Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1560: True Goddess Reincarnation Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao
youtu.be/HJNz2QgSNsk
youtu.be/H3x3-22Gi3g
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53527465/#53534478
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you import your giant robot somewhere after Super Robot Wars does Battler G update it's power armor?

Law or Chaos jumpers?

Law, chaos is nice but if you have no laws at all things get messy.

Does anyone else have a bad case of villain sympathy syndrome? I have a hard time hating villains if they have a good reason/motivation or at least one that's human and understandable.

What's the best fish race in the chain?

Are there any dragons in the show charmed?

All the time but that might be because I also become a villain a lot.

how about'a Third option because both of them end in bullcrap?

you're stuck with either

youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao

or youtu.be/HJNz2QgSNsk

Probably the race in WoW that looks like a koi fish, I thought someone was making a leviathen jump, they even posted a pretty far along Wip a year back. That would have been nice.

Chaos for life.

Yeah, though I'm a sappy idealist who wants to believe there's the potential for good in everyone I meet. That for every demented asshole with a god complex there's a good man or woman buried inside. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that everyone could be a good person, but not everyone is a good person, and you have to treat people as they are and exist. Sometimes you have to mourn that friendship that won't be or the good person who didn't have a chance to exist. I have to get companions who are better are fighting villains than me since I have issues on my own.

>living under the tyranny of YHWH and hoping for the best
>not letting everyone strike out on their own and having the best survive and thrive
You're not planning for success there

Chaos, I guess. If only because it's hard being lawful when the laws keep change every decade.

Surya, from Eclipse Phase. By far the coolest.

But if you want sea-dwelling fish, instead of some that swim in the sun's corona or other places... Exalted's Siaka are giant sharks that'll suffice until we get a Jaws jump, or maybe a prehistoric fish from Jurassic Park...

Or the aquatic races in Aquaria/the Murlocs from WoW, if those count.

Conceptual absolutes are bullshit. Self-contradictory at best, self-destructive at worst. Not. Even. Once.

So, can anyone explain to me what Dormant Powers does? Does taking it without any capstones mean you're actually more powerful than you are with all of them?

Fellow jumpers! What's the most depressing jump you can think of? I want to get this new chain started off right.

Nechronica probably. Literally everything in the world is dead as dead can be. The air is stagnant, flora and fauna are completely nonexistent, even volcanos have gone inactive. Any form of normal natural activity you can imagine is done. The only thing left are zombie little girls made by a necromancer who may or may not have caused this cataclysmic end to the world with the explicit purpose of watching them wander about the dead world in terror and despair as they have to fight other zombies.

sonichu,Jack Chick,1984,dark souls

You misunderstand, My evil is Law. Not someone elses.

That's just chaos though.

Chaos is the absence of laws, I would put what I am talking about more on the side of order.

Nope. The law of anyone that isn't YHWH in the SMTverse is just considered chaos.

Your original post made it sound like you were abolishing all law and having the world become some kind of survival of the fittest thing.

Current jumper!you suddenly appears before you and offers to make you one of their regular 8 companions and take you in an adventure through the multiverse.

The only catch (aside from not being the jumper and thus not being in charge of the chain) is that you will never be imported. The only stuff they will be able to give to you is stuff that they are capable and willing to teach and/or pass (such as technology, bestowable powers and magic that can be taught).

Would you accept this proposal?

Yeah, probably. I'll be bummed out about not getting certain things most everyone else would be able to get, but my Jumper as they currently exist has access to all sorts of gene therapy technologies and abilities at his finger tips and is an excellent teacher that has already taken on a few disciples in one fashion or another. As far as conditions go, that one's not severe at all in my context.

Fuck Law and Chaos, acquire demon waifus and become a warlord.
Become the Law!

Fuck. No. I know jumper me, and jumper me is an arsehole. I'd be better off if I was forced to go on an adventure with Rance.

