>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Praise be unto Saint Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=KzY45Fbni40

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pinterest.com/pin/349029039847303034/
midlamminiatures.co.uk/scenery/page/0/
games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormcast-Eternals-Paladins-Protectors
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Lord-Veritant
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Heraldor
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Stormcast-Eternals-Lord-Aquilor-2017
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Crusade
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first4memes

Yeah, I saw that but it had those make-me-want-to-punch-babies track pods. I get what you mean, though.

yeah theyre apparently 'magnetic' too so you can imagine a space taurox underneath a battleship with the scions hanging on upside down lel

W.i.p.

then theres a bad photo of this bad boy as well
uk.pinterest.com/pin/349029039847303034/

...and im done, peace out

Heyheyheyheyheyhey

Hey

I found this ninja sneaking around my place. I disarmed him and demanded he tell me why he was sneaking around my place. He said he was sneaking because he was very sad that he was naught but bare metal with no paint or base. I feel bad now and want to help him, but I can't decide on what kind of paint-job I should give him.

He told me what kind HE wants, but I didn't care.

SO, dubs (or better) will determine what color scheme I use on this sad ninja.

I will not accept suggestions involving "derogatory or controversial" schemes (like nazi swastikas or swear words, or anything I feel like is "innapropriate," really) since I intend for other people to see this model.

Nice!

Never mind that the same tech could simply be applied to the wheels and they'd be easier maintenance.

And not look fucking awful.

Red and white, striped like a Japanese flag.

>W.i.p.

Paint him like one of those Japanese wasps.

AND the fluff for it lasted all of ONE EDITION before being rendered pointless by the removal of Dangerous Terrain.

Do him up like Genji from Overwatch. I'm too tired to post pics anymore.

theres a fully detailed interior too if you search for it.

yeah lel its silly as fuck

he looks like a halo 5 spartan

helmet highlights are way too thicc but its a nice start. For the purity seals aim so make the edges the darkest brown(sounds backwards I know) but it represents finger wear (which if you look at old text manuscripts makes sense and also allows you to scrawl whatever and make it legible if you want too in the creamier parts of the scroll.

Paint him in dazzle camo.

Black power suit and red lights/eyes but the pants are a Japanese style rising sun

>Overwatch

Seconding this

theres always some cool bits place youve never heard of when you decide look around (to me at least).
midlamminiatures.co.uk/scenery/page/0/

im glad the hobby is blessed by such an array of small companies that give pretty much unlimited possibilites to the people who can't sculpt worth shit or dont have the time.

Seizing the means of scenic base production.

I may need to do some private recasting myself.

There's a bit from a discontinued model line I need a LOT of to make a build work. I have greenstuff and a wish not to spend too much money. Can it be done?

Same user. If you want resin, I picked up the kit I did this with from Hobby Lobby for about $45 after the coupon. Alumilite Super Casting Kit. There's a guide in the OP, or on the 1d4chan "Casting" page, that'll help you out a ton. Get the kit, and you'll have everything you need in quite good quality. And there's enough resin in there for about 250 of these bases, so there's probably enough for you to get a pile of bits.

Emile from Halo Reach.

Hm. This is a bit much for what I need. I'm thinking that if I'm very clever I can make a greenstuff press-mold.

make greenstuff, paint with a release agent like olive oil, and press the bit into it, matching its natural moldlines. also embed some pegs in there for alignment. then when the greenstuff hardens, repeat for the other half. Add channels as needed.

not sure what to use for the casting material yet, though.

Paint him like HE requested, user.

Up to you how you want to do it. I'm just giving you an option that I know works. If you're willing to deal with Milliput as your material of choice, pick up some oyumaru sticks, less than twenty bucks and you can reuse it for years.

instant polyurethane moulds are what you need
they usually look like blue bars and are reusable.
just look on ebay.

Thanks for the suggestions, anons. I'm recasting plastic bits so I shouldn't need high quality molds. Just easily made ones that have good detail and hold for a few castings.

