh thank god. Any rumors of nurgle, skaven, or slaanesh? I originally thought that nurgle would get some love after the death guard came out, but it doesn't seem to have the same hype as thousand sons and Tzeentch did.

Though then again, Mortarion hasn't dropped yet, so I might be speaking too early. Here's to hopes of a plastic GUO

We still don't have any news about Death Guard Terminator so GW still has some things to show us. IMO we will see 2-3 waves of Nurgle release with one wave of nurgle daemons usable both for 40k and AoS

Where's that image from?

FEC battletome IIRC

I was expecting a release similar to what happened when thousand sons came. Also rumors of emperors children coming around November, which I assumed would be timed with aelves

I'd like to start a Death army. Ghouls models are not my cup of tea, but I like skellingtons and zombies (especially when you mix some bitz with freeguild).
Where should I start? Grab one of start collectings, or small boxes? I'd like them to be winter themed if that matters.

>Here's to hopes of a plastic GUO

They have to make a plastic GUO, they can't skip him when they did the others

The sc is okay if you want the Hero on the mount, you only get 10 Skeletons. Zombie models are quite poor looking and best bought elsewhere than Gw, a box of grave guard is always good

Get some skeletons on ebay if you can, maybe use Chaos Marauders for the winter theme they have fur lined boots and cloaks mix them with zombie parts

What the fuck. I thought GW has tons of SC! boxes waiting for new players

Idea with mix of maruders and zombies is neat, I'm diggin it!

So, now that games is dead for good, how good is Shadespire going to be? Any chances to get some other faction love too?

>now that games is dead for good
C'mon mate. I know you are still sad about fantasy but at least try to make a decent bait

Who seraphon master race in here?

Your plan is sound.
Just 10 brute blob is better than two 5 brute squads.
You will eventually want more brutes though

Wait, so you're telling me that the plastic bloodthirster and the plastic LOC were designed at the same time, and that a GUO and KOS were also designed?

Fuck off and kill yourself bitch.

Itsnot like slaanesh greater daemon has sucked just as much ass as the GUO.

One is likely considering they are making nurgle part of the starter set, but they don't 'have' to make it. Making it would just be a good business choice.

At this point, aren't all the nurgle players just using the glotkin model anyway? Or the FW one? Not saying that's the right answer from GW (all the chaos gods deserve a new plastic greater daemon sculpt), but at this point I would be tired of waiting. And the 'current' model sucks.

>Even though since mighty battles of age of sigmar

I am pretty sure the idea of the Stormcast being Thousand-Sons rip-offs comes from when all we had to go on were a few images right at the beginning.

And personally, I think it's a better idea than what we got.

And I still play, discuss and engage with Man-o-War - but it's still a dead game.

So, does anyone know a place where I can get just the skaven half of Island of Blood/Spire of Dawn for an actually reasonable price? Ebay is literally selling them at GW stock prices, and there is no Skaven SC.

I really hope the rest of the shadowkin look as cool.

Another autistic mishap brought to you by GW

Are Varanguard any good?

I meant to say that judging a game by it's Veeky Forums thread is a stupid metric. And maybe this general is just shit.

I bought two boxes of SoD and sold aelves half on FB group. SoD box costs just a little bit more than start collecting so it's not this much tho and I'm saying this as a poorfag

And no one cares about that. Same way no one cares about you being an abortion of a spergo that things that tg/ is ANY indicative of a tabletop's fame instead of the activity of an actual forum and not this proverbiel asshole of the internet.

Their production is probably being swamped with 40k orders since the new edition is coming out

It will be back in stock soon, don't fret

I hoped for a new start collecting wave with Blades of Khorne instead of Bloodbound

Shadespire looks like it could be really fun

I'm happy they are building the Age of Sigmar brand like this. It reminds me of all the specialty games they built with the WHF universe and I loved all of those.

one day later and a measly 65 posts total

is a painting requirement for good army wide bonuses going to be the new standard for armies moving forward?

Stop

No. Now do as the user above me and put a sock on it.

It's called SC! Khorne daemons + SC! Slaves to darkness + SC! Khorne bloodbound.

I duno guys... not sure the issue was ever discussed enough to the point where anything was actually figured out.

It's like a beard rule mate. If you are not playing against autists noone would give a fuck about your KO painting scheme

I know (well, rather hope) it's sarcasm.

>it's sarcasm
yep, it was

>Veeky Forums doesnt talk about it so its dead
Naw.

It's literally the most active table top right now in San Antonio, with exception to maybe X-Wing. And that's the 7th most populous city in the U.S., the third most populous country in the world.

It's just dying down finally after years of hypemode because of 40k 8e. It's getting overshadowed by the plot finally progressing and a massive overhaul of the rules of the biggest table top war game there is.

