What do you think of Veeky Forums?

What do you think of Veeky Forums?

I don't think of Veeky Forums.

are they still a thing?

Pretentious, but at least they have a better taste in books I'll tell you that much.

First post, best post.

It'd be better if it was about about books instead of spooks.

Not as bad as /mu/, but they're trying.

You'll see one day, user

Veeky Forumserally who?

Most pretentious board on the site.

Pretentious twats. And they don't actually know jack shit about literature. I've had retards there honestly trying to defend the claim that the fight between Achilles and Hector is the climax of the Iliad.

A board for asshats who generally only like things if they are trying to be subversive or a deconstruction.

>And they don't actually know jack shit about literature.

The statistics seem to bear this out. We have higher Vocabulary ratings and lower profanity than Veeky Forums.

/co/ is better

They have shit taste if their reccomendatiosn are anything to go by. I keep picking up these books and looking through them, and 200 pages later I still can't even find the character creation rules for most of those games.

kek

I just took a little trip over there this week. It's fine, but the fantasy/scifi thread just complete shit for people who are both pretentious and idiots.

This.

It's a board that might as well not exist, with a userbase that might as well not exist. That's not to say I think it shouldn't exist, but it just has such a minuscule presence and complete lack of purpose that it might as well not exist. It is a pointless place.

Worse than Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums has gone to shit in the past couple of years because redditors flocked to it after the Katie Incident. Somehow they ere able to bypass the elitism of the board through sheer obliviousness and now it's just a place for memes, frogposts, and sometimes 1-3 good threads.

They're needy.
I think I've only seen people from two boards come to other boards and ask what that board thinks of them.

>the fight between Achilles and Hector is the climax of the Iliad.
what

Did you literally read only that one sentence of his post? His implication is that the claim isn't true, you nonce.

An embarrassingly small number of them know anything about books. Especially if you try to make a thread about a non-meme book, no one posts or has anything to say, obvious recommendations never get made, and a lot of people have opinions based on the wikipedia entries and what opinion sounds the most pretentious.

There are a few people who actually like books there, but like single digits. Kind of like people on Veeky Forums who actually want to talk about cooking instead of shitposting about fast food.

Useless in and of themselves.

/fitlit/ was amazing though.

I remember this thingie. Remind me, what site it was on?

Hell yeah

I'm not sure I like being almost 60% similar to /v/.

What was the other board?

/pol/

I don't even think people come from /pol/ to ask what people think about /pol/.
Like, even if you don't go to /pol/, knowing what the board thinks about /pol/ is still relevant information.

You shouldn't go on Veeky Forums for serious topics.
For entertainement like tabletop it's fine, but everytime I tried to go on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums it was a disaster.

lit 2 is a significantly better spell. Not only does it do more damage, but it hits all targets, and most of the things vulnerable to lit come in big groups

/d/ is considerably lower than I had expected

Alright folks, time for the Wayne Dump.

Veeky Forums may have been a good board at some point, but over time it's evolved to become what it is. Namely, a barrier to keep the Pseudo-philosophers off the good boards, the same way /pol/ is a barrier to keep SJWs off of the site, /b/ is to keep normies, /r9k/ to keep pseudo-intellectuals occupied, and Veeky Forums to keep /pol/ from creating too many Nazi threads on here.

Each board with a reputation for a shitty community is essentially a barrier to keep the good boards intact, of which I include Veeky Forums, /co/, /toy/, and /d/(yes, unironically).

That's why Stat Me threads and our literary jaunts are so common on here. We're not the board for literary discussion, we're the board for QUALITY literary discussion, QUALITY philosophical discourse, QUALITY political intrigue, and QUALITY discussion of shows and films. By quality I don't mean objective content so much as I mean specifically discussions that won't immediately get shot down, and will actually happen... can you imagine posting a thread about the Bartimaeus Trilogy on Veeky Forums? I'd feel genuinely sorry for the OP of that thread.

Anyway, bottom line is, the main reason anything is Veeky Forums-related is because Veeky Forums will at least have the courtesy of discussion something if it's put through the lense of RPGs and settings, unlike boards that refuse to discuss subjects that are supposed to be on-topic.

>/r9k/ to keep pseudo-intellectuals occupied

Doesn't seem to be working.

It's not a perfect system. In fact, I think it's more to keep those who THINK they're pseudo-intellectuals off the board. A more advanced stupid that is reduced in number by the board's presence.

Fairly great points I agree with. Just a shame when a good board feels like being a shit board. /diy/ is pretty fucking 95% great but that odd 5% can be terrible. I was once given advice on wiring specifically meant to electrocute me from the mains.

>Veeky Forums
>quality
>QUALITY

>/pol/ lower than /d/, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums, and only slightly closer than /aco/

Compared to the boards he mentioned, yeah.

Again, Quality discussion in that the discussions may actually happen and have potential merit to them.

have you been pegged by a kender yet wayne?

She basically went AWOL two days after I posted that. Now I'm down to two players and waiting on a third to stop being busy, and until then I'm looking for another. I'm starting the campaign as soon as I have even three players.

Excuse me while I sperg, but how the FUCK do people who ostensibly have sufficient neurons to speak basic English fuck up my/mine and thy/thine so much? I swear I see it incorrectly used more often than correctly.

"Mine kingdom." God have mercy.

like tg without the fun and creativity

where is /an/ you shit
>unironically liking pol

>People are using extinct pronouns wrong in a meme
No, I will not excuse your sperging

Never paid much attention to /an/... seems alright from a distance.

/k/ is total bro-tier though... especially if you play MAID, GURPS, Ops and Tactics, or select wargames.

This.

Occasionally I go to the science fiction and fantasy general on Veeky Forums.
it's ok.
our book threads are better, but kinda rare.

It's a roleplaying board where high school students pretend to be in grad school and undergrads pretend to be professors.

"I'm acting like an intellectual," they tell themselves.

More like /shit/. /a/ /v/ Veeky Forums /vp/ /tv/ and /mu/ all have shit taste. /co/, /mlp/, and /m/ are the only media boards that have decent taste. /b/ has better taste than most boards if that tells you how awful we are.

Pretty much sums my feeling on Veeky Forums up.