Neutral. It's the best of the paths, Law and Chaos are for people who want to be enslaved by YHVH and Lucifer, respectively.

Heck yes.

I'd accept, but I'd tell them to knock it off with all the fucking drawbacks.

The conflict of this hypothetical is meaningless for any jumper with Sacrificial Bestowal, because we could easily become the equal of our jumper and their companions, if only they shove a worm in our brains though our eyeball and make us train in a hyperbolic time chamber for a thousand years.

>Implying you can escape a Jumper with charisma and beauty perks

It was already decided since the moment you laid eyes on him.

Neutral is always just 'the status quo' route though. No meaningful change.

Does "want to fuck female villains" count? I think a lot of people have that.

Am I not going to be imported because Jumper!me can't import me, or because he won't import me? That's a big difference. If he can't because of this scenario, fine. I'll go with. If he won't, though, if he just refuses to spend any of his precious CP on me instead of his other companions...well, then the man has no respect for me. Which makes sense, I've got a lot of self-loathing, I'm not sure I'd value pre-jumper me all that much. But I'm not going to go traveling the multiverse with an asshole like that, it would just lead to me growing slowly more and more resentful until I wind up doing something crazy in an attempt to become more powerful than him so he has to acknowledge that I have value and meaning.

But would your Jumper be willing to go through that tedious process for a much younger self?

Yeah, so? The "meaningful change" that the other two routes offer are humanity being enslaved through mind control or raw force. There is no route in which humanity wins, the best you can hope for is the one where we break even.

Since it's early in the thread, here's my progress on Divinity: Original Sin. Barter is done and there's been a few very minor tweaks to discounts. Magic is coming along with Air Magic completely finished and Earth Magic done except for one spell.

I'd probably say no. Current jumper!me has already been to a lot of the universes I would be really excited to visit just to wander around in and his Coordinators are making the future look unpleasant.

That said, jumper!me would be very willing and capable to teach just about anything they already know, so not getting imported wouldn't be as bad as it sounds. I could hang out at the Hot Springs Hotel and craft Kamen Rider devices with Santa.

So, tough choice, but eventual no I think.

It's not all that tedious for the jumper... It's ridiculously so for the recipient, but it only requires a bit of time to rest from the jumper's perspective.

Not necessarily. There are alternative Chaos and Law routes where Humanity isn't enslaved by Law for example, only eradicated wholesale, and Chaos worlds where humanity isn't enslaved to any individual master, but at the mercy of whatever demon is strongest and happens to be nearby. If you just made humans into their own faction that could stand together against the demons but would not capitulate to YHWH, you would technically be Chaos.

All the time. Not even if they have good motivations. I just sympathize with them out of spite. Because villains want to make the world their own, and struggle to prove their worth and value, while heroes just get power dropped into their laps. And that's not always a bad thing, many heroes deserve the power that fate has given them. I don't begrudge Superman his strength. But there are a lot of characters that I just hate for being the protagonists, and would love to see them fail.

Of course I would join my Jumper, as they have Charisma EX and Golden Rule (Body) EX so I would follow them blindly. Plus even if I do not get imported my Jumper always makes sure to give his companions as many powers as possible, which means I will still be almighty!

Yeah, my jumper does that kind of thing all the time for their minions. My greatest fear to be honest is that I'll be waifued so I won't get any of the cool/dangerous powers they have in tap.

Wouldn't waifus get the best powers so they do not get harmed?

Most heroes are garbage because they are powerful for no other reason than to foil the villain. They do and achieve nothing of their own initiative or by their own merits, which the villain usually does, but it's always the villain that loses. It tells a very bad moral lesson.

>If you just made humans into their own faction that could stand together against the demons but would not capitulate to YHWH, you would technically be Chaos.
No, humanity standing together against the forces of hell and heaven is still Neutral. Chaos is every man for himself, it would only be Chaos if humanity was ruled by whoever among them is the strongest. A group that's unified and self-governing, while still allowing for personal freedoms, is Neutral.