Is it worth getting into faction that has no battletome and probably no chance for one? Really like skaven models but don't want to stuck with an army without future other than getting squated

Skaven arent getting squatted dude. Might not get an update for a while but not squatted

I hope so. Don't really like pestilens and want to play with a mix of other clans but they have no love for a long time now

Wish disspossessed didn't get the boot. I enjoyed the old dwarves. But the new KO are pretty bad ass. Just miss the melee rerolls hah

>skaven
>squatted
You are real dumb

Really, really dumb

For real

They had to go- like it or not, GW wants IP it can slap that copyright on. And they want to make a big enough twist on the typical fantasy tropes that you pretty much have to buy their models (which is how they make money... funny that). Some people get all butt hurt over this, but whatever.

No new rules since the launch and pretty no new GW models seriously, did they release any brand new skaven model?. GW could just toss us a new model or two with the Spire of Dawn release but they did nothing. If you want to see new skaven models you have to play Blood Bowl. I know that Skaven are not their best-selling faction but for fuck's sake - we will hit 2 years without anything new for rats in few months from now

>inb4 pestilens
As I said here by skavnes I mean other than pestilens clans but pestilens are a joke too - six models and they are not really good on their own

>seriously, did they release any brand new skaven model?
Yes, they did

You are REAL fucking dumb

Mind to point me which ones?

I've finished another update for my Savage Worlds AoS book.

This is going to be the last update save for minor fixes and balances I'm going to complete before the release of the expansion I'm working on, which will including playable Beastmen, Ogors, Skaven, Kharadron, Grots and the Extremis and Vanguard Chambers.

MEGA link because Veeky Forums hates dropbox:
mega.nz/#!u9l2XIgJ!SpyL_tHp6bL9rd5noYmeBAcQri5_Ff6ZhA9d3C__0Ic

It will also include creating and fighting with custom airships from all four of the grand alliances, Chaos mutations (Already released, but improved), Improved Reforging, new lores of magic and more.

Give it a try and tell me what you think, I've received lots of really great feedback so far and I'm looking forward to bringing the Skyports to life.

Changelog can be found on the last page, big changes are to Chaos progression, which has been made far more friendly and gives you the option to build an army of followers using a new currency system.

cant find the kharadron abttletomes pdf in the pastebin links :(

Then do skyre. Stormvermin are really really good.
If you want eshin, the new blood bowl skaven team is almost purpose built for assassin's and gutter runners (gutter runners came from BB originally anyway...). You got options to build while you wait.

deathrunners in silver tower

tons of releases near the end times

theres also skaven in blood bowl, getting a team before elves, lizardmen, and so many other factions

you would have to be a paranoid idiot to believe that skaven will be squatted. theyre one of the totally original things that GW has ever produced

>deathrunners in silver tower
Point taken
>tons of releases near the end times
As I said - since the launch of AoS, not since the End Times you illiterate fathead
>theres also skaven in blood bowl
You are not even reading my posts, are you? Because I have mentioned BB you idiot
>you would have to be a paranoid idiot to believe that skaven will be squatted. theyre one of the totally original things that GW has ever produced
If they are not getting anything new they are as good as squatted for me. You could play squats in 7e like we can play skavens right now. It have been 2 years without pretty nothing new for rats - what now? Another two years?

>"point taken"
>then childish namecalling
>if i dont get a release every year its the same as being squatted

God fuck off you cunt

Skavenfags are the worst

>then childish namecalling
>You are real dumb
>Really, really dumb
>You are REAL fucking dumb
You have to go back

Ironjawz haven't gotten a release in over a year, are they squatting orcs!!!???!!!!?

Elves havent gotten any releases since AOS launched, as they squatting elves!!!???!!!!?

OMG THEYRE SQUATTING NAGASH TOO ?!?!

>skaven featured in literally every campaign book
>pestilens got a battletome and start collecting
>new battalions for each clan in the GA Chaos book
>the great horned rat has ascended and its pissing everyone off
>No wait, turns out theyre going to undo all that and squat the skaven instead!!

-Something a Dumb Person actually believes

>Ironjawz haven't gotten a release in over a year, are they squatting orcs!!!???!!!!?
I don't think so. They have two battletomes, plenty of new AoS models and few boxed deals
>Elves havent gotten any releases since AOS launched, as they squatting elves
But they had two shadow aelves in ST :^)
>OMG THEYRE SQUATTING NAGASH TOO ?!?!
Nah, he is mentioned everywhere, even in the Skirmish rulebook

NAGASH HASNT GOTTEN A NEW MODEL SINCE END TIMES

SQUATTING CONFIRMED

AHHHHHH SHIT NURGLE IS IN THE SAME BOAT

FUCK YOU GW WHY ARE YOU SQUATTING NAGASH AND NURGLE!?!?!!

If you say so but why are you replying to yourself?

Only and idiot would think just because their faction isn't updated it's squatted. Great-glorious skaven master race is very much still alive.
There's a lot of things we haven't gotten in these two years. Just look at aelves and slaanesh & nurgle (ugly finecast greater daemons). We'll probably get our spotlight after 8th cools off and death guard gets the full thousand sons treatment (maybe even a nurgle tome for us).