Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1563: Louisville Slugger Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RXQQVd0d
youtube.com/watch?v=x4nHWXDdYRA
pastebin.com/885CZNAN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For those who missed it:
Tenchi Intermission Write-Up:
pastebin.com/RXQQVd0d

Best read while listening to this: youtube.com/watch?v=x4nHWXDdYRA

And my build:
Jump 89.5: Tenchi Muyo (Space Opera)
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Exceptional Company [1350]
The Maddest Science Yet [550]
The UnChousin One [250]
Your Reputation Precedes You [50]

Items:
Subspace Onsen [0]

Drawbacks:
The OTHER Chousin One [1550]

Finished write-up will happen...eventually.

How do you guys handle hygiene in medieval settings? For those of you who didn't take evercleansed anyway.

People in the medieval era were far more hygienic than most people give them credit for. Most of the "never bathes" memes originate from the Victorian era, when the rivers and such were filled with filth and could get you sick for bathing.

Evercl–
Oh.
You have a Warehouse, user.
Store some fucking basic hygiene products in there.
Alternately, I think there's a perk or item in the Hollywood jump that gives a lifetime supply any products you star in an ad for.

Tell that to the serfs that had livestock sleeping in hut with them

That's actually only true for early medieval times. Once the Black Plague hit, people blamed bathing and stopped taking baths until the Industrial Era.

Steal from Rome and set up an Aqueduct and a bath-house.

If you do two jumps in the same world, same timeline, and they don't have continuity drawbacks, are the jumps completely separate realities?

Yes

Unless you wank otherwise and bend the rules yes.

I didn't take Evercleansed, but there's a few other perks that do the same thing.
For D&D worlds, there's always Prestidigitation.

That's the most logical way for it to work.
Otherwise it could be the same universe, only your Benefactor retconned your past actions out of existence.

Was the EVE Online jump ever finished?

Yes. It's in the Uploads folder.

I'm an alchemist jumper, user. The stuff I create for bubble baths has been known to relax the elderly into a coma, and what plaque survives my teeth cleaning regimen could beat your dad in a fight.

So, just learn to make your own stuff and you should be good.

I give bitches the bad touch

Do toons catch diseases from non-toon viruses or bacteria?

I have a house in my warehouse I assume it comes stocked with a continual supply of hygiene products in the bathroom.

Becoming a phantom/ghost removes the need to be clean.

Anyone else have trouble remembering to check if 100 cp perks and items are free for the respective background/origin/race? Or remembering to check specifically for the Drop-In background, since some jumps only give 100 cp discounts to Drop-Ins?

>Louisville Slugger

Which jump has the best Louisville Slugger?

Probably MOTHER.

If I'm still at the point in my chain that I can't just magic it off with something like prestidigitation, well, that's where having experience with practical skills comes in. Making your own soap is pretty easy. And 'plumbing' is the one Warehouse utility that I always buy, owing to how annoying it sounds to set that up, as opposed to electricity.

I actually dislike taking Evercleansed, because it sounds pretty annoying for situations like disguising myself or trying to 'fit in' in dirty environments. There are ways to mitigate the sanitation risks, and vanity doesn't really matter to me.

If it's funny, yeah.

What type of benefactor would your jumper be?

how does this look?

>Oxygen destroyer -1000
>this is it, the lost notes and the last sample of the greatest implement of murder mankind has ever created this immensely powerful chemical weapon can melt flesh from bone on nearly anything that breathes inhales oxygen via the respiratory systems of anything that breathes air or water . It can easily destroy all but the most regenerative of Kaiju. There just the problem of its gaseous nature, causing it to potentially move in the wrong direction and there may be political consequences for having one of the greatest and most feared superweapons known to mankind.

This is the thing that killed the OG Godzilla right?

well not killed,because it's my understanding That Godzilla Regenerated from the bones but yes.

To that user last thread bitching about pricing schemes with more perks than you can buy with your starting budget, I just want to tell you to fuck off and kill yourself, because you are actively ruining jumpchain for everyone by peddling your shitty advice to jumpmakers.

You don't have to be able to take everything from your own origin.There is no good reason to deliberately scale down prices or limit the options available in a jump for budgetary concerns because in the end, that's your problem. All you're doing is damaging jumpchain, you add nothing and help no one.

The jump is balanced in it's pricing, if you can't buy everything you want, then take drawbacks or cut back on what you're buying, don't fucking bitch and whine about how you should get everything for lower prices or have the options that cost more removed.