Definitely. While not as good as being the jumper, being a high tech cyborg warrior subservient to an evil lunatic still beats my current life.

>It was already decided since the moment you laid eyes on him.
I know. Stupid Sexy Jumper Magic Nazi Me.

So, what was the Original Sin?

It's not even that I dislike the "ambition is evil" moral, because plenty of times the heroes have ambitions of their own. It's more that I dislike how they aren't really working for their ambition. They just drift through life and are rewarded for little more than being the protagonist. Villains struggle, villains innovate, and while they often do horrible things, villains aren't passive. They have seen the fate the world would hand them, decided they don't want it, and set out to make their own. And don't get me wrong, I'm not doing some bullshit edgelord "villains are the real heroes" nonsense. Well-written heroes can make the exact same choice, and do. Hell, you can have well-written heroes who don't do that, who are reactive forces, and still come across as relatable. But you never see it in bad writing, there the hero wins "just because". I hate it.

Drawback: Hard Mode (1200)

Weird Guy, Lost Tail (1000)

Ghosts In Flight (Free)
PSI: Offensive (Free)
Center Stage (Free)
Whackjob (900)
Nightmare Empower (700)
King of the World (400)
Shades (Free)
Baseball Cap (300)
Mothership (0)

He didn't even bother to hide himself.

When the new Magicant crash landed near my old Magicant, there was a big HERE BE NIGHTMARES black arrow, with carnival lights around it. I found him shuffling papers in a pokemon gym.

Well, here I am. Do your worst, me.

"Yeah, about that" said the looming expanse of static. "I've been reading my predecessors' notes on you. That's part of the problem-I've had a LOT of predecessors. You know how this farce goes, right? I tell you there's a bit of chaos in your soul, you tell me you'll use it to fuel your order, I tell you your sins will never be forgiven, you tell me you're at peace with that..." he trailed off.

I. Well, I don't quite know what to say.

He slumped. "That's hurtful, man. My whole existence is a rerun, so why should I even try to be unique enough to give you some helpful revelation? Let's just get this over with. Dance fight, you and me"

If it's any consolation, I try to reassure him, you're more self aware than any of them.

...halfway through the ultimate dancefight of ultimate destiny, I realised something. Hey, I asked, as I popped, locked, and god-machined. Hey, you're my DOUBT AND INDECISION given form aren't you?!

"ZING! You just got Nightmare'd!" he shouted, doing the multdimensional worm. "Give up Jumper, you will never match this level of style!"

And why's that?

"BECAUSE EVERY DAY I'M SHUFFLING!"

And he's right. Our bomb moves are evenly matched. Our flip level is maximumer.

Five subjective minutes later, Ann proudly presented my stolen heart to me. To his credit, my Nightmare was a graceful loser and just turned off the dream-camera recording our dancefight before imploding with a bow.

(Cont'd)

Anyway, back in the real world, a bunch of alien oddballs found my avatar having a nap in a field.

Another discrepency catches my attention-Porky. As I explained my portal technology, I balefired his body from across time and space, leaving his consciousness a helpless witness to infinity. He squealed even before samsara started reshuffling realiy.

So it wasn't long until it was time to fight Giegue. Futaba and Alinivar bonded over just wanting the whole thing over with, Ann made Colonel Saturn increasingly quirky hats to wear atop his own hat and Makoto gave Zarbol and Larice a few well-needed peptalks. Together, they made one funky band.

