Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder and Starfinder)

Healthy Suspicion Edition:
Do you have a particular group of people that you will never trust in RPGs? Women? Elves? Children? Who are they and why have you come to suspect them of malice?

PoW errata: dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA
youtube.com/watch?v=uints81YYMc
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5175548#post-5175548
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljwd&page=3?Bringing-Out-the-Big-Guns-in-Starfinder#106
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really want to runa campaign where players are not only different races and classes, but different levels. Kind of like in LotR, where there's one level 10 cleric, a couple 5th level fighters, and a few 1st level rogues.

Has anyone done anything like this? Is there any advice that you have for running a campaign like that? How do
would you imagine class makeup affecting it?

Which is a better combo. Broken Blade+Riven Hourglass, or BB+Thrashing dragon?

Press F to pay respects to Aurelia

go write a book instead

Do you want to kill things really dead? BB+Thrashing Dragon.

Do you want to kill things slightly less dead but fuck with the action economy? BB+Riven Hourglass

>Different Levels
OSR thread is that way: Otherwise, everyone being a different Species would be cool. You could take the setting of that one manga where Humanity just has one big, fortified city, IIRC. Just random adventurers stumbñing onto it and its eccentric princesd

I want some hefty damage but also some decent utility with my maneuvers.

I think BB with TD is a little redundant, I'd go with RH

BB+Riven Hourglass, then.

>Go check
...huh.

/y/ meta will never die.

People who play Evil characters, especially if they're Lawful Evil.

You'd think it'd be CN that really gets under my skin, but those ones, unless they're just blatant assholes, are usually easier to work with and can be reined in.

Evil characters will make whatever excuses they can to convince everyone they're going to be team players, and then inevitably betray everyone else in the group to get what they want. Nobody will do this more than LE players, because they're so damn certain they can out-argue you, out-plan you, and out-fight you, even when none of those things are true. All just because nobody was enough of an asshole to make a preemptive strike against them.

What's more, this type of player will always, ALWAYS resist attempts to make them see reason. But they'll actively work against anything that might change their character, and make whatever nonsensical leaps of logic they can to talk themselves into staying evil even when they should probably start developing a sense of empathy. They'll sell you their character on the basis that they're only technically evil, they'll talk big about possible redemption, they'll pretend that LE is basically just LN with a better color scheme, and then they'll torch the orphanage and gutshoot the king.

People like this are just bad seeds IRL and best kicked from your group before they backstab someone.

>Broodie changed his app
>Aurelia is gone

WHAT THE FUCK

she got TIEF'D too hard

I respect your conviction but I can't help but think basugay was the wrong direction to take.

Fuck Aurelia, Takashi gonna dunk all up and down the Flower Court.

>LAST TIME ON PUELLA LIBRUM D
>Cashmere was busy researching Tomes, Gloriana was tending to the needs of the poor, and Lysander was gathering the ire of his father
>Thugs arrived in Luca, squashing out certain rumors spreading from the Martel domain
>They found the party's friend and keeper, Cat, killing a man in the process as they cornered her in the bar alone
>The party rushed to her rescue, swords were drawn, tensions rose, and then the man in the back said everyone attack and it turned into a bar room blitz!
>Training, experience, and tactics guided the altish and their wicked scimitars
>But they were but men, and they fought Nightwalkers, veterans of tome manifestations
>Blow after blow were in vain against the nightwalkers, and one by one the altish thugs were slaughtered, butchered, turned to so much meat on the floor

>Eiro Martel, a captain of the Knight's Inquisition, was supposed to be there, but failed to arrive, held up by a woman no less
>He did come bearing news; a plan to track down the Death Knell Spider Golem that Cierra encountered on the road
>It was built recently, probably by a tome user, and it's killing people
>The party will have to hunt down the biggest bounty in the region, the Yellow Jacket dragon of lightning, and use it's corpse as bait
>No time to waste though, Jericho has found his way back to Luca and stumbled upon them and needs help!
>Robin, their only other lead on the tomes, has gone missing near the dragon's lair!
>The party saddles up, joining forces with the pear thief, and rides south for the fields of Titus
>Disaster strikes as they investigate the penance farm Robin had been confined too, a one person farm where she's been laboring off her sin
>The watcher golem had been destroyed, and cries for help came from the woods
>Jericho took off running, chasing Robin's voice, only to be met by the dragon's lightning breath

Good riddance to that walking Aquarion reference. Ortzi already had a girl named Aurelia in his life anyway.

Playing an investigator for the first time lads

What are you favorite 1-3 level formulae?

I save all my apps incase i change my mind. But so far, i'm enjoying the prospect of BASKETBAAAALLLLL

Getting to level 4 so I can be a real character and not something that only rolls knowledge.

I have a player who plays an evil character.
He doesn't go around burning orphanages down or anything, he's just totally sociopathic and self-motivated.
He's very much a team player because his interests and party's align, he just happens to also be a greedy duergar with zero ethical or moral hangups who hates the undead with a passion.
It's easier to pull off when the campaign primarily consists of dungeon delving.

