Silea Ravni - a Veeky Forums community minecraft server

Fellow elegan/tg/entlemen, I present to you the culmination of nearly a years worth of work and community-building; Veeky Forumscraft iteration 2 - Silea Ravni. Launch is on 30th of June, so stay tuned on our Discord for updates!

Server IP: tgcraft.pw
discord: discord.gg/A28pdFQ

>Who are you?
We are a community of people working towards making a great Minecraft server for fellow smar/tg/uys, free of cancer, autism and 13 year olds that plague most Minecraft servers.

>How do I know this server will last?
The server is already booked until winter on an expensive, high performance box that can sustain 200 players together with the hilarious amount of server-side plugins we have, all without any performance dips! After then, if activity falls, we will move to a cheaper box so as to keep this server up and running for the longest amount of time possible (which is well over a year!).

After then, the map will be uploaded for anyone to be capable of downloading it.

>Will there be players on this server for that long?
Definitely! Veeky Forumscraft has already had active populations for months on end even without advertisements and community growth. We have a dedicated playerbase from previous servers who are guaranteed to come and stay to play for a long time.

>What makes this server different from other Minecraft servers? It's not even modded, is it?
The server requires no client-side modpacks to play on. However, we have added a plethora of new stuff to it via server plugins, that renders Veeky Forumscraft gameplay quite distinct from vanilla Minecraft. We have 23 new crops with their own plants, fruit, juices, pies, cakes, and other related food items. We have a custom made map, which is far more beautiful than any randomly generated Minecraft map. We have magic spells, we have guns, we have early industrial stuff, we have RPGitems, we have Brewery, we have Gods, and far, far more stuff such as Slimefun, New Items, Chestshops, buyable NPC guardsmen, .Werewolves, Vampires and more!

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/7fANSfN
discord.gg/HdK7NX
newgrounds.com/audio/listen/499572
riot.im/app/#/room/#minecraft:banter.city
discord.gg/DEMrnSj
spigotmc.org/resources/magespells.5931/
discord.gg/gyAEwM
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Archae
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Armok
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Arbit
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/The_Expedition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

General Rules

1.) No combat hacks.
This means no usage of modded clients which give a direct mechanical aim/damage/range bonus to its user. Xray is fine. Minimaps are fine. Kill Aura and trajectory predictors are not.

2.) No spamming.
Since there's no global chat, spamming can only be done in 3 ways and all 3 are guaranteed to get a permanent ban.
a) Creating/deleting a town repeatedly.
b) Consistently and rapidly privately messaging a person even after they've made it clear that they want you to stop.
c) Spamming the chat in lobby.
If more ways to spam are discovered, staff will take the necessary precautions to punish it even if it is not specifically covered by this rule at the time.

3.) Shitting up the Veeky Forumscraft wiki, board, discord or community in general.
This means the following;
a) Being banned repeatedly from the Veeky Forumscraft discord for severe and repeated rule violations. If you don't like the discord's rules, just stay away from it.
b) Editing lore of other players on the wiki without their explicit permission to do so at the time.
c) Submitting NSFW lore and imagery to the wiki or board.
d) Threathening community members and/or creating unnecessary personal drama and conflict with harrassment, blackmails, or humiliation.

4.) Intentionally disrupting the server's operation
Creating lag machines, bricking plugins, or abusing glitches, inadvertently or not, in such as a way to disrupt server operation will have the offending player temporarily banned for a duration of a week minimum and 60 days maximum. Since proper lag machines often require a team effort, or town members are atleast generally aware of what their neighbours are doing, the penalties may be shared across the entire town. Tell your fellow players to stop - if they refuse, report them.

[cont.]

5.) No Towns or Nations without Lore
If your town or nation does not have a wiki page up 72 hours after it has been founded, and this wiki page does not contain approximately 200 words of lore written in comprehensible english, you can expect to receive a warning from an admin. Several repeated warnings may result in your town being deleted.
Additionaly, if your lore is not representative of server theme, we may reject it. You will be given another 72 hours after then to try and write again, and you will be guided by the admin and/or the community towards improving your lore to fit in.
Failure to comply multiple times will result in a permanent ban. Pretending to be dumb and writing memelore that is blatantly ridiculing this rule's intent will get you temporary bans ranging from 24 hours to 30 days, or perhaps having the permission the make towns revoked from you permanently.