Damnit all ninjas must perish! Green highlight on red included!

Paint it like a chinese stealth suit from Fallout 3

The colors of serenity and enlightenment and highlight with total consciousness.

repostan since I didn't realise the last thread was dead.

What's the advantage of having the green baseboard, whatever it's called, that most people seem to have? I'm watching some videos to learn to paint and it seems to be very common.

One user mentioned it was a self-healing mat and he didn't find it very useful, any other opinions?

It is a self-healing mat, yeah. It's nice to have because you can cut on top of it without any worries. It is also good for measurement, since it's got the lines and all.

Hey guys, any of you recognize this sword bits used here?

This is what I got - if you need fine details, this stuff is liquid and works perfect, but the silicone is NOT a long shelf-life item, use it ASAP after opening. I'm actually in the process of doing up an entire sprue so I can practice different paint jobs.

>replicating entire sprues
Hoo, wow. I mean I'm sure people do it but damn.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormcast-Eternals-Paladins-Protectors

Okay, well, clarification: it's not the whole sprue at once, I clip out a specific assembly and do that, but I'm doing a whole sprue... individually. If that makes sense. I'm not going to be reselling it or anything, solely for personal use.

That looks like a sword from the
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Lord-Veritant
and
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Heraldor

Hm These are close but the one in the picture has two hand guard lightning bolts, these have one. Must be this one

games-workshop.com/en-AU/Stormcast-Eternals-Lord-Aquilor-2017

Is that Tyrael?

Looks like the hilt from the lord aquilor but with the blade from something else

>when you realize faceless hoods make you hate stormcast a lot less

It's a tad ironic considering that they're actually (Magically roided up) people under that armor

Too true. And this is coming from someone who generally likes sexy golden masks. I guess that the sigmarines are just too fat to pull it off.

>It's popular and I'm a hipster piece of shit so I must immediately hate it.
>Surely it cant have memorable characters, mirror levels of polish, and fun gameplay, the masses are just pleb sheeple, amirite?
>Posts some animeme in sardonic response.

Dude you fucking hypocrite.

>assuming this much about some random on a Bavarian weasel-fanciest imageboard

woah laddy

Wouldn't it be "Weasel fancier's" or something like "Weasel aficionado"

>It's popular so everyone has to like it
I hope your iPhone 7 Plus has all of today's Top 100 songs, user. You'd be a hypocrite otherwise.

no, but I do have a whole company of primaris marines preordered and am eagerly dual wielding fidget spinners in anticipation.

God damn, you are such a meme snorting retard you can't even come up with an original insult anymore, can you? You just copy-paste what creative people think up to feel better about the utter void you have that leaves your entire army unpainted, netlisted, and full of mold lines.

God help me. Trying to glue wings on a flyrant.

aight, you're just fuckin' with me. That got a hefty laugh out of me desu.

For the record, though, I have played it. It was okay, but I ended up just playing Torbjorn toward the end because it felt like playing battle-engie in TF2 again. Really it just made me want to play TF2.

The art direction is the only thing I legitimately hate. I can't stand the way all but maybe two or three characters look and I've felt that way since day one when they had the announcement banner up on battle.net. If you dig it, good on you, but I think it looks like ass and I'm under no impression that is anything but a subjective opinion.

Rerolling my post and praying

Make him themed around Seto Kaiba and/or the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Did this model ever get finished? Because the unshaded whites are a damned shame.

Metal or plastic?
The solution is the same, pinning, but I want to know if you're suffering or not.
Also, after failing to glue a few times, you need to take a break to scrape off the dried glue from the connections.

>basecoat

"Oh boy this is gonna look great when it's done!"

>wash

"OH GOD IT LOOKS HORRIBLE WHAT AM I GOING TO DO"

>layer

"Yeah, this is cleaning up real nice!"

>details

"OH GOD I GOT SOME METALLIC ON THE REGULAR COLOR THIS MODEL IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE DOG SHIT"

>complete

"Whew, it turned out okay in the end."