Things between Niiue and me were a little more awkward:

"So, you uh...you've been to the timeline where the...other me realised his full power?"
Yep. Not gonna lie-you give me the heebie jeebies
"I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine what it was like"
Well, I could show you
"...I think I'll pass"

>"You're here already?! Well, it's too late! Because I'm STILL your better half!"
>GIEGUE
>The Universal Cosmic Destroyer!
>Giegue used Incomprehensible Zap and Inexplicable Jolt!
>Your party held on to their hopes and dreams, reducing damage
>"You know, seeing you all here-I don't care about winning this war anymore! I just want to punish you all for your cursed emotionality!"
>Giegue used Insanity Fog!
>Through determination, the dream dissipated!
>"Wait. This power...so like my own, and yet so bright! What is this..."
>Giegue used Unnatural Wave!
>But your party refused!
>"ENOUGH!"
>Giegue began preparing an incomprehensible attack.
>It's the end
>Niiue...made the ultimate sacrifice
>And began to re-fuse
>"NO! WAIT, STAY BACK. I'M NOT READY-"
>"I'm sorry. It has to be this way"
>Your party tried to steal his heart before it was too late
>Giegue's memories of his mother are resonating
>It's over
>VICTORY!
>+450 XP
>+1 Child Giegue

Not necessarily. My waifus get stuff that compliments my own and each other's abilities at every opportunity, so usually crafting, enchanting, research, and general leadership perks. They each get to lead and are protected by a platoon of their own clones, robots, and monsters to do with what they please. That said, they do get a lot of cool stuff, they just don't get any of the legitimately world shattering powers because they don't actually need them.

[Charmed]

Drawbacks: Stalker with magic and evil, Psycho cop with magic and friends, Death Takes A Vacation, The Comic Is Canon (1800)

Rolled San Francisco

Neutral, Witch, age 26 (1600)

Dabbler (Free)
Music (Free)
Ye Olde Wisdom (1500)
Power of Three (1300)
No Such Thing As Magic (Free)
Charmed Success (Free)
Three Hands Work As One (1200)
Family Tree (Free)
Mansion (1100)
Book of Shadows (900)
Imitation Waffediyok (600)
Hollow Mist (0)

Conjuring the Elements (0)
-Elemental Power: Umbrakinesis, photokinesis, pyrokinesis, electrokinesis, cryokinesis, aerokinesis (Free)
-Optic Blast (Free)
-Utility (Free)
-Particle Swarm (Free)
-Lethal Conjuration (200)
-Wave (0)

Memories: All preserved

I stared at the forces of good. They were set in their ways, and irrationally harsh.

I stared at the forces of evil. They were set in their ways, and irrationally harsh.

I stared at the forces of neutrality-you get the idea.

Once again, Death seemed like the only sane being in the universe. The psychopomp work at least was rewarding enough I offered to do it full time. A lot of dead souls didn't like the hand they were dealt by life. And that settled it.

Angels and demons cried out, as within the House That Is Not I hammered impossibility into potentiality. Fair Eyes and Makoto forged Self Determination, while Y- and Sulumor crafted Understanding. Del danced in the space between molecules to spread Delight, while Elune shone until Arcanism took root. And together, Didi and Secret made the Afterlife a place of comfort.

During the new universe's grand opening, I gave but one commandment: All ye who enter, do unto others only what you would have others do unto you.

And then I had tea with a nice old lady who never quite liked the retiring home her family had left her in, before chaperoning her to her final resting place.

Law for LYFE.

>inb4 Lucifer comparisons

Hey, just trying out a more moderate version of the Yosuga template here!

I didn't know Bolas was a Steven Universe fan

Im not in smt anymore.

Well I didnt mean that.

>>I stared at the forces of good. They were set in their ways, and irrationally harsh.
>
>I stared at the forces of evil. They were set in their ways, and irrationally harsh.
Ehh. Have you actually watched Charmed? The forces of Good can be assholes sometimes, but Evil is objectively in the wrong. They are basically all murderhobos wanting to kill either for pleasure, power, or both.

>offers to make you one of their regular 8 companions
>you will never be imported
I thought being a regular companion meant you regularly get imported.

Also I'm pretty sure we both would have the same waifu while being extremely possessive, so no.

He is a massive steven universe fan, he has a gemsona and everything

No, that's his sister, Niclole Bolas

Not him but he has a bit of a point, good punishes you for stupid stuff but usually not lethal punishment.

