Excerpt from Gary Gygax's FBI file

I'm on a 3 day ban on /pol/ so I'm posting this here. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

documentcloud.org/documents/3866268-TSR-Pt-4.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish we still had quest threads on Veeky Forums.

>was proud of his record of personally answering any letter coming from a prison

You'll take any excuse to bring up quests, won't you?

>was proud of his record of personally answering any letter coming from a prison

Shiiiet, someone should have told me this when I was in prison.

Well, obviously, since anyone in their right mind acknowledges getting rid of quests was why we get shit like this instead, and that bringing quests back would heal the board.

So it has to be brought up until the mods realize this and redeem us.

Huh? Why?

Well, his drug abuse is new, as is his tax avoidance. The 'Gygax is probably familiar with" part is the only one that leaves me curious, because I have a few guesses and none of them make sense.

Return to your ghetto.

The FBI were spooked by tabletop gamers? Wtf even. I mean, yeah, we're terrifying, theoretically, but we'd rather whine about rules we don't like than do anything. We all just play 40k and D&D at the end of the day.

Cry more, this thread is at least actually interesting instead of sixteen quest threads, three meta-quest threads, and five threads about future or past quests.

Were you in jail over a tabletop argument?

It was back in the day of satanic panic, user.

>shit like this
Explain how this isn't relevant to the board.

Same here.

If they are estimating his age correctly (55) this was written in 1993, FWIW

Satan is passé, slaanesh is where it's at. If you're boring you can go for tiamat, I guess, but most dragonkin are on Tumblr.

It was part of the unabomber investigation. I'm not even joking.

Nope, actually worse. Terrorism.

I knew D&D was fairly popular with inmates but I may have underestimated exactly how popular, and for how long it's been popular

I think the main issue is the "I'm on a 3 day ban on /pol/ so I'm posting this here" part. Absolutely unnecessary and should have been left out.

Next time, OP, you should know better.

Fuck off, idiot, this thread is relevant. Stop shitposting in every thread.

It would fit on either board and I usually post there. Neck yourself

I imagine it would be, there are a lot of nerds in prison. Mostly for tax stuff. But also other stuff.

Here's the whole document I guess
documentcloud.org/documents/3866268-TSR-Pt-4.html

Unimportant; gain a life?

Why do you insist on spamming your crocodile tears on every thread? What's wrong with just clicking on qst and getting your faggotry on there?

PSHH nice comeback.... Kiddo. Git gud.

Look. I'm giving you honest advice.

So shut the fuck up and don't fucking front and then act like a little bitch.

This user appears to be correct. There's discussion of bomb threats to TSR later in the document

>Well, his drug abuse is new, as is his tax avoidance.

Beyond a basic income level tax avoidance is practiced by EVERYBODY, left, right, centre or pastafarian. It's the only way to keep your money and even commies like to keep their money for their own purposes (witness Noam Chomsky's tax evasion and offshore accounts).

Not surprised Gygax did it.

Also, did you know he was a Mormon? Also early days /ko/mmando.

So Gun Nut + Weird Religion + Weird Games + Libertarian = WACO v2.0 SUSPECT

>page 2
Nah

TSR was being investigated for Bomb threats and links to the Unabomber. Not if Gygax was a domestic terrorist.

And Drug abuse + Gun Nut +weird religion + libertarian is usually a power combo of nutjobbery.

>Why do you insist on spamming your crocodile tears on every thread?

I don't know, maybe because you antiquestfags are so fucking easy to troll?

For people that got the best part of Veeky Forums out of here, you lot sure are insecure.

This thread is hardly the forum, and I say that as an active QM who persists as a poster on both boards you indignant fuck whistle.

Nah, questfags were only interested in quests, not Veeky Forums.

>"I'm on both boards."
>"IMPOSSIBLE! NO ONE CAN POSSIBLY DEVIATE FROM MY PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS OF STEREOTYPE!"

Holy shit, how can anyone be such a delusional faggot?

>The FBI were spooked by tabletop gamers?

The investigation was all about domestic terrorism, specifically the Unabomber. TSR had received lots of bomb threats, Gygax was at the center of an extremely nasty divorce & corporate fight with his cunt wife, and the FBI like any other LEA was looking under every fucking rock they could find trying to work up leads.

You can keep believing the ghost of J. Edgar Hoover had a hard-on for Gygax if you need to, but adults understand the situation.

>You can keep believing the ghost of J. Edgar Hoover had a hard-on for Gygax if you need to, but adults understand the situation.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a nifty story to tell at a table one day.

>I want quests
>You're retarded
>hehe, I was merely pretending to be retarded to troll you

Sure.

Please talk about OP guys; quests are fucking stupid

>An innocuous use of meme
>Like five people getting seriously pissed off by it

I mean, you DO realize that "I miss quests" is a meme, right? It's posted in threads the board regulars might consider undesirable, such as this one.

The fact that its use always gets a few antiquestfags legitimately frothing from their mouths really is just a delightful bonus on top of it all.

>I was only pretending to be retarded, for the memes

I think you're just actually retarded.

>I don't know about you, but that sounds like a nifty story to tell at a table one day.

I agree. It would make for a great paranormal session or campaign. A famous game designer is being attacked by some malevolent entity, the PCs are hired to protect him and hopefully dispatch whatever it is. They find out that the entity is the ghost, shade, whatever of some powerful LEA official who had an irrational hatred of RPGs.

Making it even more fun, the attacks usually occur when the Famous Designer is running sessions of his Famous Game so the PCs have to play the game with him, meaning the players are playing a RPG by playing PCs who are playing an RPG.

>I-I wasn't actually angry!

Keep telling yourself that.

Set this at GenCon and you have an adventure.

>I mean, you DO realize that "I miss quests" is a meme, right? It's posted in threads the board regulars might consider undesirable, such as this one.

You trying to force some dumb shit doesn't make it a meme.

Just drop it, and quit being a fag.

>It was part of the unabomber investigation.
that's actually pretty interesting

Because he makes time for to answer his fans? Apparently DnD is/was popular in prison

The Satanic Panic still lingered in the 90s. I remember people claiming Harry Potter and Pokémon were the work of Satan. In this case, it was actually about the Unabomber, tough.

Because much like furfags and polfags, questfags care more about the feelings of self-righteous persecution than they do about enjoying the object of their affection. We have objective evidence that, when given a containment board to indulge to their heart's content with similarly interested people, they go elsewhere just to be told to fuck off.

We only cured ponyfags by mods who actually gave a damn and banhammered widely and with little provocation.