games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

I'm user and I approve this thread.

This is so much better.

So are Thunderfire Cannons good?
4d3 attacks with a 60" range seems good, but it's also S5 AP0, while I could get a Whirlwind for, that's 72" range with either 2d6 S6 AP0 hits, or 2d3 S7 AP-1 hits.

This is a proper thread

Anyone hear from their local GWs if they're going to be selling any limited edition loot for 8th's release this saturday (mugs, tshirts, posters, etc etc)?

I approve of this OP.

If you are going to make a shitposting thread about girls at least use up to date images of women in 40k

(Chinese, no she is not a trap)

...Anonymous
06/16/17(Fri)16:53:12 No.53834793
Just realized that Harlequins can keep enemy units in CC if played right. Position well and jump 1 model behind enemy when charging. They can't retreat. Next turn jump out of CC over the unit into the heavy weapons.
Flipbelt tactics 101.
Then die in overwatch.

Anyone not feeling the Dreadnaught hype?

They seem to get really fucked by lascannons and shit.

They feel really weak to me, but so do all blast weapons this edition. I haven't really played enough yet to be able to gauge if they're worth it in comparison to other artillery, they're certainly nerfed hard compared to last edition.

The thunderfire cannon does come with 'healer' (aka the techmarine) who also has better close combat capabilities once things get up close and personal.

Purely shooting the Whirlwind seems better, but when you consider the techmarine the thunderfire cannon seems more flexible.

I heard from one today that they'll be giving away 'goodies' on Saturday.

Only thing they specifically mentioned was transfer sheets so probably utter shit.

Rate my SoB list

The medic and AoF girls go near Retribution and maybe the big girl squad

Does the cannon benefit from cover?

I imagine the Whirlwind does not.

I just have an independent LGS so I have no idea. The owner is providing free snacks for everyone and doing a gift certificate raffle for everybody that buys something though.

Dreadnoughts get waaaay less fucked by lascannons and such as they used to.

The cannon and whirlwind both only get cover for being 50% obscured. But considering a thunderfire cannon is a lot smaller ...

Charge a Starweaver into melee. Tie up a vehicle. Disembark your Troupe (dem Flip Belts), and withdraw your transport, Fusion Pistol a unit and Shuricannon another, then charge two separate units altogether.

Stupid psycho methclowns. Shame they neutered the Death Jester though; I like when games allow "move the enemy" tricks. (Arimaa, etc)

>no she is not a trap

They all say that before they ram their dick in your asshole and cum on your above tabletop quality painted marines

Duncan should feel bad for doing the "Battle Ready" tutorials. "I'm just following orders" didn't work for the Nazis so it shouldn't work here.

Move the enemy abilities are horrid to be on the receiving end of, though, and Death Jesters still got a cool ability to replace it.

Just tried out my Callidus today. She is a grade A character raper. Also fun to send into other backfield stuff like Devastators. Unless you fail your turn 1 charge, she will always earn her points back.

Breacher teams are kinda decent at killing warriors and immortals, if you get them in range.

Vespids are also really good.

>trying to bait the /pol/ shitposters
That's not how it works. You need to be more subtle.

What's wrong with them?

Being able to pick which model dies first from morale or whatever seems potentially OP though.

>Grey Hunters fail morale test
>"You know what, that wolf guard in terminator armour leading them dies"

>Dreadnoughts get waaaay less fucked by lascannons and such as they used to.

Getting super fucked to death and getting fucked to death both have the same result.

Did somebody buy IA Astartes? Can someone upload it here? I am a poorfag scraping for money to buy models, fucking expensive hobby

Reposting my 3000pts list I'll bring against necrons.

In the last thread people suggested that I should focus the broadsides on the ghost ark, and use the riptide, ghostkeel and crysis suits on the warrior blobs.

any more corrections/suggestions?

>trying to normalize basecoat+wash as acceptable
Duncan should be tried in The Hague.

200% homosexual

azrael for 4+ invuln or your dreads

I need inspiration for an Imperial Fists successor chapter. So far they've got:

>Imperial Fists: Stubborn never-say-die bastards
>Crimson Fists: All Veterans All The Time
>Black Templars: DEUS VULT

I want a chapter that can still fit in with that. Also it's an all-Primaris chapter.

