How do I deal with the urge to throw away and burn my entire shitty looking 40k army I made as a shit kid and hate...

How do I deal with the urge to throw away and burn my entire shitty looking 40k army I made as a shit kid and hate looking at because its shit

Do it. Film it and upload it while shrieking about chadmarines as well.

Sell it on eBay. I had about...20? 40? of the old plastic tactical marines and after I learned how to paint decently on them and bought a bunch of cooler looking FW marines that I mixed and customized, I couldn't stand the sight of the old ones so I tossed them.

Drop them in turpentine over night and then repaint?

You don't.

Take two or three of your absolute favourite minis from that army, and keep them.

The rest, strip and re-paint.

Just strip your miniatures and repaint them.

Im the kinda retard that got really into battle damage and then regretted the gaping holes in all of my everything the next week for a lil context

You faggot, keep yhem as mementos to your improvement

This is why I always wait one week before making decisions now. I've saved a lot of money, after being super hyped to buy a $1,000 longsword, watch, custom knife, limited edition product, etc, then 1-2 weeks later not caring about it anymore.

Green stuff, my brother. Take some time and do a little sculpting. It can be repaired.

>$1000 longsword
Damn dude I got a high quality bastard sword for less than 500.

It was one of those museum type "authentic" recreations. The ones that look more modern are like $500-750 but don't look as cool.

Sword is a sword brah.

Ill try it, im not a super good sculptor. I made these super cool cloaks for my pathfinders that were shit as shit can be.

No, otherwise you'd just buy a $100 made in China piece of shit with a glued hilt.

If it looks like a sword, feels like a sword and cuts like a sword what's the difference? Paying $500 for weathering or whatever seems dumb.

Cheap swords don't feel as good or cut as well as high quality swords.

>weathering

Are you retarded? The extra cost goes into finer materials and craftsmanship. Museum quality doesn't mean it's aged or weathered, it means it is lighter and uses more difficult to smith designs.

Mate just drown them in acetone and repaint them.

Either use green stuff or learn to paint weathering.

Please don't talk about things you have no knowledge about.

eBay it and buy something else with the proceeds.

after strippin the minis you can try to 'patch' them up a bit. many kits come with additional stuff to glue onto: purity seals ammo belts weapons etc.
It might work for some of your problem zones.

Does acetone work well for removing paint?
A lot of the issues are structural integrity, a chunk of my one hammer head kinda caved in after a couple games because I went too ham.

I think ill try and strip everything best I can, I wanna repaint most of my stuff for a kinda Vietnam tau army because I think I can make it look cool. Patch up some holes and mark down some units and vehicles I need to strip for parts.

acetone will eat the paint and if you have the wrong kind of plastic it'll eat your plastic too
the fumes will also eat the paint off of your walls and if you sleep in them it'll eat your brain