sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Archive of bad arguments you shouldn't carry over here:
How have you worked classical sci-fi elements (and not necessarily high technology or psionics) into your campaigns? Have you ever played in a space opera campaign, or visited another planet in your games? How would you handle the incorporation of these things into an otherwise bog-standard fantasy setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
astranauta.github.io/items.html
sageadvice.eu/2015/09/16/falling-damage-from-jump/
youtube.com/watch?v=dVxfGxQq-vc
youtube.com/watch?v=RbbgsDm6Cc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would you make a ring of power artifact in your game?

I hope the autism gnollanon and his group hop on here at the same time.

Is this shit?

Who here for Tomb of Annihilation and Xanathar's hype?

Make it do different things depending on the race, class, or demeanor of the one wielding it.

So /5eg/, how do we fix ________________me?

A couple anons said mashing sorcery points and spell points together worked well for them. What should Font of Magic become if I do that? Maybe a sorcery point version of the wizard's Arcane Recovery?

Xanatar's looks pretty cool I guess, I'll probably buy it if is has one of those cool ass covers like volo's did

Straight Rev2 Ranger is better at doing what this wants to do.
You might as well just dip a level of Rogue if you want more skills and shit on a Fighter, and you'd have better maneuvers while doing it.

>Another session without players coming.
How do you get your players to come to your games?

Party is going treasure hunting in former bandit hideout. Upon exploration will find out the bandits didn't just leave, they were driven out by a monster deep in the caverns.

What is it Veeky Forums?

The ability to learn spells with permanent damage type changes.
Any primary element can be learned as any other primary element. Fireball is Snowball now and forever for this Sorcerer, if he wants.

Troglodytes. Or a troll.

Clean your room.

It does. I'm not a huge fan of the special edition cover though, but that's because the normal cover is so much better than VGM was, relatively speaking.

The greatest monster of all:
M a n .

What class should I choose for a reformed brigand/bandit/thug now working as an adventurer?
would prefer something with a focus on strength.

>Cone of Cold
>Take 40 cold damage
>1 round later
>Wait I forgot about the Ancient Paladin's Aura/Cold Resistance
>So I only took 20 damage

Would you allow it?

Wat. Haha.
Sounds like the problem's you.

Yeah why not, its not like cold resistance comes up much.

I guess this and scout rogue (I hope they give them distinct names if they update or print them) are attempts at having a spell-less ranger without making a new class or coming up with some weird ranger subclass that loses spellcasting. They're very niche but I could see playing the fighter one, maybe like as a multiclass with barbarian to be some raging forest man raised by bears.

Now if you mean mechanically? Probably. It's still a fighter.

As long as it's not undoing other actions and the player doesn't make a habit of forgetting shit he can do and trying to retroactively alter his turns.

(You)

The normal Volo's cover honestly wasn't that bad.

I like this, but is it suitable for level 2? I guess it is pretty class defining, but it's also a very easy dip. Then again, if I'm already homebrewing, I guess that can be dealt with too.

Xanathar really likes his fish

A gigantic three-eyed six-legged dimetrodon. It is slavering. Its pearl scales are blocky and set far apart. Beware its noxious secretions!

Barbarian. But then I like it when people play barbarian as something besides dumb tribal guy who left his tribe.

So would Spell Points casting/metamagic, a somewhat extended spell-list, and giving the Lore Master options as metamagic for sorc make the sorc OP?

Maybe give them a another Metamagic selection at 3?

Just say it's only applicable to Sorcerer spells or slots. And again, just primary elements: Fire, Cold, Acid, and Lightning. Every other damage type stays the same.

Kill yourself.

Is there a reason why?

Really wish Tomb would also include dinosaur hunting shenanigans.

A huge hairy slug. It has thin wings of stretched skin and it undulates rhythmically. Its pine green hair is unkempt. Beware its webs!

It must be a threat to him who was true polymorphed

Changing damage types is the only non-OP Loremaster thing and it's still busted since you'd just make everything Radiant all day. That's dumb, so forget the whole thing.

Give Sorcs a new metamagic option every two levels. 3, 5, 7, 9, 11. It's not going to ruin anything since everyone takes Twinned and Quickened anyway. At least you'll see variety now.

Is it bad that my go to character for low levels is a Variant Human Battlemaster with Polearm Mastery? I'm going to an Adventure League thing in a few weeks and I don't have a character in AL.

Since I am probably going to be ignoring this character afterwards and it's only going to go from Lv1-4, I wanted to play my fun style. I think that it's very powerful at lower levels and just a fun character to beat people down with.

Ok.

What about.

