Truescale marines, edition.

previous
>Daily Dancan
youtube.com/watch?v=gYeAscy46HA
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/13/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-adeptus-mechanicus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The swarm has wings and it is beautiful

second for world eaters

Cute numarines are still cute.

Anyone still disappointed with morale?

So many units just ignore it that you can't reliably build an army around it.

Death Guard have bell guy and icon of despair together for -2 which is pretty decent... but who cares lol, commisar, mob rule, 2 CP...

This is like the 3rd time we have had this edition

>Dark Eldar Wyches prevent opponents from leaving combat with them unless they win a rolloff

How important is this ability? 4 games into 8th, 3 of them with Wyches, and this still hasn't come into play a single time.

We were duped as usual. Thing is, much like vehicles being more durable, people don't want to keep removing their hard earned models all the time. It's upsetting to see half your army die turn one when you spend months making and painting those models.

As a nidfad, the only disappointing thing is Synapse' range

It's more important versus shooty armies. What armies did you play?

Is it possible to build Yvraine without her dress?

As a Guard player, leaving combat is a huge buff for us because we can fire guns after we leave with an order. That cripples strategies for us.

Yep they some how made it even more worthless. After 12 games I've actually use the moral rules 5 times.

Rest of the time either something ignores it, mitigates it to the point of being ignored or our right never happens

It's like Tartaros Terminators being able to sweep. It pretty much never comes up.

Depends on their opponent.

It's pointless vs 30 strong boy/gaunt mobs but Shooty units with Fly will hate it.

It does seem to make certain units unviable.

>500 conscripts

Ez game.

>500 cultists

RETREAAAT

MY SPLEEEN

I was brainstorming an eldar army that relied on leadership penalties. With the Harlequin Death Jester, you get to choose 1 specific model everytime a unit the jester attacked loses a morale check.

I'm finally to that happy mental space where I'm no longer thinking of my units as 'these seem neat', 'i used to run this and it was good', or 'anti-x', but as broad concepts.

Like 'a static firing base', 'a solid core moving up advancing forward', 'arrives places places to disrupt my enemy', 'hunts things down'.

Don't know what triggered it, but now I can finally start really list building.

Not using China maid girl as OP image.

No idea, you can probably find the instructions online (pdf or photo). Alternatively look up the sprues and see what you can do?

As opposed to armies that just ignored morale entirely and only ever used ld in case of Mind war?

You'd have to trim a bit, but you've got enough leg under there that you should be able to manage

They only time moral matter in 40k was when 3rd had all the armies in its rule book. After that there has always been moral ignoring armies

Is she supposed to be an employee or something?

Where is it that has girls in maid costumes selling warhams?

Hong Kong.

Reposting here...

Wondering if it's worth taking two weirdboyz with Da Jump as insurance? They aren't that expensive and if one of them blows up with perils you've got thirty boys (or whatever) sitting around in your back-field with no purpose.

Also, what's the best (matched play) strategy for Da Jump? You only get to use it once per turn, but it's moderately reliable with the Waaagh! Energy rule. The first unit is likely to get to it's destination turn 1 or 2, which is good, but every further unit gets less benefit from it. You probably need at least a few hundred points of orks being thrown up the board every time to justify the cost of the weirdboy(s) and that probably means 30-strong blocks of shoota boys, because I don't see much else which you would want to get close but don't mind trading fire with the enemy for a turn at 9". I guess as the game moves on, you will want smaller and less valuable units to use it on, so maybe the best choice is something like 30 shoota boys, 20 shoota boys, 10 shoota boys, 10 grots or something?

Alternatively, have the weirdboy teleport himself once he's sent the first couple of units and try to use smites or move the units again. With two weirdboys you can chain the effect to have one teleport the other who can then smite as soon as he arrives.

Also, what's the best number of models to use with Waaagh! Energy? I think about 30 for +3 seems fine, as perils only does a maximum of 3 wounds and the weirdboy has 4. Every turn he fails to use Da Jump, you're effectively wasting the units which are waiting to go, so you need to have a decent chance of success.

Man GW really knows how to target its audience. Soon they will be sending out qt traps selling Slaanesh stuff

In Match Play its 'attempt' not success.

If you fail once you can't try till you get it again.

I thought I remembered New Games Workshop™ saying the Morale would matter in 8e.

Played about a dozen 8es so far. Never came up.

>tfw every army I want to play is either too expensive to collect, too hard to paint, or overplayed already

why live senpai

what matchups have you had?

They also said that armies will be capable of scaling with the number of psykers.

Which armies?

the -2 doesn't feel so much against hoards. For them even with out the ignoring, it's killing 2 more fairly weak models.

Full ten man MEQ squad you just killed 5 of, now it's killing 2 extra space marines.
Bullgryns, now even if you just kill 1 you have a decent chance of killing a T5 W3 unit.

Moral doesn't do what it used to do. Completely ignore the commisar, mob rule ect for now. It's not what it used to be.
before moral was a bigger deal for small units. Lose 1 or 2 models and you might lose the unit. Now small units don't worry about moral most of the time.
Now 10+ man units are where moral comes up.