Evil just fucks everyone over. Its a weird universe.

Either way I agree with you that good is not really harsh so much as stupid.

Regular in this context I believe means "you'll never get benched in the warehouse"

No thats the Gem Golden Amber Diamon, leader of 12 planets and Empress of 5 peoples. Also third cousin of steven from the show.

I hate you so much right now.

>A group that's unified and self-governing, while still allowing for personal freedoms, is Neutral

...hang on a minute, that's the Devil Survivor 1 ending and-in a twisted way, sure, but still-2/3 Reasons

...uh.

I ask jumper!me for some time to think on that, because on the one hand I know about his infamous damn charisma/causality distortion antics. And on the other hand, I ALSO know that if he exists, and therefore his chain's metaphysics are real, then there are worse fates than sticking with him.

I mean, he's inevitably going to convince me if he's really motivated to anyway but still. Gotta ask.

Depends on the villain, really. That last about sums it up for me, actually-except I also find a lot of nonhuman reasons perfectly understandable.

Magikarp, maybe?

They grow up to be Gyarados after all

Oh I agree. I meant more building a new universe somewhere I don't have to deal with their bickering is still better by far.

Death seems alright though, he can be the ambassador to the Charmedverse if he wants.

>gemsona

It all makes sense now, White Diamond is Bolas

youtu.be/H3x3-22Gi3g

Obviously magikarp.

In SMT, what do the stats mean and why are the numbers so much bigger in some of the games? Asking because I'm looking at the wiki and wondering if it makes any difference for the Demon race selection.

Generally what they say on the tin. Strength is strength, mana is how much magic they can make go boom etc

And there's no reason why, they just rebalance the demons from time to time.

That's obviously Lucatiel's brother.

See post #53534478 in thread found:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53527465/#53534478

Murlocs.

The highest stats go in SMT 1 is 40 at max, and in SMT IV, they go over 200 and can get to 999 if I'm remembering right, so I'd err on assuming that the conversion ratio is like 1 to 5 for how they're valued.

Current Jumper... Yeah, he is an evil asshole but he usually cares about most of his companions.

First I wonder when my life became bad enough or doomed enough that the Destroyer of Worlds would take pity on me. I mean, look at his normal criteria for companions.

Anyways while he keeps being an eldritch moron I happily get to studying magic he's willing to teach, and spend time with the non-waifu companions like Asgore and Asriel. It's not perfect and I'd feel awkward with all the attention the Jumper gets, but if I have magic, access to literature and coffee, I'd be content.

I just hope things like Hyde and Bernkastel don't try to see me as an easy proxy target.

Have you been reading A Practical Guide To Evil?

Hey, with the new God of War being made, is there a chance of a new jump for it?

No. I hear it's good, though.

"The heroes don't deserve to win" is one of the motivating factors for the main villains.

It's not even out yet. No one has a clue of much of the setting or story details.

It's a question of if it's even a possibility, we know that it's very different from the originals though, like a completely different setting.

The huge time jump alone makes Dad of War being a jump possible.

Can the Forge of Souls from God of War be used to infuse multiple energies into metal at the same time?

How about we just wait for the fucking thing to even come out before we start talking on it. It's still months away.

Are there any jumps with swords that are also guns?

RWBY, Worm and most of the Final Fantasies from 8 onwards

Worm has gun swords?

>start talking on it.
Why not?
There isn't an argument going on.
No one is shitposting about it.
A person was just wondering if it is 'possible'. Not if it will or will not happen.
People like to speculate about things. That's how a lot of science fiction novels got made.

Chevalier can overlap similar things and cherry pick the best combination of properties.

So he has a foam sword for lightness, a gigantic one for mass, an ultra-sharp one (which is never actually used, so it never loses its edge), a cannon-blade, etc, etc.

