TEACH ME

Can someone help me to understand how to play this game?

It's only a one-page system but I'm not sure how to practically use the rules.

My attempt at understanding this, correct me if I'm wrong:

Issue 1: Your weapons, class etc have no stats?
You have no stats in general?

Issue 2: I don't how the rolls work, if I have 4 on Scrolls and roll a 3, how happens to the monster?

I feel there are implied rules that I cannot comprehend.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/3cv5ui/how_does_combat_work_in/cszd52p/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If your Scrolls is 4 and you roll a 3, you have one 'Succeed'. Writer should have used 'Success'. This probably wasn't proofread.

Anyway, the 3 means you succeed, but not perfectly. You incur a cost or some sort of minor negative consequence.

Look up Lasers and Feelings and learn the rules from that.

The system is a bit sparse on rules, even for a one-pager. I would say that classes and styles could both contribute to you being an expert. So if you're a thief doing thiefy shit, you get to roll an extra die.

With swords, you're trying to roll the target number or above. With scrolls, you're trying to roll the target number or below. So having a 2 is great for swords rolls (2 or over), but shitty for scrolls rolls (2 or under).

As far as combat goes, it really doesn't specify what "success" means, and I guess that would be up to the GM. You might just need to succeed once to kill a piddly monster like a goblin, but you might need a half-dozen cumulative successes to kill something badass like a giant. (So it's like each success takes off a hit point, and a goblin has 1 hit point, while a giant might have 6.)

They're essentially the same though.
Which means the rules are completely whatever-the-fuck
It leaves too much to the player to the point it being a non-system.
I guess one page is too small for an RPG
a 3-page minimum would be better desu.

>I guess one page is too small for an RPG
Challenge accepted!

Eventually, anyway.

>eventually
Ok new challenge, do it NOW
you have 2 hours to do it, OGOGOGOG

I understand that it's too light for your tastes, but it's perfectly serviceable. The rules cover all possible interactions. The DM does have to decide on the difficulty of things, but that's true for most other games.

>It leaves too much to the player to the point it being a non-system.
Did you mean "leaves too much to the GM"?

>Which means the rules are completely whatever-the-fuck
>It leaves too much to the player to the point it being a non-system.
It's a role-playing game. You play a role. Systems are just there to help the players and the GM and keep them between the borders of the realism of their story. If you don't need realism or even coherency and you don't need any help getting into your role, you don't need a system.

>b-but then it will just be "teleports behind you" randumb shit
Depends entirely on your players. If your players want to be edgy asses, they might need more of a system.

I guess, the less structured the rules are the more up for personal interpretation.
I see, so the battle system (aside the ones described in the page) is entirely up to the GM huh

There's no "battle system" so to say.

An ork is a challenge. Killing the ork is the same type of roll/action as sneaking behind the ork, bribing the ork, distracting the ork, etc.

Ok if out of the blue someone gave you the OP page and told you to play and fight, how would you do it.

An example: an orc is rushing towards you!
Describe the encounter and system.

Wait, do monsters have stats or what?

When Veeky Forums fails try leddit:
reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/3cv5ui/how_does_combat_work_in/cszd52p/

At least they get the job done.

Is this bait or are you so hung up on DnD that you can't understand other rule-logics anymore?

Ok ok I get it, it's more narrative driven, no hard stats or anytying, got it mayte.

The game just doesn't play like that, man.

>There is an orc, what do you do?
>"I stab him!" roll swords

>"I throw a fireball at him!" roll scrolls

>"I sneak up behind him!" roll swords

>"I talk to him!" no roll, just roll play

>"what do I know about orcs?" roll scrolls

>"I challenge him to an arm wrestle!" roll swords.

Your players just say what they want to do and you as a GM have to decided what they roll for, sword or scrolls. The game is minimized to one stat, one die, and two skills. It's not a typical rpg, it's more like a party game that you can explain the rules to in 30 seconds. It's really fun with the right group in the right atmosphere, you just can't look at it at the same angle as your weekly session's system of choice.