If everyone is running the conscript meme army, green tide, or nids, heavy anti armor should be fairly rare since everyone will focus on anti infantry shooting.

Hi I have about 1000 points of daemons would this be a good way to run them

At least wait until it isn't 4AM in the countries where it's out.

Anyhow the order is random leaked pictures, then someone with it taking questions and requests, then maybe, maaaaaybe you'll get a full copy fairly quick.

What the Optimal loadout on a Knight?

AGC + RBC + Heavy Flamer + Stubber + Stormspear?

Dual Avengers? Is the Gauntlet worth taking? What about the Thermal Cannon?

Have them focus on painting and missing their friends.

Problem is that nids fuck the meta up something fierce because they bring both monstrous creatures and swarms and the two actually properly synergize with each other. If you bring too much anti-horde you die to big bugs, if you bring too much anti-armour you get run over by the little ones.

>playing a friendly 2500pt game in my LGS with a mate
>take a renegade baneblade with my CSM against his tau
>halfway through guy i've never spoken to before comes up to the table and tells me that as it's not an apocalypse game, and i'm not taking a legal allied detachment my army is not allowed and I lose by default
who was in the wrong here? this was in 6th ed btw

What videos are you talking about?

>Photon grenades are actually good!
>But only if you have the first round in the turn because of the wording.

The broadsides don't put out that much fire. The ghost arc has 14 wounds, and with two smart missile pods, I think 3 broadsides can deal 2 or 4 damage to it a turn. This is a reversal from what I recommended last thread, but I think you're better off if your infantry and gun drones focus the ghost arc. After it's dead, have your infantry focus the warrior blobs, and the Broadsides try to pick out high wound, low model count units. You may want to switch off smart missile pods for them.

Honestly the close combat weapons are only good for BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

Shining justice fighting other Superheavies or keeping your points cost down a little. Stompy feet are better for killing most things.

>Waiting for Renegades Index
>Have a feeling it will be just rolled into CSM or AM index

>playing 6th ed on the day before the official release of the new edition
Fucking autism/10

this was a while ago you fucking prick
never reply to me again

Technically, the rules are gospel unless you and your opponent decide otherwise. If he agreed to it, then nobody gives a fuck.

what the fuck is this post lmao

They have a new type of tutorial video for each model that is in the starter box. One "ready for battle" and one that is like the old ones.
The ready for battle vids are pretty much quick painting, prime, wash, use basecoat only.

I dont mind those at all. Sure I'll always (try) to paint my models in a better way but there are countless people who don't paint at all. If atleast some of them give it a try now, all the better. It sucks to play against unpainted armies.

Done sloppily, yes. People *hated* Lash of Submission for example, even in an edition where it did jack vs vehicles and everyone was running mass mech. Inversely, in a game like SFB, it's satisfying to tractor-beam your foe and mess up his trajectory *just* enough that an asteroid will hit. It's definitely more "cunning" than just bringing a bigger gun (or vortex missile, or macro cannon...)

Death was Not Enough was...cute. Not so hot for competitive play but could wreck an LGS. The real issue with it wasn't the "move the enemy" part, but being able to make enemies fall-back off the table sides, turning Solitaires into an impromptu Rook.

On another note, I always felt that Writhing Worldscape (aka DJ Roomba Bunkers) would have been far more reasonable as a malediction that let you select an enemy unit, and have your opponent move it 6" directly towards a table edge, stopping if they come across other units/impassible terrain. No "bunching up" (what folks used Lash for), or rearranging the enemy formation, etc.

I feel with titanic feet doing so many attacks, and still with a respectable D3 damage, you may be able to get away with double guns and just go full hello-my-baby-hello-my-honey on anything trying it on in melee.

fuck of too reddit

Where did the meme that Tau were master marksmen in shooting come from?

I understand the "advanced" tech lore, and I understand the battle suit development lore, but where exactly is it stated that Tau should be above Super Human marksmen ship come from?

You're BS4+ for a reason...

Above 2000 is Apocalpyse.

Not Apocalpyse the playstyle, but apocalpyse as in an oversized game where Superheavies are perfectly acceptable.

what do you mean switch off SMS?

Is that a motherfucking jojo reference

Looks like an idol.
Job required to be as sexually active as a ken doll
Not better

I imagine the Knight doing that Russkie squatting dance while gunning down foes with its gatling guns Sasha and Katja.