When I get my 9th level maneuvers, I will have activated the power of the chaos dunk.

I think you just might have been playing with actual sociopaths.

I'm starting on level 7

You're god.

Heightened Awareness and Adhesive Spittle are great for 1st level, and Alchemical Allocation, which is 2nd level, is the actual best extract you can ever prepare.

>Stealth and Lightning met bullet and glitterdust
>The Yellow Jacket bolted out, pouncing on Cashmere and toying with her
>But Gloriana and Cat both charged, and Cierra rained down hellfire on it
>With the might of SMITE EVIL Gloriana struck the beast down, only to realize it was burrowing away
>Gone! Vanished into the dirt with naught but a pool of blood where it had been
>But they knew where it's lair was, and Robin had certainly been captured
>After healing up and having a meal of altish paella, they give chase to the wounded beast
>It's lair is an ancient tower, the time is night, and a storm is upon them
>The mud begins to flow, dredging away both their footing, and revealing the ancient foundations of the buried fortress
>They charge on, fighting off drops of animated blood as the Yellow Jacket burrows through the veil itself to elude them
>Hopefully, Robin is being kept in the tower as it's plaything, not its meal
>Before they can find out, the Yellow Jacket shows its fangs once more
>While fighting against the flow of storming mud, it besieges them with lightning and drakes before descending down
>Cloaked in magic, it evades their attacks before being struck down by Lysander's modulated Aether Blade

How does one make Bazuso?

>One of Cierra's overcharged, baned rifle rounds rips it from the sky, forcing it on the ground with them
>Every time it's struck, more blood falls, and animates, tearing the girls down into the mud
>And in their weakness, the dragon finishes them off with its lightning breath.
>It stands its grounds, pushing itself to the brink of death as the Nightwalkers fall one by one
>And then it flees like the coward it is, burrowing through the mud to an ancient temple beneath
>It traps itself in there, the flow of mud bringing the unconscious Nightwalkers with it
>Only Lysander remains standing! Gravely wounded and filled with corruption
>But he's their only hope to escape the clutches of the Yellow Jacket! He just has to hold on until their allies can reinforce them... but... can he leave them down there??
>Find out next week, on Puella LIbrum D

Who?

I'm making a Slayer//War Drummer Skald and I'm naming him after one of the drummers from Slayer.
Which is the best?

Please don't post logs this time, just let people PM you if they want them.

They really do stir up too much shit in the thread.

The only type of person that would ever want to play an evil alignment is a sociopath.
I have a player that's even worse. Every character he makes is some neutral alignment, so that he can include any action he wants under "following alignment". Every character he's made I've eventually had him switch to evil

Only sociopaths want to play an evil PC, but not all sociopaths play only evil PCs

>"the brink of death"
>suddenly knocks out four people with one breath weapon and flees
>mud conveniently dragged them to it just by existing
next time on Vult wants to rape the party with a dragon and they're not allowed to win. I'd wager cash the dragon didn't even have a statblock, just improvized bigger-than-them numbers.

These are all outstanding thank you

Congratulations, you managed to make an even more NPC-tier character than the last one.

>New setting details for Ensoulment seem a direct contradiction to decades of revolution from CCC's backstory
Is this evidence that the thread favorite isn't on Protag's shortlist?

>Basketball
>NPC-tier

Nah, this is some good shit. Its not Wist tier weird, but its entertaining.

>There is no possible way a high level dragon's breath weapon knocked out two players in one attack!
>That has literally never happened in any game of pathfinder ever!

WAIT A MINUTE. WHAT IF THIS IS BROODIE'S MASTER STROKE?

WHEN HIS TURN COMES UP HE'LL PULL ALL OF THE PCS INTO AN OVER THE TOP BASKETBALL ARC.

>I'LL ONLY LET YOU PASS IF YOU CAN BEAT ME

>AT BASKETBALL

>TFW ensoulment turns into SPACE JAM

>I talk about how tabletop is too slow for "The Zone"
>We /basketball zone/ now
Is this the power of meme magic?

>HEY YOU, WHAT YOU GONNA DO

Wait, what's changed exactly?

>it actually uses Basketballs to kill people with path of war
I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

That's just fucking stupid. Also they're not lawful at all if they're acting like this.

LE should nominally be the guy who'll basically do or twist anything for his friends and family - and his friends are the fucking party.

The fighter knows this one crooked lawyer who'll set your laundering up? Of course he does. That's you.

The cleric knows this one guy who can get those chaste teen girls some herbs that deal with any problems he accidentally at night? Of course he does. That's you.

The asshole BBEG Lt wouldn't tell you where the wizard's wife was kidnapped to until someone in the party was left five minutes in there and he fucking sang? She makes some goddamn fine cookies of course you slagged his fucking balls until he blabbed.

