>hidden_compartments_in_formal_fashions_and_chunky_heels.trid
>two_dead_one_hospitalized_in_rooftop_brawl.news

Hangover Edition

>What did you do last night?

>How did you get here?

>What is your poison of choice?

>Fondest drug or alcohol fueled memory?

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (88% Positive)
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases

* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

* You have 2 new private message, titled 'Jerry is collecting everyone’s tabs.' ‘Why... just why?‘

>Chase your shots
>B.Y.O.B.
>And never, ever drink with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FepvP8
youtube.com/watch?v=JgxkilF5XUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post Matrix avatars.

It's been a looooong hiatus.

But now that our GM is back, and assuming one of our players survives the next month and a half, we might might be getting back into it.

We did this like 2 threads ago. Go check.

Three threads ago, my bad:

Is that a matrix avatar that's meant to look like that normally or is it magic avatar that is struggling and decompiling?

I's nice to know someone found Nikken Chuggets' avatar amusing enough to save it.

Spooky. I like them.

I now have a matrix avatar for a GM is I ever play a shadowrunner who gets involved in games of DnD or some other similar system online in their off time.

Ok I love these.
Despite not having full faces they manage to have a lot of personality.

Daily reminder that we are trying to get a 4E play-by-post group together on discord. The first character has been posted, we are DOING this thing. Join us at discord.gg/FepvP8

More like this please

>Daily reminder that we are trying to get a 4E play-by-post group together on discord. The first character has been posted, we are DOING this thing. Join us at discord.gg/FepvP8

Wew Lad!
Happy to see things are moving along.

Do any of you lads ever like to explore alternate shadowrun worlds where early space industry and colonization is a thing?

This series has got me thinking.
youtube.com/watch?v=JgxkilF5XUM

It wouldn't have to be taking place in space but I imagine the population pressure on earth decreasing and corps fighting eachother over space industries could justify implementing various changes in setting if you want to stay earthbound.

So i am a making a bear healing/ utility(maybe summoning?)shaman. What should i not miss out on? Skills, gear, spells?

It's already happening in actual Shadowrun world. There are colonies on Luna and Mars, and yes, megacorps are doing shady shit up there, too. You could easily blend something like The Expanse's setup of the solar system with Shadowrun, there's just be a lot more big players involved.

Yes, as my first shadowruning experience.
Standart ex-millitary mercenaries with their own ship. Crew was a guy who spoke about two sentences per session, nice player as our face, a guy who played a loli elf on drugs that would not shut up how funny his char is and how funny is a loli with a chainsaw, finaly as first time rigger.
Was fun exploring the space until it went from magic doesnt exist to you all get awakened. My 1 essence rigger was shafted while the loli elf got obnoxious to whole new level.

I hadn't really thought about magic off of earth in shadowrun and how magic may be different in space.

Why are aliases so fuckin hard come up with.
I blame the fact that its not supposed to be something cool you pick yourself.

Good news: You don't have to. Space is a mana void, you can't magic up there.

Would Santa Clause exist in Shadowrun?

I don't mean as a literal magic person (but this could happen), I'm thinking more like a powerful free spirit. Could it work? Is there any fluff on this?

I like using abstracts, like I have a decker whose alias is "Umbrala" because he's a sneaker, a stealther, and a Sleaze hacker and his persona and icons are shadows, but it's spoken like "umbrella", a canopy that protects from inclement weather and provides shade. Describe your character and maybe we can come up with something.

Space itself is, but what about planetary colonies or constructs like space stations where life actually exists?

I don't think their current populations are large enough to actually support much in the way of a manasphere. Earth is covered in life, and you cast magic as normal, so imagine the background penalties you'd get slapped with for being on a space station of 500 people and their attendant bacteria.

Fair point, though the station hydroponics would also get a vote. I guess the population would have to boom to eventually sustain a suitable manasphere, which means either massive colony stations like Gundam, or large-scale planetary colonies like Mars in The Expanse.
That motherfucker optioned out. Now he's Saeder Claus and Essen HQ employees have to sit on Lofwyr's lap and plead their cases why they belong on the Nice list.

Unless they make a story about the Mary sue clown going to space, magic won't be cast there.

>CGL
>paying any attention to space
How can they push Awakened supremacy up there?