Can't remember if he needs to reload the cannon-blade - might be that the base reloads the linked blade.

Is there any way to get that?

Today, I'm going to do something a bit...
Different.

Mother: Cognitive Dissonance
> Background: Weird G(al)
> Race: Lost Tail [-200CP]
> Ghosts in Flight [Get a Freebie!]
> PSI: Offensive [Get a Freebie!]
> Let’s Be Friends, Okay? [-200CP]
> Perfectly Safe Science [-600CP]
> Center Stage [Get a Freebie!]
> (Wisd̡òm)̕ o͡f tḩę W̴or̀l͟d̷ [-300CP]
> Shades [Get a Freebie!]
> Mothership [-300CP]
> I Wish I Had A Speedhack [+100CP]
> Hard Mode [+200CP]
> Cognitive [+300CP]

"Picked up that avoiding consequences perk, huh? Any reason?"
No.

Because I'm certain many people have never heard of CogDis, I thought I'd take the opportunity to talk about it at length, just a bit, because I was basically a story consultant while Heavens wrote this.
Not that Heavens doesn't know the story, but I devoured every scrap of supplemental material and downloaded the game engine so that I could pick through the code.
Because I am an obsessive crazy person.

"It's okay to care about things, you know."
NO.

Anyway, CogDis is a fangame for the Mother series (ie; Earthbound) made in RPGMaker 2k3, meant to act as a bridge between the official games. Because of this, it won't really make sense if you don't know those games, and is tailored for fans of it.
It's pretty rough around the edges, for reasons that should be fairly obvious, but it's got a good heart.

For the sake of providing an (extremely truncated) understanding of the story, the plot of the game is thus:
Just after the events of the first MOTHER game, Giegue the Universal Cosmic Destroyer agonizes in his ship over his failure to conquer Earth due to his human emotions. In his increasingly volatile state, he attempts to separate himself from those emotions, and sets out on a quest to gather the shards of the Apple of Enlightenment which foretells of his rise to ultimate power. Joining him are a couple quirky commanders, his army of Starmen, and a mysterious greyfaced human from seemingly nowhere with a bevy of Earth followers who call themselves "The Pigsnout Society".
Giegue is not the protagonist.

He is not the hero.

"But that doesn't mean his feelings aren't important."
shut up shut UP

The protagonists are the Applechasers, a group of unlikely aliens who band together to find the Apple of Enlightment before Giegue does, directed by Niiue, a weird looking member of Giegue's race who seems to have a mysterious connection to Giegue.
The game follows them as they make their way through the planets of the solar system on their junky UFO, meeting other aliens and acquiring power as they attempt to combat Giegue.
This concludes the teaser. But since most of you will probably never play this game, the spoiler portion continues on.

Giegue completes his journey, despite the hero's best efforts.
The Greyface'd human, revealed to be Porky, is beaten into a permanent retreat, but the protagonists are forced to flee into the future using one of his stolen time machines in order to escape Giegue's wrath. With nothing left to stop him, Giegue takes all the gathered pieces of the Apple of Enlightenment and sequesters himself, locked off from all contact, in order to hear its prophecy.
He doesn't take it well.
In the future, all is devastation, as Giegue's turmoil has spurred him to psychically mutilate himself to become Evil Power Giygas, an unstoppable eldritch horror beyond all thought and reason. The protagonists arrive in this broken future to find Niiue's future self waiting for them, who explains what happened. After final preparations, the heroes join with Niiue to enter the last remaining tatters of Giegue's mind, the only place where he might be vulnerable, and prepare to send one of their number back to the past to warn a chosen one, an Earth child of destiny who is fated to stop to Giygas across time.
In this final moment, it is revealed that Niiue is actually a manifestation of Giegue's mind, all his love and guilt, all those positive feelings and a heap of psychic energy that he has expelled from his mind.
Together, the remaining heroes walk into the darkness and try to reach Giegue one last time, hopeless though it may be.