6.) No alt accounts allowed
Using multiple Minecraft accounts to play on this server will get you perma-banned on all of them..

discord.gg/7fANSfN

If you want to buildfag or rp as a trader/industralist join Lynsk

Faction mobs are fun. Who else /thotpatrol/ here?

we have custom skins btw, feel free to make your own varaints

discord.gg/HdK7NX

Friends, farmers, comfymen, lend my your hoes.

The time has come to build a new, prosperous and comfy future for agrarian societies around the world. To bring harvest to the hungry and bring riches to all farmers.

Will you come and make your future in Speltshire? Houses and jobs for all who desire them, with a chance to etch your name in the history of Speltshire and Silea Ravni.

I can see my house from here!

>there are other factions

newgrounds.com/audio/listen/499572

The Valkyrian Republic seeks libertarians and individualists to join us in our effort to build a truly free and independent state. The banner of Valkyr belongs to the outcasts, exiles, and the rebels of this world; we seek to create a free homeland for mankind.

The road ahead will not be easy, but Valkyr offers anyone willing a chance to come along for the ride.

Want to join us? Check out our Minecraft chat on Riot:

riot.im/app/#/room/#minecraft:banter.city

>riot

I can't be the only bypassing Veeky Forumser who only sees this thread as some sort of maligned belief that this is something tg cares about. It just seems server shilling.

For those of you who want to be a part of something, the Valkyrian Aspect Warriors are also recruiting. Find yourself a role as a powerful and valiant Corvan Warlock, a crafty and quick-witted Dacian Deadeye, or a resilient and unbreakable Ignan Collosus. The Valkyrian army offers every member an opportunity for service and heroism on the battlefield.

Free software for a free nation, user.

Helvetia is recruiting, only 3 spots left!

guess I should've added this on the post too for convenience

discord.gg/DEMrnSj

Friendly reminder this is a Sergal friendly server!

We went from 220 members to 312 on discord from the last two threads. Plenty new people with a lot of interest, integrating into existing groups or forming their own.

I understand you might not have any interest in it - but we are a Veeky Forums based community, and we grow mainly from inviting other fa/tg/uys.

"no"

>first time I played minecraft with Veeky Forums
>people constantly blowing up each others buildings for no other reason than to destroy them
>people joining factions, taking all of the resources, and leaving

>last time I played Veeky Forumscraft
>spend a week getting my faction everything it needs to be stable
>overnight the faction dies and everything is gone

Can't fool me three times.

The first part has never gone unpunished in Veeky Forumscraft, such spergs have always been draconically punished and outcasted from the community when reported to admins.

The second part, well, what happened? Did everyone become inactive? Who are you, even?

I was part of one of the factions of dwarves at some point, I don't remember the name specifically, but I logged out one day, came back the next and basically the entire fort had been cleared out, all the chests were empty or just gone, and I remember there being a portal that lead to some other factions area somewhere random in our hall. From what I could tell, the faction I was a part of had just disbanded.

I should note that our discord subsection also mysteriously vanished or closed or something. I don't remember the specific details, but I couldn't get into contact with anybody from the faction, so I said fuck it.

What was the name of the faction? Also there is a stupid long grace period so and very strict rules about betrayal so none of those things can happen.

The dorf leaders of that faction ghosted, and the rest of the faction just kind of splintered. I don't remember what their name was, but I think I know exactly what you're talking about. A similar thing happened to Lynsk.

I'm sorry that it happened - this time around we have a timer which removes a person from the town if they're inactive for more than 14 days. The mayor becomes the next oldest member of the town if the mayor ghosts, which means that this shouldn't repeat.

the oldest member of the town becomes the mayor*

I'm sorry, it's 5 AM.

Fair enough, maybe it is worth another shot then.

dorfs were disbanded due to breaking rules then subsequently refusing to communicate with the staff. I suggest starting your own faction or joining the discord and seeing if an existing one interests you.

I think that he's not talking about the Stormdorfs. He's talking about those other dorfs - the guys whose resources and ruins Colaboy looted after they all ghosted / splintered.

Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of tickytacky
Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same
There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.

Tbh it really is. It sucks that Darrowdelf (I think thats the one you are talking about) fell but the server is hella fun

I'm still bummed Lesk declined my whitelist. Building big huge things is a fuckload easier in creative, and also I am impatient and want to build things now, not later.

