In the last age, they came to us arms open, with knives behind their backs

In the last age, they came to us arms open, with knives behind their backs

Our world was laid open to them. We did not yet know of borders, Kings, destiny. We knew of the land and it's bounty, but not of farms or homesteads. Their horses were tall, their armor grand, their swords sharp, their guns loud.

We live now, for them;
Our land, Their King.
Our people, their work.
Our lives, their destiny.

I say, we need to forge our own destiny. Without them!

>Would you follow him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3PYf6zNv_To
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How were the knives behind their backs if their arms were open?

You speak of the individual. They preach of the rights of every man. Of one man. Who is this person and why is he more important than the rest? Why do the needs of the few come before the many? So I ask you this: How can this one man hope to stand against a unified people?

He is a Wiseman, a shaman, educated in the civilized ways but steeped in the traditions if our people.

He has the Mana scars. He has climbed the mount and spoken to the Stars. He has walked the dreamland's.

Tucked into their belts?

They didn't do nothing. We did it all and now we regret it? Fuck no we don't, because of "them", or rather because we work together, my daughter knows how to read, there is a road between my farm and the city, there IS a city, said city has an aqueduct supplying water to it, I mean sure there's still the occasional criminals but also people whose job it is to find and kill said criminals, you know what, if we should turn against anyone, it should be you!

>We did not yet know of borders

This thread is off topic. You have not made any connection to traditional games.

Oh well, that's a pity
I was doing a bit of a litmus test, looking for general input from the denizens. Throwing it out there seeing what sticks

Pity to see what the has become, needing policing like this.

I will not follow, but I will fight at your side.

Let us go together into the endless, cold night so that our children and their children might walk free, with no kings or gods above them but the stars.

That depends, is he cute?

The collective is nothing more than a parasite which would consume the individual. It does not exist in reality except as enabled by we as individuals. Why should the real individual serve the fictional collective? Let it be the other way around, and let the collective be discarded once its farcical pretense of usefulness is undone.

I could make him cute
Would you rather a qt3.14 leader of the revolution?

DO IT FAGGOT

Your people have no destiny. You lost the game the gods have set forth before us all, the game of civilization. In our benevolence, we have allowed your people to survive what would have been a genocide by any other peoples. At least be graceful losers. You only have your ancestors to blame. Reach for the stars or don't complain when the boots of those that do trample over you.

You could have prefaced your "litmus test" with something like:
>I'm going to be running a tabletop RPG campaign with this premise. Do you think it could work?
We cannot read your mind. This has always been the case.

What reach might we have, downtrodden? What life is worth living, in servitude? Would you not have us as equals? Brothers in your civilization, not master and slave?

>No thanks. I'll make my own career pathe within the system.

>this entire post
Could you repeat what you just said without a thesaurus shoving a dick in your mouth?
I'm not a fan of pompous speeches.

>Would you follow him?
No
Just more politicians politicking at each other.
King or slave, all die in the end. I will pursue godhood and nothing else.

You're spamming bad pasta, now fuck off.

If those words are too big for you, maybe you do need to get stomped on.

The point isn't that I don't understand the words, the point is the way he speaks them forms a word salad of extended pinkies, victorian wigs and everything else that elitistic holier-than-thou retards that don't understand the life represent.

A normal person doesn't talk like that, and even if his goal is to capture the hearts of common folk - people are won not with lofty ideals and grand speeches, but with passionate rhetoric that resonates in the hearts of people.
So far I've seen nothing beyond empty meaningless words.

Let me rephrase it:
>would you play a game where you are a part of a resistance of luddites in the bronze age era, who wish to come back to the neolithic system of organisation of the society?

I'd it's more like "would you participate in a resistance movement of luddites in the bronze age era, who wish to come back to the neolithic system of organisation of the society?" if we're going with the whole immersion schtick, but, yeah, much better.

Okay, for me - most likely not, knowing how social dynamics work. He is going to replace their guys with his guys and I'm most likely just some simple craftsman who most likely won't get anything out of it.
Unless he can formulate some believable plan of restructuring the society so it can both serve its people and defend itself from external threats, don't count on me.
But I could make a character who would follow this and have a lot of fun playing it.

Y'all reading too far into it dawg

But good job reading into subtext

I would support him, yes, but follow him only if I thought he could win.

Ah, but support is tantamount to collusion; the Guard would tan the hides of any Beastman found guilty of conspiring against The Crown.

This sounds like pretentious bullshit.

If I'm part of the "we" then I already know what we didn't know before they showed up but what does it matter? What does me not knowing that thing before have to do with your point now? I already remember what they look like but what does it have to do with what your saying?
He is telling me what I already know and leaving the actual meaning of that knowledge to implication. I get the general idea of what he's implying but why is he just implying it, this shit is obviously important so why doesn't he just be straight with me and get to the point.

Then he tells me we need to forge our destiny without them. Okay, that's what he wants, why? What is our destiny and how are we going to forge it and why do we deserve it and why specifically do we hate them? He had like two paragraphs up to this point to tell me and just gave a passive aggressive and deeply vague recap of history.

He never told me what he actually believes or how he was going to make that belief real. He never really tried to relate to me or my plight, just reminded me of my circumstance. He gave me fucking nothing and expected me to cheer.

Even if I'm a reader and not the guys he's trying to inspire, I'd rather hear his beliefs and purpose and call to action and let the specifics be left to implication. The shinyness of their armour or whose doing the work doesn't matter unless you use those points to support some kind of belief. But this is so fucking vague I can't spare the two shits it takes to care.

Yet there a bunch of nicely arranged words that say nothing of importance.

No, I would not follow him because he doesn't say what he means and gives shitty, flavourless exposition instead of actual speeches.

tl;dr
>He made a word salad and used only lettuce.

Nice. Good critique. I like it

...So, OP, is the point of this thread to gauge the different reactions to the same text with a picture of different Ethnicity?

Kinda?
You didn't like the tiefling or the elf, did you?

>He has walked the dreamland's.
Them dream lands gonna do something about those GUNS?

I agree
Dude total war may have done your job a bit better
youtube.com/watch?v=3PYf6zNv_To

Nice, that was the vibe I was going for!
Totally cribbing the script from that now