But 10+man units are appealing now, because less units let you get first turn.

All of them! Every army I could nake fits into one of those categories.

Must be hard being a picky.

It fucking sucks.

might have to get a dark apostle to stop my cultists running away as much

feels fluffy man

Mob rule isn't a blanket immunity; your defence against morale losses goes up at the same rate as your vulnerability to them. Kill 19 orks out of a 30 ork mob and you can still do the rest in with morale. Just need to concentrate your firepower and know where the critical point is between no morale losses and overkill. Ld modifiers are basically a free kill per -2, which isn't that bad.

But yes, is general the morale rules seem badly thought-out. There are still a lot of units which ignore them and they don't seem to have grasped that they encourage MSU play even more.

Also, they have a really 'gamey' feel to them which I'm not terribly fond of. Same as the new character rules. Feels more like a card-game than a wargame.

>not posting newest thing

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/13/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-adeptus-mechanicus/

Not him, but I have faced Guard, orks, nids, tau, mech and marines

Even me playing with SoB pretty much never had to use the moral system in the book.

Either things die before it could be rolled or ignored by some rules.

The only time it was used was when someone intentionally brought big squads with no way to mitigate moral

I've been out of the loop and haven't been able to play in about 8 months.

Give it to me straight doc, hows 8e looking? for Dark Angels?

they are.
One side taking 10+ psykers doesn't invalidate the other sides psykers.

Yes some armies are limited to 3 unique powers +smite. But those armies rely on HQ psykers. Were you expecting that statement to mean all Armies can spam psykers effectively.

Of the armies capable of spaming psykers:
Pure T-sons got kinda fucked, I'll admit. But chaos in general can mix in different lores, and lot of the spamable psykers are about smite anyways.
Nids, the only spamable thing wants to cast smite.
CW eldar have 12 unique powers. And the big spam lists rely on units of psykers not characters. 2 farseers 2 warlocks still seems vary usable.

True, but with say one 30 Boy mob nearby that Wierdboy is getting +3. Getting a 91% chance to succeed, and a 33% to perils.

If there were 60 Orks. That's a 100% cast with a 72% perils.

Depending on your Perils value your WB might be low enough that if he periled again. He'd die and Da Jump auto fails.

>my advice
If you really want to use Da Jump as a core part of your strategy. Use two. Otherwise one should suffice.

things got even gayer

decent

Assuming you start low with SM and about 500 points from the basic "getting started" box, how would you advance from there to get to 1k? Vehicles, like transports? More footsloggers? Or something different?
Assuming 7ed. And what if you're playing Salamander Codex? Any change?

Hodge podge, but the armies that have fought in our 8e group are as followed:

>Daemons, Grey Knights, Space Marines, Tau, Guard, AdMech, Orks

Get a rhino.

Rhino, another tac squad, a pod and some termis would make a nicely rounded force
For salamanders just paint em green and give everything that can carry one a flamer. Because fluff

Thoughts on my SM list? It's 75ts and I'm trying to keep numbers as low as possible. Has a Vamguard and Patrol detachement for 4 command points

HQ
- Captain w/ Relic Blade & Plasma Pistol
- Captain w/ Power Sword

Elites
- Chapter Champion w/ Relic Blade
- Venerable Dreadnought w/ Assault Cannon &a Storm Bolter
- Honour Guard w/ Relic Blade & Power Axe

Troops
- 5 man Tactical Squad w/ Power Sword & Plasma Gun
- 5 man Tactical Squad w/ Power Sword & Flamer
- 5 man Squad w/ Power Maul & Missile Launcher

Morale is bad m'kay? You don't want your army to panic and run off in a chain reaction.

>snotlings follow him like puppies

Will Datasheets be available for free online by GW?

what will the black mace do in 8th?

After getting "jumped" last game as guard, iv been trying to find a counter. Would infiltrating a couple ratling units in from of my deployment zone to keep the orks from getting within 9 inches of my important stuff be a good idea.

No, just the core rules

What did GW mean by this?

Though about it, sounds really good. Thanks.

I have 2 "horde" orkz as enemies in my FLGS, ofc I will give everything (well, except maybe 1-2 melta) a flamer :^)
But thanks for the suggestions

Right, the insurance is for if the weirdboy dies, not if he fails. You can just boost his roll until he's sure to pass, but he has a limited life expectancy. So use 40 or 50 boys to soup him up for the first jump, accept the perils, then do it again and risk him dying before the second unit gets through. The backup weirdboy lets you keep doing it after the first one dies.

However, given the declining return on the investment, I'm now inclined to say that it's not worth having two weirdboys. The points you save by not having unit 2 or 3 stuck around doing nothing don't seem worth a weirdboy. Probably better to teleport turn 1, then start running up the field with the others, teleporting if you can.

Calling it morale and making it based on "how scared are u lol" is problem one

At least in AoS 'Battleshock' is a loose term that can apply to several things.

In 40k, the only things prone to running away are Gaurd or possibly Orks / Dark eldar.

Everything else is some kind of Heroic supersoldier / eldritch horror / insane fanatic / fearless unthinking monster and can't really be seen to just walk out of the fight or it feels weird

Why are drones such a hassle to actually get?
The Tau list shoves them to you up the wazoo but actually getting the models is a pain.

