The oracle ignores the PCs and speaks directly to their players instead

>The oracle ignores the PCs and speaks directly to their players instead

dude, 4th wall breaking!

>The oracle ignores the PCs and speaks directly to their players instead

>the oracle tells them to deposit $5.99 into the GM's bank account for 'Prophecy Gold Accounts'

If my players fuck up enough, I plan for NotJesus to do this to them if they let him enter their world.

The idea can probably work, but you need for it to actually mean something (for example, I plan for future sessions with the same players to have NotJesus remember them) and for it to only really happen once or twice.

>The oracle ignores the players and speaks directly to their players.

>The players ignore the oracle and call the GM a pretentious dingbat

i lol'd

>the players don't even notice the difference

>The oracle ignores all the PCs except the Bard

>The oracle ignores the players and speaks directly to the DM
>and psychically jerks him off with his own hand
>seriously guys it's not me doing this I'm sorry hnnnng

>The players ignore the GM and play directly with their phones instead

Too real

I'm a massive Grant Morrison nut-rider and I plan to try exactly this premise for a future Mutants&Masterminds game. The heroes would find out IC that they're reflections of beings from a higher dimension. I even plan to have the IRC dicebot become the villain and start working against them, ignoring the players' roll inputs.

This would be at the end of a campaign, where the players' characters had been progressing through the various 'ages' of comics. Basically keeping the same characters but with (possibly dramatic) changes just like our comic characters changed over the years. By the final, post-modern era the meta-game premise I mentioned would parallel the meta-fiction premise that Morrison and others were crazy about as an author.

Am I a fucking retard for considering this? I think it's cool as hell but I'm also skeptical that I can objectively evaluate whether it's a good idea. Will it come off as stupid and random if they're not balls deep into Morrison's stuff?

kek

I feel like you need to set this up for it to work properly. Maybe have it pre-recorded or have someone new deliver it instead of doing it yourself.

>The players ignore the oracle and call the GM a pretentious dingbat
This

I feel like this would only work in a text-based game. I couldn't take it seriously coming from someone right in front of me.

>The oracle ignores the GM and speaks to the NPCs and PCs directly
>the GM ignores the oracle and speaks to the players directly
>the oracle hijacks the GM's game
>the players ignore the GM and speak to the oracle directly
>the players agree the oracle is a better GM
>the oracle ignores the GM and runs the whole game directly

>Your charecter is suddenly out of your control and speaks directly to YOU, years after that encounter with the Oracle.

that filename holy kek

>Your character is suddenly out of the campaign and is the same room as YOU, years after that encounter with the Oracle
Now what does your character do to you?

I like the cut of your jib.

>My Intelligence is 4? Outrageous!

Would he be aware that I made his life? He'd probably absolutely stomp my shit in for having his father killed.

As GM, their characters would kill me.

>The DM ignores the players and speaks directly to the oracle instead

>the GM ignores the GM and talks to the oracle who is ignoring the GM and the oracle who is also talking to the PC who are ignoring the GM, the oracle, and the PCs

...she'd hate me deeply for some of what I put her through, but she'd understand because it was partly out of my hands, and that in the end, there could be no greater peace and happiness.

Guess it depends on which her at what point in time, though.

>The Oracle ignores PCs and starts speaking to OTHER PCs the players have played in different games

DELET! DELET NOW!

He's probably pretty happy that I minmaxed him and gave him a happy backstory. I planned ahead for this scenario.

Blowjob time from a catgirl I guess?

I think its cool as hell. specialy bringing the same PC's through various comic ages. Be sure to have some crazy silver age slapstick.