>Ranger shoots mage
>Ranger does X amount of damage leaving mage on 5hp
>Mage is next, mage casts cone of cold dealing 40 cold damage to the party
>One round later
>Ranger: Wait I forgot I have favoured enemy humanoids, so that's an extra d8, I got an 8
>That killed the mage, stopping him from ever casting CoC, combat is over

A great one-eyed wasp. It has a long, straight horn and it has a bloated body. Its slate gray exoskeleton is leathery. Beware its poisonous sting!

At least two of my friends who are running games have lots of players, also my friends, going to their games.

Well I'm going to run a game online for the first time ever. Anyone have any good advice for planning a rough idea on where I want the campaign to head? Or even just some cool setting ideas?

I was thinking of doing a 5emodern game but trying to think of interesting ideas on a modern magic thing.

Can a rogue be built for strength and still be effective?

No, because you never let your Ranger take Favored Enemy: Humanoids (Humans) in the first place.

What is this dwarf fortress shit?

Revised ranger's favored enemy Humanoid doesn't discriminate on species and why would you want to make the ranger worse anyways?

A gigantic skinless bison twisted into humanoid form. It undulates rhythmically. Beware its poison gas!

If you do Barbarogue, Fighter/Rogue or Mountain Dwarf then it can work.

Carnivorous shadows.

So, um.

I don't play 5th Ed, for the single and unfortunate reason of never having had a group, but I have a friend who does.

Leaving aside the reasons why I can't just join his group, let me cut to the point of THIS post. Namely, that I enjoy coming up with random cool shit for games, which is primarily what I did when I used to play 3.5, Star Wars, Shadowrun and other things.

SO. That said, is there somewhere in particular I could snag the rules for crafting weird magical shit for 5e, similar to what's in 3.5 under 'Magic Items'? The SRD doesn't seem to have anything for it, and I don't have easy access (or really any access) to the actual books.

Basically, I want to make nifty, weird, useful stuff, and make sure I'm not breaking any rules in the process.

There are no rules.

Oh.

Well, that's lovely.

Probably not, since it's the ranger's job to remember his favored enemies and if the wizard would have died, then its a mess to bother with it. If the paladin would not have died to the 40 damage, then its not a big problem to return half of it.

Where can I find info on those? I don't usually multiclass.

Magic items (finding, buying, and crafting) are all in the domain of the DM in 5e. In order to functionally do anything with them, you need to talk with a DM first... so if you don't have a group, there's no rules to help you there.

Ah, I see. I think.

And actually, I believe that may make my issue a little less of, well, an issue. See, at present, I've been given permission by my friend's DM to, as he put it, 'come up with cool shit, and I'll approve what I like'. By which it's come to mean I'm using the item-creation tables from 3.5, mashed with the spells and effect-rules of 5e, which so far seems to be working out.

I'd just been worried that I was doing this the wrong way, on account of not having the right, 'official' rules to work with. But if it's all basically being homebrewed anyway, then awesome.

>i guess letting str characters do anything decent at range would ruin the game
Dex characters perform quite well in melee. There's no reason to bar Strength from the ranged game. The game I'm running allows for Strength with bows and crossbows.

You need to think in terms of 5e items only, have a look at the items in the DMG for inspiration and comparison.
Going into 5e with 3.5e in mind will give you a bad time, namely because the genre conventions are different and the power assumptions are different.

Is there some kind of resource or document online that lists ALL of the current character creation options (races, classes, and archetypes) that Wizards has officially released?

I don't need actual links to all the UA documents themselves, I just really want something I can look at that has everything at a glance.

Is barbarian/rogue a cheese build?

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Definitely worth remembering to keep to the proper feel of things.

>5etools:
>astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

5e tools in the OP, although it hasn't been updated for a couple or so UA's

Is my 70ft long jumping monk a gimmick build?

Nah, it's not too good in play and isn't hideously broken at all. It's a good way to play a martial who can use different weapons then GWM/SS and still be viable when next to them, also it's pretty fun.

70 feet is enough for a lot of stuff. You might be able to convince your DM to let you jump up the sides of two buildings close together, or up the sides of pits with that kind of skill

Like said, it doesn't seem to have been updated for a while and I was hoping to find one up-to-date.

Playing an ancestral barb where I refluffed most of the features. Rage is like a battle trance, etc.

24 foot high jump + 5'9'' is enough for a 3 story building basically

Also have a look here astranauta.github.io/items.html but stay away from 3pp because they tend to be shit.

Why is 3pp even on there?

Nothing I hate more then dumb, tribal barbarian.

Give me the Dwarven Berserker, the Guard Captain who's seen too much shit and the Elven Wardancer any day over "Me big and strong".