Chevalier's sword being able to shoot cannon shells isn't due to his powers. Well, the finished product is, but the components were already cannon-blades. Chevalier's powers work better the closer in shape each of the things he fuses together are, so his gunsword is made of other gunswords. All the stuff with size and material weirdness comes from his overlapping them, but each individual blade can shoot bullets on its own. I'm not sure if the swords are tinkertech or just regular engineering that he can keep from breaking down because of his powers.

"Well, I still think it's a nice story. And it has more than one ending."
It doesn't matter.

So, three posts later, time for what I DID.
For however interesting the rest of the solar system may be, Giegue is the one with access to all the best tech, factories, Starmen, robots, weaponry and ships, etc, etc. As a member of his race, it was easy to assume a role at his side, even if I didn't exactly do much. Giegue's hierarchy is honestly kindof loose.
Aside from studying, copying, and collecting all sorts of tech and gizmos, I also hung out with Porky a fair bit (the conniving little shit), and tried to get him to play video games with me, but he'd just bitch and refuse to play anymore unless I let him beat me. But only if I only let him win by just a little bit. He talked on and on about trivial shit, and eventually I had enough of him, although I did take the opportunity to copy his Spidermech before I left.
There was nothing else of note.

"You also tried to calm Giegue, even though he wouldn't listen. Even though you didn't know what to do, and the only thing you could think of saying was that it would be okay, that he didn't have to try so hard. You still tried."
It doesn't matter.
"He lashed out at you and you didn't turn away."

I left most of the plot to the rest of the cast, while picking up trinkets here and there. It was a nice vacation jump, to be honest.

"You asked Porky if he regretted anything. If there was anything he'd do over. He laughed and said that was stupid. But afterward, he stopped talking to you so much, when he used to scurry around like he thought you were so cool. He wanted you to leave him alone after that, and you noticed."
It doesn't matter.
"That's why you left."

As for my "other half", I'm to understand she followed the Applechasers around, doing nothing in particular. A bunch of slice-of-life stories with them and my companions, culminating in completion of the tale.
What a load of fat. They hardly did anything. I left the plot to them.
While they did that, I got a lot done.
Nothing else happened.

"Except that's not true. You found a Repair Orb and copied it over and over. With them, you told Niiue how to save Giegue."
Stop it.
"You left items to help them all across their journey, and even though they could have done it without you, you still made their journey easier."
It doesn't matter. No, no. It doesn't matter.

Then, because you were worried, you went into their Magicant so you could help the final battle. Even though I was there. Even though it hurt you to be near.
"What are you Doing? StoP. It doesn't MaTter."
Even though they knew what to do, you stayed to help and heal them.
"iT DoesN't maTter."
It mattered to them.

You left, and started building up another Starmen army. You didn't even know why, you just wanted something to do. You had to fill the void. You invaded planets because it was something to do. You stole things past the point of satiety, because you couldn't think of anything to do with your time.
"stop it... stop it..."
Eventually your companions, the protagonists, everyone came to stop you, like so many times before.
"... why do you exist...? it's not right, not right..."
And you were going to put on a show, like you always do. And pretend to lose. But it's just pretending.
Because nobody is really strong enough to stop you.
But you don't think villains should win.

And then, out of nowhere, without any provocation...
Giegue started singing.
"it's not right... it's not supposed to go this way..."

And then you ran away.

He sang because he was so happy.
Because you saved him. And he wanted you to know. Because it could have gone so many other ways.
And he wanted you to know it can still go so many ways.
And you don't have to try so hard.

... and you ran away.
And you didn't stop running, until your time here was over.

I've noticed that you leave a lot of these details out of your write-ups.
But they still matter to you.

Were the voices in the quotes and out of quotes supposed to switch?

Yes.
It's supposed to represent one becoming stronger than the other.

That's what the Reverse Engineering Shard is for

No it isn't. That shard reverse-engineers Tinkertech, not Breaker abilities.