Magic finally does dinosaurs again

>Magic finally does dinosaurs again
>feathered

Fuck sakes, why can't we have nice things?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-40172587
xkcd.com/1527/
rt.com/viral/390324-ancient-egypt-mummies-europe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>many current day avians, including chickens and turkeys, are descendant from dinosaurs.
>People still get assblasted over feathered dinosaurs because they can't accept that Jurassic Park was wrong.

fpbp

This Reminder that if they had known dinos had feathers when they made Jurassic Park, the dinos would have had feathers in Jurassic Park.

Personally, I think the real problem is that pretty much all artist depictions of Feathered dinos I've seen, OP included, are literally just Jurassic park dinos with feathers glued onto their backs.

Feather-fags BTFO.

bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-40172587

Dinosaurs never even existed, repent you atheistic heathens

>while wholeheartedly acknowledging that dinosaurs mostly had feathers, the study argues that a T. Rex, specifically, may have been large enough that it didn't need feathers to keep itself warm

Wow, you sure showed all those featherfags, user. The fact that one dinosaur MAY have not had the feathers typical to the rest of its family specifically because of its abnormal size has completely and utterly destroyed the image of feathered dinosaurs in all our hearts.

The article you links specifically cites fossil evidence of feathers being typical in other species of Tyranosaur. Are you retarded, or do you just not bother to read shit before you decide it supports your argument?

Considering "in all of our hearts" should refer to the scaled beasts we knew when growing up.

This implies that you are underage.

I don't mind because feathered "lizards" are really cool looking.
Shit, feathered dragons were cool when MTG did them back in 2014

Those worked only because they needed to differentiate 5 tribes of dragons from each other.

I'm 25. I just don't suck Steven Shekelberg's dick as hard as you do.

Nice attempt to deflect your ignorance, though. I'm sure everyone's been distracted from your lack of reading comprehension and general ignorance.

fuck.

I never realized Kolaghan's brood had feathers.

Personally I like the idea of feather-winged dragons more than bat-winged dragons.

Dragons are typical fictional creatures of their era, being a bunch of other animals thrown together in weird combinations, but it makes more sense to imagine the general wing structure of an avian on a reptile, rather than a mammalian structure that probably didn't even exist at that point.

Exactly how old are bats as an Order, anyways?

I wouldn't even mind, except why the fuck are the dinosaur feathers so colorful? Not every random bird is as colorful as a fucking peacock or a parrot.

The main true reason is that IW needs people with a postgrad tier education to work properly.

>Th-They only looked cool because there needed to be a lot of dragons
That doesn't stop the Kolaghan from being the coolest out of all the potential dragon broods on Tarkir, with the Ojutai being a far second. Also feathered.

Yup. Did you notice that Ugin had feathers?

Because then people would bitch even harder.

The cretaceous was a tropical paradise

>I wouldn't even mind, except why the fuck are the dinosaur feathers so colorful? Not every random bird is as colorful as a fucking peacock or a parrot.

Aren't most tropical birds brightly colored because of their environment

Dinosaurs that lived in areas with lots of color would likely have colorful plumage. The dinosaurs that lived in the barren plains where everything was browns and grays would probably have less-colorful plumage.

Oh. Now its "da jews"
Who's actually arrogant here?

"Stop liking what I don't like" fucking retard. Stay away from my game.

Magic doesn't take place in that era, dog.

Different user here.

I read Jurassic Park years before the movie came out. Feathered dinosaurs are fine.

>humans evolved from fish, yet people get assblasted when niggers drown in the pool

Isn't that the only reason to play The Sims?

Every tropical bird would just be green with that reasoning. It just doesn't hold.

You should say theropods. Other dinosaurs in other familys don't have feathers. And a lot didn't live in tropical areas.

Bright plumage, from an evolutionary standpoint is more detrimental than a benefit.

Ugin?

Man I wish the artwork was larger on cards.

So are you looking for full plumage or facial plumage or?

How did they both go down so easily?
Pussy's.

YOU BASTARD! I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'S ALLOWED TO DEFEAT HIM!

Scaly T-Rex is fine, but we have feather impressions from close relatives and many from smaller theropods. I don't know how BTFO that is

Yup. I have the artbook from Zendikar and those are definitely feathers.

This is how.

>2014

Treva looks a bit boring to me but true, earlier than 2014

Damn, thought revenge-bird was gonna win for a second. Now I'm just sad.

>guy on the right
>moooooooooooooommmm why that dinosaur have feathers?
op gets to be in mtg art.

The animals they're using did though. I bet you're the same kind of shitposter that defends black Greeks and black Egyptians because "muh fantasy setting."

i want to pet that fluff

Well, you look at the way most birds plumage transition into the beak, I just think it was probably similar for feather into muzzle on dinosaurs.
is a pretty good example of a bird in profile, so take a look where the nostril transforms into beak. Imagine if, instead of that single meat-ripping edge, the yellow skin extended just a little farther and was lined with teeth.

Also, look at the legs in OP. Now look at the legs on that eagle. In most avians the feathers continue at least to the ankle, if not all the way to the base of the talons, like in the picture. For some reason, though, artists are terrified of putting feathers on the back limbs of dinosaurs. Probably because it'll cross the line between truly avian anatomy and the Spielberg hollywood fairy tales everyone seems so in love with

Do you run a strawman factory?