I would think you would need as much people as would be needed for Heart of the City spirit to raise. Alongside actual ecosystem with all its flora and fauna to be self sustainable. Once the circle of life is set the mana sphere should follow.

46 year old elf that can and mostly does pass as a 20-something human, Both very intelligent and charismatic, sense of fashion, not socially retarded blah blah normal face stuff. She dabbles in the decker side of things as a side effect of her addiction to media and plays Arcadium Online in her spare time like a big nerd. She's borderline useless in combat and is a pacifist to some extent because blood is gross and should stay inside of people. She isn't apposed to using her modified burstfire taser to lay a scumbag out though.

She spent her early life being a boring book nerd, teen years partying to the fullest to experience the world she was missing, and early adulthood with a figurative hangover as a result while deciding maybe not so much world would be fine and settled down to a nice calm life of Shadowrunning.

Some years later shes renting an nice place with two of the other runners on the team, Because of all her various 'escapades' random people just sort of show up in the house, Usually passed out, drunk, on drugs, or any combination thereof.

Cyberears and Cybereyes
8 CHA 5 INT 9 LOG
'only' 23 seduction dice

Ork migration?

It doesn't work, except on some parts of mars where there's mana for some reason. No-one knows why. (It's doom.)

>Because of all her various 'escapades' random people just sort of show up in the house, Usually passed out, drunk, on drugs, or any combination thereof.
Are these typically welcomed people? Like, does she kick them out, or does she offer them sanctuary?

>is a pacifist to some extent because blood is gross and should stay inside of people. She isn't apposed to using her modified burstfire taser to lay a scumbag out though.

I've seen this come up a few times in character descriptions and stories and I'm a bit mystified as to how it works out.

Think about what makes your character.
Their quirks, appearance, skills, gear, etc.
Got it?
Now try to insult them using that

Can't speak for them, but I suppose a thought process of "killing them is bad, crippling them is bad, but temporarily, non-lethally putting them out of the fight is OK"
So anything that goes away after they leave is ok, anything that leads to permanent scars/death is bad

>I'm thinking more like a powerful free spirit. Could it work?
Literally anything and everything can exist within a deep plane somewhere, and it only takes the right astral tide before they're here in the physical world.

Here's every 'Runner's dark secret: they absolutely picked their own alias because they thought it was cool and are completely lying about it being a given nickname.

It's a limit, to be sure, but it's not game breaking unless you go full Pacifist II (no violent action, ever, even if you're getting shot and your mother is being raped)
I've got a character in my game that has pacifist, and in our last session it kinda bit the party in the ass because she was with one other party member and they had to knock out two guards, but she couldn't bring herself to start the fight due to the guards being unaware and non-hostile. Which lead to an alarm being raised, but it all worked out when the infiltrator street sam hijacked an APC.

Helykk on Tumblr. They draw a lot of 40k, too.

I can never see helmeted Akira without thinking of Malal.

>* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (88% Positive)

reeeeeeeee

OP has a hangover, what do you expect?

/srg/, my flat broke, couch surfing character may or may not have unknowingly accepted a blood spirit as a mentor. What do?

They did come up with rules for magic in space; a basic set in SG, and advanced rules for all kinds of space stuff (from zero-g combat to magic) in R&G.

Deal with dragon

That sounds like a great idea.

I got a question about Suppressing Fire.

What gun qualities do I need in order to actually use suppressing fire? Obviously I won't be able to do it with a gun that is Single Shot, or just Semi Auto, but say, the Ares Crusader II. its semi auto and Burst Fire. could that suppress? Or do I HAVE to have something with full auto to do suppression?

IIRC you need FA for Suppressive Fire
that's it

>4E
Damn it.

I miss Decu.

Malal best girl. Malal is cute, CUTE

stop reminding me of pleasant days gone by.

How to make an unarmed adept? Is unarmed damage normally (str/2)? Seems really weak compared to weapon options for melee

With some Martial Arts and Adept powers you can easily get up to some +7 to that. At the very least.

What adept power adds to unarmed damage except for critical strike?

On that note, can I suppressing fire with a 12round gun despite not being able to pay 20 rounds?

Is it unheard of for a runner to not really have a nickname just a fake name?

There's a rule for that IIRC. Every couple of rounds short your gun is reduces the width of the cone by a meter, something like that.

Carry a spare Extended Mag?

Ah, actually I assume you're going by 5th edition? In which case no, they shafted unarmed combat completely. Especially considering the increased firearms damage.

