Veeky Forums, what would you do if you awoken...

Veeky Forums, what would you do if you awoken, and found yourself in a fully functional Oneill Cylinder in the Vega system as it only crew member?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hRrn-kM1zuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YmwPcdgtTr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>as it only crew member?
Does this mean there are passengers?

Probably check to find some food and water before anything else. After that, Id probably try to find some kind of comms station, and probably a quick way to kill myself in case it turns out something's gone south.

Assuming there are construction drones and "only crewmember" lets me operate the thing, start building telescopes and transmitters to harass earth with whatever I think of next.

Furiously fap to imagination.

You are the only human on-board. The A.I and drones do most of the work. I guess.

Have the AI give me a rundown on this science fiction level technology and spend as much time as is reasonable learning.

Also try and communicate with the wife and kids.

I try to create a few dozen x23's of myself, raise them for the next 12-15 years, and then repopulate. Being sure to store enough genetic material that should I perish, the y chromosome will live on and the place doesn't devolve into amazonian krypton.

Failing that, I check to see if there are any chimpanzees on board. Finally find out whether human-chimp hybrids are viable and/or fertile. See if I can't restart space humanity.

Finally enough time to build and paint my Warhammer armies.

Finally. Peace and quiet.

Pretty nice. Spend some time getting my bearings, figure out how to live sustainably, then just proceed as normal while figuring out where we are exactly and how far away anybody else is.

Make an FTLephone call back to Earth claiming dibs on the cylinder and offering the shitty parts for rent.

... How big of a harem is too big?

First thing I would do is find a place to take a piss.

Remember that Simpsons episode where Homer survives the nuclear apocalypse and the first thing he does is dance naked to War in a church?

That.

I do this

A fully functional system implies either A) a zero loss environmental ecosystem, which is impossible, or more likely, a massive, cheap power source. That's obviously the most interesting thing about this system. Understanding that will probably be the most valuable piece of information.

After that I see if there's some sort of bio lab and environmental control system to see if I can't introduce new organisms to the environment while compensating for the new energy consumption. I'm probably going to die here, but it might be possible to create offspring of some sort that can live on as my legacy.

Imma go Evo Thread on this cylinder.

Does this table mean what I think it means

I try to fuck the AI and drones.

>water falling off into space

I would like to know what you think it means.

This seems the most rational.

Look for a super sci-fi 3d printer and then teach the drones and AI to play warhammer. Failing that I just kill myself.

>ou are the only human on-board. The A.I and drones do most of the work. I guess.
Perfect, I move in, com Earth with my salvage claim, and put up trespassers within a light second will be nuked signs.

After making sure the AI is loyal to me, I drive my pimp-tube to earth and invite/ abduct only the best and brightest, excluding anything with excessive amounts of melanin. Then we'll set up in a nice spot inside the solar system and watch the Earth crash and burn while occasionally taunting them.

I have no idea where the Vega system is, but I try to see what year it is. I hope it's not like a million years in the future or anything.

Horatio go to sleep you're drunk

the only real answer

youtu.be/hRrn-kM1zuQ

Thread theme. Nothing like the feeling of flying max speed through the corridors of a space colony.

>someone gets it

How're the medical technologies?

Why not just use your suit to fly back?
You don't need it now.

It means I'm going to be fucking my female clones to restart the population. I end up with an exclusive harem the size of 12N or 13N. (sonsXmothers produces less diversity then sonsXdaughters)
My goal is restarting humanity, so I need to maximize genetic diversity. The best way to do so is to have the most offspring possible. It's a burden that I'm willing to bear.

I'm asking how big of an N is too big taking into consideration the effort/difficulty in raising the X23's and how many I can reasonably impregnate given finite time.
As far as I can tell, 5-7 is about the limit of what is feasible.

I read hamlet too long ago and google isn't helping me understand the reference.

finite propellant and momentum.

You've got time. Figure out how immortal you are and throw bits off for propulsion.
Eventually, you will have little enough body remaining that the reaction mass of you tossing your limbs gets you back into re-entry.

You have plenty of time to calculate the precise way to put your suit to use and get back into orbit.

I make them teach me how to bioengineer things and make them build artificial wombs. I then use my DNA as a base and genetically engineer a race of super solders and teach them to worship me as a god. Also i engineer a waifu and remodel my DNA so im godlike compared to my many children.

Even alone in the far reaches of space, and the only thing Veeky Forums can think of is how to add their dick to the equation. You guys truly are you board's anons.

If you don't put your dick into the mix, then you risk being overthrown and bringing krypton to life.

Imagine this though. Traveling through space for thousands of years. You would probably become enlightened and surpass your physical body. Then one day crash into a planet and have the knowledge of many millenniums, you will become a God.

Would someone crew an O'Neill Cylinder?

It's kind of like saying that you're crew on the starship Earth.

I was writing a story about pretty much this but with a small group of people a few years back. I wrote myself into a corner and gave up, then hopped on Veeky Forums and wrote Stranded in Fantasy.

youtube.com/watch?v=YmwPcdgtTr8

Take this concept and go make a CYOA or something. There's not enough details to work with otherwise.
Is it mobile?
How functional is the AI?
Where do the raw materials come from that the drones would supposedly be working with?
How big is it?
What tech is available on it?
What are the planets in the Vega system like?
Is it human made, by ancient advanced ancestors? Is it alien? Did the AI make it itself?
There's too many unanswered questions.

Die, because I dunno how to operate or maintain an O'neill Cylinder, so chill out until I starve to death or the machine fails. Whichever comes first

>artist's impression

that's all great for sciFI, but realistically it would just be a flashdrive.

They're smart enough to make the artifact that is the cornerstone of society a ROM, but not smart enough to make copies?
The scout ships had 'cloning' chambers, but no source material? That's either shit writing or shit lore, I choose to believe shit lore because DC is generally incompetent.