How do you feel about the impact that Critical Roll has had on the tabletop RPG community?

How do you feel about the impact that Critical Roll has had on the tabletop RPG community?

Mostly positive. It got a lot of people into the kind of things I enjoy, and and that's a good thing even if I don't share their playstyle.

The only negative is people bitching about it and making threads like this one.

I don't know how people can actually sit through these. Why not just play D&D yourself?

What impact?

the only noticeable impact from my perspective is faggots like you making this exact same thread every few days with the exact same image and slightly different wording in the OP

I have never watched a single episode of this shit and I don't plan to

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Could you please stop making these threads every day

same reason we have greentext/storytime threads on here, hearing about other people's games can be fun

I played with a guy that was obsessed with watching people play D&D on youtube and twitch. He was pure fucking cancer. He tried forced lolsorandumb results for nat 20s and 1s, tried introducing homebrew crap without consulting the DM, and always got twitchy when we weren't fighting anything to the point of trying to pick fights with every NPC we came across. About the only thing he didn't do was try to play some outlandish furfag or snowflake race, but he played elves.

I think they treat it like a podcast and listen it while driving to school/work.

Neutral. The people Critical Role brings to the hobby will invariably play 5e, which I don't play, so the initial impact is effectively nil.

If they ever decide to break off the system and come to the games I like to play, then these people will have learned to the habits of the hobby and will be all right to play with.

I've played with people like that before twitch and youtube even existed

Social retards will be social retards regardless of what entertainment they consume.

I don't know about Critical Roll, but The Adventure Zone finally got my wife to give roleplaying a try. If they helped push TAZ along, then I'm quite happy with their impact.

People get in the hobby with entry level stuff, some of them will try out more interesting systems and games later.

This is pretty normal and a good thing.

The only downside here is what said.

Slightly positive.

Mostly because I'm tired of watching fat neckbeards or landwhales playing rpgs or overtly SJW snowflakes with dyed hair playing too.

I think Critical Role is still sjw as fuck but at least on the outside they look normal, aside from edgy little Talesin.

I like Matt Mercer, as well as the people who play the Barb and the Cleric (obviously I haven't seen many episodes) but the rest are lame.

More people in the hobby is good.

More people spending money on the hobby is good.

People who just watch a few episodes and then jump in games who don't go through the proper learning curve on how to actually play the game is bad.

Even though the money is good, companies might cater to the people who don't know how to play, because of the money they just got from them.

So overall I'd say it's a good thing, but there are of course pros and cons.

Saddened by the fact it led to (you) consistently shitting up the board with threads like these.

I feel like I see your OP post a lot.

But anyway. I watch CR almost exclusively for Sam and Travis now (Ashley is p good too plus she's a babe I digress), it's mainly background when I'm painting or doing busywork around the house over the weekends. But initially what it did was help me get a good base of what table-top could end up like, more specifically the basics about calling for checks and whatnot. Along with Drunkens and Dragons, I'd credit it as the impetus for me to stop trying to just find a game to play but double down and build my group as a GM, which is coming along slowly but surely as I'm running one-shots for my friends and getting them into it.

Since I've started running my own games, I've definitely found my own footing in regards to how I run my games and whatnot. All in all, Matt Mercer seems to just love the game and wants to share it with the world, so he's cool by me.

Absolutely great. For a year I had been trying to get a group to play for no avail. One of my friends got into Critical Role half a year ago, advertised this shit and, at some point, they asked me to GM.
They're a great group and I see only minor shit that annoy me a bit that's probably straight out of CR.

Never heard of it. Then again, nobody I know gives a fuck about Twitch.

Literally no one I know knows or cares about it.
The only place I actually genuinely heard about it is Veeky Forums moaning and bitching.

To this day I've never watched a single episode. I just don't have the interest. The people I know that have watched say it's okay, so that's fine.