I love when /jc/ becomes edgy

Do you need to have a Guardian Spirit to take Apothesis in the Baten Kaitos jump?

What are the best perks to get the strongest teeth?

Highschool of the Dead has the Dental perk.

It doesn't say that it requires it, so probably not.

Badbadium Body in The God of High School. Technically an item and not a perk, but it functions like one, and it makes your whole body out of an insane durable bio-mimetic metal. Your teeth would be included in that. Given that it takes multiple planet-busting strikes just to break a Barbadium Body's skin, I'm sure your teeth would be pretty strong too.

Exalted Infernals has a really good perk for that under the Metagaos perks.

>Highschool of the Dead has the Dental perk

that does sound mighty convenient

>Given that it takes multiple planet-busting strikes just to break a Barbadium Body's skin, I'm sure your teeth would be pretty strong too.

Those sound like mighty fine chompers to bite down some demons

>Metagaos perks.

will look into that, thanks

Jumpers, tell me about the times you lost or died.

In the teen titans jump I didn't do so good against cinderblock so I went and trained with Robin afterwards to learn from his strategies

During training he also gave me pointers on how to improve my striking

You kinda ignored this, so gonna post it again.

Its done. Finally.

I die a fair amount but I hardly ever lose. A few of my Most notable Death's were from from taking that one drawback in young justice
here is the fight scene
pastebin.com/885CZNAN

Thanks. Reading now...

Feels lazy.

Why are there 100cp perks that double your learning rate and then 400cp perks that just teach you one language with no particular special traits?

Probably winnie the pooh.

never. I'm a coward and don't pick fights i can't win. I always run away and let my allies/machines/clones do the dirty work. I fight dirty in general

Is Xenoblade Chronicles X a different jump to the Xenoblade Chronicles that's already on the drive?

The one from Winnie the Pooh comes in your favorite color and is made of wood. The one from Mother is made of metal and comes autographed by a bunch of baseball hall-of-famers. Both are indestructible, so it really just depends on your aesthetic preference.

Looks damned good.

You have to actually open it and then read it, user.
You lazy shitposter.

I've never played the Xenblade games and even I know that they're different.

Well, of course. It has X in it. You know how Japan is with their crosses.

It has an X. That increases its edge by 17%.

>looks damned good
At least don't exaggerate. The perks are fine but a lot of the rest of it is pretty lazily done, particularly when you compare it to the huge things he constantly promised way back.

You (and him to be fair) need to provide specific examples. The term 'this is lazy' is worthless without you saying what is lazy about it.

>At least don't exaggerate.
About my opinion? Who are you to say that I am exaggerating in my subjective opinion?
If I say I think it looks damned good, then that is what I think. You don't have a say in it!

Is trying to waifu Yoko bad luck considering what happened to the others?

nigga the 2nd time was more of a goodbye kiss than a bad luck kiss, kittan knew what was coming and just had to spit it out, never said mum about it before that exact moment

i need a perk which cures scizophrenia or atleast makes decision making easier. Anybody know something?

Your own or someone elses?

mine preferably, but someone elses would be nice too

You'd lose it in your first jump. Your body at jump start is always healthy, so such mental illnesses would immediately be cured.

That is the most beautiful pic I've seen in months. Thank you, user.

There are plenty of charms in Exalt which could help. Charms with cure or give derangements can give or take mental disorders. Good judgement though, that is trickier.

There's an apple in SMT that cures mental illnesses just by looking at it. As for decision-making, I guess just stack intelligence and willpower perks?

You could always grab Dandachi from Hero BBS it cures pretty much everything.

A lot of people say that bodymod can fix mental illness too, or at least get you to the point where you don't need medication to manage it.

If you don't need a one-time thing, try the Doctor origin in Franken Fran. Take the Brain specialty, or whatever it's called, and the perk that lets you perform surgery on yourself. It's brutal as fuck, but it should work.

thanks

i know, i just want to circumvent some problems i have with independent AIs that i communicate with or even circumvent the limitation of the celestialsapien in Ben10

thanks again

>circumvent the limitation of the celestialsapien in Ben10

so that would give you complete control over omnipotent powers?

No, just incredibly strong reality warping powers that would appear omnipotent to most perspectives but do have some limits. Strangely arbitrary ones. Like, Celestialsapiens can't manipulate mana. They can, however, destroy the universe and recreate it in a new pattern where something functionally identical to mana but that they can manipulate exists in mana's place. Celestialsapiens are weird.