Couple of pigeon ass turkey looking motherfuckers having a peck-fight vs an actual bird of prey that's evolved to kill shit with its dagger feet, who you betting on?

I dont throw "objectively" around often.

But reptile dinosaurs are objectively cooler looking than feathered. Science be damned.

>Tries to play "Objectively"
>Proceeds to say something subjective
Well now we know you don't use "objectively" that often

Also, you're opinion is subjectively trash.

Take a poll bitch.
Most I've seen scaled wins out.

Or let me guess, deciding something the democratic way is against your religion or political compass?

That's still not objective scalie.

No no no no no. You're looking at this the wrong way.

On one hand, Feathered Dinosaurs.

On the other hand... Tribal: Bird Lizard/Bird Dragon might become a thing. Do you not want Birbs all up in your Lizard/Dragon Tribal?

Dear diary. Today I learned that /pol/tards don't like feathered dinosaurs. They're the first group of people I've ever encountered that dislike them. What an awful day.

What does /pol/ have to do with anything.

I'll take either. I prefer scaled. Its the feather-fags who are losing thier minds because "muh science"

Why does everyone draw feathers on dinosaurs like they're middle aged and balding from the stomach up? They look diseased and its hilarious, especially the hot pink t-rex.

There were only a few dinosaur lineages with feathers, so dont expect too many feathered dinos running around. Almost all herbivores and a good number of carnivores should be feather free.

Feathers are for people with taste. Pictured, a cat as imagined by the idiots who saran-wrapped skin onto dinosaur skeletons.

This...

Or

This....

Sorry guys. You're just stupid cunts who think they are smart because they can wow thier grandparents with 30 year old science. Nobody gives a fuck here. You aren't impressing anyone.

looks more like a primate rendition of the dinosaur treatment given the feet.

Who cares, they look better with scaly skin and there's a fucking Aztec riding one so I don't think realism was at the top of the agenda.

That's a mandrill you peasant.
Though your point still stands.

The feet of cat skeletons look like that, though.

It is a shrink-wrapped baboon, you philistines. This is the cat.

Oh look.

A flying velociraptor.

How nice.

>there are people ITT who think that crazy murderbird precursors are lame.

Aztecs actually have feathered snake in their mythology so feathered dinosaurs fits more with the theme.

I think my favorite part is the hawk barely opens his mouth. He just comes across as much more serious than those WEIRDOS.

So maybe all dinosaurs are REALLY cute?

xkcd.com/1527/

I like feathered dinosaurs but not like the one on that pic. That lizard looks like he have a feathered swimsuit or something.

>it's covered in spikes and is angry all the time so it looks cooler!!!
Fuck off. I bet you think the military uses "assault weapons", too.

There's a middle ground, famalam. It might not be scientifically accurate, but damn if it isn't sexy.

>comparing an artistic sketch to something more detailed
You aren't very bright are you?

"Assault weapon" is a colloquialism and bitching about it only proves that you're an autistic fuck

>black Egyptians
>fantasy

Are you literally retarded?

Theropods, at least.

He's a /pol/-poster, so it's entirely possible.

I want these as ixalan's bant dinosaurs.

Nice strawman.

Egyptians were from Europe....

So far the only feathered ones I like.

Is this Cruella de Vil's fursona?

That looks like shit.

Feathers on large dino's isn't very accurate. The leading theory on how feathers evolved is that the smaller creatures needed to preserve heat. Thus the smaller dinos, such as Velociraptor, would have them but the larger ones wouldn't. Contrary to popular belief, Velociraptors were around the size of a dog.

I'm not going to complain about it though because the feathers look cool.

no, my personal gripe is that they keep on making every dinosaur into a fucking parrot. Everything is red and orange and shit.

For every parakeets and blue jays there's also sparrows and mocking birds with drab ass colors.

Also recent studies seem to to think that large dinos like T Rex were hairless or had minimal quill hair at best.

we've been through this, a study was posted earlier explaining how it was unlikely large dinosaurs like the T-Rex had feathers

One, no? They were North African / West Asian. Two, why not have FANTASY black fantasy!Egyptians? Obviously it'd be silly in a historical setting (outside of when they got conquerrd by Nubians), but in a fantasy setting, why not?

No, the Ptolemic dynasty was from Europe and Lower Egypt was partially settled by traders

He was making fun of you

Not only are feather-fags on the retreat.

Lizard-fags btfo

So, what rebellion are the Gatewatch going to join this time?

Because nobody wants to play as a nigger.

Romping on Ixalan with Genghis Rex.

here, an actually well-designed feathered t-rex.

The fucking edge man.

Was it absolutely necessary to colour in the head orange to look like a chicken's beak?

You Saran wrapped people are just as bad as flat earthers.

Yeah. They had full plumage, not this silly mohawk thing.

WE

That thing's adorable.

My personal gripe is the people who think that all dinosaurs had feathers, rather than just a small subset of them. Like, nigga, that brachiosaur ain't gonna have plumage.

Shit, even theropods have huge variances thanks to the wildly different sizes, climates and time periods they occupied.

>One, no? They were North African / West Asian

Wrong.

rt.com/viral/390324-ancient-egypt-mummies-europe/