Sorry, I was copying the lyrics to great days across a while ago and must've hit paste by mistake.

grand, should probably clarify the person I was playing with was fine with it (and blew it up a turn later)
you can barely even speak english you mong
do one

That also works.

>tfw to smart to use proper grammer

It's part of the FW Index Astra Militarum.

I don't think they ever had a MASTER marksmen meme, but marksmen yes because of their reliance on shooting and finding CC distasteful.

I hope you bite the dust mate.

No Poxwalkers?

8th edition soon boyz

Replace the Smart Missile Systems on the broadsides with Plasma Rifles if you can. Use the broadsides to kill high armor, high wound, low model count units which don't have quantum shielding. Destroyers, Night Scythes, etc

>tfw all your boys and toys are hitting on 2+

It's not as bad as i thought
any leaks yet?

Monoliths don't have QS...

FW doesn't leak

Having poxwalkers and plague bearers seem redundant. They fill the same role but plaguebearers are tougher and hit harder.

feelsgoodman

Hammers of Dorn have the best color scheme (next to Golden Halos). But it seems like all Imperial Fists tend to have both a dour personality and grit.

Anything that fits those themes would be pretty workable, though as for inspiration I can't say what would work.

Not from that index, no. FW has let a tight lid on guard and renegade stuff.

Really hoping the Vendetta isn't awful.

>all my fellow marinefags are panicking about morale checks while my army is one of the few left to have fearless
This is what you get for calling us gay traitors you faggots.

Right! If he has those, they would be an excellent target for the broadsides.

Alright so I decided that I wanna build a legit army. I decided to go with orks because cost is a major factor for me and I love the cobbled-up nature of their technology. I finished up my first ork boy and gretchin, I'll be posting them here. If you guys have any criticisms, feel free, because I'm making due with the ork starter paint set atm, but will be getting more soon.

Implying that conscript spam isn't backed up by lascannon HWTs or artillery

>projecting this hard.
Go back to blowing each other in the rock.

Also more expensive and die to morale.

Can't hear you over the sound of my auto-passed morale checks bud. What's that? You lost half of your tactical squad to morale? What a shame indeed!

Good skin.

Watch your moldlines.

Looking forward to the finished piece. Godspeed, phoneposter.

too early for this shit

If it's a friendly game with a friend, then Captain Autismo is the one in the wrong for just showing up and trying to tell you two how to have fun. If you just cruised into your shop for a pickup game, and were doing something wrong by bringing it, then that's on you. And somewhat your opponent for not catching something as big as a baneblade that's not supposed to be there.

mebae te

GUO makes them LD10 and the icon means they have a 1/6 chance of gaining back d6 models when they take a morale test. They're S5 WS 4+ and reroll failed wounds with the herald nearby, have a 5+ invuln and give enemies -1 to hit if the unit was at full strength at the start of the phase.

I'm fine paying 8ppm instead of 6ppm for all that.

It bothers me that Dark Angels get to reroll failed morale checks, and automatically pass them. That's just redundant, and in a properly edited document, ATKNF would be removed from DA models.

Plaguebearers are much better if taken as 30 (11 guys need to go down with -1 to hit from the enemy, so you also won't take a lot of morale losses unless the enemy focuses on them). Poxwalkers should be better at just being annoying meatshield hordes though. Slightly cheaper, but loses the 5++ save of the bearers, though gain morale immunity. Both are T4 as you already have Typhus.
Bearers don't hit much harder, they're only 1a while poxwalkers are 2A, and they have the same WS (while poxwalkers are still 10+ in squad) and same S (with Typhus nearby).

Both are pretty good for their points though, but i wouldn't take bearers in anything other than a 30-squad to maximise their survivability

Icon is more expensive than a plague marine.

For a 1/6 chance to pass morale test? What a waste.

If you're going to bring your retarded memes in to the thread then I think the other general would be more your speed.

Only Deathwing get the autopass morale checks. Everyone else gets reroll.

If you're counting +1S for typhus, then count +1S for plaguebearers with herald making them S5. That's a big deal.

Again, LD10 with the GUO. They're passing morale regardless, the icon just gives them a chance to regain dudes.

Damn

But... there are no DA models that have both rules. Some have ATSKNF and others have Unforgiven.

You just need to lose 5 guys and your LD 10 risks losing guys.