Lewd jumps should be allowed on the drive.

You should be allowed to drive.

Off a cliff.

My Jumper just tried to gank Alduin right when he appeared in Skyrim. Gave him a good fight, but between trying to protect people in Helgen, moderately underestimating the power of Shouts (they're not just weird magic, they warp reality), and trying to upstage a prophecy (gotta be the Dragonborn that kills him), things didn't end well.

That's what the Medbay is for, I guess.

>gank alduin

why

having time is a good thing

There's no reason not too, this thread is already obsessed with Waifus and Fetishes so we can't prevent ourselves from falling into /cyoag/'s lewd phase when we already have.
Might as well allow them to have quality jumps that are a bit lewd.

>So much wrong
I honestly don't even know where to start...

It's a troll. Don't reply to him seriously. Ignore or make fun of him.

Shitposters,go out, enjoy the weekend.
Walk into a road, get run over.

The Marukhati split Aka into I believe 9 separate gods (we know like 4 or 5). Akatosh and Alduin are separate entities now, rather than being the same being. So killing Alduin has no negative effect on time anymore because Alduin no longer has any influence over time.

Then start.
Everyone I don't like is a shitposter.

I know this is a bad time to mention this, but /cyoag/ has reminded me that I want an option in BC for a set of four cute daemonettes, one for each god.

>Everyone I don't like is a shitposter.
~le gasp~ You too, user.
My brother from another mother, come give me a high five!

>cute daemonettes
Eh, for Nurgle? I don't think 'cute' is on the table for all four.

>~action posting~
>le
GTFO nigger

Don't bother responding to t. just hide and report.

~speaks dramatically~ Never!
Actionposting is hip. You're just an old square, man. Get with the times, dude.
Also, hardly the only person doing it, user.

Report? Actionposting (if that is what he's doing) isn't against the rules of the board, user.

It's not against the rules though. It just makes you look like a total faggot

Two alchemy questions:
>can i concievably improve alchemy to subatomic levels, so i can ideed transform matter? (i circumvented that for now by absorbing the star trek replicator into my body)
>can i concievably use alchemy to transform non material concepts like magic/souls/mana itself.... (trough the use of some perks like favour of taslan etc)

>Don't like it, just report it.
>Cause that is how reporting posts work on Veeky Forums
>I'm definitely not going to get banned for falsely reporting people

Looks who's talking

I'd say yes to the former. No clue as to the latter.
I think it would also depend on which setting you are getting the Alchemy from. And what other schools you have under your hat.

I had a shower and such set up in the Warehouse? Not exactly hard... Of course, nowadays I don't produce waste or get dirty anymore, so it's kind of a moot point.

Yeah, I don't even really check that anymore. I just assume they're free.

A fairly standard one. Very vanilla, what with just wanting to relieve some boredom.

Though I'd probably push for vanity perks, to have something nice to look at. Beauty, cuteness, awesomeness... All of those.

Usually, I play dead.

People usually assume that standard fatal wounds, no heartbeat, and a cooling corpse means that I'm done for.

They don't really expect me to get up a while later, change my face, and carry on with whatever I was doing.

You could just use a Heal spell from D&D.

It cures pretty much everything, including insanity and such.

Hard to answer if you don't mention where you're getting the alchemy from.

Alchemy from for example Harry Potter, FMA, and Sburb are all VERY different, after all.

There is no canon example of alchemy in Harry Potter, other than the Stone.

i was thinking FMA alchemy
is the sburb alchemy any good?

>>I'm definitely not going to get other people banned for falsely reporting people
FTFY
Guy didn't say he was doing it, he was trying to trick another guy into doing it for him.

Action posting is against the rules though, it's shitposting.

Amazing, but very wierd.

SeeMake up your mind or show some proof.
>it's shitposting.
Fuck off. Just because you can't express yourself with some creativity don't go imposing your limits on other people.

There is nothing on the Rules page of Veeky Forums about Actionposting. He's just a shit-stirrer. Ignore him.
Or mock him relentlessly for making up rules for things he personally doesn't like. Either or.

I'm glad this argument has eclipsed the more vitriolic one he'd have had pushing his original goal.

That is hilarious and kinda sad that someone would be that pathetic.

I take it you're talking about his trying to push acceptance of lewd jumps again. Yeah, well at least this argument is a little amusing and hasn't been repeated for the nth time.