Undead are cool and all, but Order is the best religion

airleap
arcanebolt
blacklungs
blink
blizzard
boundsword
burningwill
chainfire
cleanse
colorspray
deathlyshadow
deathpulse
dessicate
dirttostone
dirtybomb
drainlife
empathy
enderchest
faeriefire
falselife
feelnopain
fierycomeback
findsteed
fireball
firebolt
flyingcarpet
freeze
furiousgale
gazeofterror
ghastfire
gloriousrebuke
godspeed
hydroimpact
illfog
immolate
liftoff
lightning
magearmor
magicarrow
mark
poisoncloud
prison
quake
radar
radiantshieldrecall
righteouscinders
salamander
sealegs
shadowsteed
sheercold
shroudofnight
skeletonwarrior
smokescreen
songofbattle
soulofbrimstone
sprites
stoneform
stonetoiron
stormcall
summonchicken
summongolem
sweepingdoom
tendertouch
terribledamage
tidalwave
travellersboon
typhoon
updraft
warp
warpset
whirlwind
windystep
witherstrike

taking requests to post webms of any of these spells

Wow these spells seem really cool. How do they work in minecraft?

we use the magespells remastered plugin by L2_Envy spigotmc.org/resources/magespells.5931/
Using this plugin I configure spells, which must be bound to wands. on our server we use lapis as the casting reagant with varying levels of consumption

Are there any mage guilds or anything like that? Being a wise wizard living atop a mountain seems like top comf

There is a mage guild but magic is attainable by everyone theoretically. You could probably be a hermit wizard or join a town if you want you aren't limited to just the Wizard's settlement,

Thanks dude but I kind of want to RP a mage striving to become the best in all of Silea Ravni or at least an archmage of sorts. I think the best location for me would be a place where there are other like-minded individuals.

> Free software
> on a licensed-only mc server
Carry on.

Mgaes guild will be recruiting soon, contact Connor (((me))) in the discord for more information

Alright cool I'll contact you my dude

That sounds like a decent concept. Bit overdone but its still a solid idea. I might be a rogue magus myself and go about collecting spells and being loyal to the highest bidder

If you're looking to be attached to a town instead of a tower in the middle of nowhere there are several cities that would welcome you.

Don't forget to join Dragon's Nest! It is a /comfy/ town with it's own aesthetic to it!

You can ask for more info here in the thread or discord. Just PM Belus_ in the Discord.

this looks fun but:
the wiki is a mess, is there a link I could have to lore/races. Is this generic fantasy or should I really read up first? (also why is noone in this thread using texturepacks your screenshots look hideous, pls just download dokucraft and some lighting mods if your set up can handle it)

My great dilemma on servers like this is always whether to join a faction or start my own.

Wait these cunts still don't allow pirated games?

The wiki is still in development.

We did try to get extra blocks with custom textures but that screwed over performance so it was canned. We are still using custom items in 32x resolution that are directed at the blocky style, so other texture packs might not mesh well.

I've seen some screenshots with better rendering, but personally I'm just running on a potato.

No, with pirated copies you just have the shitters make new accounts for spamming.
No reason to make it easy for a bunch of primates to fling their feces around.

In a perfect world, we'd all be playing Minetest right now, or Notch would've made Minecraft free software and delivered on the promise of a good modding API.

This isn't a perfect world.

you can always join a town at first, learn about town organization and planning, then set off on your own when you feel ready to start up a town

>slowgrammer
daily reminder the leader is a known shitter who will probably get BTFO (again)

The whole idea of the server is to not have a buncha mudhut diamond armor wearing raiders who are just gonna be cancerous.

I do memeitems, better known as artifacts or magical weapons, any questions you cunts have?

It comes down to:
1) do you like being a hermit or beigng part of a group
2) if part of group, do you have enough friends to make a good town with?

someone say tower?

Also, check out Psions, we're a pretty comfy + rich bunch.

That seems top comf. What god/gods do you worship? On an unrelated note how important is the whole god thing because I've been reading the wiki and it seems kind of important.

We haven't decided yet; however, we have allies/trade partners in both order and chaos.

If I join your town does it matter if I'm order or chaos? Because from the look of things it seems like it kind of does.

city at night and discord for nation
discord.gg/gyAEwM

>dorfs
you had it coming

never forget the mage tower

You don't even gotta be one or the other, though some factions might try to bully/convince you into one.

Neutral is an option that exists.

It will, but you can help us decide. We'll have a meeting about it.

Order/Chaos is more religion than a faction, though. You don't need to join the main driving coalition that is leading the faith, but not being part of atleast one religion is highly unlikely for the setting.

