With Magic Duels getting the final stab and MTGO meybe losing support when the new game hits the scene how the new...

With Magic Duels getting the final stab and MTGO meybe losing support when the new game hits the scene how the new digital game should look like?
>Every physical booster has a code for a digital booster - at least for duels-like 6-cards booster
>Boxed products like planeswalker decks and duel decks have codes for their digital version or at least for some rare and uncommon cards from these products
>A fuckin in-game market - you can trade boosters and cards with other players
>Locked packs/cards - if you gain cards from codes then you are free to trade them but if you bought them for in-game currency then they are locked for trade
>more formats - support for drafts and casual matches (only preconstructed decks allowed)
>Tournaments for tickets - you can buy tickets for in-game currency or win them somehow and then spend them on small tournaments
>more customization options - different basic lands, sleeves and all this shit to spend money on them

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-2017-02-17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A mobile app with Deck-building/card organization capabilities, and in-game booster purchases. Do you realize how much money they could make by segmenting what is essentially the money-making portion of the game off into a mobile app that links to your account? That sheer ease of buying packs and cards and then getting to see what you got as an immediate result? I'm sure there's probably some psychological study done that proves digital purchases are done more rashly via phone than through a computer.

>MTGO losing support

yeah right

It should. Mtgo is trash, they'll just let you transfer your collection over to the new game.

I've been out of the loop lately, what new game?

just allow me to make cubes for online play. friends are scatter across the states and i can't fucking draft with them! ahhh!

It's something he's just made up.

Magic Digital Next
Are you living under a rock? It's not made up, WotC is actually going to release a new MTGO

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
>In order to make room for the next generation of Magic digital products, Amonkhet will be the last new content update for Magic Duels. Hour of Devastation will not be released on the platform.
>Magic Duels is still downloadable and playable, but our digital teams are focused on the next generation of Magic digital gaming

>I can't read: The post

You know they're not talking about shutting down MTGO, right?

No they're doing to make a new shitty halfassed casual game to fit into the duels slot.

>You know they're not talking about shutting down MTGO, right?
Where I said that WotC WILL SHUT down MTGO? This user asked about new game, not shuting down MTGO retard. Even the OP used "maybe" in his post

I'm pretty sure this article
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-2017-02-17
Tells us that MDN will replace MTGO

So what are they doing about older cards? In game transaction only?

>they'll just let you transfer your collection
In your fucking dreams.
You'll have to buy everything again and it will be priced by SCG.

Have no idea what WotC will do - these are just my ideas how to make a decent MtG digital client.

Come on goys, this is WotC, the new MtGO will have:
>Paid membership, $10 for a new DCI number for your phone.
>Paid events with only 1st-4th making back their entrance
>No free play/training/testing mode.
>No p2p transactions or singles marketplace. If you want a card, open $3.99 digital boosters
>90% of events will be Standard or Limited, if Eternal is even supported it'd be Commander and maybe Modern and neither will have larger tournaments just single elimination "daily"s.

Sadly, this

Did anyone here actually put money in that magic duels?

Just take a look on MD discussion panel on steam

Thanks getting popcorn ready now

All Wizards has to do is copy Pokemon Online unashamedly and plaster Magic on top of it

So the goys who dropped money on Duels are getting ripped off? What are they getting in return?

MTGO is as good as dead the second WotCs new thing comes out.

>>Locked packs/cards - if you gain cards from codes then you are free to trade them but if you bought them for in-game currency then they are locked for trade

Why the fuck would you want that? "Please give me less rights as a player"?

>Every physical booster has a code for a digital booster

That's pretty much what everybody is expecting. Pokemon does it already, and this would let Wizards tie the digital game to the paper game they so oddly desperately want to be above the digital no matter what. They also could leave out redemptions (which they hate) because every pack is redeemed in advance, kind of.

Digital-only packs should be available at a considerable discount compared to physical ones (like 75% off), but it's unknown if WotC has the presence of mind for that because like I said, they for some reason want the paper game to stay primary.

Other than that, it's probably just going to be MTGO on a newer engine. What I'd want to see is greatly expanded play options including a Shandalar-tier single player campaign, but I don't think that's in their plans.

>So the goys who dropped money on Duels are getting ripped off?

Yep.

>What are they getting in return?

Literally nothing. Remember to buy the next Wizards digital product! It will surely not meet the same exact fate!

>Amonkhet will be the last new content update for Magic Duels
Well fuck me
>Literally nothing. Remember to buy the next Wizards digital product! It will surely not meet the same exact fate!

Fucking nigger fuck shit.

That'll teach me to impulse buy digital cards. I bought about $100-$150 worth of packs over a year and a half. I know there are way worse people out there, but still. Thats just wasted money now.
Goddamn WotC

I put in nothing, but a lot of poor dumb motherfuckers did, and they got taught why that's a bad idea.

If WotC had any PR savvy they'd give people who spent above X amount of dollars in Duels a Duel Deck or something like that, as recompensation. Otherwise you can bet your balls that they'll never buy the next thing you're trying to sell them.

>"Please give me less rights as a player"?
This is 2017 america, you'll be lucky if they let us trade cards at all.

>Digital-only packs should be available at a considerable discount compared to physical ones (like 75% off), but it's unknown if WotC has the presence of mind for that because like I said, they for some reason want the paper game to stay primary.
Pack codes would actually incentivize the paper game a shit ton. Now stores will be able to open boosters and have TWO copies of each card to sell, one paper, one online. It'll help the smaller stores a lot.

The only possible issue would be draft, if you get to keep the code for the packs you open you can have a chase mythic online even if you pass it in the draft.

>The only possible issue would be draft, if you get to keep the code for the packs you open you can have a chase mythic online even if you pass it in the draft.
I mean, that feels like a good thing to me? It cuts the loss from passing chase cards in draft, which is sometimes a choice that it is better to make.

But the point is moot, anyway, since there's no reliable way for the pack code to redeem for the same cards as were in the physical pack. Unless WotC were to keep a database with the exact contents of every booster pack, which would require significantly changing up the printing and packaging process.

fuck thats a good point

Not really, boxes can be mapped because distribution is not random, computers can't generate true randomness.
All they'd have to do is run a simulation on their sorting software, then develop the code cards based on that, and then repeat the sorting sequence IRL.

I miss when duels was a puzzle game.

Because WotC are Jews so trading at all would be a nice feature

>But the point is moot, anyway, since there's no reliable way for the pack code to redeem for the same cards as were in the physical pack
But why same cards? Just make it like Pokemon TCG codes - every booster code generate a random digital booster