Hey Veeky Forums what Tolkien book is Bruce in...

Hey Veeky Forums what Tolkien book is Bruce in? I thought I had read the full Lord of the Rings series but I have missed the thing with this guy.

Does The One Ring RPG have rules for funny orcs?

I'm tempted to say the ring has rules for everything, but that may just be its master

>Bright Lord, Dark Lord, what's the difference?
The fucking state of the Tolkien estate

Honestly this game looks fun as fuck and is probably a way better idea for a TTRPG than the actual LotR

Gravewalker, I am Gondor.

These games are supposed to take place long before LotR, don't they?

Thinking up clever filenames must be a big chore for you

This is like your third thread shitposting about this today, just drop it.

>Veeky Forums
>fantasy

kek.

Between the hobbit and lotr

I'm more angry at a creature whose tallest members of his race were near man high to be towering over the human like it warcraft.
As for "good" orcs only elves were united against Sauron, every other race had some of them join him. So as long as he still acts like orc I can fart and move on with my life without ranting for 5 minutes.
When are we getting evil dwarves in a game?

Bruz is a troll, not an orc AFIAK

Then why is he not stone?

The game refers to him as an Olog or w/e very briefly. Olog-hai are a sub variety of troll that are very intelligent and can resist sunlight.

However, the only language they speak is Black Speech, which makes Chatty Cathy's claim to be 'rusty' at it, and his ability to speak the tongue of men, highly suspect.

>What are Avari ?

The Olog-hai are to trolls what Uruk-Hai are to orcs, and improvement upon the race that suffered none of the weaknesses. It's why they were able to march on the fields of Pelennor and battle at Minas Tirith without turning to stone.
As to the character's lack of knowledge of the black speak, that's a little bit harder to swallow, since the Olog-hai were bred in Mordor.

They are dwarf clans in the hills below mirkwood, to the east of the nurn mountains, and the north of the hard tribes.

It is unknown since they are so close to Sauron if they were corrupted or not. However, there were no ring wraiths seen or mentioned of the dwarf lords. So take your pic.

>However, the only language they speak is Black Speech, which makes Chatty Cathy's claim to be 'rusty' at it, and his ability to speak the tongue of men, highly suspect.
The real answer?

The devs really didn't want to teach unimportant voice actors how to correctly pronounce Black Speech for all of their lines.

Anyone have a link to a The one ring core pdf ima trying to get ahold of it?

Is there a reason why it has to follow the books?

they could have just said that Celebrimbor is translating the black speech to westernese for Talion.

It would also explain the awful accents, because that's how all human language sounds to him.

Because "NERRRRRRRRRRR MUH CANON NEEEEEER!!!"

Not really about muh canon, more about Christopher being a hypocrite who whores out his father's work for a buck in shit like this while saying the movies are garbage and disrespectful to Tolkien's legacy with the other hand

>why should something based on a certain intellectual property follow the guidelines set forth by said intellectual property

doggo doggo doggo
doggo doggo
doggo
dog

Oh and apparently the complete version of the Lay of Beren and Luthien that came out earlier this month is just a bunch of frankenstein'd shit from HoME, so at this point, it's pretty undeniable that he just wants to squeeze more money out of the property before croaking

lol

Why does he wear the mask?

Literally not canon

no one cared who he was before etc etc

As someone who has read both, it literally isn't. It follows the HoME "format" of being more of a guide as to how the Beren and Luthien tale developed over the years as opposed to a single definitive "version", but there's a fair amount of hitherto unseen material, especially verse forms of some of Beren's adventures.

Well as someone who dose not know much about LotR lore I don't find that such a big deal; although I can see why it would bother people who are familiar with the lore if it is so divergent from it

Are you implying orcs and trolls can't speak?

They speak, in crude fashion with simplified words and lots of swearing.
Trolls are cockney.

/v/ is filled with disgusting cringe worthy man children. I can honestly say I prefer Veeky Forums when it comes to talking about video games.

Not OP by the way.

Tolkien Estate probably has no control over this shit. I can't imagine Christopher Tolkien approving this crap.

>Implying Avari would stand with Saurin
>or possibly that they're evil dwarves
Either way, no.

Avari, or "unwilling", are part of the "moriquendi", those elves that were "of the dark" , or never completed the journey and thus never experienced the light of the Valar.
Not all of the elves Morgoth captured got twisted into orc precursors...

>Tolkien Estate probably has no control over this shit. I can't imagine Christopher Tolkien approving this crap
Christopher approved it when he licensed the IP.

He's a big orc.

The Witch King covered the battlefield in black clouds, which is why the trolls could fight in Pelennor fields. I always assumed Minas Tirith happened at night

>Veeky Forums
>Actually enjoying books
>implying

Because a dead author of an universe he wanted to change is dead and his son barely gives a shit?

I mean its limiting the amount of possibilities you can do with the universe you are given. Besides nothing illeagal with going non-canon if you got the license right?

That's not how licenses usually work. It's "you get to make games based on my IP and give me money in turn", not "you make games based on my IP which I retain veto power over..."
First off, Elves to Orcs is of dubious canonocity. Secondly, no, the Avari did not align themselves with Sauron, or with Melkor Morgoth. The only Elf to ever to that was Maeglin, and he was already fucked up by hus dad and likely tortured by Morgoth, to boot.
Remember, most of the elves of Greenwood/Mirkwood are Avari, and while they might be dicks, they're not the sort ti ally themselves with Evil, either.

Nah, RotK appendices explicitly discuss the Olog-Hai being able to function in daylight, but only through the will of Sauron.

>It's "you get to make games based on my IP and give me money in turn", not "you make games based on my IP which I retain veto power over..."
So yeah, he approved the game. If Christopher really cared he either wouldn't have licensed the IP or insisted on creative control. It's already been established that he's a sellout hypocrite.

He may well have not licensed this game, but just the rights to make games in general. See, for example, what happened with the Witcher game series. People who don't know jack about vidya license stuff they own, not expecting it to blow up or stomp on their canon.

If you're going that far you might as well make your own ip.

From what I gathered, Tolkien sold the rights to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings before he died, which is why they are the only things that are allowed to be adapted and why there have been no games or whatever based on Silmarillion material. That was out of Chris' hands. What he retains are the rights to everything published posthumously (because he was editor) and refuses to sell for reasons of quality concerns.

For Uruk

makes perfect sense. I mean can you imagine what Warner Bros will do when they get their hands on the silmarillion?

Ewww. The only good thing to do with Silm adaptations is an opera cycle.

Chris Tolkien literally leeches off his dad's work and doesn't do shit.

Definition of coat tail riding. He's worse than the fucking Dune cuck.

user, while I strongly disagree with some of Christophee Tolkien's editorial choices, the fact remains that he's published and organized a great deal of his father's work, for which any of the Professor's fans should be grateful. Also, nobody is worse than Brian Herbert when it comes to shitting on a parent's literary oeuvre.