>be order
>build a shitshack for a hour and call it done
>go off memeraid innocent 2hu farmers
>get your shit kicked in
calling it check em btw

digits dont lie

tira is a cool

Pretty sure he's talking about Darrowdelf not Brighthold dorfs but way to jump to conclusions like that.

dorfs are animals, no matter what fac

Nice digits but you got a few things wrong
>Be order
>Have the best gods
>Have best gothic style buildings
>No memeraids, only glorious crusades in the name of our gods
>Vampires >>>> Werewolves
How can chaos even compete?

So what aspects of slimefun are you all using? Because there is a lot to that plugin.

Removed all the weapons, all the too advanced high end industry (everything related to oil and all the geoscanners for example), but most of it is still in there. Also added exotic garden.

>look, we got hueg map so everyone can run far away and never interact
>look, we spent bunch of money on servers even though there are only dozen players or so
>look, the server is dead and empty within a month

>look we have portals and loads of other means of travel so people can interact if they chose too or be secluded if they want to
>look we have a metric fuck ton of fags in the discord and if even 40% of them play its still a lot
>look at all the cool shit we have to ensure people will still be playing like dungeons and a plethora of plugins to keep shit interesting
whew lads

as a matter of fact, even if only 20% of them play, we have 70 active players.

Really makes you think

Are there still grappling hooks and backpacks? I played on a server with those and they are pretty sweet.

>tendertouch

Things on the server are a lot closer than you think. You can easily get to where you are aiming to travel.

As someone who play/d the Creative preBuild:
>map is god-tier, but even moving out into the middle of nowhere didn't avoid having neighbours. Rivers, portals, mounts, and the Nether can+will be utilized.
>The plug-ins are good, although sadly they did get rid of Wireless Redstone; Luna explained it was damaging server performance. It's more that they have people who understand what they're doing and care to do it well than that they're spending "a bunch of money."
>Not even 1.5 (Rigelcraft) was dead+empty within a month, so while I respect Minecraft servers may have burned us all before, tg/craft has no such track record.

Does anyone have the map of currently claimed territories? I feel like starting my airship town over that archipelago at the top-left of the mainland, if it's not somebody's already.

I'll spoon feed it to you. You can find the full thread on the eight chan

Thank you user. I'm looking for the thread now, although I don't know my way around there well.

Nevermind, found it. So what, I just fill in my bit and name it and post it there? Nice.

Pretty much.

No problem my dude. Happy to have you on board.

Thanks guys. I'll post it and write up some lore tomorrow, need sleep now. Probably not going to be a big place.

You don't have to start your own town unless you want to. Lots of places are recruiting or would like towns to be in their nations.

>leader
It's a republic. The leader hasn't even been decided yet; A constitution and elections will be fleshed out amongst those who decide to join us.

The current members of the Valkyrian Republic have no previous history with Veeky Forumscraft either.

I love that cock.

Numbers, competence, aesthetic building style, actually having buildings, not having boggies.

>Numbers
Ok Ghoul
>Competence
HAHAHAHAHAHA ok nice meme dude
>Aethetic building style
I think you are implying that gothic forts arent the most aesthetic and intimidating which is perfect for order shit. This implication is incorrect
>Actually having buildings
Who needs buildings when you have a fortress temple and a bad ass cave with an even cooler shrine
>Not having boggies
Oh yes because having actual furries and degenerates sure beats having the 3rd best race on the server.
Try harder next time

Checked

The only ordercuck place I've seen is Ironbog. Where are your anythings?

Have you looked at your pantheon lately?

tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Archae
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Armok
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Arbit

Order is a cocktail of degeneracy, self loathing, edgy nihilism, violent sociopathy, and willingness to submit to higher authority for the illusion of power, all run by a trio of angry faggots that want to destroy the world because it interrupted their cosmic circlejerk or something.

The pantheon of Chaos by contrast is the benefactor of all life, and its aspects are representations of both human merit and flaw. It is the pantheon of mankind freedom and survival; Order only seeks mankind's enslavement or end.

If you will please consider the Cyclist perspective alongside that of the Chaotic nay-sayers. All life comes to an end, it is ephemeral and devoid of permanence, a mere speck of dust soon devoured by the void.

But there is another way.
tgcraft.wikia.com/wiki/The_Expedition

>order and chaos trying to measure dicks
>meanwhile sitting here in comfy secular nation

Feels good man.