The Lawful Evil character in the party is supposed to be the guy who's willing to dirty his hands for the good of the party, often in the dark if he has to, just so that they don't even have to *feel bad* and live on with no guilt. You take it. You take that sin all to yourself, and you smile as everyone sees your friends as squeaky clean.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA

>Changed
Nothing, only clarifications that destroy the bizarre backstory that stupid chink tried to force on everyone else.

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS?

>Next time on LoBaF

youtube.com/watch?v=uints81YYMc

I don't know, it's pretty convenient that Vult's dragon knocked out all four female members of the party at once and dragged them down into a subterranean lair, while leaving the only male alive, but apparently unable to help them.

It fits very well with Ceraphine's timeline though. First confirmed character?

It actually makes sense for them to make a cheesy as fuck NPC given their schedule means a guest appearance is probably the best they can hope for

You're an idiot if for no other reason than forgetting that bon-bon flaked and got booted

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5175548#post-5175548

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice (Closing in 3 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium (Closing when Nut Milk Delivered)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 4 Weeks)

>It fits very well with Ceraphine's timeline though.
It's not so much that as Sappy, unlike Kawase, actually understood what "the empire fell very quickly" meant and wrote so accordingly.

You may be shocked to learn that I don't pay you that close attention, Vult. Your game sucks, you suck, and nobody cares.

Someone posted a schedule chart last thread. Monday is surprisingly populated, I wouldn't necessarily disclude Broodie on schedule though I might on basketball.

>I don't pay attention to what's actually happening
>But I'm going to be a cunt anyways
:thinking:

or maybe sappy pm'd the gm before working out a whole character and backstory.

>excluding someone for basketball.

Are you a monster.

Vult should save the logs to drop when the thread is being shit up with other things like /pol/ or Kineticist is Overpowered memes

that works too

How does /pgg/ feel about Ironfang Invasion? Giantslayer? Hell's Rebels/Vengeance?

Are there any 3.5e or 4e modules you like and would want to play in if adapted to PF?

How do you feel about campaigns that are very reminisce to Suikoden? What about Breath of Fire or Chrono Trigger? Xenogears? I always see Final Fantasy mentioned but never other JRPGs.

Finally, has Rise of Azlant been leaked anywhere?

Make it one person instead of a party and you just described Shinobu Sensui

The empire falling over the course of two years was actually answered in the fluff questions thread during the first week.

I should have applied to ensoulment as a hero inspired by pic related.

They need to become strong!

YOU KNOW IT!

Damn. So CCC never stood a chance.

Reminder: Protag is going to have to figure out how to make a schedule that only includes memed characters out of this mess.

NAW, Y'ALL AIN'T READY.

And I forgot the pic.

Pottery

>Hero of anonymity and the faceless void
Whoa.

I wouldn't say that. CCC could just mean that it had been falling for a long time to her, very educated and attentive, eyes. It just seemed sudden to people who weren't lifetime scholars with centuries of perspective on societies and politics. The events that actually caused Baz to fall in like 5 years could have actually had foreshadowing she noticed decades in advance, and they all just went "pop" in a flash that no one else saw coming.

I mean, he needs to rewrite his app a little, but it doesn't destroy anything.

Gloriana is about to become real strong! New transformations!

>tfw your game will never have a sports arc of any kind

why live?

>I mean, he needs to rewrite his app a little, but it doesn't destroy anything.
No, his schedule destroys the app. Discounting C3's abysmal availability, Tuesday night looks pretty good for the popular apps.

Will it be enough to defeat dragons?

They need a new ally!

>Game coming up in a few days and I'm suffering from writer's block
How do you deal with it?

So how about we flesh out this potential LG Good fo Bravery and Destruction?

The Triune was formed from three gods joining as one. Perhaps this particular god came into being when the first mechs were created and was essentially filled with the JUSTICE of it's pilot?

Steal something from a celeb app to a meme game.

They need someone to dunk that fool?

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
Single GM looking for good man.
Babby faced twinks pls go.
Motivationless chavs can do the same.
pls send halp
somehow Zuko is the only male character with a motivation to go after the stone tied to his story and character.

the build still fucking offends me for not being an EF DD/Entropic Sage.

>Justice
It's not about justice. It's about courage. Courage to fight on, no matter the cost.

Nah man, can't beat the dick

No one can defeat the dick

Everyone knows that

Hi, PBE.

I have some interest but I know nothing about the setting.

Starfinder melee weapons

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljwd&page=3?Bringing-Out-the-Big-Guns-in-Starfinder#106

Fair, actually this is better because you don't have to be a paladin type character just a guy who stands up even if you're not some kind of super powered monster.

What name do we give this god?

Couldn't hurt

I would totally play if it was Legends of the Wulin instead.

Wait

Psychic BIAS ENGINE was the first BIAS ENGINE

What if there are other BIAS ENGINEs? Divine BIAS ENGINE, Arcane BIAS ENGINE, what would their "tics" be?