I mean it's definately not unheard of, but people will have a harder time remembering that "Dave" instead of "Toe tip toaster" the nimble fire slinging mage.

The line between nickname, fake name and handle is a thin one. Consider Kane, Butch, and Red Anya.

So long as you're not telling everyone your real name, it's fine.

While I get that you mean something like 'John Smith' a runner's Streetname is arguably more of a real name to him than whatever his SIN says. Most end up as runners in the first place cause they can't go back anyway.

Then there are some people that may never have had a 'real' name to go with a SIN anyway.
If you were born in some chip den in the barrens, Scrappy is as good a name as any other, I guess.

Where that may get interesting is for high end runners who can use other fake identities to dupe people into believing that that's who they are.
Say you don't trust your team, but don't want them to know or whatever. Give them a name that looks somewhat plausible if you check it int he Matrix and you may have bought some trust.

I thinks it's pretty much a given that you don't tell your Johnson who you are, just like they are never really a Johnson by birth...So even if you introduce yourself as John Smith, nobody would bat an eye I imagine.

>just like they are never really a Johnson by birth
You've never met a Johnson who really is known as Mr. Johnson?

The point of being a Johnson is they should never be able to tell.

That's awfully unfair for all the actual Johnsons, don't you think?

>2079
>not checking your Cis-Johnson privilege

I once had a Mr. Johnson contact whose initials were M.R. Johnson. Sort of accidentally fell into the role due to an administrative error, some secretary filled his name into the career field during data entry.

His superiors mistook his fear-frozen face for implaccable stoicism during meets. He just wants to retire without getting 'retired' for knowing too much, but instead keeps getting more responsibility.

Once his loyalty got high enough he became a drinking buddy for the team and revealed the truth. We never betrayed his trust.

This is beautiful and i'm stealing it.

If you're wanting an unarmed adept in 5e you're going to either need elemental body and a good magic and soak score, or dip just your toe in bioware for bone density augmentation (rank 4 gets you a bonus 4 damage) and striking calluses, rank 4 in that is another plus two. Depending on GM, hey may allow knucks to count as unarmed, if so, bam, another plus one.
It isn't as easy to be Godhand in 5e, but it's still feasible. They just kind of screwed up beefing gun damage alongside it, since now it's high risk medium reward, for most melee situations.

Bone Density 4 is +3 to your unarmed, the first rating of Bone Density just turns your punches lethal.

I'd climb the Eiger.

What keeps your character from quitting the shadows and doing something safer after the first time they get shot or almost bite it?

A regular Ares paycheck and the espirit de corps.

I...dont know
Not much work for bounty hunter
Security Cops wouldn't hire retired cop with SIN of AA one.
So started shadowrunning.
Now I mostly do it because I grew attached to the team and trying to keep them safe

Meant for

Well they want to die, So...

>wants to die
>won't just an hero
2edgy
I've always wanted to play a total edgelord campaign where everybody plays an over-the-top edgy character. Trenchcoats, dead parents and guilt-ridden pasts errwhere.

Wanting to die in a blaze of glory and wanting to off yourself are different things user.

For one, getting shot at is not going to get in the way of a lucrative job.
For another, he NEEDS MORE TEST SUBJECTS.
For a third, he wants to show off the unbridled magic power he and his mentor spirit wield.
The fourth is some kind of lab-grown bioware spooky murder fetishist, and gets off on it.

oh, and we can't forget, the guy who just loves killin'.

Nothing else gives quite a thrill.

Quit. The shadows came back to bite him.

Quit again. Shadows came back and killed his family.

Quit. Shadows came back again.

It's not that he can't quit the shadows, the shadows won't quit him. So, now he's just going to keep going and never stop because fuck you.

But both are still le epik EdGeLoRd material

>Listen, if you ever need anybody murdered PLEASE give me a call. I'm very discreet. I have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone, anywhere. Children, animals, old people, dudn' matter. I just love killin'!

John Wick pls

Honestly, as much as I love the movie, I hate that it is so readily a comparison because the guy was around before I knew about the movie.

And he plays it off entirely different. More like the 3rd time you've sent the meal back to the chef because you're allergic to onions, and he keeps putting onions on your meal. Like, frustrated, and pissed, but not... ya know... John Wick.

Oh boy here i got killin again