>see other peoples' models

"MY MINIATURE IS LITERALLY FECES"

someone in the 40kg said I should "shade my oranges with white". Did they mean thin down a white paint and use it like a wash on my oranges? I can't picture in my head what this would look like. I did look up some guides before asking and they said to prime their orange parts with white beforehand but that's as close as I could get.

He doesn't have rape tentacle laser wings

trying lychguard shields for the first time. cant really do anything that looks okay at least without excessive drybrushing

>four fucking megs

>not magnifying that image a thousand times and making it 10 MB

i like it

Full on Yakuza body tats, or you have no honoru.

Doomguy green.

So, I remember that a while ago some user built an imperial Knight and used a press mold to make a sort of mask that looked creepy as fuck.

Does anybody have that picture still? I'd like to use it as inspiration for a project.

Cool Knight pic for visibility.

a derogatory or controversial scheme

Hot pink with Hello Kitty designs on the armor.

I know that feel brother. I don't know why I keep coming back here when it is such torture.

What miniature is this?

Also Gray Fox from MGS

Oniwaban from Infinity.

Oh sure NOW I get dubs.

Fuck you RNG.

Paint him like Bob from Toonami back in the day. Any of em would work.

Painting used goods up to a better standard.

Any idea for this Skeleton spearmen standardbearer?

Nice job, Skeleton.

I always have multiple flags with different images on them. I often just pain a decaying version of a flag of the opposing army.

Nothing scarier than a bunch of skellys marching towards you with what seems to be the last army you sent against them. Gonna do shit for morale.

That is actually just the idea I needed! Thank you user you are a muse

Looking to start painting space wolves soon, and am wondering if there are any companies that provide a paint similar to Citadel's Russ Grey. I'v looked at multiple websites and comparison charts, but no one seems to carry an alternative. Even looking atBuypainted's videos, he uses Vallejo Game color paints like Sombre Grey and Wolf Grey. Now in the thumbnail the models have a great Blue color to them, but while he's painting the models, they turn out more of a light grey with barely a lick of blue to them. Please don't tell me I have to shill out for that tiny little pot.

>hur dur I want a specific color but I don't want to buy it from GW because I hate GW

Ah shit, posted the uncropped one.

Like this fine gentleman.

>tiny little pot
if you cant paint your army with that one pot you need more help then we can give you

Red, with Raven feathers all over

Army Painter Wolf Grey?

Otherwise there is a bunch of greys in the Army Painter range. Try looking there.

Oh hey, I win. What I mean is something like Titania from Malifaux's wings, but hand drawn.

I love the "totally not a space wolf" example miniature.

I don't know what you mean user. I bet Scibor doesn't even know what a Warhammer 40,000 is!

Alright! We have a winner!

Begon, shills. Vallejo has better bottles which have more paint in them for cheaper than citadel pots. While GW does sell some good products, they are universally overcosted.

You weren't fucking kidding. I didn't even know the paint existed desu, Anyway, Sombre Grey is the same as The Fang, which if you're going by Duncan is your base paint. Wolf Grey is your highlight. As for Russ, there's literally nothing I can say there. I'd have to see it painted down to give you an idea of what to do.

One last try for trips.

Hot pink with Hello Kitty designs on the armor.

Then buy Vallejo, dumbass. Oh wait, they don't have that color. See how the world works?

Just mix some white into Sombre Grey.

>what is mixing
>what is "just use a different fucking color"

>im too much of a retard to make a 4 dollar pot of paint last for 30 some models
i hope saving 30 cents on a paint that isnt the color you want helps you sleep at night

Local hobby store sells Vallejo for $2.99. Local game store that carries GW products sells GW paints for full price, so $4.25 on a 12 ml pot.

I don't really have a vested interest in Russ Grey. The other guy does- for why I can't say. I'd just go with something else, mix for the result, or use wolf grey for the layer and Ghost Grey for the highlight.

some BT primaris i am working on and Champion of Manlets for scale

I didn't know the Imperium did a 'Bring your child to work' day.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Crusade