Hmm is the destroyer hive rule so that it always hits at 5+ or that it can hit on 5+ in overwatch?

You can only have 1 typhus, unlike the generic scrub so you have to balance things.

Best bet is to keep a couple throw away units (Guardsmen / Conscripts) as a screen about 5"-6" away from your battle line. So even if he jumps he can only kill your screen, but is unable to consolidate into your battle line.

>at least in AoS
Sigmar club is two threads down.

>BOLS tier clickbait articles written by the highest levels of tourney fags that didn't even notice basic issues in the new ruleset

Why link people to shit?

They meant that those are point costs associated with those units? I don't follow

Why would you need to infiltrate them?

Units should be immune to morale checks when they destroy an enemy unit in close combat.
It just feels so weird having some boys run away crying after they tore off some enemy soldiers face.

Why even link Faction Focuses after getting leaks. It's not like they tell us anything new.

Sering half of your unit also be worm food does things to a man.

Flesh Tearers or Lamenters?

What do?

>emerge victorious from the hordes of gants attacking us.
>cheering until I realize half my unit is gone
>I'll never see greg again
>look around
>thousands more of those buggers are right there, running right for us

>if the model loses a wound

Does it say anything about HOW it loses a wound? No. How the fuck is this hard to understand

Use your fucking brain you stupid piece of shit

We loiter here until geedubs deices to give us more sigmarines/khorne.

>40kfags think aos was the beta test for 8th
>implying 8th isn't the beta test for GHB2

It's useless in general because you can never strategize around an ability that only has a 50% chance of going off anyway.

#playtesting

Flesh Tearers. Much better chapter.

Great Hobbit Battles 2?
Please no, I don't want my favorite GW game to get even worse.

remember that if a weirdboy survives, since they're basically guaranteed big numbers they can start dishing out the big smites. d6 mortal wounds is nothing to sneeze at. Also if you have a painboy for your army you can use him to heal the weirdboyz while still giving fnp to the boyz.

Lamenters are cool

>Anyone still disappointed with morale?
As an Ork player, that's a big fat NOPE. Given how low the average boyz Ld is and the fact things like 'Eavy Armor are no longer around to give foot-slogging mobs a have decent save, mob rule keeps my 30 boyz from freaking out over losing 3 guys because some guy got a lucky shot as they're running toward him from the other side of the table.

>But yes, is general the morale rules seem badly thought-out.
Not really. The rules balance it so armies with low natural leadership don't end up getting wrecked like they constantly were in previous editions but at a much higher rate because GW kept the same shitty leadership as before.

Then again, 8e's probably going to require a lot of adapting to new strategies on all sides, based on the battle reports I've seen...

>units have bs 4+
>can't strategize around them hitting things with guns

Depends on how deep you want the buffer, but in general, yes, denying deep strike by blanketing the table with units and pushing the envelope of that denial zone with special deployments seems like a decent strategy.

Note however that the ratlings must be deployed at least 18" from the closest ork unit, so you might not be able to push the line very far forward. Still, every extra inch counts. Your opponent also has the option of waiting until the ratlings have been wiped out by shooting, which isn't tough. That buys you time though, which is generally good when you outrange your opponent.

Ratlings are really in the competition for single most useful unit in the game now.

I almost feel like GW realized that the FF articles were shit and released the rules early to ensure people understood the new edition properly.

the issue is that Typhus is 20 points cheaper than the lord of contagion (remember, lord of contagion still has to buy a 45 point plague reaper, meaning he costs 184)... and Typhus is strictly superior, stat wise and ability wise.

Necrons

Cheap because almost everything is plastic
Easy to paint
Underplayed

As H.G. Wells once said "it is only an insane man that would entrust his life to the flip of a coin".

No
Overwatch always requires a 6 to hit, there are no modifiers allowed

Thoughts on Missile Launchers for Sentinels? D6 shots makes up for the -1BS on the go and then once you're parked then S8 shot is pretty good. Still does D6 damage like the Lascannon.

I watched a batrep yesterday where a marine player lost like ten models and three squads in just turn 1 from battleshock.

Ironically it mostly seems to be Marines that are the most at risk, because even with ATSKNF leadership 7 is hard to succeed on if you lose even just three or four models.

You think moral doesn't matter because you're looking at horde armies and thinking that that's where morale should come into play. In reality it's MSU armies that suffer the most from it.

Ah. Well that seems poorly thought out

Yes, you can. Both legs are fully modeled, though you'll need to cover the small hole on each hip where the dress attaches (I'm planning on using hellion pauldrons on mine). You can also leave off her headdress thing with minimal effort. Biggest thing is her corset, which might look a bit off when she's just got the cat suit look (that one is all personal preference, though).

Assume theyll succeed it and that having them stay in melee is a bonus for you

Their Vehicles are kind of a bitch to put together but at least they look unique.

Anyone have advice on killing 40-60 genestealers with broodlords as space marines?

Forgetting this little unit?

FRFSRF a couple conscript blobs at them?

Long range weaponry and screening chaff