Anyone else play the King Of The Hill table top game?

Anyone else play the King Of The Hill table top game?

What's everyone's opinions on Dale's Pocket Sand ability? I feel like it's overpowered right now. I know it was brought in to counter Mr. Big themed Hank lists but it feels too strong again everyone else.

It basically neuters my Billdozer list because I can't get the charge off with Bill without fucking Pocket Sand stopping me in my tracks.

inb4 don't play Billdozer fuck you I like him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INaKdJNSbs4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pocket Sand is perfectly legit and not overpowered at all compared to That's My Purse.

I think people really underestimate John Redcorn's Sneak ability, especially if you put enough shaman counters on him. He can easily bypass Dale's defenses and rid Nancy of any "headache" counters.
This is a good thread, please don't let it die while I'm at work.

At least you can use female models to counter That's My Purse. Unless you bring Ventriloquist Bobby, Dale is basically untouchable now.

I dunno, I'd run Redcorn if they buffed Joseph so that he didn't need to take Awkward Teenager tests near Redcorn so that it was easier for Redcorn to gain shaman counters. It's a weird counter-synergy that messes up my distances between models.

That said Awkward Teenager is a fucking stupid rule in the first place and just about everything triggers it. It really needs reworked because otherwise Joseph would be a brilliant support model.

Can anyone ever stop Hank lists?
They always use the "Kick your ass" ability just as I'm about to win.

Dale can play a decent scenario game if you can keep out of Hank's melee which is much easier with Pocket Sand.

Bill is a really good when you get a Crippling Depression -> Renewed Hope -> Over-Confidence cycle going because Hank can't stop it and using Kick Your Ass just feeds into it.

I hate to say Peggy because she's just an awful model but if you take her and Bobby get them into range Hank will be forced to keep using That Boy Ain't Right unless someone clears Bobby.

Alright thanks.
I'll see if it works.

They actually errata'd that sneak ability so that dale is flat out immune to it.
The fluff reason they gave is that he knows but just doesn't care

I thought the devs weren't going to fuck with the fluff anymore after the Joseph/alien debacle.

I got Pro Pain at a yard sale for fifty cents.

I should probably resell it but god damn dealing more damage just because i take damage is OP with no cap.

I feel like the rose delivery for Dale's Shackleford stance Is pretty much a gg when you pull It off properly.

Has anyone figured out a way to counter Lucky's Settlement Monies ability? I throw whatever I have at him but he just gets more counters. It's so annoying.

Also, I found running Col. Hill and Didi Hill really shut down Hank builds. Didi does great against all male units actually.

Does Pro Pain work with Lucky's Slipped In Pee-Pee or does the working not allow it? Cause that would be hilarious.

*wording

>Main as Cotton
>post yfw you activate Fiddy Men

In fairness setting it up is really hard. Earl counting for the black AND gay vote is what balances it.

Can we have a moment to talk about Boggle lists? Peggy is honestly really strong especially if you can get Hank's pep talk ability to fire. That being said last time I tried it my opponent countered with the lawnmower expo's BE THERE ability and it almost cost me the game

Peggy players are literally cancer. Kill yourself.

I get steamrolled at tournaments because of that, yeah. My local meta doesn't have any players that know how to handle Shackleford stance. They expect pocket sand, but that forces them to play around It. I've been thinking about mixing It up and running Cotton Hill, so I'll have the ability to use orders with Dale.

Speaking of Cotton has anyone heard of Junichro being released or even any rules? I've been wanting to play a list of all the Hill boys but it doesn't feel like it'd be complete without him.

>Pro Pain
>Enhancement for Propane-based Creatures
>"Upon taking damage from ANY source, the creature equipped with Pro Pain raises its power rating by two steps for the remainder of the game. This effect may stack multiple times and lasts until the creature dies or Pro Pain is removed from this creature."
>"The creature must pay an upkeep cost of 1 (or more, if it already has an upkeep cost) each round or be removed from the game."

It probably does.

Is this the thread where we pretend a silly thing is a game?

I got to play him in the beta for upcoming. He is... well,
youtube.com/watch?v=INaKdJNSbs4

Yeah.

I was kind of hoping for more of a support model from him. We already have Hank to be a beat stick for the Hills.

No, it's the one where we pretend to be original while regurgitating ancient /v/ threads we found on r/Veeky Forums.

You can't complain
I play the cult

>There are people who don't pair Dale with Octavio

Christ, why don't you just play the Dauterive Widows if you want to use shit models?

Though Gilbert synergises well with Bobby and sometime Hank if he has the BBQ upgrade.

>Equip Cotton with Fatty's Foot
>mfw

Well his sneak ability definitely needed if you decide to gain his cannibal trait along with the resulting massive charisma penalty

>Spent months to finally decipher all the lingo and run a "dang ol' Boomhauer" which neutralizes any female
>Bill gets a confidence buff from the developers and I'm back to square one
Ain't fair man tell ya what

Sometimes I drop Octavio for the Bugabago. I like having Dale zip around the board using Sh-sh-sha! on stuff.

The only problem is that if you don't have Octavio's money then he betrays you.

>Main Boomhauer
>Got Ms. Sally fixed up, have to take down Hank, Peggy and Bobby
Which 2 should I use : Enrique (Hipster-killer build), Dale (Robo, alien tech equipped, pocket sand maxed out), Khan (Depression mode + Wassanasong's Golf Club), Junichiro (Equipped with probot 3000), or Ladybird (Bandit Armor, Deaf)?

Good to know the meta still forgets about the power of just about any Minh build. There's nothing more satisfying than hard countering Joseph players and then winning a tournament with nothing but rage buffs and guns.

Khan is great against the Hills, Junichiro and Ladybird not so much so it's 50/50 between Enrique and Dale.

Have you considered Buck Strickland with the Ms Liz upgrade? He's really good at pulling Hank away from Peggy and Bobby so you can single him out to deal with him without having to worry about their support.

If you can't fit him in your list Alabaster is cheaper but he needs to be closer to pull Hank away from his support models.