Though I did see it done well once, mostly because he has average mental stats and was just very tribal. Not a gentle giant or anything, just a normal human who hadn't seen much of the world from his tribe.

I suppose what I meant was, you can end up doing some pretty sick party tricks with that. For example, jumping up really high, clinging, then wall sliding down to cause damage with your unarmed strike and falling damage to whoever you hit while avoiding damage to yourself.

Not too sure, but that's probably more applicable to monsters. Doesn't seem like the items have 3pp entries.

My barbarian is a body builder who worships Kord. His goals are to become strong enough to wield the axe of kord (which requires a ridiculous strength score) and to defeat the biggest enemies at arm wrestling or a lifting competition. Does this sate you.

I need a slippers of spider climb now, this will be glorious or just reach level 9 because monk

What happens if you jump 70 feet in the air and come back down? Do you take fall damage or land safely?

What happens if you jump 70 feet in the air and land on an enemy?

Level 4 is slowfall

I think you get to negate damage from jump distance as long as you -jump-.

If you fall, none of this applies.

I meant in general, not as a monk

assuming you have no abilities like that

an unofficial official rule is that you can safe-fall your jump distance (if done intentionally)

as for landing on an enemy, many people i know rule it as you splitting the damage between you and the enemy.

You take falling damage normally, but he is a monk. If he has slowfall he does not take any damage, but the enemy would take the falling damage. It was used once by enemy monks in a published book once. It was actually super sick. Also you take full falling damage if you do not have a way to avoid it (a-la monk) that makes monks the best at causing falling damage next to barbarian with access to featherfall somehow

How do you jump 70 feet as anything but a monk? Also, have the wizard slow fall you.

>My barbarian is a body builder who worships Kord.
MA FUCKIN' NIGGA!

My first 5e character was a Zealot Barb of Kord who was an ex-slave. He wanted to become strong enough to move up to being a gladiator so he had a chance to become free.

The god of manly awesomeness blessed him with the power of strength and holy magic to escape and go on to become an adventuring gladiator/mercenary.

probably magic and/or magical items and/or really strong legs and/or 20 strength and/or a natural 20 on a supplemental acrobatics roll

Wood elf dash?

polymorph/wild shape into a female steeder. Or be a small creature and ride one as a beastmaster ranger.

>Dragonborn Fighter-EK
>Pike w/ GWM
I plan on taking Jump at 3rd level and use cone or area spells to simulate the other breath attacks. Any tips on how to build him?
Or better ideas/more unique than GWM in case I'm an idiot?

You don't take damage from a fall that's less than your jump height provided you are falling because you jumped.

So if you can jump 50 feet (say, on a non-Monk, so we're not worried about Slow Fall), and you do so straight up, you'll take no damage when landing.
And if you hop off a 50 foot cliff, you should also be safe, but that's a little less clear-cut and I could see some DMs arguing otherwise.
Using Slow Fall is another bag entirely. You negate damage entirely with that. If you're jumping onto a creature, ostensibly if you land lightly enough to take no damage because of Slow Fall, you're also not going to do anything to him.
But if you're jumping 50 feet and landing on that guy, I'd just do the full falling damage to him and not you. But I'd require your action for it.

Jump is a terrible spell because your jump distance / height is still capped by your total movement.

If you want to fall on people, play a Shadow Monk and only fight at night, or a Mystic with some Nomad disciplines.

>Also you take full falling damage if you do not have a way to avoid it
>sageadvice.eu/2015/09/16/falling-damage-from-jump/
>In such a circumstance, I'd consider a fall to be a drop that exceeds the distance of the jump.

>Jump is a terrible spell because your jump distance / height is still capped by your total movement.
Politely ask the DM to let you earn magical boots of improved jump.

Shadow Monk is still way cooler. You get advantage for falling on them every time, and you're still a decent jumper without teleports because of Step of the Wind.

What are you listening to while plotting out the next phase of your campaign, Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=dVxfGxQq-vc

What I don't understand is why people don't like kord as much anymore. He literally has his domain in valhalla so after your gains are so great that eventually you perish in a great mighty battle against something as strong as you, you just get to go to valhalla and lift with the big man himself. Then after that you can go mess around with viking and barbarian bros on other parts of valhalla and the hunting grounds.

How sick is that?

Because no one wants to play in Gaydragonhawklance.

youtube.com/watch?v=RbbgsDm6Cc0

Usually unless DMs are super sticklers, you can worship most gods from other settings if they aren't totally out of place.

t. Salvatore

So, did artificer get a revision? I heard somewhere it happened but can't remember where.